Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Byrnzie wrote:
    They may well come back to the U.k after they've played Greece. I'd imagine that they'd be catching their flight back to the States from Heathrow. Hopefully they'll do 2 or 3 gigs at Brixton before heading back across the pond. As long as they don't play Wembley 'cos it's shiiit!

What about Scotland and the North of England though? If it's London gig and isn't on a Saturday or during school hols I can't go! If it was Glasgow or Manchester we could drive it in a night but not London!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    dbkdbk Posts: 304
    so forgetting how much tickets are!!
    how much have people put up regards air fares/accomadation etc already??
    just trying to get an angle on this
    cheers
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    foxymop79 wrote:
    What about Scotland and the North of England though? If it's London gig and isn't on a Saturday or during school hols I can't go! If it was Glasgow or Manchester we could drive it in a night but not London!

Who knows mateypoo's??? I suppose it's just a case of 'Watch this space'.
  • Options
    playa3playa3 Posts: 27
    well all i can say is thank christ theyre comin here and not playin slane with green gay or something. i know it sucks for you brits with the lack of proper shows but dont go buying all the tickets:), i'm not currently a member of 10c
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Who knows mateypoo's??? I suppose it's just a case of 'Watch this space'.

I can't cope with all this anticpation! I think I need to get my kids praying to St. Jude again tomorrow! It worked for Astoria it will work for Dublin and a Newcastle date (yeah right!)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Considering the extra dates to be announced thing was removed after they added some more dates I don't think there will be any UK shows. We can stop dreaming :(
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Byrnzie wrote:
    They may well come back to the U.k after they've played Greece. I'd imagine that they'd be catching their flight back to the States from Heathrow. Hopefully they'll do 2 or 3 gigs at Brixton before heading back across the pond. As long as they don't play Wembley 'cos it's shiiit!

I'm sure the guys have something up their sleeves. I mean they made a big deal of saying how much they liked London when they played. :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Byrnzie wrote:

I'm sure the guys have something up their sleeves. I mean they made a big deal of saying how much they liked London when they played. :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    This level of denial is saddening :(
    Paul
  • Options
    myself and heineken helen were just talking about how we can put up a couple of people and an after party if anyone is interested ;) cos that could prove to be interesting.
    and World Peace
  • Options

Yeah, they surely realise that festivals are a different kettle of fish to playing a one of show at a venue. I would doubt that they'd be wrapping up their years touring in September.
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    fowls wrote:
    Considering the extra dates to be announced thing was removed after they added some more dates I don't think there will be any UK shows. We can stop dreaming :(

I agree, sadly. They'd have nothing to gain by not announcing UK shows along with all the others.

The festivals have sold out (I think) so those promoters can't be worried about losing sales if other shows are announced however I imagine that PJ are in a pretty tight contract with the Carling weekend organisers to play there and there only in the UK. I think the Astoria came along as part of that package.

Folk saying there's nothing in the north of England? Where do you think Leeds is? and Reading is only an hour from London.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    dbk wrote:
    so forgetting how much tickets are!!
    how much have people put up regards air fares/accomadation etc already??
    just trying to get an angle on this
    cheers

Too MUCH!!

Tickets across the pond are fairly expensive....around $900-$1000 are the cheapest I found.....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    Day tickets are available for Leeds and Reading.
    Paul
  • Options
    I agree, sadly. They'd have nothing to gain by not announcing UK shows along with all the others.

The festivals have sold out (I think) so those promoters can't be worried about losing sales if other shows are announced however I imagine that PJ are in a pretty tight contract with the Carling weekend organisers to play there and there only in the UK. I think the Astoria came along as part of that package.

Folk saying there's nothing in the north of England? Where do you think Leeds is? and Reading is only an hour from London.

Carling suck Satans corporate cock!! (So I'm told).
  • Options
    IrishAngel wrote:
    myself and heineken helen were just talking about how we can put up a couple of people and an after party if anyone is interested ;) cos that could prove to be interesting.

BTW...tell your sis to get back to me......:D Thank you....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Carling suck Satans corporate cock!!
    Carling have NOTHING to do with it.
    Carling just sponsor the Reading & Leeds Festival. They are not the management. Mean Fiddler are the management, and they also own the Astoria.

At least get your facts straight :p
    Paul
  • Options

No, what I said was no real gig in the North of England, a festival is totally different to a concert! I'm going to Leeds festival but would like a proper show in the North of England - be that LEEDS or Sheffield or Newcastle or Manchester - is that too much to ask?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    fowls wrote:
    Carling have NOTHING to do with it.
    Carling just sponsor the Reading & Leeds Festival. They are not the management. Mean Fiddler are the management, and they also own the Astoria.

At least get your facts straight :p

Hmmm...o.k. I take it all back. Sorry Satan!
  • Options
    IrishAngel wrote:

Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    IrishAngel wrote:

your sis only lasted until 3am in a 24hour drinking city... ;) poor show :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    BTW...tell your sis to get back to me......:D Thank you....

she said "you didnt get back to her" :D she txted you explaining her work internet is down should be back tomorrow and txt her back :p
    and World Peace
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, they surely realise that festivals are a different kettle of fish to playing a one of show at a venue. I would doubt that they'd be wrapping up their years touring in September.

They are definitely touring Aus and NZ in Oct/Nov with Kings of Leon... its on the Kings of Leon official website... running out of time for UK dates i tell thee!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    your sis only lasted until 3am in a 24hour drinking city... ;) poor show :)

i cant believe she had 21 hours leftm:D and she said at least one of you knew when to stop :p yes i agree she let the side down and for what is is worth she's completely ashamed of herself :o
    and World Peace
  • Options
    IrishAngel wrote:
    least one of you knew when to stop :p

I know...:D ... i dont know why she left but she just disappeared :confused:

i would have went on until breakfast, but Barbara wanted to go home and so after that i was on my own... where is Barbara anyway??? i have forgotten her username on here :o

she should be ashamed... :D:D
  • Options
    I know...:D ... i dont know why she left but she just disappeared :confused:

i would have went on until breakfast, but Barbara wanted to go home and so after that i was on my own... where is Barbara anyway??? i have forgotten her username on here :o

she should be ashamed... :D:D

it shoulda been you and me dunky one things for sure i wouldnt have let you down :D
    and World Peace
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Did i just read that there might be an afterparty???
    Can i come? Pretty pretty please? I'll do karaoke as part of the entertainment!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    IrishAngel wrote:
    it shoulda been you and me dunky one things for sure i wouldnt have let you down :D

i get the feeling thats true... :)

Oily'll get jealous if he reads this ;)
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Did i just read that there might be an afterparty???
    Can i come? Pretty pretty please? I'll do karaoke as part of the entertainment!

Yeah sounds cool, I'll stay up late this time, promise :D I'm gnna try and ticket presale but if that doesn't work can someone get me one on Sat?

Cheers!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah sounds cool, I'll stay up late this time, promise :D!

yeah... you as well Dave :)

late means late though mind!! :)