Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, I've been to Ireland once. Went to Dublin for a few days and then got a bus down to Cork and spent a week there. Don't remember too much about it as vast amounts of Guiness were consumed.

ahhh i do love the guiness! i think a few of us could rival Ed with drinking skills!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    spida1998 wrote:
    Ouch....anybody else seen ticket prices for Dublin yet?

From http://www.rte.ie/arts/2006/0424/pearljam.html

24 April 2006
    Pearl Jam to play Dublin in August

Tickets, priced from €52.50, will go on sale on Saturday 29 April

That's £36 without fees, and it does say FROM €52.50!

That is a bit pricey. But then Ireland has always been a bit expensive. At least the flight was cheap - £35 return inclusive of taxes e.t.c.
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Thats bollocks if it's true.
    I read that for the dutch concert is 'only' 42 euros or something. And the Italian ones.

Ireland, and Dublin in particular, is now renowned for being pricey. I blame conversion to that pesky Euro!

Does 10c take credit card only for tix?

If so, Ill put my hand up for a spare!
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    spida1998 wrote:
    Ouch....anybody else seen ticket prices for Dublin yet?

From http://www.rte.ie/arts/2006/0424/pearljam.html

24 April 2006
    Pearl Jam to play Dublin in August

Pearl Jam will warm up for their appearance at this year's Reading Festival, and begin their European tour, with a concert in Dublin in August.

They will play the Point Theatre on Wednesday 23 August; it will be their first Irish show in six years.

Tickets, priced from €52.50, will go on sale on Saturday 29 April from outlets nationwide and are limited to four per person.

Pearl Jam's new eponymous album is released next week.

That's £36 without fees, and it does say FROM €52.50.....It'll still be worth it, but even the Astoria gig was cheaper than that, and that was in London!

That's not much. Astoria was cheaper but it was 'just' a club. We would expect to pay a lot more for venues such as Wembley Arena!
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    Thats bollocks if it's true.
    I read that for the dutch concert is 'only' 42 euros or something. And the Italian ones.

Ireland, and Dublin in particular, is now renowned for being pricey. I blame conversion to that pesky Euro!

Does 10c take credit card only for tix?

If so, Ill put my hand up for a spare!

well i have a Visa Electron debit card and that's been ok for me.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    I've found return flights with Ryanair for a tenner each from Cardiff to Dublin (but after that documentary... I'm not so sure!). A hotel shouldn't be a problem to find, but cash will. ..this is worth going a tad overdrawn for I reckon!! :D
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    Gen wrote:
    I've found return flights with Ryanair for a tenner each from Cardiff to Dublin (but after that documentary... I'm not so sure!). A hotel shouldn't be a problem to find, but cash will. ..this is worth going a tad overdrawn for I reckon!! :D

that's the spirit!
    screw my student loan, i need the PJ goodness!

• Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    well i have a Visa Electron debit card and that's been ok for me.

Really? Have you bought stuff through 10c using electron? Thought it was Credit Card only? Better go and transfer some cash to my Visa Electron account then.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    How'd you get Cardiff to Dublin for £10? I looked on their site and it was £30 + fees.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    hehe, PJ goodness indeed!!!

hmmm... mortgage and bills or PJ goodness... it's a tough one!

Still, it would be an excellent trip to Dublin for a few days and to incorporate PJ into it - fingers crossed for a pay bonus!!!

• Options
    danmac wrote:
    Really? Have you bought stuff through 10c using electron? Thought it was Credit Card only? Better go and transfer some cash to my Visa Electron account then.

yeah i bought my 10c membership, a t-shirt, the showbox DVD, my membership renewal and a couple other things using my electron card.

Unless it's changed over the last month? can anyone else confirm it?

• Options
    fowls wrote:
    How'd you get Cardiff to Dublin for £10? I looked on their site and it was £30 + fees.

The flat fare was £3 there and £7 back. But yes, it's about 30 quid with the shitty fees and taxes. Still not a bad price though :)

• Options
    Ah right. I got ryanair Stansted to Dublin for £42 including all fees. Not bad at all. Not taking any bags (I'm not gonna pay £5 for a bag!) but I'm only there 22 hours so it shouldn't matter.
    Paul
  • Options
    You'd only need a backpack with your clothes in as handluggage. That's what I always do on short trips. Saves waiting for your bags on arrival too.

God, I want to go to Dublin really badly now!

• Options
    Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do.
    Never been to Ireland before. Now I'm going to Dublin 3 times in 7 weeks (Oxegen, friend's birthday and PJ)
    Paul
  • Options
    No, i've not been before either. Hell, before last Thursday, I'd not even seen PJ before!

• Options
    fowls wrote:
    Ah right. I got ryanair Stansted to Dublin for £42 including all fees. Not bad at all. Not taking any bags (I'm not gonna pay £5 for a bag!) but I'm only there 22 hours so it shouldn't matter.

What flight are you on?? Mine leaves Stansted at 12:05pm.
  • Options
    I'm getting the first flight out at 6.30am and back on the 6.25am flight on the 24th.
    My irish friend is gonna be in dublin that day so I'm gonna meet up with her for the day. Hopefully we'll both get tickets to the gig. The "What if I don't get tickets?" nerves are starting to kick in!
    Paul
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    I'm getting the first flight out at 6.30am and back on the 6.25am flight on the 24th.
    My irish friend is gonna be in dublin that day so I'm gonna meet up with her for the day. Hopefully we'll both get tickets to the gig. The "What if I don't get tickets?" nerves are starting to kick in!

There'll be a bunch of spares from the pre-sales this week. DON'T WORRY...BE HAPPY!!!
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    ahhh i do love the guiness! i think a few of us could rival Ed with drinking skills!

Guiness..That`s great beer! I think Ed without doubt would beat me..:D

If I don`t get tickets myself I also need a couple ones..Me and my sister,which got me into Pearl jam in the first place, are going to Dublin..
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Options
    I won't worry. :D Just never done a 10c presale before. Have no idea how fast it'll sell out!
    Paul
  • Options
    How many tickets does the club hold before general release?

• Options
    now, i know this sounds bad. im not a member of ten club, to be honest didnt really know it existed. im mnewish to internet chat and stuff.
    i live in co. down northern ireland, currently living in leeds. im going to leeds festival - but i really want to go to dublin gig. i will be in ireland in summer anyway. was wondering if anyone was able to get pre sale tickets and have any spares, just incase i cant get in on general sale and all the bloody touts will get them.

if so , id appreciate being sorted out - a lock of pints as a sweetener?

if at all please email me - jasoncecilbreen@yahoo.co.uk or leave your details for me to contact you.

many thanks.
  • Options
    oh, and the point id sn awesome venue. best in ireland by far!!! seen audioslave their on their first tour. truly superb!
  • Options
    Some info I need from ya irish jammers:

-the price of a typical days expenses? (food, lodging, travel fares, etc)
    -A list of "must sees" for the non concert days

I'm going to try to pull this together, any info you guys can supply would be great. I spoke with HH, she is doing her best to help me out, any other opinions would be quite supurb!!
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    52 euro is pricey... anyway, I am not going to buy a ticket via 10c presale, so if I don't manage to order one via ticketmaster (but I try to stay calm, the Point is no Astoria!), I will be looking for a spare too.

I've never been to Ireland, always have wanted to visit, now I have the best reason! :)
  • Options

-the price of a typical days expenses? (food, lodging, travel fares, etc)

I'm going to try to pull this together, any info you guys can supply would be great. I spoke with HH, she is doing her best to help me out, any other opinions would be quite supurb!!

Hey, I know I have simple tastes, but when in Dublin surely your list of "must see's" should generally consist in seeing the insides of as many pubs as possible??
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I love Dublin... the pubs and the people are class, but the zoo is a bit pants!!! Although it does bring back nightmarish memories about the end of my life as my boyfriend proposed in Dublin in feb!!!!! ARGH!!! Can't wait to see PJ there! If I get tickets! I'm guessing we should all pretty much get 10c tix if we're members tho right?!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

hmmmmm..... the Cheerleader museum defo :)

some prison HHelen goes on about and The Guinness Factory tour are must sees!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey, I know I have simple tastes, but when in Dublin surely your list of "must see's" should generally consist in seeing the insides of as many pubs as possible??

I`m with you on that one! Surely, that is going to be my goal!:D
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07