The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    A toast to all you mothers out there... and you wonderful Moms too! :lol:

Happy Mother's day!

Cheers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm thankful I got to spend the day with mine.

Also, here's to the wonderful moms who've passed. We toasted them yesterday, bigtime.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Some days, I could use a glass of this when emotions run high ....

29cbdj4.jpg

:)

(I stole this pic from a thread that got locked down on the main page ... :think: ... which means it should be right at home on AMT :mrgreen: )
    It's 7:40 PST and I'm still working? WTF... lounge car time!

Cheers and happy weekend to everybody... and I do mean everybody! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

It's a pretty morning here and though it seems too early to be nursing an achy back and listening to A Perfect Circle, it's really not :D

We're supposed to get a good view of the eclipse this evening! Our place faces east, so I'm curious how that weird light will appear from our perspective.
    hedonist wrote:
    It's a pretty morning here and though it seems too early to be nursing an achy back and listening to A Perfect Circle, it's really not :D

We're supposed to get a good view of the eclipse this evening! Our place faces east, so I'm curious how that weird light will appear from our perspective.

The eclipse! Thanks for the reminder!

Cheers!

Blinds and windows are wide open!

Looks pretty cool outside - odd sun/shade for this hour - almost like it should be September-ish, not the onset of summer.
    hedonist wrote:
    Blinds and windows are wide open!

Looks pretty cool outside - odd sun/shade for this hour - almost like it should be September-ish, not the onset of summer.
    Yeah, it was pretty cool. A friend set up binoculars with one lens blocked out and projected the eclipse image onto a piece of paper on a board. Very clever and a great way to watch the eclipse. Oh, and it was lounge atmosphere all the way- good food and lots of wine. Think I'll go veg for a while. :lol:

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    It's freaking hot today! Frozen margaritas anyone?
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    First day of the week where I have not had to call the cops at work. too bad that its Friday. beer time
    Oh hell yes, Jason!

Weather's gorgeous here, and the fact that three responsibility-free days/nights are upon us makes me almost giddy.

Ah fuck it...I AM giddy :mrgreen:

fife, if you don't mind answering, what do you do? Just curious, between the Li thread and your comment above.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    hedonist wrote:
    Oh hell yes, Jason!

Weather's gorgeous here, and the fact that three responsibility-free days/nights are upon us makes me almost giddy.

Ah fuck it...I AM giddy :mrgreen:

fife, if you don't mind answering, what do you do? Just curious, between the Li thread and your comment above.

Dont mind at all. I work with people who are homeless and living with HIV or AIDS. I have a client who is not doing so well this week and have had to be calling the police everyday this week along with whats called the Crisis mobile unit.

I am trying to get this client the support needed the same support that Li never had.
    fife wrote:
    Dont mind at all. I work with people who are homeless and living with HIV or AIDS. I have a client who is not doing so well this week and have had to be calling the police everyday this week along with whats called the Crisis mobile unit.

I am trying to get this client the support needed the same support that Li never had.
    Wow. You have my respect for the work you do.

Hope you (all) are having a restful if not lounge-about morning.
    hedonist wrote:
    fife wrote:

Wow. You have my respect for the work you do.

Hope you (all) are having a restful if not lounge-about morning.

Same here, Fife. Thank you for doing good work to help others in need.

For whatever reason, short (holiday) weeks sometimes seem longer than they are.

So hello Friday evening! -- with the backdrop of the sun still saying hey at this hour - one of my favorite times, and light...somewhere in between late afternoon and night.

Feel the need to get back to basics.

(good god I fucking LOVE this band, not to mention Mr. H's accompaniment on this - fucking gorgeous and yes, the double-use of fucking is quite necessary)

Bitten, indeed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzEW3HL ... re=related
    hedonist wrote:
    For whatever reason, short (holiday) weeks sometimes seem longer than they are.

So hello Friday evening! -- with the backdrop of the sun still saying hey at this hour - one of my favorite times, and light...somewhere in between late afternoon and night.

Feel the need to get back to basics.

(good god I fucking LOVE this band, not to mention Mr. H's accompaniment on this - fucking gorgeous and yes, the double-use of fucking is quite necessary)

Bitten, indeed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzEW3HL ... re=related

Entrancing... fucking entrancing! :shock: :D

Thanks for kicking our weekend off right, Hedonist! :clap::clap::clap:

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    A last little drink before the lounge closes for refurbishment!

Cheers!
    Thanks for the memories.....until we meet again ;)
    BioPhotoBobHope.jpg
    Salut!
    Arnold-2.jpg

Hasta la vista, baby. See you all on the new forum!

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    brianlux wrote:

Really? Almost 2 months? Cmon! All aboard!!!!!!!!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    brianlux wrote:

Thanks for the invitation, Edson! Cheers!

Cheers, everyone! :D

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Thanks for the invitation, Edson! Cheers!

Cheers, everyone! :D
    :D
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Where the hell is everybody??? I hate drinking alone....don't get me wrong, I'll suck it up and do it, but I won't enjoy it damn you!

You know what goes good with beer.... :corn:
    hippiemom = goodness
    Where the hell is everybody??? I hate drinking alone....don't get me wrong, I'll suck it up and do it, but I won't enjoy it damn you!

You know what goes good with beer.... :corn:

Well, Cincy, it's only 1:41 PM on the west coast but, well, what the hay, it's Friday. Drinks all around! :D

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Oh, there you all are...I was on my way to dig up the old Lounge car. I'm feeling a Guinness right about now. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I decided to get an early start on the weekend by taking a half-day off.

All the necessary fixins on hand, good music included.

Salut! (and hail hail!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuO9zZaRxxs
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Shirotsugh Lhadatt: Can you repeat? I couldn't hear you.
    Control Center Tech: We've got to scrub the launch. The enemy's attacking earlier than we thought.
    Lhadatt: Scrub the launch?! What, and just run away? We can't give up. You can't pull the plug now!
    Control Center Tech: We got to! They might shoot you down.
    General Khaidenn: Enough of this! Come down from there at once! [Lhadatt's capsule powers down] We have to do this. I hate it as much as you do. I thought we could really do it this time. We can't do anything about this. Just forget it. Risking your lives? Well, it's just not worth it.
    Lhadatt: I don't believe this! What are you going to do? Just QUIT!? If we stop here then we are a bunch of fools! That's plain stupid! Quit before the fight even starts? Where's the glory in that? What we've done is incredible. I'll still do it even if it means I die in the process! Here's your chance to be in the history books instead of just reading them. There may never be another chance like this again. Anyone who isn't with me can leave! I WILL DO THIS! I am goddamn ready to do this! All sections talk to me!
    Ground Tech 1: And voltage good!
    Ground Tech 2: Oil pressure full!
    Ground Tech 3: All pumps are activated!
    Control Center Tech 2: Fuel is good.
    Maty: Sir, the launch pad's as ready as it's ever gonna be.
    Khaidenn: [long pause] Moment of truth... Return to countdown! [control center crew cheers]

T-Minus 1 hour until lift off!!!
    hedonist wrote:

Salut! (and hail hail!)

In the book business, we almost always only work half days. Some times we even get to choose which 12 hours we want to work. :lol:

Cheers!

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    brianlux wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Salut! (and hail hail!)

In the book business, we almost always only work half days. Some times we even get to choose which 12 hours we want to work. :lol:

Cheers!

Working the manager's shift, eh? :)

My old boss had absolutely no life and enjoyed scheduling himself for 16 hour shifts. :o :shock:

Working the manager's shift, eh? :)

My old boss had absolutely no life and enjoyed scheduling himself for 16 hour shifts. :o :shock:

I'm just fishing for sympathy :lol: But don't let me fool you- it only feels like 12 hours some days.

And today's my Friday so CHEERS everyone! :D