Tebow

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Let's not forget the Steelers DB's terrible playing and LeBau's bad game plans helped Tebow alot as well. Some of his completions were just awful throws.

His motion takes WAY too long.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    polaris_x wrote:
    ya ... and let's not forget that O-Line ... and also, during this run - it really has been Denver's D that determines who wins ...

Exactly. They had a string of mostly unimpressive wins in the middle of the season and all the commentators and analysts were hopping on board. When they finally faced a team with a great offense, they got exposed. To top it all off, it's not like the Pats D is ANYTHING to write home about.
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I can't stand tebow
    The offense is straight out of High school.
    They got lucky vs the steelers

Pats are gonna put up lots of points and tebow won't be able to respond.

Saints vs pats in super bowl !!
    Gibson1972
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    excerpt by DJ Gallo on ESPN:

Tim Tebow: Football Troll

The image of your average Internet message-board troll is that of a weak, pasty basement dweller whose life is focused on getting people riled up in comments sections. Now imagine if such a troll was a muscled 6-foot-3, 236-pounder who decided to troll the entire country on national television every week? You'd have Tim Tebow.

He started the season as the third-stringer, and everyone freaked out. Then he got a start and won, and everyone freaked out. Then in his second start, he played horribly and got crushed, and everyone freaked out. Then he went on a winning streak, and everyone freaked out. Then he went on a losing streak, and everyone freaked out. Then he won a playoff game, and everyone freaked out.

Victim count: football scouts, football media, Tebow haters, Tebow supporters, John Fox, John Elway, his teammates, me, you. At some point along the way, he's made everyone look stupid. Well played, Tebow. Well played. If the NFL were a message board, Tebow would be typing "FIRST!" in the playoffs thread.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7442005/tim-tebow-spawns-theories-explain-development-quarterback-denver-broncos
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Stats are for Losers! The only ones that matters are W's and L's. I don't care how long the ball takes to get out, the horrible throwing motion, the FB playing QB, etc etc etc. The kid took a 4-12 team from last season that started 1-4 this year and has them in the Elite 8 of the NFL. We were part of the "Suck for Luck" teams at the beginning of the season and look at us now! There's a reason they play the game on the field regardless of Vega$ lines and conventional NFL wisdom. Will we win it all, probably not, but it sure has been a fun ride and I for one will not bet against the kid. Just ask them why in Miami, Oakland, K.C, N.Y., S.D., Minnesota, Chicago, and now Pittsburgh. It's one of the greatest sports stories over the last decade!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    CServant wrote:
    It's one of the greatest sports stories over the last decade!

While it has been a crazy story....does a mediocre QB leading the Broncos to a .500 record really qualify as one of the greatest sports stories of the past decade?
    CServant wrote:
    Stats are for Losers! The only ones that matters are W's and L's. I don't care how long the ball takes to get out, the horrible throwing motion, the FB playing QB, etc etc etc. The kid took a 4-12 team from last season that started 1-4 this year and has them in the Elite 8 of the NFL. We were part of the "Suck for Luck" teams at the beginning of the season and look at us now! There's a reason they play the game on the field regardless of Vega$ lines and conventional NFL wisdom. Will we win it all, probably not, but it sure has been a fun ride and I for one will not bet against the kid. Just ask them why in Miami, Oakland, K.C, N.Y., S.D., Minnesota, Chicago, and now Pittsburgh. It's one of the greatest sports stories over the last decade!

Mechanics <> stats
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    CServant wrote:
    It's one of the greatest Colorado sports stories over the last decade!

Fixed it for you.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    CServant wrote:

Fixed it for you.

I didn't know ESPN, the NFL Network. Showtime, CBS, and NBC were local? Touche though :D
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I didn't say nobody outside of Colorado has heard of it, and that the media wasn't running it into the ground, but it's certainly not as big of a deal outside of Colorado as it is to people there I'm sure. And the media (as well as the national attention) really dropped off during the 3 game losing streak. The Broncos won a playoff game, that's not really groundbreaking. If they win the Super Bowl, then this will be a big story, though I don't think it will be one of the biggest stories of the decade. As it stands though I'm more interested in seeing whether any ESPN analysts are going to get injured jumping on and off the Broncos bandwagon.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    The Top 10 sports stories of the last decade are probably all the dumb, douchy, or scummiest stories from the period. No room for underdogs when you got stuff like child molestation, dog fighting, steroids, etc.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    CServant wrote:
    CServant wrote:

Fixed it for you.

I didn't know ESPN, the NFL Network. Showtime, CBS, and NBC were local? Touche though :D

At first glance i thought your avatar was a hairy limp penis.

I like the guy Tebow i just hope it all blows up come this Saturday evening against NE.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

I think you have BIGGER issues :?
    CServant wrote:
    g under p wrote:

:lol: Yeah that avatar could be bigger. Do you think TT can get the job done and win this weekend....honestly?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Pittsburgh mayor loses bet with Denver's mayor...has to Tebow Steeltown skyline wearing a Tebow jersey...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/ ... b3fbe8.jpg

Peace

g under p wrote:
    CServant wrote:
    g under p wrote:

:lol: Yeah that avatar could be bigger. Do you think TT can get the job done and win this weekend....honestly?

Peace

I do think they can win or they wouldn't even bother playing the game. It's not like the New Englan is stacked on D! Heck, I naturally forgot there was a "D" in New Englan!
    CServant wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I do think they can win or they wouldn't even bother playing the game. It's not like the New Englan is stacked on D! Heck, I naturally forgot there was a "D" in New Englan![/quote]

Yes the Patriots "D" is not the best and Denver's appears to be better so this should be an interesting game atleast better than last nights crushing "D" from the "Roll Tide" team.

That said Go Patriots...they bend on "Defense and hopefully they won't break"

Peace

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    g under p wrote:
    Pittsburgh mayor loses bet with Denver's mayor...has to Tebow Steeltown skyline wearing a Tebow jersey...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/ ... b3fbe8.jpg

Peace

:lol:

anyone else notice that he passed for 316 yards? and his yards per pass were 31.6? Coincidence? i think not!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Big Ben should have known NOT to point to the sky after the Steelers scored a game tying TD. God is in Tebow's corner for that QB match-up. One coin flip and 80 yard catch and run and another Tebow "miracle" unfolded.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19707827

Its this stuff that makes it hard for me to root against him
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Here's the thing ... there are TONS of players that are this nice, that have charities or foundations, that do some genuinely amazing things for those less fortunate ... they just don't get the pub he does.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a hell of a nice guy (ooops, "heck" of a nice guy, sorry) ... he was an amazing college player, and as stated earlier I think he can be a very good NFL player.

I'm just sick of all the stories about getting jammed down our throats.

You can easily separate "Tebow is a nice guy" and "I want the Broncos to get annihilated this week" ... I'm sure you did it last week.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    CServant wrote:
    I do think they can win or they wouldn't even bother playing the game. It's not like the New Englan is stacked on D! Heck, I naturally forgot there was a "D" in New Englan!

Points against in the regular season ...

New England - 342
    Denver - 390

Just sayin'.

Listen ... the Pats beat the Jets 45 - 3 late last year ... and lost to them in the playoffs, at home.

Anything can happen.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

Here's the thing ... there are TONS of players that are this nice, that have charities or foundations, that do some genuinely amazing things for those less fortunate ... they just don't get the pub he does.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a hell of a nice guy (ooops, "heck" of a nice guy, sorry) ... he was an amazing college player, and as stated earlier I think he can be a very good NFL player.

I'm just sick of all the stories about getting jammed down our throats.

You can easily separate "Tebow is a nice guy" and "I want the Broncos to get annihilated this week" ... I'm sure you did it last week.

yes I know this, I think all of us do. There are also tons of players that genuaily don't care. And I'm torn this week, I would like nothing more for him to beat the Patriots, most people forget they were doing pretty well against them until they had all kinds of fumbles in the first game. Unfortunately I hate the Ravens more than the Pats, so I kind of need them to win. Too much to hope for Broncos/Texans AFC title game.
    jimed14 wrote:
    CServant wrote:

New England - 342
    Denver - 390

Just sayin'.

Listen ... the Pats beat the Jets 45 - 3 late last year ... and lost to them in the playoffs, at home.

Anything can happen.

New England fans quickly forget that 2nd quarter where the Broncos had 3 fumbles that drastically changed the game.
    jimed14 wrote:
    CServant wrote:

New England - 342
    Denver - 390

Just sayin'.

Anything can happen.

New England fans quickly forget that 2nd quarter where the Broncos had 3 fumbles that drastically changed the game.

Not sure how my post makes you think I "forgot" that? Hell, I even stated the Broncos could win (via my Jets comment).

But also, remember the unbelievable start the Broncos got off to in that game, 17 early points ... I don't think that will happen again, either.

jimed14 wrote:
    Not sure how my post makes you think I "forgot" that? Hell, I even stated the Broncos could win (via my Jets comment).

But also, remember the unbelievable start the Broncos got off to in that game, 17 early points ... I don't think that will happen again, either.

I did not mean you specifically, just all my friends that are Pats fans think they already have the game won.
    jimed14 wrote:

I did not mean you specifically, just all my friends that are Pats fans think they already have the game won.

Well, they are dumb if that's how they think ... about this at least.

The Pats have lost their last two home playoff games ... Jets last year and getting destroyed by the Ravens the year before.

Anything can happen.

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    :lol::clap: :thumbup:
    “The national nightmare continues,” Barkley said, referring to the Tebow-mania that has seemingly swept the nation. “Hey, listen, I like Tim Tebow but there comes a point, he had a great game. He’s supposed to have a great game.”
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... ots-280641
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD