Options

Tebow

Comments

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    ESPN radio mentioned that there is talk of converting him to a an HB or TE.

Can Tebow catch?

I'm trying to remember who was talking about, I think it was John CLayton, it but I guess in practice he puts on quite a show of how good his hands are actually.

Practice is one thing, an actual game with DB's and Linebackers looking to take your head off is another. I can catch a ball, but if I knew somebody like Brian Urlacher was anywhere in the vicinity looking to bury my ass as soon as I touched the ball it would probably throw my game off considerably.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Watch him end up with the Pats. Bill loves him. He can sit the bench with Ochocinco.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Practice is one thing, an actual game with DB's and Linebackers looking to take your head off is another. I can catch a ball, but if I knew somebody like Brian Urlacher was anywhere in the vicinity looking to bury my ass as soon as I touched the ball it would probably throw my game off considerably.

I wouldn't see that as a problem. The guy's already played with those guys looking to take his head off and pretty much runs right at them. One thing I must say about the kid is he doesn't fear anything.
  • Options
    Watch him end up with the Pats. Bill loves him. He can sit the bench with Ochocinco.

He can change his name to Uno Cinco, or Quince.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I wouldn't see that as a problem. The guy's already played with those guys looking to take his head off and pretty much runs right at them. One thing I must say about the kid is he doesn't fear anything.

Running towards somebody and preparing yourself for a blow is quite different than keeping your eye on the ball and catching it while knowing that somebody you don't even see is about to hit you any second. I'm not saying he can't do it, but it's different than catching balls in practice. Being a receiver, or a catching back is a nerve racking prospect to me.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Running towards somebody and preparing yourself for a blow is quite different than keeping your eye on the ball and catching it while knowing that somebody you don't even see is about to hit you any second. I'm not saying he can't do it, but it's different than catching balls in practice. Being a receiver, or a catching back is a nerve racking prospect to me.

I guess no one will know if he can do it until if/when he tries. He's big and strong, reports indicate he has good hands, and it's obvious he wants to learn and be an NFL player.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    jesus is now a jet fan
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oh lord...

well at least my office will be interesting the whole afternoon
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Fuck me. He really had to go to the biggest media market in the country. At least the NY media will eat him and his bullshit alive. That should be fun to watch.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck me. He really had to go to the biggest media market in the country. At least the NY media will eat him and his bullshit alive. That should be fun to watch.

Unbelievable. What the fuck are the Jets thinking? Now they have 2 QBs that suck.
  • Options
    The Jets are a laughing stock. This has got to be the most transparent, wrong headed PR move in the history of Marketing. :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The Jets are a laughing stock. This has got to be the most transparent, wrong headed PR move in the history of Marketing. :lol:
    I'm going to go with New Coke, but this is a close second :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    pretty obvious the Broncos give much a shit about Tebow. This is the worst possible situation for him.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    pretty obvious the Broncos give much a shit about Tebow. This is the worst possible situation for him.

I think the Jets were the only one dumb enough to give them a draft pick for the guy (even a 4th). The guy CANNOT play QB!!!!!

Basically, Elway turned a good Defense into a 4th round pick and Peyton Manning. Genius!!
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Did everybody hear the collective "PHEW!" coming from the city of Green Bay? :lol:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Well, at least he will get some playing time next season.
  • Options
    JETS? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Another opinion...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... gang-green

The sparano connection is interesting.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    thank god i don't love fotball..cause i would have shot myself a long time ago
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Buffalo also sent a 6th rounder to Denver for Tebow to the Jets
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Buffalo also sent a 6th rounder to Denver for Tebow to the Jets
    :lol::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    can't wait for the post headline tomorrow

'timsanity'?

:lol:
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    oh this is rich
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    JETS? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Listening to WFAN and every Jets fan is disgusted by this. Mike is having such a good time. I think it's the first time he's absolutely ripped a local franchise and had EVERY fan call up and agree.

I thank the Johnson Family Foundation and Coach Tubby Foot Fetish for a nice afternoon of entertainment. :D
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    RiotZact wrote:
    Did everybody hear the collective "PHEW!" coming from the city of Green Bay? :lol:

:lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    Will wait to see how all this plays out before i start ripping this organization .... We are all such great Couch Quarterbacks :oops:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Will wait to see how all this plays out before i start ripping this organization .... We are all such great Couch Quarterbacks :oops:

Are you on the radio with Mike right now? Are you the guy telling Mike - "no! YOU'RE a circus! Don't call the Jets a circus!"

High comedy.

Then Mike - The Jets should have as many #1 finishes as me in the last 25 years.

I have a feeling Tebow is going to be the gift that keeps on giving....
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Maybe he should stay with Jeremy Lin while he searches for an apartment. (I stole that joke from a poster another message board)
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303

Are you on the radio with Mike right now? Are you the guy telling Mike - "no! YOU'RE a circus! Don't call the Jets a circus!"

High comedy.

Then Mike - The Jets should have as many #1 finishes as me in the last 25 years.

No but i'm not gonna jump of the bridge because they signed him , i will wait till the season is under way and see what capacity hi's being used as and then i will judge ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

High comedy.

No but i'm not gonna jump of the bridge because they signed him , i will wait till the season is under way and see what capacity hi's being used as and then i will judge ....

you are so level headed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg