Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    imalive wrote:
    R.I.P. Tebowmania

I wish it were that easy, but it's not. It died when the Broncos had a 3 game losing streak to end the season, then they win 1 playoff game and it came back with a vengeance. It's dead now, but as soon as Denver wins a game next year it will probably flare back up. Tebowmania is based on mediocre achievements anyway, so it's not like Denver will have to do much for Tebow to be glorified again. If Tebow wins a game of Ping Pong against a blind man in the off season it could flare back up.

At least Charles Barkley can get a good nights sleep for a few months.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    One of those yappers on local sports radio said something tonight that made me laugh. I normally don't pay much attention to them, but found it amusing. And I know it doesn't mean much, comparing average points per game, but it is kind of funny.

Denver Average Points Per Game With Tebow - 18

Indianapolis Colts Average Points Per Game - 15

On any given Sunday the only difference between "Tim Tebow's" Denver Broncos and the 2-14, last place, Peyton Manning-less Indianapolis Colts... is a field goal.

It all boils down to Denver having a pretty good D.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    BinFrog wrote:
    One of those yappers on local sports radio said something tonight that made me laugh. I normally don't pay much attention to them, but found it amusing. And I know it doesn't mean much, comparing average points per game, but it is kind of funny.

On any given Sunday the only difference between "Tim Tebow's" Denver Broncos and the 2-14, last place, Peyton Manning-less Indianapolis Colts... is a field goal.

just saying...
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The guy is consistantly under 50% passing and under 40% sometimes. Even when a team is up in a blowout and playing a lax defense for a half. If I were a broncos fan I would have been thrilled with the season, however, I wouldn't be too happy with a commitment to tebow, even for just next season. Their schedule should be tougher, teams will have adjusted to the phony offense (they already did), and all the luck wont be on their side. Their method of winning was not sustainable with tebow.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

just saying...

True, New England carved up Denver's defense (hell Detroit and Buffalo hung up 45 and 40 on them respectively) but it has been Denver's defense that has been the biggest factor in Denver's success this year. For a team that averages 18 points a game to have a record of 6-4 (and a 1-1 post-season) the defense has to do SOMETHING. Which they usually did.
  • Options
    Also, an offense not moving the ball, not taking up their share of the clock, and not competitive in the field position battle, affects the defense in a bad way. The only td drive was a start from the ne 20 from an interception.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    It just goes to show that the regular season doesn't matter come playoff time. The Steelers had the #1 ranked defense, yet the Broncos put up 29 points and beat them; the Patriots had the 31st ranked defense(second worst in the league) and the Broncos lose 45-10. Steelers/Payriots would have been a much better matchup. Sitting through that game last night was brutal. Playoff games should never be that one-sided. 15 negative yard plays for the Broncos- embarrassing. How did the Steelers lose to that team??
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    How did the Steelers lose to that team??

It's not the whole problem, but one factor was injuries. Several defensive injuries, plus Ryan Clark not being able to play on account of the combination of Denver's altitude and his sickle cell trait. Roethlisberger hasn't been 100% since that injury in the Cleveland game, he could play but he wasn't able to be very mobile.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    How did the Steelers lose to that team??

It's not the whole problem, but one factor was injuries. Several defensive injuries,
    plus Ryan Clark not being able to play on account of the combination of Denver's altitude and his sickle cell trait. Roethlisberger hasn't been 100% since that injury in the Cleveland game, he could play but he wasn't able to be very
    mobile.

Still, even with the injuries, the Steelers defense couldn't have been any worse than the Patriot's defense(I don't think they shot from 1st to 32nd place). And even with Big Ben not 100% he was still able to come back and send the game to OT. I dunno, the Patriots just made it look so effortless last night; exactly how the Steelers should have made it look, IMO.
  • Options
    The problem is, dick labeau decided to go with his defense plan as opposed to the one that fits and is effective against the broncos (stack the box and go man to man). Every other team they have played for the past 5 games has played relatively the same defensive strategy.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The problem is, dick labeau decided to go with his defense plan as opposed to the one that fits and is effective against the broncos (stack the box and go man to man). Every other team they have played for the past 5
    games has played relatively the same defensive strategy.

And yet Tomlin said they'd play the Broncos the same way if they had to do it all over again, lol
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    The Gifted Young Athlete
    An open letter from Kenny Powers to Tim Tebow
    By Kenny Powers on February 7, 2012

With football season over, we asked the most important athlete of our age to try to make sense of the mystical experience that was Tebowmania. He said yes, on one condition: that we not alter a single word of his piece. For better or worse, we agreed.

As Yogi Berra famously said, "it's like Deja Vu came all over itself again."

The more I read about Tim Tebow, the more I see similarities to my own life story. Our story begins with a young mother- to-be who wants an abortion. Instead, she mans up and has the baby, giving birth to a son-child.

This special son-child makes a life out of bucking the odds. Though neither the strongest nor the fastest, he excels at sports. Many experts doubt the remarkable lad. They tell him he throws funny, and that he doesn't have the right physique for the game. It's science, they say. He'll only go so far.

But the Gifted Young Athlete refuses to let the doubters shit in his Wheaties. To hell with science. The Gifted Young Athlete knows that he has something stronger. He has God on his side. So he presses on and keeps a good attitude, and every time he beats the odds in life he proves the experts wrong.

Next thing you know, there are folks calling it a miracle. Maybe the Gifted Young Athlete is blessed by the Almighty, they say. Perhaps he really does have a fucking angel on his shoulder.

And suddenly the experts don't look like experts anymore. By now, our hero has upset a whole lot of people. There are those who simply don't like the idea of a man being favored by God. They feel his special relationship with Jesus diminishes their own somehow. If Jesus loves the Gifted Young Athlete, what does he think of the rest of us? Bunch of assholes?

So the haters multiply, and soon the resentment reaches a boiling point. And that's when the torches and pitchforks and long knives come out. Yes, the world is given a savior but they choose to crucify him instead. Who'd a thunk it? The same old fuckin' story.

Maybe that's why Jesus likes us so much to begin with. He sees a little of himself in there.

You see, Gifted Young Athlete, people look at us and they see all they don't have. It's like, "homeboy's over there gettin' 'er done! And Jesus loves him too! Fuck that guy."

But can you really blame them? Wouldn't you be pissed? Jesus helps us win at sports games, yet he's nowhere to be found when poor people need important medicine for their kid's infection, or when they're late on a mortgage payment. Think about it. There are folks in Africa who get AIDS without even being gay. Yet here Jesus is, helping me & Tebow out in sports, just because we're maybe a little bit cooler in his eyes. It's a raw deal, plain and simple. Even though he's hooking me up, I still see it's kind of a cocksucker move on Jesus's part.

But my advice to you, Mr. Tebow, from one Gifted Young Athlete to another: don't kill yourself trying to make sense of all the madness. Just hold on to your dick and have a good time. Believe me, it's all you can do. Make no apologies, either. Those are for weak people, and the haters will hate you anyway. It's not our fault we're awesome, playboy. It's Jesus's. As the gorgeous bitches in the makeup commercials used to say, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

God Bless.

Kenny Powers
    Shelby, NC
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/755 ... -tim-tebow

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I can't wait for Season 3 of Eastbound to start in 2 weeks :lol:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    well, Brady, what's your next stop gonna be? :?

GQ: Brady Quinn Debunks Year Of The Tebow: 'We've Had A Lot Of ... Luck'
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:15 am
    Written by: Eric Adelson

The Tim Tebow debate has raged into the off-season, and by now we know the usual detractors: guys like Terrell Suggs, Nick Barnett, Shawne Merriman, Brady Quinn ...

Wait. What?

That's right, in a thoroughly reported feature by Yahoo! Sports NFL writer Michael Silver in the March issue of GQ, one of the Tebow critics is actually fellow Denver Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn.

And it's not just one subtle jab, either. Early in his piece, Silver gets Quinn talking about how Tebow got promoted to starter:

Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle [Orton] got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just ’cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice.

Silver continues on with an oral history of the season, sprinkling in choice quotes from the likes of Kurt Warner (who compares Tebow to a character in the Bible) and Suggs (who calls Tebow "terrible").

Then it's back to Quinn, who demystifies Tebow's late-game prowess:

The entire game, the defensive line is chasing the quarterback around, and that wears down the pass rush. Meanwhile, the defensive backs are chasing receivers, but you only throw eight passes, so they start to feel lazy. It only takes that one play, that one big pass, for a touchdown.

To be sure, others in the story feel similarly. Merriman, of the Bills, tells Silver, "His teammates are making him look a lot better than he is." Suggs, of the Ravens, says, "No matter how many bad games Tim Tebow is gonna have, it’s 'He’s great.' I'll never understand it."

But the most glaring quotes -- though not the most hard-hitting -- come from Quinn.

In one passage, Broncos star linebacker Von Miller gives credit to the team -- "I mean, you could just see our team's resiliency in action. Nobody was giving up" -- and then Quinn offers a different reason for the Broncos' surge: "We’ve had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply."

Now, Quinn isn't saying anything that hasn't been thought by pretty much everyone. Tebow didn't win football games with dominance or cunning. It's hard to pin his leadership on anything other than his all-world will and, as Warner suggests, "divine intervention." But in this story we have everyone in the Broncos organization, from coach John Fox to president John Elway to Miller, saying all the right things. Then there's the backup quarterback, Brady Quinn.

And not everything Quinn says is about football. The former Notre Dame star also questions how Tebow prays.

"If you look at it as a whole," he tells Silver, "there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"

Will Quinn get that opportunity? Fox says he wants two new quarterbacks to contend for the top job in Denver in the fall. So despite leading his team to a playoff victory, Tebow will have plenty of headwinds when training camp opens.

And it's likely not all of the doubters will be outside the Broncos complex.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    move over tebs, manning is a bronco

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77091 ... ources-say
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    davidtrios wrote:

Manning doesn't have a shot to start over Tebow. :P
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    You know Timmy's coming to Miami :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

jacksonville has been discussed....either way...they should send him to buffalo so we don't have to hear about him anymore.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:

jacksonville has been discussed....either way...they should send him to buffalo so we don't have to hear about him anymore.
    If I am Miami, I would take Tebow over Alex Smith, who had 5 hours of discussions yesterday...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I wish there was a smiley face on the right of the guy flipping the bird.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

smiley-flip-bird.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

smiley-flip-bird.gif

reported
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Jacksonville has be ready to throw Denver the kitchen sink for Tebow. Ticket sales will go through the roof. Who knows, maybe Jacksonville fans will even some day know what it is like to watch a home-game live on TV.
  • Options
    there is going to be like zero bidding for Tebow. I dont know why the price would/should be high. I am sure a condition of Manning signing is them getting rid of the circus...

Itll be Miami, maybe. Possibly Jax, but they just got Henne and have Gabbert.
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Miami doesn't want that, Jax blocked it by signing a QB, the obvious answer is either the Redskins (because it makes no sense), or Shaq singing "Hey Tebow, how's the bench taste".
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    RW81233 wrote:
    Miami doesn't want that, Jax blocked it by signing a QB, the obvious answer is either the Redskins (because it makes no sense), or Shaq singing "Hey Tebow, how's the bench taste".
    Surely the Raiders must have a few more draft picks burning some holes in their pocket.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Surely the Raiders must have a few more draft picks burning some holes in their pocket.

Brilliant idea. They could also sign Randy Moss and Terrell Owens as well! What an offensive meeting that would be. :lol:
  • Options
    I dont think they get anything higher than a 3rd for him, and I think that is even a reach.