Europe 2012 Ticket Pre-sale Update

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mfc2006 wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    If sabotage is the case, should members worry if their personal information was compromised? I'm not talking about membership numbers... more like addresses and credit card info for those that got that far.

this is a VERY VALID POINT.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • well, at least some kind of info.

but way too late! you could have saved so many restless hours, anger and disappointment.

after all, it´s not about most of the things and details mentioned... we just want to see our band! and we wanna have a good night´s sleep, knowing that our tickets are already ours. not fighting with f...ing half of europe about standing tickets!

:cry:
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    If sabotage is the case, should members worry if their personal information was compromised? I'm not talking about membership numbers... more like addresses and credit card info for those that got that far.

Yeah it really is. Somebody needs to address this. With how slow the main pearljam.com site and the forums (which are not on the same servers, correct?) then I guess we have to believe that each of the sites were hacked, therefor I want to be told that my information is safe.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    side note ... Emeks website has been hacked a few times in the past year ... people have been buying prints and all the money would get sent to a third party ... 1,000's of dollars have been stolen from Emek and his customers ...

the FBI is involved in the investigation ..
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Suziemay wrote:
    1) Wristbands for 10c member + 1, or just 10c member?

2) If wristband for 10c member + 1, does this mean 10c member has to show proof of 2 ticket purchases?

3) What's going to be the proof of purchase, if someone else buys a ticket on my behalf but I'm a 10c member, do I get a wristband?

Thanks in advance.
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    zootown wrote:
    Thanks for the update Tim. I actually believe in the sabotage theory based on the sheer insanity and lunacy contained in some of the posts on this board. I sincerely hope that Eddie calls a bunch of you out from the stage during the show. You deserve what comes to you. STOP THE WHINING! please

What is it with comments like this?

The people "whining" are doing so about two companies; Companies we owe nothing to. It's nothing personal with Eddie or the guys in the band. To insinuate that is absurd and to hope Eddie calls people out is so damn childish.

After all, what would he say; "And to all of you who joined our fan club and have spent hard earned money throughout the years to see us play but might not even been in attendance tonight because of a botched ticket-sale debacle...um...stop whining!"

I'm sure that will go over well.
  • No even an apology ? wow !

complete disrespect to all of us and sheer arrogance on behalf of 10Club management.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    october22 wrote:
    zootown wrote:
    Thanks for the update Tim. I actually believe in the sabotage theory based on the sheer insanity and lunacy contained in some of the posts on this board. I sincerely hope that Eddie calls a bunch of you out from the stage during the show. You deserve what comes to you. STOP THE WHINING! please

The people "whining" are doing so about two companies; Companies we owe nothing to. It's nothing personal with Eddie or the guys in the band. To insinuate that is absurd and to hope Eddie calls people out is so damn childish.

After all, what would he say; "And to all of you who joined our fan club and have spent hard earned money throughout the years to see us play but might not even been in attendance tonight because of a botched ticket-sale debacle...um...stop whining!"

Funny how some people think really... would love to see this happen personally, just to have a laugh, but in all REALITY, why would this ever happen?
  • october22 wrote:
    zootown wrote:

I wish I could vote this comment up, or something.
    The Scary Monster
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Dear 10C,

I'm hoping someone is monitoring this thread. Can Tim (or Kat or Sea) please update the first thread and post questions and responses to questions that are actually legit? Or start a new thread? Please? I don't need an explanation or anything at the moment, that can come later. Just responses to help us through the purchase.

So far I've seen two good questions and I have one of my own.

1) Wristbands for 10c member + 1, or just 10c member?

2) If wristband for 10c member + 1, does this mean 10c member has to show proof of 2 ticket purchases?

3) What's going to be the proof of purchase, if someone else buys a ticket on my behalf but I'm a 10c member, do I get a wristband?

Thanks in advance.

+1

Or should my girlfriend have been a member since the 5th of December?

/Niklas
  • phoenixwrightobjection0.jpg
    phoenixwrightobjection0.jpg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Didn't realize 10c was a target for the anonymous hacker group.
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    This is without doubt the most surreal day I have known on the message pit. I don't have anything to say really - other than I hope everybody gets tickets and enjoys the 2012 shows they want...... and I hope we catch those pesky Foo Fighters.....
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • I have no problem getting up at 3am EST... ok ask me again then. I am looking at this experience as another PJ adventure. Will the Faithful get up at the crack of dawn and then get on a plane in 8 months? Here's hoping.

This will just make hearing that opening number that much sweeter.

Now that positivity is out of the way... who sabotages Pearl Jam? I do know the Chinese were sending Denial of Service attacks at major U.S. websites yesterday and this morning. Maybe N. Korea had something to do with it? Maybe we should blame Newt.

Us North American folks... let's just deal with it, there are bigger problems in the world. Get up early (or stay up late for you Pacific folks) get our tickets, and have a story to tell when we are all wandering around (INSERT CITY HERE) like lost Pearl Jam puppies.

Ambian kicking in...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    october22 wrote:
    zootown wrote:

well said

IBTL
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    mfc2006 wrote:
    jamburger wrote:

Yeah it really is. Somebody needs to address this. With how slow the main pearljam.com site and the forums (which are not on the same servers, correct?) then I guess we have to believe that each of the sites were hacked, therefor I want to be told that my information is safe.

You know what's funny? The only explanation I can fathom for no apology is that they wanted to cover their asses legally (You know how your little card insurance says 'don't apologize' first?). But with this despicable sabotage excuse they open themselves to even more issues.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • TuppsTupps Posts: 1
    Can't believe it - the first time I've been stung... Hope that I can get a wristband per ticket bought...

But...

Still no 'email' from Crowdsurge confirming next steps.

It'l be a complete lottery at the hands of Livenation.

Maybe they just sell their merchandise through Livenation as well...

Really pissed off...
  • I have never heard more utter rubbish in my entire life. Your response as a fan club is truly laughable and does nothing in any way to placate your fans or make them feel any better about the sheer hell you have put them through in the last 24 hours. You said nothing for hours-hardly professional for one of the wordls biggest band. I would be firing whoever is in charge of 10 club as he clearly could not organise a booze up in a brewery.

I for one have been a fan since 1991 but quite frankly the way you have treated your fans by complete lack of response, and now come out with this BULLSHIT about sabotage has made me re-think my blind obediance to everything as prescribed by Vedder. Seriously guys how hard would it have been to send an email saying what the problem is.

I for one am withdrawing from the world of Pearl Jam-you clearly dont care about your fans. I always said you did but I'm wrong. You talk shit and i'm sorry but I am not attending this tour and no longer wish to be associated in any way with PJ.

Long live the Foo Figters who treat their fans with respect.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    jamburger wrote:

Yep, me too. I'm really worried right now.
    I actually was able to buy tickets yesterday and today my credit card company called me because they suspected a fraud and blocked my card. They told me the amount the amount of the transactions from last night and it was the amount for the tickets, so I told them everything was okay and they unblocked my card again. But now this sabotage thing is really making me nervous.

So please 10c give us an update on that.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    popcorn.gif
    Didn't realize 10c was a target for the anonymous hacker group.
    I was going to make a joke post about this yesterday after i saw multiple entries repeated on this forum while the sale was on... and the fact the crowdsurge site failed to deliver.... hmmm it is really quite possible, i have no idea how people can deny it may be the case... heads in the sand i guess...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    tinachen wrote:
    I actually was able to buy tickets yesterday and today my credit card company called me because they suspected a fraud and blocked my card. They told me the amount the amount of the transactions from last night and it was the amount for the tickets, so I told them everything was okay and they unblocked my card again. But now this sabotage thing is really making me nervous.

i hear ya....
    looks like we're waiting.....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Conspiracy? Sabotage? Only one man can get to the bottom of this...

2009-12-31-jackbauer.jpg
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    So no continued pre-sale?

Does this mean that the 10c line will be really short for those of us lucky ones that got through? ;)
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
    tinachen wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

and going on this forum yesterday, there were obvious repeated posts... maybe they ran the same thing on the crowdsurge website to get multiple payments going through... who knows.. i'm no internet expert :D
  • AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    I just read an email in my inbox, and can't say I was surprised. Sorry to all those who tried.

One thing, apart from the sabotage excuse, which caught my eye as odd was this:
    "CrowdSurge is an independent ticketing company dedicated to the highest level of service for ticket purchasers, and has handled successful ticket sales for comparable sized artists for the last three years."

Which artists are they talking about? When it comes to the demand for live concert sales, I'm not sure there are many bands that are comparable to Pearl Jam. My initial thought was "who the fuck is CrowdSurge?" ... and, I could be wrong, but you can bet your ass that the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Radiohead and the like are not selling their tickets on there.

I wrote a long and polite letter to the 10C about my woes with seats I was given at Alpine, 10C seats from which I couldn't even hear or see the band properly and were much further away than people with much worse 10C numbers. All I asked for was a reply, and I didn't get one. That is the most basic element of customer service and they couldn't even offer that.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    vital5 wrote:
    Didn't realize 10c was a target for the anonymous hacker group.
    I was going to make a joke post about this yesterday after i saw multiple entries repeated on this forum while the sale was on... and the fact the crowdsurge site failed to deliver.... hmmm it is really quite possible, i have no idea how people can deny it may be the case... heads in the sand i guess...

I've been poking fun, but I admit it's possible. I'm just not sure I really buy it though.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Over and out, 10 club shows no respect so they can f*** off as faras I'm concerned. Complete bullshit response from a band I now believe is also bullshit