***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• aus_suz wrote:

Good idea I dont have twitter tho..

It's not exactly hard to set up yknow.

i have a stupid question: do you need to have a smartphone to have a twitter account? :?

no you dont :)
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    bump for the guys didnt get that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    demetrios wrote:
    Even if it's been torrented or shared between friends ripping & burning copies to one another, it doesn't matter. There will be fan's out there that will still buy the physical original copy of the product, even if it's not today or next year etc.. Just look at new music records. They are torrented illegal weeks before the official release date but still there are fan's out there who still buy the physical copy. With word that the music industry will cut back on mass production of CDs in 2012 the CD product will be limited. Which in time DVD's will be a limited product. Everything will be digital but there will be "limited" pressed CD/DVD issues from bands & film studios.

For this type of release, a special edition set and with the fan base PJ has, that pay fees every year, I don't think it should be limited.

It's not fair that some fans (or non fans) have it and others don't. It says to me that they don't care about all of us, that just some of us deserve to have it.

It promotes flipping and the downloading.

A special edition set of discs that celebrates 20 years of the band shouldn't be limited.

It seems that I can easily purchase the Foo Fighter's doc, and they've been together 16 years. They made it so it could be purchased by all fans that want to own it. ;)

So the whole approach they had with this was just wrong. And it has seriously affected my opinion of the club.

IMO
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    demetrios wrote:
    Even if it's been torrented or shared between friends ripping & burning copies to one another, it doesn't matter. There will be fan's out there that will still buy the physical original copy of the product, even if it's not today or next year etc.. Just look at new music records. They are torrented illegal weeks before the official release date but still there are fan's out there who still buy the physical copy. With word that the music industry will cut back on mass production of CDs in 2012 the CD product will be limited. Which in time DVD's will be a limited product. Everything will be digital but there will be "limited" pressed CD/DVD issues from bands & film studios.

For this type of release, a special edition set and with the fan base PJ has, that pay fees every year, I don't think it should be limited.

It's not fair that some fans (or non fans) have it and others don't. It says to me that they don't care about all of us, that just some of us deserve to have it.

A special edition set of discs that celebrates 20 years of the band shouldn't be limited.

It seems that I can easily purchase the Foo Fighter's doc, and they've been together 16 years. They made it so it could be purchased by all fans that want to own it. ;)

So the whole approach they had with this was just wrong. And it has seriously affected my opinion of the club.

IMO

Don't just blame the club...The band must have signed off on this as well. Kat previously posted that items are limited because the band wants it that way. Sad but true :(
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    Whether it was the band or Ten Club this was handled like shit. Fuck everyone involved with this shit, assholes. Way to show loyalty to your fan club members, idiots.
  • The longer they wait to say if there will be a reissue or not the more likely us fans will lose patience and just download it. And once we watch the special features it may no longer be worth paying big bucks for. So if they have plans to reissue these things they better do it soon before everyone moves on and watches it for free.

The torrents wont go away and neither will the desire from the fans to see this stuff. PJ can either cash in on the demand or give piracy one more win in the digital age.

You're completely right there. I'm losing my patience as the weeks go by for a restock here. If we don't hear anything soon, I may be tempted to find it elsewhere.

These people make me sick. "I didn't get what I wanted, so I'm gonna steal it." "Give me what I want or I'll steal it!" Pathetic. Pearl Jam isn't letting you down, and 10C isn't letting you down; you're letting them down. You're an embarrassment to the Pearl Jam community, and your behavior makes us all look bad. Shame.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    dirtybob wrote:

These people make me sick. "I didn't get what I wanted, so I'm gonna steal it." "Give me what I want or I'll steal it!" Pathetic. Pearl Jam isn't letting you down, and 10C isn't letting you down; you're letting them down. You're an embarrassment to the Pearl Jam community, and your behavior makes us all look bad. Shame.

If the fans are alright is not available for purchase, no one is losing out on money if people torrent it. If the band didnt want people to torrent it they should have made more (I know people would have torrented anyway, but not as many)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • lastexit wrote:
    Whether it was the band or Ten Club this was handled like shit. Fuck everyone involved with this shit, assholes. Way to show loyalty to your fan club members, idiots.

Way to risk getting the thread locked....

Unless you want to ruin whatever minute chance this thread might have, I'd recommend you edit your post, fast.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    lastexit wrote:

Way to risk getting the thread locked....

Unless you want to ruin whatever minute chance this thread might have, I'd recommend you edit your post, fast.

This.
    LOL, this forum is like Nazi Germany. It's called freedom of speech.
    lastexit wrote:
    Freedom of speech.
    yep..its the first thing in Democracy..same as respect to other people..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    So true.
    You know, maybe I did go a little overboard by calling whomever is responsible for this "idiots" and "assholes" but when you see this shit being sold for hundreds of dollars on ebay it causes a bit of a reaction, sue me. I mean, I'm actually watching the bonus shit right now so that's not the problem. It's the principle.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    demetrios wrote:

IMO

You can still easily purchase PJ20 on DVD & Bluray just like Foo Figher's Back & Forth DVD / Blu-ray. They DID make it so it could be purchased by all fans that want to own it. ;)

But what Pearl Jam did do that Foo Fighter's didn't do is release another version of the film, packed with bonus footage, where we get the 3 disc PJ20 Deluxe Limited Edition. What will happen if Foo Fighter's down the road on their fan club website offer up a 3 or 5+ disc Deluxe Limited Edition release of the film and you the FF's fan wasn't lucky in time to purchase a copy? Will you bash their fan club like here? I just don't understand this. :|
  • Bump for more Deluxe versions, please.
  • Yes, please sell more copies of the 3 disc sets. I wanted it when it went on sale as well, but didn't have the cash at the time. I've been in the fan club for more years than I remember. I'd like to see all the footage.
    But I guess since I'm not suckin on my mama's teet, I lost out.

I don't give a rat's ass about the "limited edition" argument. It's complete nonsense.
    Grow up people. It means nothing. You know how much that "limited edition" is gonna be worth in 20 years?
    $69.99. Sorry to burst your bubble. It's just plastic and cardboard. It's not the holy grail.

The fans want to buy it, let them buy it. And not by giving 300 bucks to some jackoff on EBAY.
    "Yes, please sell more copies of the 3 disc sets. I wanted it when it went on sale as well, but didn't have the cash at the time. I've been in the fan club for more years than I remember. I'd like to see all the footage.
    But I guess since I'm not suckin on my mama's teet, I lost out.

I don't give a rat's ass about the "limited edition" argument. It's complete nonsense.
    Grow up people. It means nothing. You know how much that "limited edition" is gonna be worth in 20 years?
    $69.99. Sorry to burst your bubble. It's just plastic and cardboard. It's not the holy grail.

The fans want to buy it, let them buy it. And not by giving 300 bucks to some jackoff on EBAY."

lostpossum

-This.
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Is the footage on disks 2 and 3 even worth it? I've heard that The Kids Are Twenty is good, but what about disk 3? What's on it?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

IMO

You can still easily purchase PJ20 on DVD & Bluray just like Foo Figher's Back & Forth DVD / Blu-ray. They DID make it so it could be purchased by all fans that want to own it. ;)

But what Pearl Jam did do that Foo Fighter
    's didn't do is release another version of the film, packed with bonus footage, where we get the 3 disc PJ20 Deluxe Limited Edition. What will happen if Foo Fighter's down the road on their fan club website offer up a 3 or 5+ disc Deluxe Limited Edition release of the film and you the FF's fan wasn't lucky in time to purchase a copy? Will you bash their fan club like here? I just don't understand this. :|

Demetrios, did you purchase a DVD or Blu-Ray Deluxe set? Are you analog like me? Why should something like this be limited? It's footage of the band, not a coloured vinyl or some optional/unnecessary piece of merch. It's a must have.

I am stating a fact that I can purchase the Foo Fighters doc that is not special edition, because the original cut should include everything.

I don't know if Foo Fighters fans pay fees each year like us, and I don't know if the Foo Fighters and their fan club would let just anyone (non members) buy it, no limits on how many copies they can buy, and then the fans who would want to own it but didn't have the money to do so exactly when the band basically tells them they have to buy it (in the middle of a tour, when many fans just might not have $70 to drop). And then there's copies for sale for several hundred dollars? How is this right and fair?

Point is the Foo Fighters didn't make a limited special edition doc. They made a straight up doc, that everyone who wants to buy it can.

Why would I be happy about my favourite band limiting fucking special edition footage of their 20 years??? Pretty bad.

Can you tell how pissed off I am??? ;)

I think I am going to stop coming on this board, I am tired of being pissed off, and I am just going to give up. I am so disappointed that I am just not going to bother anymore. I have a right to speak my mind, and if someone thinks that there is nothing wrong with this whole fiasco, then I really don't know what the fuck to
    think about this world anymore.

My heart is broken.
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Better Dan wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

IMO

Don't just blame the club...The band must have signed off on this as well. Kat previously posted that items are limited because the band wants it that way. Sad but true :(

Well if that's the case that makes me even more sad....so extremely disappointed

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    demetrios wrote:

IMO

But what Pearl Jam did do that Foo Fighter
    's didn't do is release another version of the film, packed with bonus footage, where we get the 3 disc PJ20 Deluxe Limited Edition. What will happen if Foo Fighter's down the road on their fan club website offer up a 3 or 5+ disc Deluxe Limited Edition release of the film and you the FF's fan wasn't lucky in time to purchase a copy? Will you bash their fan club like here? I just don't understand this. :|

Demetrios, did you purchase a DVD or Blu-Ray Deluxe set? Are you analog like me? Why should something like this be limited? It's footage of the band, not a coloured vinyl or some optional/unnecessary piece of merch. It's a must have.

I am stating a fact that I can purchase the Foo Fighters doc that is not special edition, because the original cut should include everything.

I don't know if Foo Fighters fans pay fees each year like us, and I don't know if the Foo Fighters and their fan club would let just anyone (non members) buy it, no limits on how many copies they can buy, and then the fans who would want to own it but didn't have the money to do so exactly when the band basically tells them they have to buy it (in the middle of a tour, when many fans just might not have $70 to drop). And then there's copies for sale for several hundred dollars? How is this right and fair?

Point is the Foo Fighters didn't make a limited special edition doc. They made a straight up doc, that everyone who wants to buy it can.

Why would I be happy about my favourite band limiting fucking special edition footage of their 20 years??? Pretty bad.

Can you tell how pissed off I am??? ;)

I think I am going to stop coming on this board, I am tired of being pissed off, and I am just going to give up. I am so disappointed that I am just not going to bother anymore. I have a right to speak my mind, and if someone thinks that there is nothing wrong with this whole fiasco, then I really don't know what the fuck to
    think about this world anymore.

My heart is broken.

D'oh! I'm so sorry!!! :( You do have a right to speak your mind. Everybody does. Not every one of us agree with each other. Yes it's sad they didn't make a much lager run on this set so everyone secures a copy. I hope they are reading our posts & hear our voice on this matter & start working on making more ASAP!!!

Don't stop voicing your opinion on this. Never stop trying. Something will get threw.
    Please don't be sad. :(
  • dirtybob wrote:

So are they just supposed to never watch it then?

I'm sorry, it's 2011. When you make a movie or CD a "limited edition" all you're doing is limiting the amount of people who will pay you for the packaging that it comes in. If people can't get it they'll steal it.

If Pearl jam has a problem with that then they have no one to blame other than themselves for being too stupid to realize that their fans want this product more than anything.

There's no Foo Fighters fan club. Just a board and the merch is accessible to anybody.

Here's an answer to that question. I guess the Foos wanted to avoid that kind of situation. And it works, nobody's frustrated. :mrgreen:
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Hub. wrote:

There's no Foo Fighters fan club. Just a board and the merch is accessible to anybody.

Here's an answer to that question. I guess the Foos wanted to avoid that kind of situation. And it works, nobody's frustrated. :mrgreen:

Yeah, but it only partially works. You should see the complaining on the FF board when tickets go on sale, and lots of people miss out because all the scalpers jump on ticketmaster like crazy, and the pre-sale passwords (if there are any) are also posted on facebook, making the idea of a "fan presale" a bit redundant. In those times, you can hear the cries of "we need something like 10C for the Foos" all over the interwebs. ;)

But yeah, whoever said that an item like this doesn't really have to be limited is right. It's something that everybody will want to own - I myself missed it cause I was away in the US at the time and didn't check on here enough. I know the extra footage will appear online soon, but I'd rather have a nice tangible set than just a torrent.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Come on Tenc - 92 pages and no input

you could easily put an end to this by simply announcing something as simple

'we appreciate all your voices and interest, however on this occasion there will not be a second run'

or

'were working on something, no guarantees'

or whatever the position is.. seems a lot of folks are hanging on this hope that because its not been taken off the goods section it may be made available again.
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Come on Tenc - 92 pages and no input

you could easily put an end to this by simply announcing something as simple

'we appreciate all your voices and interest, however on this occasion there will not be a second run'

or

'were working on something, no guarantees'

or whatever the position is.. seems a lot of folks are hanging on this hope that because its not been taken off the goods section it may be made available again.

I've posted this at least 6-8 times in this thread....it's a waste of typing...10c simply couldn't care less. Regardless which way you come out on this one, that's an undeniable fact.

How can a fan club ignore a petition that has so much activity in such a small time??
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • they (10c) could have told us to shut up and locked the thread by now if we were really getting nowhere.
    the fact they keep it open and refer similar threads to this one gives me some hope... a very teeny tiny microscopic bit of hope.

also, it might be wise to not mention torrents in here anymore.
    yes they exist, yes people are aware of them but i'd hate to see this thread shut down.
    Kathi wrote:

Yeah, but it only partially works. You should see the complaining on the FF board when tickets go on sale, and lots of people miss out because all the scalpers jump on ticketmaster like crazy, and the pre-sale passwords (if there are any) are also posted on facebook, making the idea of a "fan presale" a bit redundant. In those times, you can hear the cries of "we need something like 10C for the Foos" all over the interwebs. ;)

Yeah! Unfortunately, this is a problem they still have to solve. confused0.gif
    JUST MAKE A DVD OF ARGENTINA LAST NIGH SHOW...