Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

1404143454698

Comments

  • IndyDave wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    This thread is not about backpacks...thank you for staying on-topic.
    The fact that this showed up on this thread does offer some sort of encouragement to those of us unlucky enough to have not ordered the Deluxe DVD before they were "SOLD OUT". I don't know the logistics of producing more, but if ~450 of us have signed this petition, there is a lot of money sitting on the table. Hopefully more than enough to warrant making more copies. Why not take our money now and see if it's a profitable or breakeven situation for the band. Then if it isn't, offer refunds. I stated before, I am willing to pay $100 for the the standard Deluxe and even more for the Deluxe Blu Ray. I think that is certainly reasonable and that most everyone else here would agree.

    Speaking for myself, there's no way the sets should be anymore than the price they were originally listed at. They were already pricey to begin with so to make them any more expensive would be a slap in the face. Plus, to price them anymore would be pure extortion, plain and simple.
  • I'm for it.
    Lex 03, Gorge 05, Cincy 06
  • IndyDave wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    This thread is not about backpacks...thank you for staying on-topic.
    The fact that this showed up on this thread does offer some sort of encouragement to those of us unlucky enough to have not ordered the Deluxe DVD before they were "SOLD OUT". I don't know the logistics of producing more, but if ~450 of us have signed this petition, there is a lot of money sitting on the table. Hopefully more than enough to warrant making more copies. Why not take our money now and see if it's a profitable or breakeven situation for the band. Then if it isn't, offer refunds. I stated before, I am willing to pay $100 for the the standard Deluxe and even more for the Deluxe Blu Ray. I think that is certainly reasonable and that most everyone else here would agree.

    I wouldn't have a problem paying a little more for the deluxe blu ray than the original listed price. Just for the fact that if they did do another run (hope, hope) it probably wouldn't be at the volume the original copies were produced at, so since it would be a smaller order the manufacturer would probably charge more to make them.
  • [Violation of Posting Guidelines removed by Admin]
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    ^^ Flaunting an illegal download on the forum...classless.
    I wouldn't have a problem paying a little more for the deluxe blu ray than the original listed price. Just for the fact that if they did do another run (hope, hope) it probably wouldn't be at the volume the original copies were produced at, so since it would be a smaller order the manufacturer would probably charge more to make them.
    It's the packaging that is the issue here. Pressing more copies of the actual DVD's is not that big of a deal. The question is how much money will it take to make another run worth it for the band..and the fans!

    And to respond to another comment above. Paying a little more is NOT extortion. We are asking, they are not offering. The band is not asking us how much we're willing to pay, but I'm stating it. BIG difference. We have to let them know that we can make this worth their while!

    Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

    I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • IndyDave wrote:
    ^^ Flaunting an illegal download on the forum...classless.!

    Crappy, but that and the flipping are the natural result of manufactured scarcity.
  • IndyDave wrote:
    ^^ Flaunting an illegal download on the forum...classless.
    I wouldn't have a problem paying a little more for the deluxe blu ray than the original listed price. Just for the fact that if they did do another run (hope, hope) it probably wouldn't be at the volume the original copies were produced at, so since it would be a smaller order the manufacturer would probably charge more to make them.
    It's the packaging that is the issue here. Pressing more copies of the actual DVD's is not that big of a deal. The question is how much money will it take to make another run worth it for the band..and the fans!

    And to respond to another comment above. Paying a little more is NOT extortion. We are asking, they are not offering. The band is not asking us how much we're willing to pay, but I'm stating it. BIG difference. We have to let them know that we can make this worth their while!

    I'll have to respectfully disagree. It's already priced over odds for what it is. Using your theory, what's to stop the club from putting it up at something like $150? If that was the case I'd rather take my chances and wait until they come down on the bay before paying something like that.
  • IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    I'll have to respectfully disagree. It's already priced over odds for what it is. Using your theory, what's to stop the club from putting it up at something like $150? If that was the case I'd rather take my chances and wait until they come down on the bay before paying something like that.
    Well what would stop them is the likelihood that most of us (I think), including myself, are not willing to pay THAT much. Again, the big question is how much will it take to make it worthwhile for another production run and can we guarantee that to them? That's why I think the set a price, take orders and wait and see approach would be a good way for them to handle it. If they aren't guaranteed to at least break even, then cancel the orders and refund the money.

    And as far as the eBay pricing goes, I don't see that coming down anytime soon, if ever, as long as this set is as limited as it currently is. It's not going to get less rare. But who knows, maybe someone will sell a copy that's been dragged through the mud for pretty cheap? :lol:

    Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

    I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • MyluckyhandMyluckyhand Auckland New ZealandPosts: 100
    Signed and signed again
  • I'm in
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,157
    breaks my heart missing it.

    signed
  • i'd love to see it re-stocked in time for christmas.
    but at this point i'd be satisfied if they just released the kids are twenty in other countries outside of the US
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,826
    signed
  • I'm definitely on it. I'm part of TenClub since 2005, fan of Pearl Jam since ever.
    I have never posted here, but I'm always with an eye on the forum.
    This petition worth my first post in 6 years.
    Signed.
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    would love to know how many petition signatures are from 'first timers'...welcome to those who have joined the cause!
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,356
    skanji32 wrote:
    would love to know how many petition signatures are from 'first timers'...welcome to those who have joined the cause!


    There have been quite a lot.. and ppl with very low posts.. under 100
  • aus_suz wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    would love to know how many petition signatures are from 'first timers'...welcome to those who have joined the cause!


    There have been quite a lot.. and ppl with very low posts.. under 100


    I have low post count but been around a looong time, even before joining. I like to lurk. :)

    I will get to see discs 2&3 this weekend at a friends fire pit night.
    1998-08-28 Camden, 1998-08-29 Camden, 2000-09-01 Camden, 2000-09-02 Camden, 2003-04-28 Philadelphia, 2003-07-05 Camden, 2003-07-06 Camden, 2005-10-03 Philadelphia, 2006-05-27 Camden , 2006-05-28 Camden, 2006-06-01 E. Rutherford, 2006-06-03 E. Rutherford, 2008-06-19 Camden, 2008-06-20 Camden, 2008-06-28 Mansfield, 2009-06-12 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2009-10-28 Philadelphia, 2009-10-30 Philadelphia, 2009-10-31 Philadelphia, 2010-05-21 New York, 2011-06-25 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2011-09-03 East Troy PJ 20!, 2011-09-04 East Troy PJ 20!
  • JG7927JG7927 Posts: 58
    Please release more.......
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    I'll thow my name on this petition. . .
  • hell_man_madehell_man_made TorontoPosts: 318
    IndyDave wrote:
    ^^ Flaunting an illegal download on the forum...classless.!

    Crappy, but that and the flipping are the natural result of manufactured scarcity.

    :thumbup:
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

    Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • tschavtschav Posts: 1,988
    I'd like to see more Deluxe DVD sets available.

    I should know better than to add it to an Xmas list and watch them go out of stock. I'm still waiting for a family member to buy the Ames poster book from 5 years ago.
  • I had the brilliant theory that there would be a super-deluxe box set of everything.

    Now I'm desperate to piece-meal it. :(
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile devicePosts: 2,642
    ...a bump would be cool... :thumbup:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

    dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    I'm signing too!!
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • aus_suz wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    would love to know how many petition signatures are from 'first timers'...welcome to those who have joined the cause!


    There have been quite a lot.. and ppl with very low posts.. under 100

    My first post was signing this petition. The more people the better. They cant ignore us forever!
  • jhuludjhulud Posts: 283
    It sickens me that the only option now to get the deluxe DVD and/or Blu-ray I eBay and p.o.s. sellers there are asking $250+.

    Utter crap.

    I'm signing the petition for re-stocks of both deluxe DVD and the Blu-ray. Hopefully it's not a feeble effort.
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 393
    I was not paying attention and thought I could get the DVD at Best Buy. Upset to not have the extras

    Sign me up.

    Any bootlegs out there yet?
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

    "I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • RaToNRaToN Posts: 9
    mee too pliz!!!
  • IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    Okay, maybe it's the cheap tequila and weed talking here, but hear me out. I've got an idea and one I think is a pretty damn good one.

    The difficulty in producing more of the Deluxe Edition lies in the packaging. As I said before, producing more of the DVD discs is not that big of a deal. What if the band were to offer a Deluxe 2nd Edition, without the fancy packaging, but rather the three DVD's in a clampack jewel case with a booklet inside? I'd definitely go for that, because I really just want to own the discs with the bonus material. This would be a cheaper proposition for the band and for us. Word is those cool looking cardboard boxes that encased the Deluxe sets are falling apart anyway, so who really needs that?

    What say you PJ? Sound business proposition or what?

    Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

    I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    I would love to see the Deluxe Edition available again. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the DVD sooner, but I never thought it would sell out before the release date. I appreciate everything that Pearl Jam and the Ten Club do for fans, so hopefully someone will recognize the benefit of producing more copies.
Sign In or Register to comment.