Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    prlprl Posts: 126
    Even more frustrating than not getting the stuff I paid for almost 3 months ago, it's getting those standard responses from 10c. Way to go for communication!
  • Options
    Who is going to give in first?

I won't. Reprint PJ20 Bluray LE.
    In love with music
  • Options
    Bump
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Eroom21 wrote:
    Good to see this thread is still alive.

And if so, if so.....who answers, who answers!?? :evil:
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    I am also really glad to see this going! :clap: I don't want it to quit so PJ/10 club will know how important this is all to us! I just watched a snippet of some of the extras on youtube and I am so sad that I can watch more and how much I am missing out! :cry:
    L
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,391
    If true, that Sony is printing more PJ20 Vinyl copies, I don't see why Sony can't make more PJ20 Deluxe Edition DVD's & Blu-ray copies.

Hey Shamir, any word back from Kelly or Cameron?
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    So, I've been following this loosely, and I really only recently realized that Best Buy has exclusive rights to the PJ20 Blu Ray. I can think of a positive way to spin this; forgive me if my facts are wrong, or if it's not an original idea. The Best Buy agreement must have been made with the understanding that Ten Club would be selling a limited number of Deluxe Blu Rays and DVDs. My guess would be that Ten Club agreed to not sell more than X number of LE Blu Rays. Even if Ten Club wanted to sell more of the Deluxe Edition, they probably couldn't. With that in mind, is it possible that Ten Club could announce another pressing of the Deluxe Edition after Best Buy's exclusivity ends? I'm sure they can't announce this while Best Buy has the Blu Ray rights. So, while I have no real reason there will be any more Deluxe Blu Rays and DVDs, I would assume that nothing will be finalized until whenever Best Buy's exclusivity ends.

Did that make sense? Does that seem like a viable scenario? If so, I feel there's a chance our patience and persistence might be rewarded, and it would explain Ten Club's silence on the issue.
  • Options
    Rambis35 wrote:
    So, I've been following this loosely, and I really only recently realized that Best Buy has exclusive rights to the PJ20 Blu Ray. I can think of a positive way to spin this; forgive me if my facts are wrong, or if it's not an original idea. The Best Buy agreement must have been made with the understanding that Ten Club would be selling a limited number of Deluxe Blu Rays and DVDs. My guess would be that Ten Club agreed to not sell more than X number of LE Blu Rays. Even if Ten Club wanted to sell more of the Deluxe Edition, they probably couldn't. With that in mind, is it possible that Ten Club could announce another pressing of the Deluxe Edition after Best Buy's exclusivity ends? I'm sure they can't announce this while Best Buy has the Blu Ray rights. So, while I have no real reason there will be any more Deluxe Blu Rays and DVDs, I would assume that nothing will be finalized until whenever Best Buy's exclusivity ends.

Did that make sense? Does that seem like a viable scenario? If so, I feel there's a chance our patience and persistence might be rewarded, and it would explain Ten Club's silence on the issue.
    If that's so, why don't they just say it?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,391
    Rambis35 wrote:

Only Best Buy stores across the USA can only sell the PJ20 film on Blu-ray? No other record store or retail store can sell them? Cause the PJ20 Blu-ray copies are massively available here in Canada & across the world. Online & in local record stores. So that can't be the scenario. But ..

The Blu-ray & DVD Deluxe Edition sold @ the 10club store sold out the day before the official release date, if I'm not mistaken. So maybe they had to stop selling copies @ the 10club store because Best Buy just started to sell their copies @ BB stores, cause they are the official "USA Exclusive" company selling them? Maybe that might be it?

Way to many theories. Wish a Sony rep or Kelly Curtis & Cameron Crowe could shed some light here about it.
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    prl wrote:
    Rambis35 wrote:

If that's so, why don't they just say it?

I have no idea if what I said is true. My point was that maybe there's some reason (an agreement with Best Buy) that they can't say there will be more.

I might be 100% wrong. I'm pretty much just looking for a reason to keep hoping.
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    There is always hope...we just want to see the extras...just keep bumpin' along....
  • Options
    :yawn:
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Still haven't, and won't, watch the contents of disc 3 until I can pay for it. It may seem supremely moronic to many of you - and I totally understand where you're coming from, believe me; I'd tell another person to just go watch the damn thing - I said that's what I was going to do, and I keep my word.

Your move, PJ. Make me pay. I dare you.

(Irony Police, can I get a verdict? Does this qualify?)
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Off track a smidge.. where else could u buy the PJ20 Vinyl?

massive bump...
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    demetrios wrote:
    Only Best Buy stores across the USA can only sell the PJ20 film on Blu-ray? No other record store or retail store can sell them? Cause the PJ20 Blu-ray copies are massively available here in Canada & across the world. Online & in local record stores. So that can't be the scenario. But ..

The Blu-ray & DVD Deluxe Edition sold @ the 10club store sold out the day before the official release date, if I'm not mistaken. So maybe they had to stop selling copies @ the 10club store because Best Buy just started to sell their copies @ BB stores, cause they are the official "USA Exclusive" company selling them? Maybe that might be it?

Way to many theories. Wish a Sony rep or Kelly Curtis & Cameron Crowe could shed some light here about it.

The Blu-Ray version of PJ20 is a Best Buy exclusive (in the USA at least) it says so on the Best Buy web page.

From their website...

"Pearl Jam
    Best Buy® Exclusive

This Cameron Crowe documentary chronicles the group's quick rise to the top of the rock world, the tensions that developed in the band, and their memorable attempts to battle Ticketmaster over inflated prices.

The Blu-ray edition is only available at Best Buy.

While supplies last."

Best Buy has done Blu-Ray exclusive deals with other artists too apparently. For example Taylor Swift's Speak Now World Tour Live Blu-Ray + CD is also a Best Buy Exclusive, but the DVD+CD version is available elsewhere.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    aus_suz wrote:
    Off track a smidge.. where else could u buy the PJ20 Vinyl?

massive bump...

You might have better luck in the PJ20 Vinyl thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174008
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    rockpants wrote:
    Still haven't, and won't, watch the contents of disc 3 until I can pay for it. It may seem supremely moronic to many of you - and I totally understand where you're coming from, believe me; I'd tell another person to just go watch the damn thing - I said that's what I was going to do, and I keep my word.

You could always e-mail Ten Club and ask for their bank account number and pay what you think is reasonable.
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    rockpants wrote:

You could always e-mail Ten Club and ask for their bank account number and pay what you think is reasonable.

Im a bit like u also so I understand... When I walked out of the movies I couldnt wait to watch and absorb it all over again.. But not being able to get the set legally Im not that keen to do it anymore.. Still just waiting......... Come on guys spread the jam for the fans....
  • Options
    :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: bump, bump, bump
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    sk8drchik wrote:
    I am also really glad to see this going! :clap: I don't want it to quit so PJ/10 club will know how important this is all to us! I just watched a snippet of some of the extras on youtube and I am so sad that I can watch more and how much I am missing out! :cry:

I watched this snippet on Youtube also, and now I wish that I had not, because it was so good. Come on 10-Club
    Do the Right Thing...
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    I'd also like to give a big round of applause for everyone that has stuck with this petition...
    Way to go everyone!!!

In this day in time with technology being readily available everywhere, it seems to me that 10C could easily reproduce The Fans are Alright for members of it's fan club. I'm sure there's a 12 year old out there somewhere who could produce about 100 copies per hour if he had the rights. What gives?
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    Picked up the regular dvd today and looked at it... didnt buy it ....
    Also picked up a skateboard didnt buy that either....

BUMP
  • Options
    How about a different cover, non-numbered and slightly "less" deluxe, but with the same content?
    Mr Bjornstigen
  • Options
    Theres a dude from Portugal on ebay selling about 4 sets. It disgusts me :sick: theres some greedy FUCK who is gonna get $500/600 for them each. Plus he's flogging a couple PJ20 lps for hundreds. :thumbdown:

G.R.E.E.D.
  • Options
    How about a different cover, non-numbered and slightly "less" deluxe, but with the same content?

Anything would be great.. but still cant see why it cant be re-issued..
  • Options
    Theres a dude from Portugal on ebay selling about 4 sets. It disgusts me :sick: theres some greedy FUCK who is gonna get $500/600 for them each. Plus he's flogging a couple PJ20 lps for hundreds. :thumbdown:

G.R.E.E.D.

There was no limit on how many u could purchase and hes probably not a 10c member so wouldnt care
    about fellow fans. .. disgusting...

Still wonder why something that was apparently exclusive wasnt limited to 10c and have quanity restrictions..
  • Options
    edited December 2011

G.R.E.E.D.
    He's also selling the Backspacer white vinyl for $776.80, the PJ20 vinyl for $619.87 and the Ukelele Songs vinyl for $225.00 ..

Nice way to make some money huh?
    Post edited by prl on
  • Options

G.R.E.E.D.
    Don't worry, there's a special place in Hell reserved for people who behave this way.
  • Options
    valiant effort people...but this is a lost cause. Shut er down.
    This ain't happening....time to move on