Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    OK - I concede to the fact i lost out on this one and I aint gonna fight the tide. I bought the PJ20 DVD Limited Edition - cant wait to see it but I know everytime I watch it - its gonna leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

seriously? unless you have a top of the range sound system and tv, you arent going to notice the difference... I cant tell the difference between DVD and bluray, not on our basic tv set up anyway....
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    pjradio wrote:
    i love how all of a sudden tons of people are now saying things like "This sucks...I was gonna get home today & buy it"

no you weren't
    i actually was. i had the package in my cart then realized i left my credit card at home, so i released it and planned on grabbing it when i got home. i probably had one of the last copies and that's why i feel stung. obviously i blame nobody but myself (especially when I have my cc number memorized, but always get paranoid i'll mess up a digit). right now i'm debating the limited dvd set or the regular blu-ray; i haven't bought a dvd in years and the last time i watched a pj disc i was craving hd, but part of me would love the extras over the better audio/video.
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    OK - I concede to the fact i lost out on this one and I aint gonna fight the tide. I bought the PJ20 DVD Limited Edition - cant wait to see it but I know everytime I watch it - its gonna leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

seriously? unless you have a top of the range sound system and tv, you arent going to notice the difference... I cant tell the difference between DVD and bluray, not on our basic tv set up anyway....
    Then you need a better TV setup. There is a huge difference between DVD and blu-ray, and I even have a Faroadja Upconverter in my DVD player, but it can't come close to blu-ray quality.

-Jonah Lee

Video Editor and Graphics Artist
    http://www.whaleofatale.com
    http://www.jonahlee.com
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    jonahlee wrote:
    Then you need a better TV setup. There is a huge difference between DVD and blu-ray, and I even have a Faroadja Upconverter in my DVD player, but it can't come close to blu-ray quality.

you're probably right but we sure as hell have much better and more important things to spend our money on, especially when the current one isn't broken...
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    They definitely need to restock these. To all the people who said we had enough time to buy...true, but not all of us have the funds to just blow $80 w/ shipping on a blu-ray right when it comes out. Many people were planning on buying, but needed to set some money aside, myself included. Also many people didn't buy due to the vague description when it was first posted. This was updated and may have a lot to do with why it sold out thereafter. Many people did not see the updated description.
    Since this isn't even out yet, if 10C wants to put more out they will. I am keeping my fingers crossed. For once in my life I am pissed at myself for being fiscally responsible. Maybe the government will follow suit. :lol:
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    skanji32 wrote:
    Here's a compromise

10c, please release the bluray version of these discs ONLY. Not the extra packaging, not the extras that come with it (book, etc...)

All I want are the 3 blurays. Hopefully, you can offer this at a much reduced price.

Press a button, and make it happen. That way those of us who were on the fence due to the price can still buy and it doesn't cost you a ton in terms of manufacturing.

The BluRays are very much in demand. Please make it happen.

Thoughts???
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    It would be an incredibly stupid business decision if they don't make another pressing of these. I mean they put an incredibly inflated price tag on a 3 Blu Ray set and they easily sold out. I see people making comparisons to the white BS which is just something you can't compare. It's apples and oranges. One was a limited version of an album that the club managed to find a box of (or whatever the story was). The other is a set of 3 blu ray discs that can easily be mass produced again. Judging by the reaction here, they would easily sell out of another run within a week.

As I said it would be incredibly stupid for the club not to manufacture some more. And for that reason alone I can almost guarantee that they are gone for good.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    fuck yeah
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    I'm IN!!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    :thumbup:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Yes please.
    Boulder 11/26/93, Denver 3/7/94, Red Rocks 6/20/95, LA 7/14/98, Palo Alto 10/31/99, San Diego 10/25/00, San Bernadino 10/28/00, Denver 4/1/03, Denver 7/2/06, LA 7/09/06, Hollywood 7/12/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/6/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 5/6.22, LA 5/7/22
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    I'll sign up . I'm in the stupid corner too who didn't order in time :(

Gave this as an idea for a Xmas present to the family but I dont think they saw the rush to order

Dammit
  • Options
    I missed out on this too... I actually just got paid today and finally went to order a copy and was disappointed they were already gone. They must have been extremely limited edition... Also, to some of the other posters who say what happens to those who get a numbered copy... If they were numbered, chances are the ad would have said as much so I don't think you have to worry if they decide (hope, hope) to make another run of these.

So, consider this post my signing of said petition...
  • Options
    If they release more, all the people that got in on the first offer would bitch about diluting the "limited" aspect of this set. More means not so limited. Then you'll get the Pearl Jam is all about money these days people complaining about how PJ is only interested in raping the public for dollars.

Being limited and selling out,staying sold out seems more respectable and much less of a money grab for inflated cost dvd's and bluray sets.

Now we all know why they were so expensive to begin with. They really were limited :D
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Yep, get paid in the morning and was going to buy it then, guess not now. I only wanted the DVD version. (3 disc). Guess I just gotta go the bootleg route and find it online. Hate to do it, but it's the only real option at this point. I mean it never said limited when it was posted online the first time. Typical, I guess. Maybe I could flip my white backspacer for one!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I was waiting for my next paycheck for the Ltd. DVD.. I still haven't even seen the movie yet... Been staying away from the forums to avoid any spoilers... I'm hoping that they put some up again though.. the book was out of stock for a while and now they have some... I get worried when they say sold out, and not out of stock... They probably ran out and have ordered some new ones... Otherwise, Lost Dogs for a trade or eBay.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    True - I do agree with you BUT surely if we had a petition of say 50-100 wouldnt 10c see the demand and make another run?
    Wow! Really? We have no idea how many they sold, maybe thousands. On the request of 50 people that missed out you want them to do another run? They can't just make 50 more, maybe they'd have to make 1000 more. Those 50-100 buy them and what happens to the other 900? Either, they sit around forever and the 10C is stuck with them, or they all sell out to and jonbondi1779-part2 starts a petition for the 50 people that missed out the second time. Obviously, either of those options works for you, but neither makes sense generally.

I'd like them to do another run of white backspacer vinyl. Why not? I'll start a petition.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    True - I do agree with you BUT surely if we had a petition of say 50-100 wouldnt 10c see the demand and make another run?
    Wow! Really? We have no idea how many they sold, maybe thousands. On the request of 50 people that missed out you want them to do another run? They can't just make 50 more, maybe they'd have to make 1000 more. Those 50-100 buy them and what happens to the other 900? Either, they sit around forever and the 10C is stuck with them, or they all sell out to and jonbondi1779-part2 starts a petition for the 50 people that missed out the second time. Obviously, either of those options works for you, but neither makes sense generally.

I'd like them to do another run of white backspacer vinyl. Why not? I'll start a petition.

I'll buy a BluRay ripper and do it on my own, if 10c wants to spot me the cash! (Do BluRay rippers exist??)

All that matters are the 3 BluRays, nothing else. You can keep the packaging and extra stuff...

In my scenario, absolutely no problem meeting the need. But logic sucks sometimes. Plus 10c never reads these boards...so not effective :evil: :evil:
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    People who bought them will be unloading them in the next 4 - 6 months. DVD's are not really collectible. So if People can trade them for a White BS I surely would. Especially the content on the 2nd & 3rd BD/DVD will be available on-line by midnight on 10/25/11, unless the people who normally do those things are busy playing Battlefield 3 like I will be doing.

So believe me if you can trade your BD or DVD for some good merch do it now! These will be easy to get in a few months after people watch them and think now what, I have a $70/$60 BD/DVD sitting on the shelf. Plus the added fact that they will be available for download which will make them less desirable.
  • Options
    stickman wrote:
    People who bought them will be unloading them in the next 4 - 6 months. DVD's are not really collectible. So if People can trade them for a White BS I surely would. Especially the content on the 2nd & 3rd BD/DVD will be available on-line by midnight on 10/25/11, unless the people who normally do those things are busy playing Battlefield 3 like I will be doing.

So believe me if you can trade your BD or DVD for some good merch do it now! These will be easy to get in a few months after people watch them and think now what, I have a $70/$60 BD/DVD sitting on the shelf. Plus the added fact that they will be available for download which will make them less desirable.

As mentioned 100s of times by people like me, I really only care about the 3 BluRay discs themselves...nothing else, not the packaging, not the booklet, not the liner notes...

But the quality of those 3 BluRays will be the highest quality video the band has ever put out.

Sad that it was all over in 3 weeks and for that high a price.

My only solace is there should be more BluRays to come in the future.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    You all are not too patient are you? Man. This place is littered with obsession, anger, jealousy, sadness, sarcasm regarding "things." I have never been more disheartened about the forum until these last few months. The attachment to material objects has really clouded the best parts of our community AND what is really important in life in my slanted opinion(too many to name). I hate to drop in on such a negative note, but honestly, that's all I feel about what I've read on here after a month long hiatus from the board. I hope I can take this negative energy I feel and move it somewhere positive. I hope the same for all of you as well. :(
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JH10467JH10467 Posts: 35
    skanji32 wrote:
    stickman wrote:

As mentioned 100s of times by people like me, I really only care about the 3 BluRay discs themselves...nothing else, not the packaging, not the booklet, not the liner notes...

But the quality of those 3 BluRays will be the highest quality video the band has ever put out.

Sad that it was all over in 3 weeks and for that high a price.

My only solace is there should be more BluRays to come in the future.

Are you sure that the extras are in HD? Just because it's on a blu-ray doesn't mean it's the highest quality, I know I've got blu-rays that the extras are not quite the same quality. Don't most DVD players upconvert anyways?
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 173
    Instead of limited edition why not just do a pre order only sale for something like this. Have a cut off date prior to ship/release date. There's no waste and everyone who wants one has a date to purchase them by. This stuff can be expensive and adds up real fast. We all cant buy them the day they come out.
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    Signed. It's becoming awfully hard to be afford being a PJ fan these days. I was saving up so that I could have the money to buy it. That's not to say that you have to buy things to be a PJ fan, but as a fan I would like to buy things like the Blu Ray box.
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    DVD is sold out, not "out of stock"... :(
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I got one of these but I support the OP and others like him 100 percent!!!!

A lot of fans missed out and I don't think it's right. Not only fans on here who were saving up to purchase the set or didn't want to pay for something they wouldn't receive for weeks, but others who don't post on here and didn't even know it was on sale. I was even thinking about getting a DVD set eventually so I can watch it on multiple setups but now that option is gone as well. What Pearl Jam, Inc. did really makes no sense, IMO
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    It's a movie or 3....... not Pearl Jam's yet to be released new album......

The single movie is available elsewhere in blu-ray format (Amazon/bestbuy) and itunes has disc # 2 in HD for $17.99

** Amazon.ca (yeah that's right, the Canadian site) has the feature film blu-ray for $14

Discounted access to 2 out of 3 deluxe discs ain't bad. Who knows the 3rd disc may be available at similar sources as mentioned above in the near future ? Plus you'll save money.

I love the band's music like everyone here does, but honestly how many times are you going to watch a blu-ray/dvd ?
  • Options
    JCro14JCro14 Posts: 12
    Absolutely sign me up for this petition. I was actually waiting to budget for this purchase. Went to buy today and it was sold out. This is a great chance for the band to cater to their fans and undercut the secondary market. Please 10c consider re-releasing the Blu-Ray set, or as others have said, please just release the blu-ray versions of the 3 discs, which is, I'm sure, what most of us really want to purchase.
    BOS-98-00-03-04-06-10-13-16-18;ALB-03;MTL-05
    web.archive.org/web/20030202174226/http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2000/830bos2.html
    web.archive.org/web/20090204082549/http://sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2003/711man1.html
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    maybe they will restock when they sell out of the Showbox DVD's

or

maybe 10C will have a presale for blu-ray's and if they sell enough they make more and if not they refund your deposit, just like they have done in past with tickets to unconfirmed shows.
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    These have been on the site for 3 weeks. Enough time to buy.

I have spent A LOT of $$ on this band this year and have been pretty broke...I didn't have the $$ to buy it before it sold out, but do now...3 weeks is not enough time to buy when you've spent so much $$ already
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011