***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    Sign me up!

I want this SO bad, and my fiance gave birth to our first child about 4 weeks ago so I wasn't really on the site for the last month...
    I frickin LOVE this movie and would kill to have this Blu-Ray!
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Agree with OP and cosign.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    aus_suz wrote:

I have asked a few times in different threads, no one has answered..

Unless Santos or someone else later went back and canceled orders like they did for the white backspacer, I do not believe it was limited to one per member as you could put many in your cart and it would go through. In fact, I'm not even sure it was limited to 10C members. I think anyone could purchase a copy...as implied by the news articles advertising the product. Just because something is in goods doesnt mean it is 10C only.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • +1..I got the dvd deluxe but that doeasnt mean that all the fans..or atleast..no no..
    ALL THE FANS NEED TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET THIS..

So 10c..think about it..make a presale for a month sent all a mail to know and produce only as many times need for the presale dvd and blueray..so all want this get it,and noone here buys it for fuckin flippers..
    i dont give a shit that i have a limited edition and some others dont..all must have this..this isnt a show shirt or poster.. is the history of the band in those dvd-bluerays disk

and then you freaks,dont even think bitching there wasnt time,or there is a delay of 3 days at shipping and start threads that 10c sucks..ok?
    there is always a solution when there is a will..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    bluray of pj20 is now available on amazon for pre order. hurrah! :D
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    edited October 2011
    +1..I got the dvd deluxe but that doeasnt mean that all the fans..or atleast..no no..
    ALL THE FANS NEED TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET THIS..

So 10c..think about it..make a presale for a month sent all a mail to know and produce only as many times need for the presale dvd and blueray..so all want this get it,and noone here buys it for fuckin flippers..
    i dont give a shit that i have a limited edition and some others dont..all must have this..this isnt a show shirt or poster.. is the history of the band in those dvd-bluerays disk

and then you freaks,dont even think bitching there wasnt time,or there is a delay of 3 days at shipping and start threads that 10c sucks..ok?
    there is always a solution when there is a will..

DEAL! Dem, thanks for your support on this. (not all of us who didn't get a disc is saying 10c sucks. I just can't understand why the discs were so limited.)

May I also add that those of us who didn't get it are fine with getting the stripped down version of the set (ie. no packaging, extras, just the discs themselves).

C'mon 10c, at least publically respond to near 30 pages of discussion on this topic. Your silence in the midst of the fans shitstorm is a bit disconcerning. Having said that, I hope it's because you guys are working on a solution.

Thanks again Dem!
    Post edited by skanji32 on
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    hostis wrote:

Not the 3 disc set.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    skanji32 wrote:
    Your silence in the midst of the fans shitstorm is a bit disconcerning. Having said that, I hope it's because you guys are working on a solution.

That would be cool.
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    skanji32 wrote:
    hostis wrote:

Not the 3 disc set.

better than nothing though...
  • Hub. wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    Your silence in the midst of the fans shitstorm is a bit disconcerning. Having said that, I hope it's because you guys are working on a solution.

That would be cool.

Yes, we can live in hope anyway!
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    yes please
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I back this 100%. I also missed out because I didn't think limited meant it would be gone that soon so thought I'd wait until pay day. I'm only after the dvd version but this campaign deserves recognition for both. I can't actually believe this was made so limited and surely it should have had been released to stores in 3 disc form. 10c edition could have just had extras like photos, posters and the usual things that come with deluxe editions?

Regular = 1 disc
    Deluxe = 3 disc
    Super deluxe = 3 disc plus added guff in a fancy box for serious collectors only? :?

PLEASE PLAY SCOTLAND 2012.....
    :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    +1 for the blu ray. I'm not angry at 10C for what happened, but again, didn't/don't quite understand the extent of why it was so limited. I had time to buy, just waiting for the wallet to rebound a little so if it goes back up I'll be grabbing one now
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    +1 for restock. A box set with extras made for the fans should be available to all fans.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • +1
  • +1
  • +1 for restock
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    I had already bought a Blu-Ray before being "Sold Out", but I agree, make a few more for the fans if possible.
    :)
    I think a lot of the talk would subside if 10c released a statement like:
    "At 10c, we've heard the feedback on the BluRay LE. We are endevoring to see if more can be made. But if this fails, we have no other recouce available to meet the demand. We hope to take this learning into future decisions on products. At the end of the day, this is a club for the fans, and we feel awful for not meeting the demand on this one. We'll try to do better next time."

Again, over 90% of what this fan club does is awesome...but similar to the PJ20 and Canadian tour ticket mess, the fans that are upset deserve some sort of response from the 10c.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    +1 blu ray
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    I laid down $70 for a limited edition....

KEEP IT LIMITED.

They can't just sell something as limited, take the money and then say "Oh by the way... they are NOT limited".
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    I laid down $70 for a limited edition....

KEEP IT LIMITED.

They can't just sell something as limited, take the money and then say "Oh by the way... they are NOT limited".

However, I do think every one should get one...
    So, I would be fine with a $10-$15 refund if they do re-release this.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • I think this is the first ever Limited Edition Blu-ray for any film that appeared in theaters. hahahahahaha Can you imagine any other film being treated this way. What were they thinking?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • I think this is the first ever Limited Edition Blu-ray for any film that appeared in theaters. hahahahahaha Can you imagine any other film being treated this way. What were they thinking?

Hmmm.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pulp-Fiction-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-Briefcase-RARE-/220793574381#ht_500wt_1127
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    i was fortunate to get one when i did...i almost waited too long. but i hope they are able to re-stock them for all of you that missed out!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • lastexitlastexit Posts: 257
    +1
  • +1
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    i was fortunate to get one when i did...i almost waited too long. but i hope they are able to re-stock them for all of you that missed out!

+1.

I DO NOT, as I said before, think it's by any means 10c's fault, limited things may sell out and that's that... BUT, I have no intention of selling mine, nor am I a collector for whom the "limited" word means much, so I don't really care if it is limited or not and if it would make more people happy, I sign for this too... But in happiness' sake ONLY, not as an admission of 10c's mistake that didn't exist!
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    I think this is the first ever Limited Edition Blu-ray for any film that appeared in theaters. hahahahahaha Can you imagine any other film being treated this way. What were they thinking?
    This is all so funny. The more people petition, complain, whine, bemoan their decision, etc., the more money the 10C makes. They're licking their lips right now.

The primary reason why PJ is able to make so much money off posters, vinyl, Blu-Ray, etc, is because so many of us are caught up in the collector craze. That craze wouldn't exist if PJ items were never made limited and never sold out. It started back with the Benny Hall vinyl, and has gone from there. As items were made limited, sold out, and started selling for much more than their original cost, PJ fans started going crazy for the next "limited" item. The poster phase is probably the most dramatic example: people snapping up posters of shows they didn't go to and would never be displaying, simply because there was such anticipation and demand for them. And when some of those posters sold out in a matter of seconds (DC, Toronto, etc.), it just drove future sales of other posters that a vast majority of people would not have bought if everything was unlimited and nothing ever sold out or went up in value.

The basic idea is this: make some items limited and extremely desirable/valuable, and people will want them. Keep it a mystery as to which specific items "limited" will apply to, and to what extent "limited" applies, and people will buy whatever you throw at them.

This business model is very smart and isn't going to change any time soon. By making some items limited and ultimately valuable, the 10C increases the demand for nearly all of the items they sell. Though they might make more money short-term by releasing more Blu-Rays, in the long run they are going to benefit much more by planting the seed that some items are going to sell out and thus need to be snatched up in a hurry. So don't count on a petition doing anything but cementing this as a wise way to do business. You'd be better off starting a petition asking people to stop petitioning against limited edition items, because as long as we keep showing how much we want them, the club is going to continue to use our hunger for them to their advantage.

*NOTE: I bought my Blu-Ray set the day it went on sale and would be happy to see more released, but I don't see any point in petitioning for this to happen.

To put it another way: the only reason why we grown adults grovel over Eddie Vedder playing cards that we’ll probably never use, Pearl Jam backpacks that most of us will never put on, Zippo lighters even though we don’t smoke, posters from shows we never attended – many of which we’ll never hang, vinyl when many of don’t even own a record player, etc., is because of limited items like the Blu-Ray. Making some items limited, and thus not only valuable but also a symbol of our fan status, makes ALL items much more desirable because of their potential to be the next highly sought-after Pearl Jam status symbol. I’m not saying that’s true of everybody on here, but let’s face it: it’s true for most. And the 10C knows this. And that’s why these situations happen again and again, because ultimately it increases the band’s/club’s overall profit.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus