***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    dllug1.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    I wanted to buy it and didn't realize it was limited. I also was waiting for money to come in to get it.

I do have to say that it's heart breaking to me that there are sooooo many PJ fans on here that are not very sensitive to their fellow PJ fans that did miss out on this opportunity. We all have something in common....we love Pj. So why wouldn't you want us all to have a second chance at receiving probably the best bluray EVER? I'm a little saddened that more of us don't have each others backs.
    Li
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Snooze you lose ;)

:?: :shock: :evil:

exactly
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    I just posted on the Deluxe DVD second pressing petition because I don't have a Blu Ray player, but add my name here too. I'd get one if this were the only way I can get the deluxe DVD.
    no time to be void or save up on life
    you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    The title of the thread is ***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

There are already a dozen other threads debating the whole issue of whether or not it should have been limited, how limited it was, how much it cost, how fast it sold out, etc. as well as questioning people's spending habits, personal opinions of 10C, and other non-related issues. Either support the OP and his request, or if you don't, then move over to one of those threads.

Almost every post in this thread is another opinion on the matter or telling the OP "you snooze, you lose" for the 100th time. Completely unnecessary.

If it happens, I'll buy it - if not, the I'll get the "unlimited edition" at Best Buy for 1/3 the price and be just as happy. Either way, thanks for your effort.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    sk8drchik wrote:
    I wanted to buy it and didn't realize it was limited. I also was waiting for money to come in to get it.

I do have to say that it's heart breaking to me that there are sooooo many PJ fans on here that are not very sensitive to their fellow PJ fans that did miss out on this opportunity. We all have something in common....we love Pj. So why wouldn't you want us all to have a second chance at receiving probably the best bluray EVER? I'm a little saddened that more of us don't have each others backs.

+1
    It's because only so many people can be one of the "cool kids"...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364

There are already a dozen other threads debating the whole issue of whether or not it should have been limited, how limited it was, how much it cost, how fast it sold out, etc. as well as questioning people's spending habits, personal opinions of 10C, and other non-related issues. Either support the OP and his request, or if you don't, then move over to one of those threads.

Almost every post in this thread is another opinion on the matter or telling the OP "you snooze, you lose" for the 100th time. Completely unnecessary.

If it happens, I'll buy it - if not, the I'll get the "unlimited edition" at Best Buy for 1/3 the price and be just as happy. Either way, thanks for your effort.

+1

I thought I would never say this, "stay on topic"..
  • Options
    Not to stray off topic still but these are so true:
    sk8drchik wrote:

• Options
    +1
    because if you want to own the thing you do not care bout limitation - it's only interersting if you want to re-sell it.
    Salzburg (00) Prague (06) Berlin (06) Vienna (06) Munich (07) Nova Rock (07) London (07) Berlin (09) Dublin (10) Belfast (10) Berlin (10) Berlin 2x (12)
  • Options
    cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
    I'm perfectly fine if they do not release any more copies of the special versions. I bought a Deluxe Bluray from 10c only because on AET, The Rob said its a version only available to 10 members and it'll have some really cool extras. I didn't want to miss out.

With that being said, maybe those who missed out should focus your efforts on asking the 10c to have the extras released onto iTunes (or something like it) for a digital download or at least a rental. I know it is not the same, but at least you get to watch it. I know that the "Kids are Twenty" is available on there for download pre-order.
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville - May 07, 2010
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin- Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL. July 19, 2013
    Pittsburgh - Oct 11, 2013
    Buffalo - Oct 12, 2013 GA-rail in McCready'ville
    Cincinnati - Oct 1st, 2014 GA 
    St. Louis - Oct 3rd, 2014
    Yield, WI (aka Milwaukee) - Oct 20, 2014 GA 7 people deep McCreadyville
    Lexington, KY (GA - 2nd row between Ed & Jeff!!!)
    Wrigley Field '16 N1 (GA)
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
    Wrigley Field '18 N2 (GA)
  • Options
    Just a thought:
    Since Best Buy will release the Blu-ray exclusively for the first two months, maybe there is a contract that 10-C is not allowed to sell more than the limited amount of Blu-ray copies that is already sold out.
  • Options
    cmarch007 wrote:
    I'm perfectly fine if they do not release any more copies of the special versions. I bought a Deluxe Bluray from 10c only because on AET, The Rob said its a version only available to 10 members and it'll have some really cool extras. I didn't want to miss out.

With that being said, maybe those who missed out should focus your efforts on asking the 10c to have the extras released onto iTunes (or something like it) for a digital download or at least a rental. I know it is not the same, but at least you get to watch it. I know that the "Kids are Twenty" is available on there for download pre-order.

Ppl are focusing on a petition but its keeps getting derailed by ppl saying they are fine if it doesnt get re-realeased....

Pleased u didnt miss out :)
  • Options
    Maybe if there is enough interest they might order some more!

SIGNED!

Can u change the title to DVD as well as the DVD thread has been locked..
  • Options
    TK2919TK2919 Posts: 1
    signed

10c, please do another run of the deluxe blurays;
    you will make more money and make many people happy at the same time
    thanks
  • Options
    I too would like the opportunity to purchase the Deluxe blu-ray edition. I don't understand all the people that have purchased this set and are coming down on the people that were not able to get it. This does not happen when there are ticket sales, in fact people help others out with single tickets. This set is made for the fans even the 3rd disc is about the fans, how ironic that only a select few of them will be able to view this.

As far as the people complaining about this being a limited edition set that if they make more that there copy will not be limited as much is just plan sad. It's not like they said this was a limited numbered set, so even if they made more we have no way of knowing how many were produced to start with. The Beatles mono box set that came out last year was also limited edition but you can still find them today. Not really aiming to compare the two but for an item being sold on the band's fan club page with a disc devoted to there fans it's pretty sad that a good amount of them will have to purchase this from a second hand seller or worse get a bootleg copy from a torrent sight.

Anyway do what's right for the fans and let them ALL be able to celebrate this wonderful release / event with this great band and not just a select few.
  • Options
    kathynekkathynek of the earth Posts: 59
    +1 Would love to be able to purchase! I don't want to have to steal it via the internet...but if it's my only option, I will.

Missed out due to lack of funds and timing. I am hoping they are only temporarily 'sold out'. Maybe they are doing this because it is so close to the release date and they want to make sure everyone receives it early or on time. I am hoping that they put them back on sale after the Oct 25 release date to accommodate those that missed out. PLEASE MAKE MORE!!
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    What I don't get is the sense of injustice from people who didn't get the limited edition version. You can still buy the regular edition which (believe it or not) actually contains the PJ20 film. To me people are acting like their arm has been cut off or something and crying over 2 discs that may or may not be any good.

Limited is limited; 5000 of these may have been made. Maybe 10000, who knows? But they sold out. Deal with it. Are we going to have petitions and throwing toys out of the pram everytime a Pearl Jam item sells out????
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    boyo79 wrote:
    What I don't get is the sense of injustice from people who didn't get the limited edition version. You can still buy the regular edition which (believe it or not) actually contains the PJ20 film. To me people are acting like their arm has been cut off or something and crying over 2 discs that may or may not be any good.

Limited is limited; 5000 of these may have been made. Maybe 10000, who knows? But they sold out. Deal with it. Are we going to have petitions and throwing toys out of the pram everytime a Pearl Jam item sells out????

Maybe only if it's something an entire year has been leading towards...If these people want to have a petition just let them. If you don't want to add your name to it it's far easier to not post than to come in here criticizing.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    This is all so funny. The more people petition, complain, whine, bemoan their decision, etc., the more money the 10C makes. They're licking their lips right now.

The primary reason why PJ is able to make so much money off posters, vinyl, Blu-Ray, etc, is because so many of us are caught up in the collector craze. That craze wouldn't exist if PJ items were never made limited and never sold out. It started back with the Benny Hall vinyl, and has gone from there. As items were made limited, sold out, and started selling for much more than their original cost, PJ fans started going crazy for the next "limited" item. The poster phase is probably the most dramatic example: people snapping up posters of shows they didn't go to and would never be displaying, simply because there was such anticipation and demand for them. And when some of those posters sold out in a matter of seconds (DC, Toronto, etc.), it just drove future sales of other posters that a vast majority of people would not have bought if everything was unlimited and nothing ever sold out or went up in value.

The basic idea is this: make some items limited and extremely desirable/valuable, and people will want them. Keep it a mystery as to which specific items "limited" will apply to, and to what extent "limited" applies, and people will buy whatever you throw at them.

This business model is very smart and isn't going to change any time soon. By making some items limited and ultimately valuable, the 10C increases the demand for nearly all of the items they sell. Though they might make more money short-term by releasing more Blu-Rays, in the long run they are going to benefit much more by planting the seed that some items are going to sell out and thus need to be snatched up in a hurry. So don't count on a petition doing anything but cementing this as a wise way to do business. You'd be better off starting a petition asking people to stop petitioning against limited edition items, because as long as we keep showing how much we want them, the club is going to continue to use our hunger for them to their advantage.

*NOTE: I bought my Blu-Ray set the day it went on sale and would be happy to see more released, but I don't see any point in petitioning for this to happen.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I agree! I missed out but would love to order the three disc dvd set.

As a big PJ fan I respectfully urge ten club to print more copies. The demand is certainly there! :)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    VsVs Posts: 76
    +1
  • Options
    gasgas Posts: 2
    i agree, i was not able to spend last month, pj20 cd + backpack, so i waited and now is sold out.

+1
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    I'm not on this forum 24x7 but have been for the last few months.

Is it normal for 10c to completely stay out of commenting on the forums? Is it possible that they don't even know about this outcry? :roll:

Been here sine 98 folks...and really disappointed in this process.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    skanji32 wrote:
    I'm not on this forum 24x7 but have been for the last few months.

Is it normal for 10c to completely stay out of commenting on the forums? Is it possible that they don't even know about this outcry? :roll:

Been here sine 98 folks...and really disappointed in this process.

They know. The moderators have closed duplicate threads and Rob, who works in the 10C store posted in one of the threads...although all he said was that the item descriptions said they were limited.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I am in for a restock. I was like a lot of people and did not have the funds until this past weekend. I do not think that it should be as limited as it was since it was already a 10C exclusive. Since it was a 10C exclusive there should have been enough for anyone in the 10C to get a set if they wanted it. Hopefully they will do this because I really wanted those extra discs.
  • Options
    Foresakor wrote:
    I am in for a restock. I was like a lot of people and did not have the funds until this past weekend. I do not think that it should be as limited as it was since it was already a 10C exclusive. Since it was a 10C exclusive there should have been enough for anyone in the 10C to get a set if they wanted it. Hopefully they will do this because I really wanted those extra discs.

Was it one per 10c Member?
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Foresakor wrote:

I am not sure. I have not read where anyone said there was a limit.
  • Options
    +1
    1995 - March 08 Adelaide.
    1998 - March 07 Adelaide.
    2003 - Feb 11 Sydney. 16 Adelaide. 18+19+20 Melbourne.
    2006 - Sep 07 Madrid. 09 Marseille. 11 Paris. // Nov 07 Sydney. 13+14 Melbourne. 21+22 Adelaide.
    2009 - Nov 17 Adelaide. 20 Melbourne. 22 Sydney.
    2011 - Eddie Vedder; March 25 Melbourne. 27+28 Adelaide.
    2014 - BDO. Jan 23 Melbourne. 25 Sydney. 31 Adelaide.
  • Options
    Foresakor wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Foresakor wrote:

I am not sure. I have not read where anyone said there was a limit.

I have asked a few times in different threads, no one has answered..
  • Options
    +1 on the Bluray PJ20 Box Set