Comments

• Options
    Loved every minute of it...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    solace23 wrote:
    Loved every minute of it...
    fuckin sick...enjoy people.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah great film - very well made!
  • Options
    Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    pj20 just wrapped up on the east coast of oz.... Very nicely put together... Starts with mother love bone days through to present.

Loved Chris Cornell's comments about Mike, and the tour of Stone's house.

Some great archival footage.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • Options
    very great movie, loved the whole story, the emotion of the band, and their thoughts on different people/issues. Was great
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Loved it! :) It was great seeing PJ on the big screen and there was a good turn out at the cinema as well.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Of course us fanatics will love it :lol: But still good to hear...

My question is...will I regret advising my parents to go and see it? Did anyone bring a non or casual fan? My dad at least loved Ten, but I don't think my mom has heard any songs aside from Just Breathe because it was at the end of the movie "Buck".
  • Options
    Dmcneice wrote:
    very great movie, loved the whole story, the emotion of the band, and their thoughts on different people/issues. Was great

:clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Everything about it was great, teared up several times during it. Not that I ever needed convincing, but this is exactly why I love this band - the honesty.

Can't wait for the DVD.

Fantastic.
  • Options
    Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Of course us fanatics will love it :lol: But still good to hear...

My question is...will I regret advising my parents to go and see it? Did anyone bring a non or casual fan? My dad at least loved Ten, but I don't think my mom has heard any songs aside from Just Breathe because it was at the end of the movie "Buck".

They may find it interesting.

Goes into the Seattle scene, Andrew Wood and how he shaped the band members, how the band got together, Kurt Cobain/his death, the rapid rise to stardom and how it impacted the guys, the ticketmaster case, Playing with Neil Young and a lot more.

A lot of great archival footage, and very open, honest and candid discussion from the band members, and others close to the band.. Great for diehards, but it is still an interesting and well put together film, so I think others will enjoy it.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • Options
    Loved it! had to take a leak about 45minutes in, but held that f#cker in till the end. Couldn't leave and didn't wanna miss even a second. The footage they had was incredible.

Cant wait for the DVD. Just amazing! I'm still buzzing.
  • Options
    Rossum20 wrote:
    My question is...will I regret advising my parents to go and see it? Did anyone bring a non or casual fan?

I took a friend who I'd put in the non-fan category.. He's keen to watch it again as soon as I get the DVD..

Edit - My first post? really? I find that very hard to believe.. guess I better start lurking less and posting more..
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Hopefully a movie like this one may turn him into a fan!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    Khuntza wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    My question is...will I regret advising my parents to go and see it? Did anyone bring a non or casual fan?

I took a friend who I'd put in the non-fan category.. He's keen to watch it again as soon as I get the DVD..

Edit - My first post? really? I find that very hard to believe.. guess I better start lurking less and posting more..
    :thumbup: :clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I was glued to the screen the whole time...didnt want it to finish. I could have watched another 2 hours worth...
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    It was pretty cool seeing Eddie's wall with all of the frames, including the photo of his dad. I remember reading something that mentioned Eddie looked like his dad and I could see the family resemblance from the photo shown in the movie.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    Loved it, loved it...enjoyed it thoroughly...made me think once again why I love this band. Now, I can't wait for DVD.
  • Options
    AWESOME :D:D:D:D:D
    Mr Mark Richards was in the cinema :D:D:D:D:D
    We're not worthy! We're not worthy! :D:D:D:D:D
    I'm sooooo happy !!!
    PJ20 RULES!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    It was pretty cool seeing Eddie's wall with all of the frames, including the photo of his dad. I remember reading something that mentioned Eddie looked like his dad and I could see the family resemblance from the photo shown in the movie.

Yeah, loved that part too (loved all parts), and his dad was a good looking cool dude too!

Loved the part where the Binaural album was mentioned, as Of The Girl was playing, and how many people (except the true fans) dropped off them at that stage. That's the song and album that turned me onto them, and subsequently their back catalogue, and made me the fanatical freak I am today. So glad I have such great taste in music. ;)
  • Options
    heidihiheidihi Posts: 114
    It was just simply wonderful... I did not want it to end..... the really cool thing was that when it finished the entire audience applauded - very nice.

For those of you asking about taking not huge fans..... I took my 14 year old daughter - she loves Nirvana but is not sold on Pearl Jam. She enjoyed it and said she had a new found appreciation of the band and their ways. :D:D
    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,952
    Its like New Years in here today with the Australians celebrating already.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    jodiemjodiem Posts: 133
    Loved it... Really loved it
    Thought it told the story of the band really well. Lots of great footage from the early days..
    We had a round of applause from our cinema too

How funny was it when they were showing the footage from the drunk MTV gig.. :lol::lol:
    1995: Perth
    2006: Sydney x 2
    2009: Philly, Sydney
    2013: San Diego, LA1 & 2, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle

EV Solo - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney x 2
  • Options
    KhuntzaKhuntza Posts: 21
    edited September 2011
    heidihi wrote:
    For those of you asking about taking not huge fans..... I took my 14 year old daughter - she loves Nirvana but is not sold on Pearl Jam. She enjoyed it and said she had a new found appreciation of the band and their ways. :D:D

Ahh getting them into it young.. I like it. I took my 10yo daughter to see Ed in March, she had to be convinced but loved it. Not a bad artist for a first concert.. ha! Still, I think she needs a little more convincing that there is more to music than Justin whats his face..
    Post edited by Khuntza on
  • Options
    This will sound a bit random, but when there was a clip of a lighthouse and surfing in the movie it looked very familiar to me, then a few seconds later Stone said something about it being the first year they went to Australia.

Obviously lighthouses don't exactly look distinct, but it would be kind of cool if it was the lighthouse i'm thinking of.

• Options
    Its like New Years in here today with the Australians celebrating already.

It is THAT good, you'll feel the same I'm sure after you see it too. And our audience clapped too - such a buzz!!!
  • Options
    how long it is?
  • Options
    pbultimate wrote:
    how long it is?
    Not long enough! ;) Just on 2 hours I think.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I love waking up in the morning to a full thread of Aussies praising the PJ20 movie. :thumbup:
    Only 13 hours till the Chicago screening!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,881
    iamica wrote:
    I love waking up in the morning to a full thread of Aussies praising the PJ20 movie. :thumbup:
    Only 13 hours till the Chicago screening!

...and only 5 hours till the Vienna screening!! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    It was great... it was like watching someones life from the very beginning....

Conception

Pregnancy

infancy

childhood

teenage years

and now adulthood...

My mate who is not a pj fan loved it...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    I guess I'm the crazy one here.

I liked it, but it was nothing mind blowing or overly exciting to me.

Not exactly sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. Again, it wasn't bad, just......underwhelming.

I was starting to think they weren't even going to mention the revolving door drummer thing, and then when they do, it was Mike just listing off the names of them.

Also, the other part that was odd was Boom. No explanation of who he was, or how he joined the band, at least as a touring musician. Just a Boom 293 (or whatever it was) shows subtitled when he was on screen.

I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know.