Options

Pretty disgusted...

Comments

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    I know, I've seen 8 since 2000, and five of those were within a 2 week span just because it worked out like that.
    i just reread your post and now i retract my post.......i have only seen 2 shows within 1 week and that is becuase they played two shows back to back.
    hard to read well at 2 am.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    is this the line for calling this guy a whiny bitch?

how long is the wait from here?

two hours?!?

fuck it... i have better things to do
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    is this the line for calling this guy a whiny bitch?

how long is the wait from here?

two hours?!?

fuck it... i have better things to do
    i am not calling him anything........he can type whatever he wants to.

also.........did you get tickets?
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i just reread your post and now i retract my post.......i have only seen 2 shows within 1 week and that is becuase they played two shows back to back.
    hard to read well at 2 am.

Yep actually I think it was 9 shows, I forgot about Gorge 05', I don't know why, but I always forget that show. Maybe it's because I was sober at that one ;)

But usually, if I can't drive there I don't go.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i am not calling him anything........he can type whatever he wants to.

also.........did you get tickets?
    wasnt callin you out... just kidding... sure is a pretty obnoxious thread though... "disgusted"?!?

didnt try for tix today... im going for chicago tickets wednesday... well not me personally... but the army of volunteers ive amassed to fight for a pair and give me their extra... since ill be at work and unable to do it myself

you get lucky today?

• Options
    Yep actually I think it was 9 shows, I forgot about Gorge 05', I don't know why, but I always forget that show. Maybe it's because I was sober at that one ;)

But usually, if I can't drive there I don't go.
    i agree with your "can't drive there I don't go"......also there must be other reasons to go.
    we only went to the florida shows because we wanted to take our daughter to disney world, the beach, and i wanted to swim with manatees.the pj shows were a bonus.
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    wasnt callin you out... just kidding... sure is a pretty obnoxious thread though... "disgusted"?!?

didnt try for tix today... im going for chicago tickets wednesday... well not me personally... but the army of volunteers ive amassed to fight for a pair and give me their extra... since ill be at work and unable to do it myself

you get lucky today?
    i have decided that i would rather spend the money on an a new bicycle trailer.....no shit.....it is going to cost me about 400.00. i have been debating on selling some of my pj items to raise the funds.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i have decided that i would rather spend the money on an a new bicycle trailer.....no shit.....it is going to cost me about 400.00. i have been debating on selling some of my pj items to raise the funds.
    bicycle trailer? the 10C sells those? theres life outside of PJ?!? :p

seriously though... have fun towing shit behind your bike... while im rocking out to eddie!!!!!

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i went to 9 shows this tour as well...
    i agree that eddie lied... and stone's guitar messed up during do the evolution one night, which kind of messed up my jive - as some of you know, i take DTE very, very seriously. i did not win the lottery, despite having 11 chances (2 of the shows my ticket buddy also had tickets). msg 2 i was standing behind a man as tall as a tree, until the first encore when i realised it wasnt my seat... and camden 1 i was behind 2 really tall people. speaking of trees, i didn't get In My Tree... and i didnt get paid from my DC ticket buddy - long story, and i didnt get to drink in Hartford... and i contracted some sort of cough in New York...

BUT...
    none of that mattered because i went to 9 shows with 8 amazing people (from 6 different countries!) who kick ass... and THATS why I tour...

just sayin' :rolleyes:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    bicycle trailer? the 10C sells those? theres life outside of PJ?!? :p

seriously though... have fun towing shit behind your bike... while im rocking out to eddie!!!!!
    now that was good humor..."towing shit behind your bike".....i am sure you will have a good time/great time at the shows. i will take my chances and maybe the solo shows will arrive in wichita....or not.

i think i will change my location to......towing shit behind my bike. thanks for the inspiration.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    now that was good humor..."towing shit behind your bike".....i am sure you will have a good time/great time at the shows. i will take my chances and maybe the solo shows will arrive in wichita....or not.

i think i will change my location to......towing shit behind my bike. thanks for the inspiration.
    glad to be of assistance :D

and dont hold your breath on the wichita thing! but hopefully the next time around will be a full national tour like '03

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    glad to be of assistance :D

and dont hold your breath on the wichita thing! but hopefully the next time around will be a full national tour like '03
    i am gone.......take care and be safe.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i agree with your "can't drive there I don't go"......also there must be other reasons to go.
    we only went to the florida shows because we wanted to take our daughter to disney world, the beach, and i wanted to swim with manatees.the pj shows were a bonus.

I went to Lolla because of PJ, wanted to meet my Chicago board friends, plus I liked alot of the other bands there. I didn't go just for Pearl Jam, but they were the icing on the cake. Too bad I didn't get to hangout w/ sgossard3, the youngster :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I went to Lolla because of PJ, wanted to meet my Chicago board friends, plus I liked alot of the other bands there. I didn't go just for Pearl Jam, but they were the icing on the cake. Too bad I didn't get to hangout w/ sgossard3, the youngster :)
    awww... im flattered... next time around for sure

those chicago bars can be pretty hard to sneak into... cant work the simple "pass back" as easily as at school

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    SOS is lying...
    he really only came to Lolla to see if i'd get into the bar....

;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    the initial post here disgusts me

get a life you moron
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Well lets clear a few things up.

For one there was more than just the set list that I was unhappy about. Some of you figured out how to read more than two lines. But for those who do you probably get your news from Fox, or at least thats what I am betting.

There were plenty of other issues that I didnt even mention. Someone mentioned the whole Hartford things. And to name another at the Camden show there was a bunch of Corporate Suits behind me, took up 2 or 3 rows that were suppose to be fan club.
    A.The Hartford problem was a venue box office problem, not a 10club issue, although many, yourself apparently included, fail to understand this fact. It was unfortunate, but not the fan club's fault.

2.The "corporate suits" near you in fan club seating is another venue issue...all of these amphitheaters have season/VIP tickets pre-sold to every event, and 10 club can't have those seats...just a fact of how things work. 10 club got the best available seats for its members, complaining about this issue is silly.
    I also dont live in rockport anymore so you can take the bearskin neck thing and walk it yourself.
    Then change your location. I was trying to be civil while everyone else was attacking you, just added a local reference and suggested you mull things over before cancelling your membership, but you react like a total D-bag, apparently everyone else took the correct approach with you, my bad, I won't be civil any more.

This statement:
    I didnt come here to offend people

is in direct contrast to this one:
    I said it to get a rise out of some of the idiots in here,.
    You call people idiots and the like and expect people to sympathize with you?
    Read the forum rules.

You probably should quit the fan club and move on to another band...you can get nice "Lost Highway package" seats for Bon Jovi Wed. and Thur .at the Garden for $1,250 a pop, maybe you'd prefer that to the "disgusting" way 10 club has treated you.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Eek. I can't stomach reading all 9 pages responding to this guy. I've said this a million times before because I personally know a 'fan' just like you. For each rabid fan at a Pearl Jam show, there are 7 or 8 people there that aren't as familiar with PJ's complete repetoire, including rarities. So while you are complaining that you heard a repeat song, there's another out there that is stoked that they got to hear Jeremy, or Even Flow, or Black, or Daughter..whatever, the list goes on. I'm as happy when I see a casual fan turn into a rabid fan because they got the full Pearl Jam experience. And that includes hits and all.

I say keep your membership and next time go to one show. Then you won't have any repeats. Pretty simple ;-)
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    sward wrote:
    Eek. I can't stomach reading all 9 pages responding to this guy. I've said this a million times before because I personally know a 'fan' just like you. For each rabid fan at a Pearl Jam show, there are 7 or 8 people there that aren't as familiar with PJ's complete repetoire, including rarities. So while you are complaining that you heard a repeat song, there's another out there that is stoked that they got to hear Jeremy, or Even Flow, or Black, or Daughter..whatever, the list goes on. I'm as happy when I see a casual fan turn into a rabid fan because they got the full Pearl Jam experience. And that includes hits and all.

I say keep your membership and next time go to one show. Then you won't have any repeats. Pretty simple ;-)

I agree.....i've been a fan since Ten but never got to see them until 2006, but at that first concert all i wanted to hear was every 'hit' they've ever done....

I think if you visit the pit a lot, you can tend to think that every fan is an 'uber' fan that goes to 10 shows a tour and forget that there are probably loads of more 'casual' fans that just go to the one show maybe not even every tour and they need to be catered for as well :o
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    mehitabelmehitabel Posts: 14
    we are all getting old!! I'll be 30 tomorrow YIKES!!!! :eek:

Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Well lets clear a few things up.

For one there was more than just the set list that I was unhappy about. Some of you figured out how to read more than two lines. But for those who do you probably get your news from Fox, or at least thats what I am betting.

There were plenty of other issues that I didnt even mention. Someone mentioned the whole Hartford things. And to name another at the Camden show there was a bunch of Corporate Suits behind me, took up 2 or 3 rows that were suppose to be fan club.

Also, I am not rich. I dont know where you people come up with this shit? Just because I went to 8 shows doesnt make me rich. I used up most of my vacation time, put 3,000 miles on my car, slept at rest areas for 2 hrs a night. I drive a friggin Kia so dont call me rich.

I also dont live in rockport anymore so you can take the bearskin neck thing and walk it yourself.

I didnt come here to offend people but 99% of you feel like my complaining was based off of the set list in boston, when it was a number of things. I mentioned a few, in the first post and more here. But if your going to respond to something why dont you read the whole thing first and if you do that, then I wont mind your criticism.

And no i wouldnt sell my ticks to a scalper or on ebay. I said it to get a rise out of some of the idiots in here, which many of you think I am but I dont really care.

I think the reason why people are giving you a hard time AND the root of your problem is that you went to 8 shows and now dare to complain about some specific things that you listed. I can't judge anyone, especially a fellow jamily member, but I find it hard to take your complaints seriously when you obsessively go to 8 friggin East Coast shows while some of us in the boonies of say, like, Michigan, cannot even attend one show due to various reasons.

More power to anyone who can spend as much money and time on the road to see the most awesome band on the planet this summer. But your bitching about being "pretty disgusted" with Pearl Jam based on some things you saw and 'heard' ad nauseum doesn't fly, again, esp since you dragged your ass to 8, that's EIGHT damn East Coast Pearl Jam Summer 2008 fucking shows.

No one is going to cry if you cancel your membership, that is your prerogative. Write a letter of protest to the Ten Club if it will make you feel better.

But just make note that people think you're being pretty silly and pitiful. Eight fucking shows and now you're disgusted with Pearl Jam over some crap you don't understand why it was the way it was. Please.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    Please keep being disgusted and stop following the band. There are more deserving and willing fans to pick up the slack.
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Perhaps you should consider calling the WAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMBULANCE!!!! hahahahahaha!!

no, seriously, I hear ya pal ... fuckin' rotten man, fucking rotten ... if I were you I'd QUIT!!!! that'll show em!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    spearhead wrote:
    Perhaps you should consider calling the WAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMBULANCE!!!! hahahahahaha!!

Other than my birthday thread of course.... this put a smile on my face!!! LOL
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I don't know if its that I am just getting older or what the deal might be. I saw PJ this tour 8 times and it just didnt feel the same. It did at times but it never lasted like it has before. I was very upset over the boston shows thinking there might be something special happening. But night 2 I walked out at the end just so disgusted with the setlist being so similar to the first night. Hartford I thought was a much better show, and then Eddie saying they would play past curfew which ended up being a lie.

Then to top it off the whole ticket issue today for the shows. I tried for both solo shows 45 minutes for the first one and almost 2 hours for the second. Poor planing and a poor system they run here.

I guess the whole teaming up with Verizon, basically starting with Guaranteed for whatever they did with Verizon. But come on was that shit really ment to be put out there on a new technological platform? Its a kick in the face to its meaning.

Ive even gone as far as possibly calling up tenclub and canceling my membership which I just renewed and selling my 25 or so posters.

I dunno maybe I just have to wait it out.

just pretty disappointed i guess.

Phish is getting back together, and I hear them calling you!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    8 times in '08?

fucking blow me
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Man, I wish I had problems like this.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Man, I wish I had problems like this.

I know. It makes you wonder what this guy would do if he ever, you know, had real problems.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    six times I got the buy button and six times it didn't work!
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    cash wrote:
    8 times in '08?

fucking blow me

No offense to the touring fans. But maybe it is because you see PJ 8 times in a tour that you are sick of them. Doesn't it become overkill. Maybe this makes me a lesser fan than others, I only like seeing them once or twice a tour.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20