Options

Pretty disgusted...

APlasticNationAPlasticNation Posts: 63
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I don't know if its that I am just getting older or what the deal might be. I saw PJ this tour 8 times and it just didnt feel the same. It did at times but it never lasted like it has before. I was very upset over the boston shows thinking there might be something special happening. But night 2 I walked out at the end just so disgusted with the setlist being so similar to the first night. Hartford I thought was a much better show, and then Eddie saying they would play past curfew which ended up being a lie.

Then to top it off the whole ticket issue today for the shows. I tried for both solo shows 45 minutes for the first one and almost 2 hours for the second. Poor planing and a poor system they run here.

I guess the whole teaming up with Verizon, basically starting with Guaranteed for whatever they did with Verizon. But come on was that shit really ment to be put out there on a new technological platform? Its a kick in the face to its meaning.

Ive even gone as far as possibly calling up tenclub and canceling my membership which I just renewed and selling my 25 or so posters.

I dunno maybe I just have to wait it out.

just pretty disappointed i guess.
Hatford '96 Albany '03 Boston 1 '98 Uniondale '03
8/29/00 8/30/00 Boston 1, 2, 3 '03 Boston 1, 2 '04
Montreal '05 Ottawa '05 Albany '06 Hartford '06
Boston 1, 2 '06 Columbia, SC '08 Virginia Beach '08 Camden 1, 2 '08 Washington D.C. '08 Hartford '08
Boston 1, 2 '08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Don't be rash and cancel your membership...unless you have a better number than I do.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    here's a towel for crying
    tylenol for headaches
    midol for cramps
    and headphones so you can't hear me laughing at you for how pathetic this post sounds

you saw them 8 times in 08!!
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I don't know if its that I am just getting older or what the deal might be. I saw PJ this tour 8 times and it just didnt feel the same. It did at times but it never lasted like it has before. I was very upset over the boston shows thinking there might be something special happening. But night 2 I walked out at the end just so disgusted with the setlist being so similar to the first night. Hartford I thought was a much better show, and then Eddie saying they would play past curfew which ended up being a lie.

Then to top it off the whole ticket issue today for the shows. I tried for both solo shows 45 minutes for the first one and almost 2 hours for the second. Poor planing and a poor system they run here.

I guess the whole teaming up with Verizon, basically starting with Guaranteed for whatever they did with Verizon. But come on was that shit really ment to be put out there on a new technological platform? Its a kick in the face to its meaning.

Ive even gone as far as possibly calling up tenclub and canceling my membership which I just renewed and selling my 25 or so posters.

Disgusted with the setlist?

Maybe you should consider hitting only one show next time...

I'm sorry man, but those were definately the words of a spoiled fan that thinks deserves rarities and a non-repeat setlist every night just because YOU are attending 8 shows... BOOO HOOO I saw them 8 times ... WAH WAH ..PUHLEASE!!!

They closed WPB and Tampa with Alive and YLB both nights.. not what I expected ... but disgusted? :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I was just as frustrated the other day (I was considering cancelling my membership in the Rolling Stones fan club), my three year old hid the toilet paper....thankfully (After having to rush to another bathroom in the house), things turned out fine.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    you're fucking nuts!!
  • Options
    well they did repeat about 9 or more songs
    Boston 1, 2 '06 Columbia, SC '08 Virginia Beach '08 Camden 1, 2 '08 Washington D.C. '08 Hartford '08
    Boston 1, 2 '08
  • Options
    What does Verizon have to do with setlists? Secondly, you are fortunate to have seen the number of shows that you did. To cancel your membershgip because of these issues and not being able to secure EV solo tickets like the other thousands of fans trying for the same thing is kinda harsh.
    Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    The Mansfield 2 setlist was awesome, I don't know what you're talking about.
    The 2 MSG shows were more similar than the Mansfield ones in my opinion.

You gotta expect at least 5 or so repeats during 2 night stands, most people don't go do multiple shows and still want to hear Betterman, Alive, Even Flow, etc.
  • Options
    it might take up less room in ur sig if u group shows by yr and not say '08 for each one as an example
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    _outlaw wrote:
    you're fucking nuts!!

I know....I now keep a roll of Toilet paper hidden in the bathroom where only I know where it is.....THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    leedog0leedog0 Posts: 152

Buy a cake and eat it.
    8/26/98 - 9/2/00 - 4/28/03 - 7/5/03 - 7/6/03 - 10/3/05 - 5/22/06 - 5/27/06 - 5/28/06 - 6/1/06 - 6/3/06 - 6/24/06 - 7/7/06 - 7/9/06 - 7/10/06 - 8/5/07 - 6/19/08 - 6/20/08 - 6/22/08 - 6/24/08 - 6/25/08 - 8/21/09 - 8/23/09 - 8/24/09 - 10/27/09 - 10/28/09 - 10/30/09 - 10/31/09 - 5/6/10 - 5/7/10 - 5/9/10 - 5/20/10 - 5/21/10 - 9/3/11 - 9/4/11 - 9/2/12 - 7/19/13 - 10/11/13 - 10/18/13 - 10/19/13 - 10/21/13 - 10/22/13 - 4/28/16 - 4/29/16 - 8/20/18 - 4/7/18
    Ed Ved Solo:
    4-10-08 / 4-12-08 / 4-13-08 / 8-16-08 / 6-11-09 / 6-12-09 / 6-14-09 / 6-25-11
    It Makes Much More Sense.........To Live in the Present Tense.
  • Options
    it might take up less room in ur sig if u group shows by yr and not say '08 for each one as an example

I've tried to group mine kinda like yours but it doesnt let me... :S
    It tells me I've gone over the max amount of characters permitted... I'm either gonna have to stop going to shows all together or change my siggy...(probably the latter though) :D
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im pretty disgusted that a member of the tenclub who joined the pit before i did has only 209 posts. :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    I was very upset over the boston shows thinking there might be something special happening.

I got upset cause a co-worker of mine was diagnosed with liver disease and died within 3 months, half a year from retirement. But I guess I should tell his widow to lighten up, APlasticNation has things much worse.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    I've tried to group mine kinda like yours but it doesnt let me... :S
    It tells me I've gone over the max amount of characters permitted... I'm either gonna have to change my siggy or stop going to shows all together...(probably the latter though) :D

my sig won't allow me to extend to the right as far as yours does...weird?
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    my sig won't allow me to extend to the right as far as yours does...weird?

now that's something to be pretty disgusted about!!!! :D
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Explain how the distribution of today's tickets was" poorly planned" on a "poor system." Anybody can jump right in on this one. I can understand it if the server crashed, but everything went smooth today. Are you complain that people bought the tickets too quickly or something? What would you have preferred?

It's as fair as it gets and unfortunately with the demand, that means somebody, or in fact, a lot of people, has got to get shut out.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Well I had said it wasnt just the setlist. But anyway thanks for all the positive support and happy thoughts. I think ill keep my membership which is a pretty decent number and just sell my tickets to scalpers at the shows. And maybe ill try for the ed solo tickets friday on ticketucker and if I get any sell them for really obscene prices on ebay!

Thanks again

I was just looking for someone to relate to, not a majority of a-holes.
    Boston 1, 2 '08
  • Options
    Well I had said it wasnt just the setlist. But anyway thanks for all the positive support and happy thoughts. I think ill keep my membership which is a pretty decent number and just sell my tickets to scalpers at the shows. And maybe ill try for the ed solo tickets friday on ticketucker and if I get any sell them for really obscene prices on ebay!

Thanks again

support exactly for what?

For being a whinny baby who didn't get 27 different songs for each of the 8 shows you attended...? or is it because Ed lied to you and didn't feel like paying a fine for breaking curfew....?

and you are callin' US a-holes??!?!?... GO FIGURE!
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178

Thanks again

Obviously, the system is rigged so you can't buy tickets, so you will be doing no scalping! Bye!
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218

Thanks again

Dude you saw PJ 8 times in the last couple weeks. Yeah they repeat songs. But you saw them 8 times in the last couple weeks.

It sucks you got shut out of solo tix, but someone had to, and you saw them 8 times............

I got NYC1 and 2!!!

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    I have been lucky enough to see them many times over many years in many places. I won't complain. I may wish they did a song I like but oh well, it was my choice to go. Unless they stand there naked not speaking like a certain band did to me at Lolla in Philly one year, then what is there to complain about? OK, I am really trying not to visualize......nevermind!

We all have our favorite songs and not everyone is the same but do not go if you have disclaimers. Save your money.
  • Options
    APlasticNation--you're from Rockport, huh? I'm born and raised in Gloucester! (now living in Cambridge, after all sorts of moving around). One of my best buddies posts on here, too, and he's also a Gloucester guy. I'll drop you a line the next time I'll be at the Mad Fish or something...
  • Options

do not go if you have disclaimers. Save your money.

I like this!:D
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:

I got NYC1 and 2!!!

Nice! :D
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    i went to only one show, traveled from chicago to DC with my wife and had a blast..... and I am getting old...... so well it is up to you
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Inhiding230Inhiding230 Posts: 362
    All I can say is that I wish I could have had the time and the money to see PJ 8 times in one year...... Just wow.
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    i went to only one show, traveled from chicago to DC with my wife and had a blast..... and I am getting old...... so well it is up to you

we are all getting old!! I'll be 30 tomorrow YIKES!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I went to 0 shows and I'm not complaining.

Maybe it's because it's kind of dumb to follow a band around the country for more than a few shows? The only reason I'd see more shows is to hang out w/ friends I met at pre-parties and from the pit.
    NERDS!