Options

Pretty disgusted...

12346»

Comments

• Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    You gotta expect at least 5 or so repeats during 2 night stands, most people don't go do multiple shows and still want to hear Betterman, Alive, Even Flow, etc.

thats a huge key point that someultrahardcorefans sometimes seem to forget...theres a big percentage of the people in the arena thats only attending that show in the tour, and they wont back home happy without betterman, alive or RVM or evenflow...

this band is great because they care about the fans, but its also great because they care about the regular joe that wont spend thousands and thousands in tickets and travels all around the country...

last but not least...i play in a band that never plaeyd in front of more that 20 people or so.. :)...and even with that we´ve got organization issues all the time...all kind of circumstances that may happen and determine whether if we are going to play 5 songs or 10 songs, fast songs or slow songs, etc , etc, etc...so you can easily guess the amount of complexities that may come across a band that has become as big as this one...so eddie may say "we´ll play after the curfew" and then many,many,many things can happen behind him and they have to stop in the curfew and thats it....
  • Options
    MathataMathata Posts: 41
    You saw them eight times and are complaining - please. You cannot be a true fan if you are canceling - you did not deserve those 8 show!
    Mathata

How I choose to feel,... Is how I am.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I don't know if its that I am just getting older or what the deal might be. I saw PJ this tour 8 times and it just didnt feel the same. It did at times but it never lasted like it has before. I was very upset over the boston shows thinking there might be something special happening. But night 2 I walked out at the end just so disgusted with the setlist being so similar to the first night. Hartford I thought was a much better show, and then Eddie saying they would play past curfew which ended up being a lie.

Then to top it off the whole ticket issue today for the shows. I tried for both solo shows 45 minutes for the first one and almost 2 hours for the second. Poor planing and a poor system they run here.

I guess the whole teaming up with Verizon, basically starting with Guaranteed for whatever they did with Verizon. But come on was that shit really ment to be put out there on a new technological platform? Its a kick in the face to its meaning.

Ive even gone as far as possibly calling up tenclub and canceling my membership which I just renewed and selling my 25 or so posters.

I dunno maybe I just have to wait it out.

just pretty disappointed i guess.

If its no fun why do it?
    Expectations are a bitch.

EDIT:
    I need a hartford 08 poster, Id buy it for a reasonable price
  • Options
    NotoriousIMPNotoriousIMP Posts: 141
    I think the bottom line on all this is that we, the fans, expect way too much!!
    I 've seen some awesome shows and I always make the mistake that PJ will be able to re-create past moments. And you cannot re-create the past. They'll never be another ATL 94', Randalls Island 96', MSG II 98' etc....Same goes with Eddie always saying "we'll be here for a while" its been said too much. And God forbid if they only play for 2:15 its a short show. Love them for what they are. A great band, with good music in a world with shit out there. They are at the top of the game right now. Not sure if they will ever be better than right now. So go see them, enjoy the show, and be glad you have seen them and know what its like to witness one of the greatest live acts and bands in general out there. And please remember the world (10c)cannot accommodate everyone.
    96' Randalls island II
    98' NJ, MSG II
    00' Jones Beach I,II,III
    03' Nassau, MSG I, II
    05' Montreal, Ottawa, Borgata II
    06' NJ I, II
    08' Camden II, MSG II, Hartford, Beacon NY, Ed Ved NYC I
    09' Philly 4
    10' MSG I,II
    11' Ed Ved Hartford
    13' Chicago, Brooklyn II
    15' GCF NY
    16' Philly II, MSG I
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    "I think i've seen pj about 15 or 16 times in the past 10 years. All of the shows have been excellent, and out of all those shows there's 2 or 3 I'd rank most excellent and stupendous

Not everyone can be a 10/10, but most of them are 8or9/10. So when you do get to catch a 10/10 it's f'in awesome.

I think gorge 05 is one of those shows, and I know they don't grow on trees. I'm guessing Bonnaroo was that show for this tour. They'res always 1 or 2 standout shows on tour, that have an extra special setlist and what not."

I echo these sentiments EXACTLY!!!!

And Gorge 05 was a standout. I liked that show heads and shoulders above 06 in the Gorge.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Was it really necessary to do whatever they did so that it took an hour or two to sell out and everyone had to keep keep hitting refresh and such?

So you think someone intentionally 'did something' so that so many fans were left hanging? wow.

I didnt say they should break curfew every night did I? No.. However I believe Ed did say they were going to during the show. So I was disappointed he lied. Lying isnt cool even if you are Eddie Vedder, I am sure he got a lot of peoples hopes up that they would play longer. I know a bunch of my friends were disappointed they didnt after they said they would.

you know, i was there too and i remember being pumped when Ed said they would play past the curfew. however, no doubt they discussed it or someone talked them out of it because they were clearly trying to make up for it by keeping the chatter to a minumum.

other than the D.C. show and one of the MSG shows, Hartford had the most songs played. they obviously wanted to make up for the curfew...maybe Ed should have commented about it, he didn't...it's 1 show out of 8 for you...my goodness.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    JDfromDEJDfromDE Posts: 60
    I had good seats in Camden and wasnt really happy that the row behind me didnt go to tenclub fans as we are told they should. Went to a bunch of corporate suits as well as some of the seats in front of me. They should have went to the real fans not some corporate low life who's heard 1 or 2 songs before in their life.
    If you're talking about the seats I think you're talking about (ie- the ones with the business's name on it), that's a bad reason not to be happy. Those seats are rented out to the venue's sponsors and business partners. They aren't available to the public, and the TenClub has absolutely no control over who sits there. Every arena/ampitheater in america has seats set aside for corporate sponsors and they're off limits.

By the way, what's the matter with a corporate person enjoying the band? Or even checking them out? Do people need to achieve a minimum show requirement in order for you to sit near them?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 8/2/07, 6/14/08, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 8/16/08
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    man this guy is so boring.....it takes like 10 paragraphs to make really tired arguments
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

I had good seats in Camden and wasnt really happy that the row behind me didnt go to tenclub fans as we are told they should. Went to a bunch of corporate suits as well as some of the seats in front of me. They should have went to the real fans not some corporate low life who's heard 1 or 2 songs before in their life.

So who told you they should? They get best available, and those seats aren't available. End of story.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245
    So who told you they should? They get best available, and those seats aren't available. End of story.
    Yeah, I don't get why its so hard for APN to understand that these venues have season/VIP tickets previously committed that 10club can't get. Its not a new situation, its been that way for many years. Should 10club have also guaranteed short bathroom lines and swift moving traffic upon exiting?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Poncier wrote:
    Should 10club have also guaranteed short bathroom lines and swift moving traffic upon exiting?

Well, now that you mention it . . . . :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I cannot confirm this rumor, but what I heard in Mansfield was....If curfew is broken, they lose their liquor license and the band that breaks it has to pay what the alcohol sales would have been for the whole year.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    RockMama wrote:
    I cannot confirm this rumor, but what I heard in Mansfield was....If curfew is broken, they lose their liquor license and the band that breaks it has to pay what the alcohol sales would have been for the whole year.

ouch. you wouldn't see me breaking curfew!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261

I felt that releasing Guaranteed on the verizon wireless platform defeated the purpose of the song and the movie.

PJ talks a lot about big corporations and greed yet they sign a deal with verizon who isnt the prettiest corporation?

Dude what are you talking about? What are they supposed to play only benefit shows at small theaters so only a handful of people can see them? The Virginia Beach shows have rocked over the years and I don't think that the fans should suffer just because Verizon sucks. And from where I was sitting (the grass, I always do) Guaranteed was a much appreciated song for some fans who can't afford to fly to a big city to see Ed play solo.

I have been going to shows since i was 14, I'm 24 now, and I have only been able to see them them 8 times. You saw them 8 times THIS YEAR! How can you EVER complain about ANY PJ show. They rock, every time out. I've seen A LOT of live music over the last 10 years and there is no other band out there that puts as much effort into pleasing its fans.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    to add to what I just said:

The band goes to great lengths to play for as long as they can. I don't know the rules in Mansfield but I was told that PJ almost couldn't play at all Monday because of what happened Saturday. Mansfield has always been super strict about curfew, alcohol sales, etc. You can't complain about a band that pays fines for its fans.

Anyways, they DID break curfew on Monday. They played until 20 past 11.
  • Options
    We parked in a private premier lot and were there real early. A guy who worked the lots drove his cart over and told us that Saturday was nuts in the lots and that in fact there was talk about them not playing Monday. They decided to ban booze instead. Not sure if it is true but that is what he said.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    rtwilli4 wrote:
    to add to what I just said:

The band goes to great lengths to play for as long as they can. I don't know the rules in Mansfield but I was told that PJ almost couldn't play at all Monday because of what happened Saturday. Mansfield has always been super strict about curfew, alcohol sales, etc. You can't complain about a band that pays fines for its fans.

What happened on Saturday?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    It all started with Tom Petty according to security. I guess there were a bunch of people who parked in the free lot and then brought the party to the private lots. Cars got broken into and things as well. It continued with Dave Matthews and ended with almost 50 arrests Saturday night. The security guy told us that there are hardly ever arrests and that they needed to put a stop on things early because there are a lot of shows lined up for the year. Not only that he said there has been a change in policy since Live Nation took over (whatever that meant)
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    APN, you've suffered a lot of abuse for expressing your opinion here. That's unfortunate. I love a good f-bomb, but many of the folks here need to calm the hell down.

That said, you may want to back off on the next tour and keep it to 1-2 shows. You'll probably have a better experience that way. You seem to have OD'd on Pearl Jam and your expectations are suffering because of it. If you miss an extraordinary show, you can at least get the bootleg. It's better than setting yourself up for disappointment.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    APN,

If I understand your post correctly, you are QQ that Eddie lied to you because a curfew was enforced and you were disappointed.

Your sense of entitlement astounds me.

I feel for you sir/madam when life hands you REAL problems.

Best of luck.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245
    rtwilli4 wrote:

20 past...no.
    2 past yes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    disappointment = angst....this will always be true....but we are lucky to have the opportunity to get tickets...it is a crap shoot....there is no perfect system...you can't plese everyone....be happy that we have the opportunity...do ANY other bands...or in this case solo acts...give fans a shot at the BEST seats in the house?...no fucking way....10c rocks for the opportunity they grant us...we should all rejoice in that...

and the boys sounded at the top of their game on this mini-tour!
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    20 past...no.
    2 past yes.

I think they arguably played till 11:05... either way, that's being the curfew's bitch. But I totally understand why it can't be broken.
  • Options
    coming from a guy who has seen the band once, owns one poster, and was unable to obtain eddie tickets for ANY of his first leg tour after trying for probably about 6 hours total, i think the original post is coming from someone who doesnt realize just how lucky they are.

do you know how many people were unable to get eddie tickets?

do yuo know how many people would have done just about anything to go to just 1 show in 08 let alone 8???

sorry if i dont feel bad for you . . . .
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    Ive even gone as far as possibly calling up tenclub and canceling my membership which I just renewed and selling my 25 or so posters.

I dunno maybe I just have to wait it out.

just pretty disappointed i guess.

Right, I know we are not supposed to abuse one another, posting guidelines and all...

but this is me abusing you!

You are A $%&@!*? idiot!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+