the "car guy" thread

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I was once "in love" with a guy who drove a - Red Ford Gran Torino- that car was awesome -
    ( and so was he ) :D

Men and there sports cars - I remember - showing up with a bunch of friends at the Metro Park - just about every Saturday during the summer months and the guys would would wax their cars and us girl would just sun bathe ....

Plenty of beer and whiskey went around too - we were careful not to get caught by the park ranger... ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    imalive wrote:

1000+ hp and 280+ mph, as delivered.

The top speed is 255 mph
    i'm gonna have to get those sons a bitches at the dealership to have a look at the speedo :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Hey salley
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Just traded in my 2007 Acura TL for a 2011 Acura RDX.

Love my Acuras.
  • Get_Right wrote:

Love my Acuras.

Nice...I looked at the RDX..we wanna get an SUV but probably something bigger than the RDX

Good Luck with it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • My barber was telling me about this today..he's a Corvette freak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dI-47Z2hI
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I've been having to drive this thing all weekend. Please feel sorry for me ;)

CLK63AMGBlack.jpg

...and yes, that is an AMG Black edition. Only 360 of these baby's were allowed for sale in the US, and this is the only one in LA.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    My barber was telling me about this today..he's a Corvette freak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dI-47Z2hI
    badass stuff

ask your barber if he has heard of Merlin. it's not in the same style of super hitech that the sledgehammer is, but Merlin is one bad ass corvette
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/ ... _2010.html

if that aint the best lookin remake of a classic car, then you can shoot me and call me sally.

This is my favorite remake of a classic car. This thing is the epitome of sex on wheels :wtf:

MoganAeroSupersport.jpg

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    evenflow wrote:
    I've been having to drive this thing all weekend. Please feel sorry for me ;)

CLK63AMGBlack.jpg

...and yes, that is an AMG Black edition. Only 360 of these baby's were allowed for sale in the US, and this is the only one in LA.

damn what a shame! You should drive it straight back to the dealer and tell them wheres my freakin Kia rio?!

but seriously that car is damn ridiculous. I've only seen one of those IRL. How did you end up with it?

and my name isnt sally, that car is amazing fucktards! :lol:

edit: that Morgan has the first gen xenon mini cooper headlights hahaha.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    damn what a shame! You should drive it straight back to the dealer and tell them wheres my freakin Kia rio?!

but seriously that car is damn ridiculous. I've only seen one of those IRL. How did you end up with it?

It was my best friend's Christmas present to himeself. He got that as his daily driver and he also got a "weekend" car delivered on the same truck. Here's a shot of that being unloaded:

TranporterPics003.jpg

We do have some fun whenever we get together :twisted:

evenflow wrote:

It was my best friend's Christmas present to himeself. He got that as his daily driver and he also got a "weekend" car delivered on the same truck. Here's a shot of that being unloaded:

TranporterPics003.jpg

hey buddy :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    imalive wrote:
    look for me at the next PJ concert :shock: :lol:

bugatti-eb-164-veyron.jpg

baddest car on the planet. 1000+ hp and 280+ mph, as delivered.
    no one here could drive that car @ 280mph. no one here could drive that car without going to that car company's driving academy. am i correct or being silly? when folks bought shelby cobras back in the 60's they had to attend driving courses.

i've been down the highway in junk ass muscle cars (or bikes) well over 120mph. that was pretty fast enough and scary when it wasn't me driving (or if i was :mrgreen: ) or when i ate the floor due to fear for my life. 280pmh in a tight car is ridiculous. when are people going to start dying in this thing?

wow... wait.
    i remember going to watch friends ride this motorcycle. dumb shits. if i remember the speedometer read 180mph. i remember they took turns on this bike. they were screamin' well at around that 180mph mark.
    add another 100mph onto that... you're out of your mind.... that has to be flight. fuck off.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Get_Right wrote:

Love my Acuras.

Nice...I looked at the RDX..we wanna get an SUV but probably something bigger than the RDX

Good Luck with it
    Thanks!
    We really need a bigger one, but the MDX is too expensive. And the RDX is more than adequate for now. And it is a pleasure to drive, with just enough luxury to feel like its a fancy car. If that makes any sense.

And if you do consider the RDX, they have this red burgundy color that no one is buying. You can negotiate a good deal on that color-they cant give them away. Of course, my wife refused to take one in that color which we could have got for about $3k under invoice price. :x ;)
    evenflow wrote:

TranporterPics003.jpg

You friend has a murcielago? is he also the president of the Louisiana street pharmacy? :lol:
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I am buying a car today.

Subaru Impreza, leather bucket seats, alloy wheels, blue tooth, leather steering wheel, floor mats.

impreza-20r-hatch-my11-dark-grey-grey-trim.jpg
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    chadwick wrote:
    no one here could drive that car @ 280mph. no one here could drive that car without going to that car company's driving academy. am i correct or being silly?

I think once they have your $1.7-2.7 MILLION, they don't really care what the fuck you do :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    imalive wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    no one here could drive that car @ 280mph. no one here could drive that car without going to that car company's driving academy. am i correct or being silly?

I think once they have your $1.7-2.7 MILLION, they don't really care what the fuck you do :shock:
    i challenge you to drive that car at the car's full potential without you being buried afterwards.

probably impossible for most people to start that car let alone operate it correctly.

i guess while i was out everyone turned into richard petty or michael knight or somebody like capt. kirk or E.T.

most people can't handle a suped up 4 cyclinder mass produced in japan or peru
    ever drove a jet to the grocery store as sideways as can be on dry clouds? ... no me either.I SAID NO ME EITHER

:lolno:

(how's the sand storms?) btw. your fast car here doesn't do sand.
    or mormons... :mrgreen::lol: dcutah reporting for duty.Sir
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

i challenge you to drive that car at the car's full potential without you being buried afterwards.

probably impossible for most people to start that car let alone operate it correctly.

i guess while i was out everyone turned into richard petty or michael knight or somebody like capt. kirk or E.T.

most people can't handle a suped up 4 cyclinder mass produced in japan or peru
    ever drove a jet to the grocery store as sideways as can be on dry clouds? ... no me either.I SAID NO ME EITHER

:lolno:

(how's the sand storms?) btw. your fast car here doesn't do sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1t6S737Cs

You need a special key to even get it into top speed mode, and even by then you need a ridiculous amount of road to get it anywhere near that speed. Oh and if anyone here doesnt watch Top Gear, fucking do it. Its so good that you dont even have to like cars and youll still fall in love with the show.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    Sally is correct, top gear is a good show. This last weeks iraq show was good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    btw. your fast car here doesn't do sand.

the bentley is my winter car. :lol:

Kankkunen sets new world speed record on ice

February 16, 2011

Pirelli teamed up with four-time World Rally Champion Juha Kankkunen to set a new world record on Tuesday, with the Finn reaching 330.695kph (205.48mph) on ice in a Bentley Continental Supersports.

Kankkunen used spiked Pirelli Sotto Zero winter tires over a 16-kilometer course on the frozen Baltic Sea off Finland, where the ice is 70 centimeters thick. Despite tricky conditions that included snowstorms and cross winds. Kankkunen was successful in his attempt to break his own record, averaging 330kph in both directions; as required by the Guinness Book of Records, which verifies record attempts around the world.

“The tires were really good, because to make them work in the conditions we had was not at all easy,” said Kankkunen, who won his last WRC event on Pirelli tires in Australia in 1999. “First of all, it was so cold. Secondly, the ice is so slippery and bumpy that you have wheel spin all the way to 300kph: it's just a question of playing with the throttle and gears to find the speed.”

The car was standard apart from a welded-in roll cage, rear bumper-mounted parachute and a set of custom Pirelli Sotto Zero winter tires to 275/40R20 specification. The 51-year-old Kankkunen believes that record-breaking attempts such as his run in Finland can help to develop road car tires for everyday drivers in future.

“This is a very different experience to driving on the road, but you have to push to the maximum sometimes to see how things work," he said. "You can see from these tires that the techniques of construction are very good and learn some important lessons about how to build tires in the future to cope with even the most extreme conditions.”

In celebration of Kankkunen's achievement, 100 limited edition Supersports will be made and shown for the first time at next month's Geneva auto show. They will be the most powerful Bentley road cars ever made.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    81 wrote:
    ok...i gotta ask.....what is with the man love for these mini coopers? i don't get it.

didnt see that. Because they handle incredible. Especially if you have the first gen like mine. the new ones have a tad more of an "artificial" feel. The steering is ultra responsive, the clutch is nice and stiff, the gearbox is ultra notchy, the ride is very stiff, the supercharger SCREAMS at full throttle, the stock engine management was purposely designed to leave excess fuel run off into the exhaust so it burns off which causes the exhaust to burble and pop.I can go on and on. Its 100% an enthusiasts car. lots of people auto cross their minis. Plus, their owners arent your typical douche bag VW owner.

Watch that shit pal ;)

'09 VW GTI/4 door/DSG/Tornado Red/heated seats/Two kid seats in the back :) Super fun car to drive. I look forward to my drive to work every day!
    My3rdEye wrote:
    81 wrote:
    ok...i gotta ask.....what is with the man love for these mini coopers? i don't get it.

didnt see that. Because they handle incredible. Especially if you have the first gen like mine. the new ones have a tad more of an "artificial" feel. The steering is ultra responsive, the clutch is nice and stiff, the gearbox is ultra notchy, the ride is very stiff, the supercharger SCREAMS at full throttle, the stock engine management was purposely designed to leave excess fuel run off into the exhaust so it burns off which causes the exhaust to burble and pop.I can go on and on. Its 100% an enthusiasts car. lots of people auto cross their minis. Plus, their owners arent your typical douche bag VW owner.

Watch that shit pal ;)

'09 VW GTI/4 door/DSG/Tornado Red/heated seats/Two kid seats in the back :) Super fun car to drive. I look forward to my drive to work every day!

lol no harm meant. I have plenty of people I know and are freinds with that are VW owners. I like them, but the majority of them are douches who only care about how cool THEIR car is and how much better they are becuase they dont own a Honda. The VW scene is very lame IMO.

Am I friends with you on facebook? I remember commenting on someones red MKV GTI. Andy?
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    [/quote]
    lol no harm meant. I have plenty of people I know and are freinds with that are VW owners. I like them, but the majority of them are douches who only care about how cool THEIR car is and how much better they are becuase they dont own a Honda. The VW scene is very lame IMO.

Am I friends with you on facebook? I remember commenting on someones red MKV GTI. Andy?[/quote]

Hey John... Yes it's Andy :)

Believe me no offense taken. I'm far from that whole scene :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm collecting my car at the weekend :D Changing my strangley-falling-apart Mazda MX5 for a Mazda RX8 (the "exclusive" one)and I cannae flippin' wait. Very excited yet nervous about the whole thing. Hope that rotary engine doesn't start to fall apart as soon as I get it. I'll have to practice my cold and hot starts in the evenings!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    You friend has a murcielago? is he also the president of the Louisiana street pharmacy? :lol:

:lol::lol:
    Nah, he went the other way, and owns a couple of legit businesses. The really funny part of that though, is in what little spare time he has he's a reserve sheriffs officer. You just know whenever people see him parking the AMG at the headquarters and getting out in his uniform the first thing they think of is "crooked cop". I know I would. One of the many great advantages of him being the police is that all of his cars have blacked-out tinted windows (including the windshield :o ) and none of them have inspection stickers.

Yeah, he puts in a lot of time and energy (without getting paid for it since he's only reserve) but it's got to be worth it never having to worry about getting a ticket for equipment violations or speeding. 8-)

Out of all of the different and crazy cars that I've had the privilege of working on and/or driving, this is the one car that keeps me up at night

1970GTOJudge.jpg

A 1970 GTO Judge with a 455HO and a 4-speed, Orbit Orange, with black interior, and a factory 8-track in the dash. 8-)

Apparently multiple viewings of Dazed & Confused and Two-Lane Blacktop in my youth really made a lasting impression.

evenflow wrote:
    Out of all of the different and crazy cars that I've had the privilege of working on and/or driving, this is the one car that keeps me up at night

1970GTOJudge.jpg

A 1970 GTO Judge with a 455HO and a 4-speed, Orbit Orange, with black interior, and a factory 8-track in the dash. 8-)

Apparently multiple viewings of Dazed & Confused and Two-Lane Blacktop in my youth really made a lasting impression.

make it black and you have a deal

if i was going to get something today, it'd be an old C10 (70-72, yeah, i know that model runs before 70)

1970-chevrolet-c10-70-chevy-stepside.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I have a 2010 Infiniti G37 sedan named Gigi. RWD, 6-speed manual, 328 horses. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16