Options

Msg=overrated

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    jimed14 wrote:
    again, it's a vocal minority that starts and continues this crap ... same fuckers that start "Yankees Suck" chants everywhere under the sun that ISN'T a Yankees game .... freakin' embarassing

I actually wince when this happens.

I wonder if the same thing would happen if the Pope came to town?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    yeah, this thread taking on a sports tone is definately deviating from the main topic, even though god knows i hate the sox...

but it goes without saying... pj at the garden always was and always will be a special couple of nights...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    Being in NY still doesn't necessarily mean MSG is the best concert venue...it just is, because it is. I mean would you argue Shea Stadium is a better place to watch a ballgame than anywhere else in the country? ... I'm trying to appeal to the sports and threads intentions.
  • Options
    NYC = capital of the world.

end debate.

did you mean bed-bug capital of the world? :D

NYC is a cesspool of crime and inequity! over populated,polluted police/slave state where you can't even own a handgun ( ironic seeing it's one of the places you need one the most)

funny, when did it turn into this imaginary post-card place all you NYC people keep talking about?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    did you mean bed-bug capital of the world? :D

NYC is a cesspool of crime and inequity! over populated,polluted police/slave state where you can't even own a handgun ( ironic seeing it's one of the places you need one the most)

funny, when did it turn into this imaginary post-card place all you NYC people keep talking about?

crime is at an all time low in NYC. and i think in a recent poll it was declared a safer city than boston.

over populated because it is the greatest city in the world and everyone wants to live here.

and since when can you not own a hangun in NYC? legal to own one, you just can't carry it on you in public.

and funny how you say it's one of the places you need a gun a most, because in the 25 years i have been living in the area, i have not felt my safety was in danger once.

i am starting to believe that you never even visited NYC. how can you hold an opinion on a place that you have never been to?
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    crime is at an all time low in NYC. and i think in a recent poll it was declared a safer city than boston.

over populated because it is the greatest city in the world and everyone wants to live here.

and since when can you not own a hangun in NYC? legal to own one, you just can't carry it on you in public.

and funny how you say it's one of the places you need a gun a most, because in the 25 years i have been living in the area, i have not felt my safety was in danger once.

i am starting to believe that you never even visited NYC. how can you hold an opinion on a place that you have never been to?

very true,,i grew up next to the projects on the lower east side and i only saw 3 or 4 shootings in 30 years ,,, not to bad
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    john lennon once had a quote about why he moved to new york:
    "If I'd lived in Roman times, I'd have lived in Rome," Lennon once said. "Today, America is the Roman Empire, and New York is Rome itself."

thought that was a cool quote. to me the two cities have different purposes. there's no denying boston's beauty and i probably actually like boston more...but nothing really compares to new york.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    boston does take the award for the most drunks per city block though ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

hehe
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    and i posted this in an MSG thread earlier in the week....

i remember in '98 during PJ's first show ever at MSG, eddie goes on stage and tells the crowd, "you can sell millions and millions of records and tour around the world, but you ain't shit until you play the garden."
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996

Next thing you know, people are going to blame Patriots fans for stealing the Giants' team staff Super Bowl rings. ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3437502
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    boston people are funny.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Didn't someone once say "It will never be like the garden?" :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000

It better have! Or I have been doing all this drinking for nothing! Hhahaa.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i've always wanted to see a show at MSG just for the history of the building, i'm a bit of a history geek like that. like the fillmore in SF, it's one of those places a music lover should experience. so the combo of PJ *and* MSG works for me, i'm very much looking forward to it!
  • Options
    i've always wanted to see a show at MSG just for the history of the building, i'm a bit of a history geek like that. like the fillmore in SF, it's one of those places a music lover should experience. so the combo of PJ *and* MSG works for me, i'm very much looking forward to it!

oh by the way MSG rules " all out of town girls must wear tight shorts in the building" hey man dont break the rules :eek:
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    oh by the way MSG rules " all out of town girls must wear tight shorts in the building" hey man dont break the rules :eek:
    i'll wear them under my clothes, how's that? it's better that way really haha

eeeeeeeeeee i'm so excited, less than 2 weeks awaaaaaaaaay
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    pj0705 wrote:
    Im sure the crowds are great, I wont dispute, but honestly, I havent seen anything too special in any of the past setlists. Yes, I know about Breath in 98. I just think they have uninspired setlists. I fully expect the 2 Boston shows to have more unique setlists as per the usual, but everyone will be raving how they shook the garden during Evenflow.

it was do the evolution when the stage shook , and they didnt make a DVD of Boston,. did they ? :confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    i'll wear them under my clothes, how's that? it's better that way really haha

eeeeeeeeeee i'm so excited, less than 2 weeks awaaaaaaaaay

UM NO IT CLEARLY STATES must be worn on the outside ..

trust me it will be on the ticket when u get it

so just obey the house rules
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    UM NO IT CLEARLY STATES must be worn on the outside ..

trust me it will be on the ticket when u get it

so just obey the house rules
    can i pin them to the outside of my purse, smooshed up like a flower? lol

is there a part of the arena that has pics of everybody that's played like you see at other venues? i'm psyched :)
  • Options

is there a part of the arena that has pics of everybody that's played like you see at other venues? i'm psyched :)

actually their is a section of the arena when they have all old posters and records and shit of previous concerts...

they also have that in the locker room area but we wont be able to see that
  • Options

there are actually all kinds of pphotos ( more like posters down in the player tunnels ) butthere is a small section- near a bar- i believe outside of gate 75 up on the 300 Level in the tunnels- where they have CDs sets of bands that have played the Garden and they even have a few of the retro posters for some of these events.

Pearl Jams CDs are up there on the round walls,... along with the stones, the mighty led zep, the doors, u2 , Springsteen and E Street Band, and just about everyone else that has graced the stage here.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    there are actually all kinds of pphotos ( more like posters down in the player tunnels ) butthere is a small section- near a bar- i believe outside of gate 75 up on the 300 Level in the tunnels- where they have CDs sets of bands that have played the Garden and they even hgave a few of the posters for some of these events.

Pearl Jams CDs are up there on the round walls,... along with the stones, the mighty led zep, the doors, u2 , Springsteen and E Street Band, and just about everyone that has graced the stage here.

ya dont say ;)
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ya dont say ;)

we did post at the same time,

youve had more practice then me !
    :p
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PearlJen22PearlJen22 Posts: 106
    As I read all these posts I start singing...

"Go tell all your friends
    I'm an idiot and you're great"
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    As I read all these posts I start singing...

"Go tell all your friends
    I'm an idiot and you're great"

I hope they play that ... really I do. In MSG or Mansfield. Perferably both so we don't have to have another pissing contest over which is better.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Thier both great, prob the 2 best. Ive been to every garden show and a handful of Bostons

Bostons get unique setlists, debut of leash and others, the 3 nights w practically whole catalog was priceless

but you cannot knock MSG , its the aura, atmosphere, amazing arena, its the meccha, MSG is always special,
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    actually their is a section of the arena when they have all old posters and records and shit of previous concerts...

they also have that in the locker room area but we wont be able to see that
    thanks to you and bathgate, excellent, looking forward to checking all that stuff out! :)
  • Options
    Thier both great, prob the 2 best. Ive been to every garden show and a handful of Bostons

Bostons get unique setlists, debut of leash and others, the 3 nights w practically whole catalog was priceless

but you cannot knock MSG , its the aura, atmosphere, amazing arena, its the meccha, MSG is always special,

dont forget,,we MADE them play breathe
  • Options
    thanks to you and bathgate, excellent, looking forward to checking all that stuff out! :)

just follow the rules and that will be thanks enough :) lol

oh and ill show u around if ya want ;)