Options

This tour is in big trouble

Comments

• Options
    The setlists will definitely be varies per usual... as other people said, Eddie doesn't have the greatest assortment of songs solo to create crazy setlists.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    this is insanity. pj has always changed their setlists up each show on EVERY SINGLE TOUR they have ever played. things will not be any different. matter of fact, i think we'll see some very interesting sets. ed has limited material solo.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    this is a lame thread. anyone who thinks PJ's shows arent varied enough needs to listen to another band for awhile. they are officially burned out.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    MrSmith wrote:
    this is a lame thread. anyone who thinks PJ's shows arent varied enough needs to listen to another band for awhile. they are officially burned out.

I was just about to say this.

You people who whine about the setlists not changing enough remind me of spoiled little girls whose parents buy them the wrong Barbie doll for Christmas.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    The numbers for me were 112 different songs ( including tags ) in 28 shows in '06. No complaints about lack of variety here. Including Crown of Thorns, Dirty Frank, Leash, I'm Open, Rats, Garden, Satan's bed, full blown Little Wing,Red Mosquito, You're True, Smile, Hawaii 78 twice , You Are, Mike's amazing rendition's of The Star Spangled Banner, etc.. etc... Yeah, a real lack of variety ( rolls eyes).
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Dude he's touring on one record that is mostly instrumental, what else should he playing?
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Dude he's touring on one record that is mostly instrumental, what else should he playing?

he has enough material to play for 2 maybe 3 hours

so sell that one some where else
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    he has enough material to play for 2 maybe 3 hours

so sell that one some where else

Yeah but I'm sure he didn't rehearse everything he could play......

He has been throwing in different songs here and there in different nights, I just dont think that Ed solo tour can be compared in any level to a PJ tour starting there..
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    holy fuck some fans are just so clueless not one show yet in 08 and it's in trouble stop smoking the crack dude ,from my experience every tour that they do when not supporting a new record has been outstanding .....i never ?? the set list's ever .....

I have to agree with this...
    I don't understand the negativity in some people :confused:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I'm going to go ahead and deem this thread STUCK ON SUCK.

Should die a slow death now....
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    given that Ed isnt changing his setlist, its probably a precursor for how this june tour is going to be. man and i was hoping for atonement from the variety-less 06 east coast swing.

that's a big leap...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    This thread is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Danimal wrote:
    This thread is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.
    It cant be boring enough for you to want to post in it. ;)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Ed is probably keeping the same setlists because,

1. this is his first time doing a solo tour
    2. wants to give everyone the same show because this is completely new and may not happen again
    3. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Well the real reason is probably because he can't exactly play much more songs solo than he has done. I would imagine the reason that he hasn't played the other Pearl Jam songs that we might expect him to play solo is because he he believes what makes those other songs special are parts played by other guys eg the drum beats, lead guitar lines, bass lines, harmonies etc.

He could play more obscure covers but why bother?
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    anyone complaining about set lists can give up their tix and STFU.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,492
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    given that Ed isnt changing his setlist, its probably a precursor for how this june tour is going to be. man and i was hoping for atonement from the variety-less 06 east coast swing.

Yeah, the east coast really gets the shaft when it comes to shows.

:rolleyes:
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    DOSW wrote:
    I was just about to say this.

You people who whine about the setlists not changing enough remind me of spoiled little girls whose parents buy them the wrong Barbie doll for Christmas.
    pj set the standard, i'm holding em to it.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    The numbers for me were 112 different songs ( including tags ) in 28 shows in '06. No complaints about lack of variety here. Including Crown of Thorns, Dirty Frank, Leash, I'm Open, Rats, Garden, Satan's bed, full blown Little Wing,Red Mosquito, You're True, Smile, Hawaii 78 twice , You Are, Mike's amazing rendition's of The Star Spangled Banner, etc.. etc... Yeah, a real lack of variety ( rolls eyes).
    take out camden 2 and grand rapids

then get back to me look at 05 03 00

ed is in a rut
  • Options
    NOCODE#1, you should bounce over to backstreets.com and meet Shiny Saw Blade. another phony complaining fan.
    pj and bruce do not deserve fans like you.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    06 blew and the variety was the lowest.

I can't believe you didn't have fun at the '06 shows. really, how can you say it blew? do you stand at your seat with a notebook or something critiquing the performance? oops, Matt missed that drum fill in Last Exit...dock him a point. Do the Evolution AGAIN!?! dock them three points for lack of variety. you're obviously not the type who raises his arm in a V during Jeremy, NOCODE#1. you probably call your frat buddies to check on the Red Sox score during the Evenflow solo. and I can understand that. how can you have fun when you've seen them perform Evenflow thirty times?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I, for one, am pretty damn excited about this tour. I'll be my first time seeing them. I would be pretty disappointed if we don't get boots but there will still be audience recordings (even if there is a 'no taping policy' ;)). And I think the setlists will vary significantly because, as people have mentioned, they aren't supporting an album anymore so they aren't obligated to play this or that every night.
    I'm actually looking forward to the possibility of getting a few surprises in the setlists.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    I can't believe you didn't have fun at the '06 shows. really, how can you say it blew? do you stand at your seat with a notebook or something critiquing the performance? oops, Matt missed that drum fill in Last Exit...dock him a point. Do the Evolution AGAIN!?! dock them three points for lack of variety. you're obviously not the type who raises his arm in a V during Jeremy, NOCODE#1. you probably call your frat buddies to check on the Red Sox score during the Evenflow solo. and I can understand that. how can you have fun when you've seen them perform Evenflow thirty times?
    hey i still love this band, i am just praying they mix it up 05 03 or 00 style. this wasnt meant to be trash 06 tour. look at the west coast of 06. amazing!
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    this thread is just silly

exactly
  • Options
    exactly
    so silly people responded for 6 pages :rolleyes:
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    so silly people responded for 6 pages :rolleyes:

i just think there is no evidence that pearl jam would start playing the same set list, especially when they seem to take a lot of pride in changing it up.

Ed's shows will not have any effect on PJ shows.
  • Options
    ok then!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    well they changed it up alot last year... for me...
    4 shows
    94 songs played in total
    59 different songs played
    19 songs i had never seen in 4 previous shows before 07 tour - 10 of those unheard songs were at 1 show!

i know they will change it up alot, they always have, and would never go down the road of a single setlist for a whole tour!

i look forward to seeing my stats after this year with 7 more shows!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    This is the stuff that pisses me off.
    Please play a 90 minute even flow at all 5 of my shows.

You guys and your rarity crap and complaining need to get over yourrselves. The band plays what they want. personly I loved my 5 shows through canada in 2005 with the greatest hits selection as you people called it.

You are all very annoying.
    the ones complain about set lists i mean.

Please god if i have to hear wash live again i will hang myself. But to you people its some big deal.

Jeremy Even flow Alive and ledbetter please. at EVERY show.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Please god if i have to hear wash live again i will hang myself. But to you people its some big deal.

Jeremy Even flow Alive and ledbetter please. at EVERY show.

i have never heard wash!
    i am happy with whatever they play, and i am looking forward to them dropping oddball raritys through the tour! i expect it to happen as they have a massive fan base in the north east as well :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Murderers wrote:
    It cant be boring enough for you to want to post in it. ;)

But I am very bored.

Man this thread SUCKS!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive