Options

This tour is in big trouble

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    mr positive strikes again...

hes been getting better though, I think he is suffering from paranoia.

He needs to not worry. eds sets look pretty good. I just checked, not a bunch differant from night too night, but over the course of 3 to 4 there is enough variation.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Ed solo isn't Pearl Jam. I think it'll be fine.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,492
    sward wrote:
    Since i'm only going to MSG 1, I'm quite confident I am going to get a nice mixed setlist ;-)
    The Canadian Tour was quite varied, and I think it will be similar here. But i've said this many times. If the 10C makes up 10% of the building (though I know that the MSG shows will represent more), 90% of the people in there are going to want to hear Alive, Betterman, Daughter....and not necessarily Wash and Around the Bend...know what I mean? I'm all for the band doing whatever it takes to get the crowd into it. I can piece the rarities later, if there are boots. As long as they throw me a bone for a song or two...what's the big deal? In Halifax, they started with Hard to Imagine...it was gold from that point on..didn't matter what song came next.

they played Education at Lollapalooza. :D
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    If you have been following since at least no code, you should no better than to ask a question like this.
    I am not even worried.
    yea it used to be like that but east 06 was lame
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    CharlieP wrote:
    I see what you mean regarding the 06 tour, but I´m not that worried.
    PJ always change up their setlists - more or less.

I´m seeing both MSG shows, convinced that I´ll hear a lot of different songs...

there is no way the set lists are going to not change, even the east coast 06 tour had variety in set lists

even though it wasn't as much as we like at times
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    yea it used to be like that but east 06 was lame

But Canada '05 was not. Conditions for this tour are pretty close to those of Canada '05. I think it will be a few pretty special shows this tour. Too bad I'm not going to be at any of them.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Ed is probably keeping the same setlists because,

1. this is his first time doing a solo tour
    2. wants to give everyone the same show because this is completely new and may not happen again
    3. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    given that Ed isnt changing his setlist, its probably a precursor for how this june tour is going to be. man and i was hoping for atonement from the variety-less 06 east coast swing.

In my opinion, there is no point of comparison between a Pearl Jam tour and the Ed solo tour (which he keeps on calling his experiment).

They've never played an entire tour of the same setlist not even similar... I don't see that changing now...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    have to hear songs from avocado?

nobody is forcing you.

I'm with justam, wait and see. I highly doubt it, this band is one of the very few that does not do the same setlists night after night.

Im still missing Big Wave from avocado (see it live I mean).... :D so bring on the Avocado songs!

I'm not worried about the setlists for June one bit.. I wish I could do more dates than the ones I'm doing, but I'm sure both FL shows will be awesome and completely different! :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    given that Ed isnt changing his setlist, its probably a precursor for how this june tour is going to be. man and i was hoping for atonement from the variety-less 06 east coast swing.
    Does Ed even have enough material to fill a set-list? Think about what you are saying. Of course the setlists are going to be just about the same every night. Simple math.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Ed is probably keeping the same setlists because,

1. this is his first time doing a solo tour
    2. wants to give everyone the same show because this is completely new and may not happen again
    3. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
    Amen to that.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    justam wrote:
    I don't think you can make an assumption like that.

Wait and see, okay?

exactly. given this is ed's FIRST SOLO tour...i do NOT in any way think it reflects on what a full PEARL JAM show will be like. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    justam wrote:
    I don't think you can make an assumption like that.

Wait and see, okay?
    what she said! i don't think there is any cause for worry...ed tour/PJ tour are apples and oranges
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Murderers wrote:
    Amen to that.

no problem :D
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    um... u guys do realize that ed is kind of limited to a small selection of stuff he can do by himself, right?

Ive never been to a bad show, so i have mucho faith in Ed's setlist capabilities :D
    Exactly. People are so pesemistic these days.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

In 06 I saw Albany, Hartford, Boston 1/2, Camden 1/2 and saw a huge variety of songs, including:

Rats
    Garden
    I'm Open
    Red Mosquito
    Satan's Bed
    Leash
    Wash
    Parachutes
    Sad
    Sleight Of Hand
    Glorified G
    Forever Young
    Green Disease
    Smile
    You Are

I don't think your assessment of '06 is accurate.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

I disagree. I don't think that Ed's tour has much bearing on Pearl Jam. In fact, with there not being a new album out for this tour...I expect PJ to break out a lot more No Code and Yield than they did in 2006.

http://www.projo.com/photos/20080204/sp0204_play_02-04-08_V18SJAB.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    No worries. Every show is different. Even if they did "copy exact" shows that would be the least of our problems. If they played one album-any album start to finish as a complete set list for one show I would be perfectly happy. Just getting to experience the band live is a privlege. Some people are getting spoiled by this band. Worrying about set list diversity should be the furthest thing from our minds.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    The 06 shows were the best!!!

Even E.Rutherford got graced with two full nights of non stop goodness. Tons of goodies and rarities. I was shocked.
  • Options
    I disagree. I don't think that Ed's tour has much bearing on Pearl Jam. In fact, with there not being a new album out for this tour...I expect PJ to break out a lot more No Code and Yield than they did in 2006.

http://www.projo.com/photos/20080204/sp0204_play_02-04-08_V18SJAB.jpg

Hopefully some Binaural too. In 4 shows I've only seen two Binaural songs. Kind of crazy.
  • Options

They've never played an entire tour of the same setlist not even similar... I don't see that changing now...
    no but with the exception of camden 2 and grand rapids the 06 east swing tour was pretty darn close :)
  • Options
    The 06 shows were the best!!!

Even E.Rutherford got graced with two full nights of non stop goodness. Tons of goodies and rarities. I was shocked.
    yeah when they started the exact same 5 songs both nights wow

please dont tell me garden and rats were the rares of the east coast tour in 06 they werent that rare. and leash was played at every show basically.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

06 blew and the variety was the lowest.
  • Options
    This is a ridiculous asumption in the history Pearl Jam have they ever played the same show twice, maybe at the beginning with one album but even then they started throwing in random covers and b-sides etc. Ed doesn't have atenth of the material to play as the the band does. Plus, the songs he is doing are the ones everyone should want to hear. It was just what I expected at both Vancouver shows, which were briliant by the way. I do think that this tour wasn't quite as geared to traveling fans, as a PJ tour though. But he has never done it before it's a prototype and "experiment" as he mentioned in Vancouver. Maybe that's why there the strict rules on audio and video recording?
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

I don't know. I pretty much loved all 3 shows I saw in '06.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    In 06 I saw Albany, Hartford, Boston 1/2, Camden 1/2 and saw a huge variety of songs, including:

Rats
    Garden
    I'm Open
    Red Mosquito
    Satan's Bed
    Leash
    Wash
    Parachutes
    Sad
    Sleight Of Hand
    Glorified G
    Forever Young
    Green Disease
    Smile
    You Are

That's awesome. Sad. Parachutes. Glorified G. Satan's Bed. Leash. Wash. Rats. Garden. I'm jelouse!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    yosi wrote:
    Hopefully some Binaural too. In 4 shows I've only seen two Binaural songs. Kind of crazy.

yeah the song selection on the 2006 tour was quite odd. Ten, Vs, Vitalogy and the newest album dominated the sets. I saw three shows in 2006 (both Camdens and E. Rutherford 1). Here are the No Code, Yield, Binaural, and Riot Act songs I heard:

No Code: Lukin, Present Tense
    Yield : Given To Fly, Wishlist, Do the Evolution (only the singles)
    Binaural: Grievance
    Riot Act: Green Disease, You Are, Save You, I Am Mine

10 songs off of 4 of their studio albums over the course of 3 consecutive concerts? that seemed weird. Yet I saw Leash three straight times. Odd to see only these three Yield songs. DTE is played almost every night but it seemed at the time likely to hear Given to Fly and Faithful one night and maybe Wishlist and MFC the next to go along with two Do the Evolutions...or something like that.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

We all have our own opinions I suppose. I think you are dead wrong.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    holy fuck some fans are just so clueless not one show yet in 08 and it's in trouble stop smoking the crack dude ,from my experience every tour that they do when not supporting a new record has been outstanding .....i never ?? the set list's ever .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....