Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

Comments

• Options
    Flying in from Edmonton the day of the show(got an early flight just to make sure). Pre-party newbie but myself and my roomy would like to join.
  • Options
    ok so heres the deal with the Kingston, in order to book the downstairs rec room, there needs to be no minors or else its gotta be upstairs in the restaurant area, so if there is any minors attending please raise your hand now.

also in order to reserve for a large party there is basically a $4000 fee, we dont have to pay this right up front but our COMBINED tab between ALL of us needs to come to 4000$, so say it comes to 2500$ we would need to fork over 1500$ in rental fees, the wife and I discussed this briefly and we are thinking it would be maybe a better idea for all of us locals to meet well before the show at the Kingston instead of booking, like at 130 or 2 pm for those that can make it at this time, we will then basically "take over" the downstairs rec room and the rest are free to join whenever they want, it will be pretty dead in there at 2 so if 15-25 of us all show up at the same time we will be able to basically reserve the entire downstairs while swindiling our way out of paying the set fee. or if its the general consensus that we will spend 4000$ dollars total we can book it but we feel that its pretty risky.

Let me know what everyone thinks.....

also I know there is some animosity between the pit and RM, does anyone have moral objections with me posting the specs about the meet up over there ????
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,145
    ok so heres the deal with the Kingston, in order to book the downstairs rec room, there needs to be no minors or else its gotta be upstairs in the restaurant area, so if there is any minors attending please raise your hand now.

also in order to reserve for a large party there is basically a $4000 fee, we dont have to pay this right up front but our COMBINED tab between ALL of us needs to come to 4000$, so say it comes to 2500$ we would need to fork over 1500$ in rental fees, the wife and I discussed this briefly and we are thinking it would be maybe a better idea for all of us locals to meet well before the show at the Kingston instead of booking, like at 130 or 2 pm for those that can make it at this time, we will then basically "take over" the downstairs rec room and the rest are free to join whenever they want, it will be pretty dead in there at 2 so if 15-25 of us all show up at the same time we will be able to basically reserve the entire downstairs while swindiling our way out of paying the set fee. or if its the general consensus that we will spend 4000$ dollars total we can book it but we feel that its pretty risky.

also I know there is some animosity between the pit and RM, does anyone have moral objections with me posting the specs about the meet up over there ????

Sounds like a good plan .....I will not be able to come until after work so probably between 4:30 and 5:30
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    No minors here!!

We're driving in, so we won't be in until sometime later that afternoon, probably 4 or 5, maybe earlier. I agree that paying to rent the entire place is pretty risky, could you imagine if only a small handful of people show? OUCH!!
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    drsnjrg wrote:
    No minors here!!

We're driving in, so we won't be in until sometime later that afternoon, probably 4 or 5, maybe earlier. I agree that paying to rent the entire place is pretty risky, could you imagine if only a small handful of people show? OUCH!!
    i think there is one or two minors.
    not meeee tho! horahh! take that USA!

i can come around 2 prob! if i get home from europe in time!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Europe? Nice!! This is my vacation LOL We just moved a few months ago and have too many renovations to get done, so this is the best "vacation" we're getting for this year
  • Options
    drsnjrg wrote:
    Europe? Nice!! This is my vacation LOL We just moved a few months ago and have too many renovations to get done, so this is the best "vacation" we're getting for this year
    whereabouts are you?
  • Options
    whereabouts are you?
    Kootenay country :D You?
  • Options
    drsnjrg wrote:
    Kootenay country :D You?
    langley :P
    uggghhhh sooooooOOOoo lame.
  • Options
    langley :P
    uggghhhh sooooooOOOoo lame.
    Langley's not lame! We visited some relatives of a buddy of ours, it's a nice place!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Anyone wanna hit up Whistler on the 1st?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Anyone wanna hit up Whistler on the 1st?
    if theres no show in seattle i would...
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785

I'll be there with one other person too, and I'm thinking- do we have a count yet on how many people will be there total? I guess if we had a roster- it would be easier to do the math. I hosted the first CCFA benefit in Vancouver '05 and a lot of people showed up that didn't say they were coming, but a quite a few didn't show up that I was expecting to see- although I hear a lot of people got hung up in traffic. As a side note- the place we hosted the pre-party (Yale) at was pretty useless for providing us with support or help of any kind. Plus the service pretty much sucked balls despite the fact I was in regular contact before hand for several weeks with management giving them plenty of notice and programming. The local CCFA people were fantastic though!

I guess the point being, I wouldn't neccesarily make any overatures to the venue financially, but you might present it to them as a succesful charity event that has been moved from its previous location because of a lack of support- as well as give them a heads up for staffing about the influx of nut jobs like us. I think if it's presented to management as such, we could easily fill up the downstairs and would have no problems reaching expenditures that would more than compensate them for their accomodations.

Lastly, I think everyone from RM should know about it too. Gimmee a break- a feud between fans of two different message boards- that is so juvenile. I am embarassed to even hear about it...
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    if theres no show in seattle i would...

Cool, keep me in the loop then.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Cool, keep me in the loop then.
    and of course if i get my flights worked out hahaha.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    mdgsolo wrote:
    I'll be there with one other person too, and I'm thinking- do we have a count yet on how many people will be there total? I guess if we had a roster- it would be easier to do the math. I hosted the first CCFA benefit in Vancouver '05 and a lot of people showed up that didn't say they were coming, but a quite a few didn't show up that I was expecting to see- although I hear a lot of people got hung up in traffic. As a side note- the place we hosted the pre-party (Yale) at was pretty useless for providing us with support or help of any kind. Plus the service pretty much sucked balls despite the fact I was in regular contact before hand for several weeks with management giving them plenty of notice and programming. The local CCFA people were fantastic though!

I guess the point being, I wouldn't neccesarily make any overatures to the venue financially, but you might present it to them as a succesful charity event that has been moved from its previous location because of a lack of support- as well as give them a heads up for staffing about the influx of nut jobs like us. I think if it's presented to management as such, we could easily fill up the downstairs and would have no problems reaching expenditures that would more than compensate them for their accomodations.

Lastly, I think everyone from RM should know about it too. Gimmee a break- a feud between fans of two different message boards- that is so juvenile. I am embarassed to even hear about it...
    I agree with all of this. As far as a roster, isn't the list in 1st post a minimal? I know for a fact some that are coming that aren't on the list, so it should more than make up for the few that can't make it. Plus, it's early yet, way more people will add their names I'm sure. Also, I agree it should be posted on RM. The more the merrier! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Doin' my best to keep up with the "roster"... at this point we should have around 70 people from this board alone (assuming everyone brings a friend)...

And if mgdsolo wants to help out with the Wishlist stuff (along with Foxymop), please do so! I have no idea what I'm doing! I feel like I'm floundering already. Getting the stuff from Wishlist to BC might take a long time, and it would be best to go to someone on the mainland anyway (I'm on Vancouver Island - and no, Vancouver is not on an island)...

I will be in touch with the Vancouver Chapter of Surfrider to see if anyone from there would like to attend the pre-party...I will also email CFOX and a couple of radio/broadcasting folk I know that maybe could come and MC or maybe cough up some goodies.... I emailed Ten Club regarding any specific or general cause Ed wanted us to support, but I have not heard back (busy sorting out the ticket issues, I imagine)....

Whew! More updates to come, I'm sure!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I'll be there for the pre-party, now I just need tickets for the show! :p
  • Options
    Doin' my best to keep up with the "roster"... at this point we should have around 70 people from this board alone (assuming everyone brings a friend)...

And if mgdsolo wants to help out with the Wishlist stuff (along with Foxymop), please do so! I have no idea what I'm doing! I feel like I'm floundering already. Getting the stuff from Wishlist to BC might take a long time, and it would be best to go to someone on the mainland anyway (I'm on Vancouver Island - and no, Vancouver is not on an island)...

I will be in touch with the Vancouver Chapter of Surfrider to see if anyone from there would like to attend the pre-party...I will also email CFOX and a couple of radio/broadcasting folk I know that maybe could come and MC or maybe cough up some goodies.... I emailed Ten Club regarding any specific or general cause Ed wanted us to support, but I have not heard back (busy sorting out the ticket issues, I imagine)....

Hey, if you want to have Laura send the stuff to me I'd be glad to bring it up. I'll pm Laura and see what she says. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options

yeah or you can have it sent here, i live like 3 blocks from rhe kingston and the cnetre.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    That would be awesome! Please bring that stuff up....!!! Yay!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785

It sounds like wolfbear is on it like a bonnet. However, if the need for help with Wishlist or whatever arises- just let me know- I'd be glad to do what I can. One suggestion- I don't care how gay it sounds- is name tag stickers. OK, I may get the Geek One award for this, but wouldn't be nice to put faces with screen names- especially for those who travel long distances or don't feel as connected as they like. I remember there were a couple of dudes from so Cal (u reading this?) that were riding me about this one at the last Vancouver pre-party, but everyone knows they've been huffing smog too long as it is- what's a little more hot air ;)

Good clear communication with the venue management is so important- especially since it would suck to be staffed and provisioned for a nice quiet wedensday night and then have 100 thirsty, hungry, voiciferous pearl jam fans decend on your establishment and leave it looking like a leaf skeleton ater a gypsy moth infestation.
  • Options
    I'll be there with friends. I think this may be the first time i have posted in years. Caught up in the moment i guess. It will be great to meet a bunch of you folks.
  • Options
    mdgsolo wrote:
    It sounds like wolfbear is on it like a bonnet. However, if the need for help with Wishlist or whatever arises- just let me know- I'd be glad to do what I can. One suggestion- I don't care how gay it sounds- is name tag stickers. OK, I may get the Geek One award for this, but wouldn't be nice to put faces with screen names- especially for those who travel long distances or don't feel as connected as they like. I remember there were a couple of dudes from so Cal (u reading this?) that were riding me about this one at the last Vancouver pre-party, but everyone knows they've been huffing smog too long as it is- what's a little more hot air ;)

Good clear communication with the venue management is so important- especially since it would suck to be staffed and provisioned for a nice quiet wedensday night and then have 100 thirsty, hungry, voiciferous pearl jam fans decend on your establishment and leave it looking like a leaf skeleton ater a gypsy moth infestation.

I hear ya...I think equallyworthless is ontop of the whole venue thing...

Wolfbear is going to bring the Wishlist stuff...

I think maybe it's time to start asking for donations for auction items (if we have an auction or just prize draws)...and such...

but for sure I will be calling on you, mdgsolo! Your location says Bend, Oregon, but I trust you when you say you're in Vancouver...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I hear ya...I think equallyworthless is ontop of the whole venue thing...

Wolfbear is going to bring the Wishlist stuff...

I think maybe it's time to start asking for donations for auction items (if we have an auction or just prize draws)...and such...

but for sure I will be calling on you, mdgsolo! Your location says Bend, Oregon, but I trust you when you say you're in Vancouver...
    i've been racking my brain for auction stuff, i dont have much, but i have a coworker who gives me stuff from time to time maybe i'll ask him, today he gave me a backstage pass from the '00 tour when he saw them vip at the commodore...
  • Options
    mdgsolo wrote:

Love your idea about name tags! For the record and to start if off wolfbear=Denise. :) Or were you talking actual pictures? Now I'm confused. lol
    Plus, V10 I am bringing some stuff to donate as well. I'll send a list when I have it figured out. Also, you're a bit early on the Wishlist stuff as I haven't heard back from Laura yet. There may be someone coming from Chicago that would make it even easier? If not, I'll be glad to bring them for sure, and I have pm'd her. :)
  • Options
    i've been racking my brain for auction stuff, i dont have much, but i have a coworker who gives me stuff from time to time maybe i'll ask him, today he gave me a backstage pass from the '00 tour when he saw them vip at the commodore...

wow! this thread is moving!! i have probably 8 people plus Born.Mine.Die and myself, so that is like 10 to my name, lots of people are excited for this the yale was packed in 05!!! lets make this bigger and better...oh yeah, the plan to take over the rec the day of is OF COURSE a lot better than the 4,000$ thing. lets do it, unless im driving back from seattle from the april fools day show in seattle, i will have nothing to do, so i can be there anytime....lemme know

i will bring to the auction the following personal items:

new york 1 2003 commercial boot
    new york 2 2003 commercial boot
    mansfield 2003 commercial boot
    2006 pearl jam world wide tour poster

and maybe more to come depending on what we get.

this is so exciting to have everyone coming to van!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i also agree that the venue should know what is gonna hit them, but being close to the center, i think they will clue in that that wednesday could be busy....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i have a creased gorge 06 poster... if its creased, is it no good? its just been sitting in my closet... if theres a way of fixing it i can donate that?
  • Options
    i have a creased gorge 06 poster... if its creased, is it no good? its just been sitting in my closet... if theres a way of fixing it i can donate that?
    I'm sure some would love it! That's a great donation imo. :)