Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

Comments

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    when i fly back from europe i'll be flying into seattle and coming up, so if thers anything you need to send with me i can bring it up no problem :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    when i fly back from europe i'll be flying into seattle and coming up, so if thers anything you need to send with me i can bring it up no problem :)
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    You guys can add me to the list as well. Look forward to meeting you all. :)
    Hell yea! Let the party begin!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    I feel left out :(
    come!
  • Options
    mdgsolo wrote:
    It sounds like wolfbear is on it like a bonnet. However, if the need for help with Wishlist or whatever arises- just let me know- I'd be glad to do what I can. One suggestion- I don't care how gay it sounds- is name tag stickers. OK, I may get the Geek One award for this, but wouldn't be nice to put faces with screen names- especially for those who travel long distances or don't feel as connected as they like. I remember there were a couple of dudes from so Cal (u reading this?) that were riding me about this one at the last Vancouver pre-party, but everyone knows they've been huffing smog too long as it is- what's a little more hot air ;)

Good clear communication with the venue management is so important- especially since it would suck to be staffed and provisioned for a nice quiet wedensday night and then have 100 thirsty, hungry, voiciferous pearl jam fans decend on your establishment and leave it looking like a leaf skeleton ater a gypsy moth infestation.
    What a flippin GEEK!!!! hehehe-

I've already let Laura know I will be there as well to offer my services for the pre-party. Not sure if it's been decided upon who will host. I'll run over to the Wishlist page and see whats going on as far as organization for Vancouver...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    What a flippin GEEK!!!! hehehe-

I've already let Laura know I will be there as well to offer my services for the pre-party. Not sure if it's been decided upon who will host. I'll run over to the Wishlist page and see whats going on as far as organization for Vancouver...

Your a great host Lisa. :D
  • Options
    So... umm... they got like, Coffee shops in Vancouver right? :D
    Damn good question. Can we all have someone meet us and hook us all up all at once? hehehehe

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Damn good question. Can we all have someone meet us and hook us all up all at once? hehehehe
    mmmm... i love coffeeeeee, and this may add again to my theory of 'coffee and pearl jam'
  • Options
    Your a great host Lisa. :D
    Thanks Patrick! I had an absolute BLAST hosting the Vegas preparty! got to meet so many incredible fans, including YOU!!!!!!

there is a lot of work, planning ,executing that goes into this though. It might take all of us pitching in to pull it off..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Thanks Patrick! I had an absolute BLAST hosting the Vegas preparty! got to meet so many incredible fans, including YOU!!!!!!

there is a lot of work, planning ,executing that goes into this though. It might take all of us pitching in to pull it off..

Yea but it sounds like plenty will be up for helping out in Vancouver. :)

Ummm send the coffee man towards LA and San Diego. hehehehe :D
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Fa la la la la

la la la bump
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    So since I dont live in Vancouver and have never been to The Center before I phoned them to find out how many seats are in the venue.

Woman said...
    Over 1800.

Over?
    Man thats gonna be tiny!

This makes me even more excited! :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Count me in.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    So since I dont live in Vancouver and have never been to The Center before I phoned them to find out how many seats are in the venue.

Woman said...
    Over 1800.

Over?
    Man thats gonna be tiny!

This makes me even more excited! :D
    i've never been there and i've lived in the lower mainland nearly my whole life.
    go to the site, look at the pics!! omgt he pics got me sooo excited...
  • Options
    i've never been there and i've lived in the lower mainland nearly my whole life.
    go to the site, look at the pics!! omgt he pics got me sooo excited...

i saw damien rice there, its a nice place , amazing acoustics
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    which year was that? i'd love to have seen damien rice i think i missed him last time around
  • Options
    which year was that? i'd love to have seen damien rice i think i missed him last time around

it was in april 07
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

Yeah, it's an awesome place to see music...I saw OLP there but I was second row, so I am excited to see how Eddie's voice sounds in such an acoustically efficient theatre!
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    mandalina is the best, shabam
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    mandalina is the best, shabam

i think these are our first posts in years? haha
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    First post updated...and now I am signing off for the time being... Thanks everyone! Pearl Jam fans are AWESOME!

Hey Ed! Want to come and auction a few things off for us? I'm sure EVERYONE will buy you a barrel of Pinot!!!

further update: the Vancouver Chapter of Surfrider has been contacted (moments ago) and we await their response. It seems that the donation can go directly to them instead of through the main US Head Office...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    local media has to be alerted, radio, papers - get more people involved, not just 10c, ticket master crowd, people who collect rock memos - if we do want to raise highest funds!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    local media has to be alerted, radio, papers - get more people involved, not just 10c, ticket master crowd, people who collect rock memos - if we do want to raise highest funds!
    i think for the local station you contact marcy mallioux... i think shes the one who announces whats going on in the city and the curent concert listings... though i don't know if the station would consider it relevant enough to get involved.
    i dont know how these things work
  • Options
    i think for the local station you contact marcy mallioux... i think shes the one who announces whats going on in the city and the curent concert listings... though i don't know if the station would consider it relevant enough to get involved.
    i dont know how these things work

Local community activity, for a good cause, especially under such an event - Eds first show of his first solo tour - him inspiring his fans to contribure - definitely of interest. A great press release could come out of it. You might want to work together with surfrider on the matter and incorporate the bar, if they get good publicity out of it we might be able to have them sponsor the event. All it takes is a little pre-grunt work, but these things do happen. I wish I could have the time to prepare this, but I have my own event to promote here in Seattle...
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    bumpidy bump.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    Good luck to anyone trying Ticketmaster this morning!!
  • Options
    Hey, just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a decent or halfway-decent hotel/motel room in Vancouver near the show?
    Huh?!
    Seattle-11/5/00
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    The Gorge 7/22/06
    Vancouver 4/3/08
  • Options
    anyone have an extra to sell me for vancouver night 2?! Im desperate!
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Options
    PurlGurl wrote:
    Hey, just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a decent or halfway-decent hotel/motel room in Vancouver near the show?
    http://map.mapnetwork.com/destination/vancouver/

If that site doesn't work, it's tourismvancouver.com, then go to Travel Tips and click Maps, then go to their interactive map. It's pretty neat, shows you everything that's near the venue.