Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

Comments

• Options
    i have a creased gorge 06 poster... if its creased, is it no good? its just been sitting in my closet... if theres a way of fixing it i can donate that?

bring it, somebody would love it....is it the monkey or the cliff? i dont even have the monkey!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    bring it, somebody would love it....is it the monkey or the cliff? i dont even have the monkey!!!
    monkey...
    dont have it? wait.. on second thought, check ebay in about 5 minutes... i hope you have 2341 dollars lying around...

;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    i also agree that the venue should know what is gonna hit them, but being close to the center, i think they will clue in that that wednesday could be busy....

yeah my wife talked to one of the managers there, and because its a big place they are aware of all the events going on around them.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    So... umm... they got like, Coffee shops in Vancouver right? :D
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    So... umm... they got like, Coffee shops in Vancouver right? :D

whats a coffee ? shop ?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Are we talking about the coffe shops that sell more than just coffee?
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    genevieve wrote:
    Are we talking about the coffe shops that sell more than just coffee?
    Haha, yes they have them in Vancouver. :) I don't know of any though. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    mdgsolo wrote:
    It sounds like wolfbear is on it like a bonnet. However, if the need for help with Wishlist or whatever arises- just let me know- I'd be glad to do what I can. One suggestion- I don't care how gay it sounds- is name tag stickers. OK, I may get the Geek One award for this, but wouldn't be nice to put faces with screen names- especially for those who travel long distances or don't feel as connected as they like. I remember there were a couple of dudes from so Cal (u reading this?) that were riding me about this one at the last Vancouver pre-party, but everyone knows they've been huffing smog too long as it is- what's a little more hot air ;)

Good clear communication with the venue management is so important- especially since it would suck to be staffed and provisioned for a nice quiet wedensday night and then have 100 thirsty, hungry, voiciferous pearl jam fans decend on your establishment and leave it looking like a leaf skeleton ater a gypsy moth infestation.

there are equipped to deal with large parties, its one of their fortes, Rascal Flatts is playing GM Place that night so its gonna be rocking whether were there or not, pretty much anywhere in that area.

about the nametags idea, maybe we could start a facebook group specifically dedicated to the preparty and on the main discussion page everyone posts there username , its easy to put a face to a name that way, we could still do name tags or badges or something byut this might reduce some of the franticness of that.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Yeah Im not into that whole thing but I have heard there are some around.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    about the nametags idea, maybe we could start a facebook group specifically dedicated to the preparty and on the main discussion page everyone posts there username , its easy to put a face to a name that way, we could still do name tags or badges or something byut this might reduce some of the franticness of that.

in my vancoucer pearl jam fan page, which i know lots of vancouver jammers are already in, could host the preparty activities.... there is already a little discussion thing started about who you are on the message pit...

check it:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2350014744
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    in my vancoucer pearl jam fan page, which i know lots of vancouver jammers are already in, could host the preparty activities.... there is already a little discussion thing started about who you are on the message pit...

check it:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2350014744

although, because it is a vancouver network based group, can you join? anyways its just a thought
  • Options
    although, because it is a vancouver network based group, can you join? anyways its just a thought
    are you going to make an event page hosted by the group?
  • Options
    are you going to make an event page hosted by the group?

okay, i can do that....!
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so there its done! its open to everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8369066483

join. and we shall plan
  • Options

join. and we shall plan
    horay i'm the only confirmed guest.
    party by myself!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    horay i'm the only confirmed guest.
    party by myself!

At least you don't have to sneak in ;):D
    NERDS!
  • Options

join. and we shall plan

done and done

first post on the wall bitches!!!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    At least you don't have to sneak in ;):D
    i'ma bring a fake id, just for the hell of it.
  • Options
    so anyone want to guess who i am ??

Mrs Worthless lol
    2006 :
    ASTORIA & COMPLETE EURO LEG & COMPLETE AUSSIE LEG

2008 :
    VANCOUVER 1&2; MSG 1&2; HARTFORD; MANSFIELD 1&2

2009:
    SEATTLE 1&2; VANCOUVER
  • Options
    alright, im out, i will see yall in the morning, when we all get presale tickets smoothly. :D
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I like how the Centre lists the show as Eddie Vender :)

Maybe it'll throw people off.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I like how the Centre lists the show as Eddie Vender :)

Maybe it'll throw people off.
    unless there's a surge of people interested in scoring tickets for someone selling potato chips and snacks, fresh lemonade maybe?
  • Options

join. and we shall plan

I'm confirmed and looking forward to it! I've got my hotel booked right around the corner! We fly in late Tuesday night, so if there's something I can do during the day on Wednesday, I'm all yours! I've done a bit of fundraising and party events in the past... but I have absolutely zero contacts in Vancouver... so let me know... pm me here, or on facebook.
    Psyched for my first 10C pre-party!!!

Also... have we made a decision on which organization we're planning on supporting? (I may have missed it browsing through all these pages... my eyes are a bit tired tonight!!!) What is it that Ed's raising funds for... is that anything we may want to support too, or are we going our own route?
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    If you all don't mind, I thought I'd chime in with some advice/past experience. Take it with a grain of salt, as there is no real 'method' to setting up these things.
    ok so heres the deal with the Kingston, in order to book the downstairs rec room, there needs to be no minors or else its gotta be upstairs in the restaurant area, so if there is any minors attending please raise your hand now.

also in order to reserve for a large party there is basically a $4000 fee, we dont have to pay this right up front but our COMBINED tab between ALL of us needs to come to 4000$, so say it comes to 2500$ we would need to fork over 1500$ in rental fees, the wife and I discussed this briefly and we are thinking it would be maybe a better idea for all of us locals to meet well before the show at the Kingston instead of booking, like at 130 or 2 pm for those that can make it at this time, we will then basically "take over" the downstairs rec room and the rest are free to join whenever they want, it will be pretty dead in there at 2 so if 15-25 of us all show up at the same time we will be able to basically reserve the entire downstairs while swindiling our way out of paying the set fee. or if its the general consensus that we will spend 4000$ dollars total we can book it but we feel that its pretty risky.

Let me know what everyone thinks.....

also I know there is some animosity between the pit and RM, does anyone have moral objections with me posting the specs about the meet up over there ????

I definitely recommend not committing to any financial obligation. When we've contacted venue's in the past, it does take some explanation. Here's what I've said:

"Hi.. I'm interested in hosting a fundraiser at your bar/restaurant prior to the Pearl Jam concert at X. We are not looking to reserve a party room, as everyone will be paying their own food/bar tab individually. What we will need is two six-foot tables for our fundraising merchandise, access to a mic or PA system for our raffle and the ability to play PJ DVD's or music over your media system."

"What we will provide you is promotion for your bar and a stellar night of profit. We intend on contacting radio station x to promote this party, posting it on MySpace, Facebook, etc. This promotion will include your bar name, address, website and phone number."
    Maybe put a sign out front to draw the street crowd. Work out some kind of drink special or something.

Like someone else mentioned before, alert them to the fact that they will want to add additional wait/bar staff, as most parties (even the smaller less-attendance ones) have had at least 100 people at them at any given time.

"As far as profits are concerned, we can provide references from past bars we've held fundraisers in. In Chicago, the bar tripled their beer sales for the evening and earned 60% more in profits than a normal night." (I might add other bars if the bar person seems unsure.)

You may want to sell them on the fact that they are getting free promotion and we're a very food/beverage consuming crowd :D

Definitely post the info on RM, and even on BRY :) We've had lots of people show up from there before...
    I will be in touch with the Vancouver Chapter of Surfrider to see if anyone from there would like to attend the pre-party...I will also email CFOX and a couple of radio/broadcasting folk I know that maybe could come and MC or maybe cough up some goodies....

Maybe the Surfrider Foundation has brochures or something to donate (and/or if they don't send anyone to the party).

Definitely contact the promotions departments of the radio stations. Liam/DarkStar and Brent/PissBottleMan have had great success w/getting the radio stations to donate stuff in the past.
    wolfbear wrote:
    Hey, if you want to have Laura send the stuff to me I'd be glad to bring it up. I'll pm Laura and see what she says. :)

Sweet D! We'll end up either sending them to you or Jason from Touring Van, depending on what shows he decides to do. We figure we can send them to you Vancouver people and have one of you bring the remaining merch down to the next show (and the next show, etc. etc.) - saves on shipping!

We'll end up sending shirts, stickers, wristbands, and some other stuff. Depending on how big the box is and how much room is left over, we can also send a roll of raffle tickets. I would highly recommend that one of you get a cash box for the money so it doesn't get mingled with someone's bar tab :D Once we have a more definitive count on which cities are having fundraisers, we'll can ask 10C if they would consider donating autographed items for raffle/auction. I suppose they'd all come to us or we can get them each organizers address for individual mailing, if 10C is wants to/has time to donate stuff.

If someone wants to volunteer handling a scrapbook, we can send up the materials for that as well. Scrapbooks are fun - someone with a Polaroid camera takes your pic (if you want) and you write a note to Ed. Then either someone gets it onstage to Ed or we can try to have it passed on to mgmt. to give to Ed. Another great way to raise money and get people to voice their love for Ed (&PJ).
    mdgsolo wrote:
    One suggestion- I don't care how gay it sounds- is name tag stickers. OK, I may get the Geek One award for this, but wouldn't be nice to put faces with screen names- especially for those who travel long distances or don't feel as connected as they like.

Name tags rock! $3.99 @ Office Depot - you can get the OD brand address labels. They work great as name tags and, I believe, cheaper than the "Hello, My Name Is:" LOL

You guys are rockin this thread :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I feel left out :(
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 788
    How about the three legged race? Ha! Just kidding. Nice work everyone. Good suggestions.
  • Options
    I joined the event page!!

This will be my first time meeting fellow Jammers before a show. I'm stoked!
  • Options
    wow foxymop, thanks for all that input....very good stuff.

who are you going to be in contact with the most for this fundraiser, Mrsvedder and vedderfan?? let me know if i can help, i met you in philly, but i have never been apart of a fundraiser, but would love to help out!

i think equallyworthless should follow your instructions and deal with the taphouse, get the tables and mic and media access confirmed...
  • Options
    vedderfan10 if you could edit your original post and put the event page link, we need to get that thing going, it would be much more concise communication. thanks!