Project #4 - a Live Vitalogy era Compilation

Comments

• myramyra Posts: 1,257
    myra wrote:

:o This sure as hell is the first time I've ever been labelled a conservative :lol::lol: Am not sure I'll manage to get over it :lol:
    Hahaha.... sorry about that. You know what I meant though.... :)
    tremors wrote:
    Sorry, I think it was me that introduced the 'conservative' concept. Conservative in the literal rather than political sense I meant! ;)

:lol: I'm ready to play the part of the conservative if needed :lol:
    I'll try and help - that's only fair considering how I enjoyed the previous projects, but I don't have that much material and surely don't have you guys' insight and knowledge.
  • tremors wrote:
    Wow...

You guys are awesome with all of these suggestions. I am going to have to do quite a bit of homework, but that's ok it will be fun. These projects are the most fun when everybody gets involved like you guys have. Thank you and keep these ideas flowing. I love it.

btw...

Being that I am a big PT/Who fan, there is a good chance the "Let My Love Open The Door" and "Leaving Here" could find themselves on this compilation :D

One more thing for you guys to think about, what is your thought on having "Little Wing/Maggot Brain" from Summerfest '95 on this compilation. (Chad Smith from the RHCP handles drums on this track)?

I think all of those covers could be good - though I don't remember exactly how they all go right now - in general though, having more covers and other songs in this compilation seems to make sense.

My instinct now is telling me we could try taking the album tracklist as the framework, and respecting the order where possible - but opening with Long Road - and putting the covers in in place of the studio based pieces, and maybe two in a row, then back to the album - a few sounds from Self Pollution for good measure thrown in there. It might work - Like with the Vs collection I found that a change from the Fox served as a little 'detour' in my mind. So we could use the breaks to go on a little detour into other material, and then back to the flow of the album tracks maybe. What do you think?

I think the advantage of having the album of the framework is it gives some structure and reassurance, and will spare some headaches. The challenge then becomes to make the thing 'work' for the listener - which we will have to do either way anyway. My hunch is we could get it to work, going off on a few detours......

Yeah, you are right. We got to go back to the basic framework of the album and go from there. A couple of covers will be nice, but with all of the stuff we have there is no way possible to fit it on one disc. All of this discussion is a lot of fun.

I am going to check out those improvs now.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • MyluckyhandMyluckyhand Auckland New Zealand Posts: 103
    Not sure if its been mentioned but........there is a live version of "I got You " by Split ends (an NZ band) on the crowed house single "everything is good for you" It was recorded with Eddie's friend (and Liam Finns dad) Neil Finn in 25th March 1995 Mt Smart Super top. It may be a worthy addition??
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:
    Wow...

You guys are awesome with all of these suggestions. I am going to have to do quite a bit of homework, but that's ok it will be fun. These projects are the most fun when everybody gets involved like you guys have. Thank you and keep these ideas flowing. I love it.

btw...

Being that I am a big PT/Who fan, there is a good chance the "Let My Love Open The Door" and "Leaving Here" could find themselves on this compilation :D

One more thing for you guys to think about, what is your thought on having "Little Wing/Maggot Brain" from Summerfest '95 on this compilation. (Chad Smith from the RHCP handles drums on this track)?

I think all of those covers could be good - though I don't remember exactly how they all go right now - in general though, having more covers and other songs in this compilation seems to make sense.

My instinct now is telling me we could try taking the album tracklist as the framework, and respecting the order where possible - but opening with Long Road - and putting the covers in in place of the studio based pieces, and maybe two in a row, then back to the album - a few sounds from Self Pollution for good measure thrown in there. It might work - Like with the Vs collection I found that a change from the Fox served as a little 'detour' in my mind. So we could use the breaks to go on a little detour into other material, and then back to the flow of the album tracks maybe. What do you think?

I think the advantage of having the album of the framework is it gives some structure and reassurance, and will spare some headaches. The challenge then becomes to make the thing 'work' for the listener - which we will have to do either way anyway. My hunch is we could get it to work, going off on a few detours......

Yeah, you are right. We got to go back to the basic framework of the album and go from there. A couple of covers will be nice, but with all of the stuff we have there is no way possible to fit it on one disc. All of this discussion is a lot of fun.

I am going to check out those improvs now.

Am I right that from yesterday's discussion, if we are in agreement on this - that the challenge is to compile onto one disc a compilation that starts with Long Road, finishes with the Dave Grohl RITFW, includes improvs and maybe covers in place of Bugs, Pry to, Foxymop etc (maybe going from an improv to a cover if we have the space), draws on Merkinball, and has a few pieces from Self Pollution Radio for atmosphere.....?
    I am not familiar with Self Pollution Radio, but I think it makes sense to include a Live Merkinball as far as possible, since those songs are clearly part of the Vitalogy era, and have remained in the live set.

So yeah, if this is the way we are going we will need to select some good live versions, home in on certain improvs, and identify the covers we want. Cameron4President, do you feel able to post a provisional tracklist (without needed to say which performances 100% yet) based on the discussions so far? Is this wolfamongwolves' tracklist mainly or is it something different?
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    edited November 2010
    If Sonic Reducer is out (and that makes sense since it was on the vs. compilation), that could make space for Falling Down. I think Little Wing/Maggot Brain would be great too, but given how long it is mightn't fit if you're trying to stick to one disc.

As for sources, my 2 cents would be that any shows that were broadcast on Monkeywrench Radio would be the obvious starting points. But that would only be the US shows. I know the quality on some of the Aus/Asian shows is not great, but I don't know if there are ones that are comparable.
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    If Sonic Reducer is out (and that makes sense since it was on the vs. compilation), that could make space for Falling Down. I think Little Wing/Maggot Brain would be great too, but given how long it is mightn't fit if you're trying to stick to one disc.

As for sources, my 2 cents would be that any shows that were broadcast on Monkeywrench Radio would be the obvious starting points. But that would only be the US shows. I know the quality on some of the Aus/Asian shows is not great, but I don't know if there are ones that are comparable.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounding good! Thanks for all your suggestions. Cameron4President is usually pretty good at sorting out the wood from the trees at this point. He's probably in bed though!! What he usually does is hone things down into a provisional tracklist, baed on all the suggestions from the thread so far. Then we start to home in on specific performances - compare / contrast etc. Then when we have done some sifting he will put them all together into a 'version 1' download for people to listen to.

I am not the best to help select sources in the first instance, since I don't have the encyclopaedic knowledge of the boots that some have :lol: . I know one thing that helps Cameron4President at this stage though is a 'menu' of performances that sound good - with options. He usually gets moving in around 4 hours or so from now!

tremors wrote:

I am not the best to help select sources in the first instance, since I don't have the encyclopaedic knowledge of the boots that some have :lol: . I know one thing that helps Cameron4President at this stage though is a 'menu' of performances that sound good - with options. He usually gets moving in around 4 hours or so from now!

Do you stick to 1995-ish performances for this project too (I mean for the Vitalogy tracks) ?

EDIT : if not, can we have a sing-along Betterman, like Mansfield, 2006 (with a wild-ish "don't run away" tag and a balanced music-audience recording) ? :D
    It always sends me shivers to hear the audience sing, even though I'm not in attendance. And Betterman has to be THE sing-along, right ?
  • tremors wrote:
    Am I right that from yesterday's discussion, if we are in agreement on this - that the challenge is to compile onto one disc a compilation that starts with Long Road, finishes with the Dave Grohl RITFW, includes improvs and maybe covers in place of Bugs, Pry to, Foxymop etc (maybe going from an improv to a cover if we have the space), draws on Merkinball, and has a few pieces from Self Pollution Radio for atmosphere.....?
    I am not familiar with Self Pollution Radio, but I think it makes sense to include a Live Merkinball as far as possible, since those songs are clearly part of the Vitalogy era, and have remained in the live set.

So yeah, if this is the way we are going we will need to select some good live versions, home in on certain improvs, and identify the covers we want. Cameron4President, do you feel able to post a provisional tracklist (without needed to say which performances 100% yet) based on the discussions so far? Is this wolfamongwolves' tracklist mainly or is it something different?

Ok, so far this is what we have (See Below), and I like it. The one thing that I love about all of this discussion is that we are all creating this project together. I have posted the 1st rough draft of our track list on page one with a few of my notes on them. I think that we may have some sound quality issues though with some of the improvs. I listen to them all last night and they are very impressive and would fit in great with this project, but I don't know how they will sound with the rest of our material. I will try to stitch together a rough draft late tomorrow of our track list and I will distribute it via a PM to all of the main parties on this thread.

I will have some more thoughts and observations later on in the next couple of hours concerning track order and other material that may fit in this project.

Long Road
    Last Exit
    Spin the Black Circle
    Not for You
    Tremor Christ
    Nothingman
    Whipping
    Jack Irons Chant (Moore Theater Feb 5 95)
    Corduroy
    BS Speech (Missoula) **Sound Quality Suspect**
    Satan's Bed
    Better Man
    Instrumental blues improv (Phoenix) **Sound Quality Suspect**
    Immortality
    Improv no. 3 (Moore Theater Feb 6 95) **Sound Quality Suspect**
    Let My love Open the Door (Soldier Field)
    I Got You
    I Got Shit
    Falling Down
    Leaving Here
    Rockin' in the Free World (w/ Dave Grohl)
  • Here are some of my favorites . . . good luck with the project.

1. Last Exit- Salt Lake 11.1.95
    http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... D&ext.html

2. Spin the Black Circle- Soldiers Field 7.11.95

3. Not for You- Salt Lake 11.2.95

4. Tremor Christ- Melbourne 3.17.95
    http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... g&ext.html

5. Nothing Man- Bridge Show 10.19.96 (cant think of a '95 performance)

6. Whipping- Melbourne 3.17.95

7. Corduroy- Salt Lake 11.1.95

8. Satan's Bed- Self Pollution Radio 1.8.95
    http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... j&ext.html

9. Better Man- Soldiers Field 7.11.95

10. Immortality- Salt Lake 11.1.95
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Ok, I have given this quite a bit of thought over the last hour or so. I do not want "Long Road" to open this project because it is not what I think about when I think of "Vitalogy". I want this collection to basically punch you in the face right from the start. After it beats the shit out of you few a few songs, then it can mellow down just long enough for you to catch your breath, and then back to kicking your ass again. After a few ass kicking songs then we mellow it out for a few (this is where "Long Road" comes in) and then we end this whole thing on a high note with a few up tempo songs. Below I have mapped out the track list to represent this rollercoaster set like I just described. Review it and give me your honest opinion about it. I took out a few because of sound issues (Phoenix :cry: was awesome, but its not going to match up well).

01 Spin the Black Circle - Self Pollution Radio (1/8/95)
    02 Jack Irons Chant - Moore Theater (2/5/95)
    03 Last Exit
    04 Not for You
    05 Tremor Christ
    06 Nothingman
    07 Whipping
    08 Words Seem Out of Place (Improv) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    09 Corduroy
    10 BS Speech - Missoula, Montana (2/8/95)
    11 Satan's Bed
    12 Better Man
    13 Long Road
    14 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    15 Immortality
    16 I Got Shit
    17 Let My love Open the Door - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    18 Leaving Here
    19 Rockin' in the Free World (w/ Dave Grohl) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
  • Not sure if its been mentioned but........there is a live version of "I got You " by Split ends (an NZ band) on the crowed house single "everything is good for you" It was recorded with Eddie's friend (and Liam Finns dad) Neil Finn in 25th March 1995 Mt Smart Super top. It may be a worthy addition??

"I Got You" is one of my favorite PJ covers. Is their a good Soundboard version of this song from the '95 Tour? I have currently removed this song from our track list because I do not think that one exists from this tour.

Hey NorthShoreBlues,

Thanks for the imput and you have brought up a good point about where we are going to source this project from.

Here are my thoughts in regards to SBD and FM Material:

Atlanta '94
    SNL '94
    BSB '94
    Self Pollution Radio
    1/14/95 - DC
    3/17/95 - Melbourne
    6/16/95 - Casper
    6/20/95 - Red Rocks
    7/9/95 - Summerfest '95
    7/11/95 - Soldier Field
    11/1/95 - SLC Utah

I am might be missing a few, but this list is a great starting point.
    Ok, I have given this quite a bit of thought over the last hour or so. I do not want "Long Road" to open this project because it is not what I think about when I think of "Vitalogy". I want this collection to basically punch you in the face right from the start.
    03 Last Exit
    04 Not for You

This Spin the Black Circle makes for a perfect opener, with its sort of 'false start' that somehow builds anticipation for what's to come. Plus, the sound really matches the 'feeling' of the album, if that means anything.
    I don't really see the point of the Jack Irons Chant in this position though ? Do you need it as a transition between Spin ... and Last Exit ?
    On a 1995-only basis, I'll second NorthshoreBlues' Soldiers Field's Betterman.
  • myra wrote:
    Ok, I have given this quite a bit of thought over the last hour or so. I do not want "Long Road" to open this project because it is not what I think about when I think of "Vitalogy". I want this collection to basically punch you in the face right from the start.
    03 Last Exit
    04 Not for You

I don't really see the point of the Jack Irons Chant in this position though ? Do you need it as a transition between Spin ... and Last Exit ?

I was thinking the same thing and I agree with you, but I put it there for a couple of reasons.
    1. It is directly before "Last Exit" form the actual show (2/5/95) it is taken from.
    2. I believe that the song that comes after the "Jack Irons Chant" needs to be kick ass on drums and "Last Exit" fits that description.

Hey NorthShoreBlues,

Thanks for the imput and you have brought up a good point about where we are going to source this project from.

Atlanta '94
    SNL '94
    BSB '94
    Self Pollution Radio
    1/14/95 - DC
    3/17/95 - Melbourne
    6/16/95 - Casper
    6/20/95 - Red Rocks
    7/9/95 - Summerfest '95
    7/11/95 - Soldier Field
    11/1/95 - SLC Utah

I think you have great source material, I would suggest that you may include the other November 95 shows . . .
    It seems the sound quality is:
    11/1/95 Salt Lake- FM A+
    11/2/95 Salt Lake- FM A-
    11/4/95 San Jose- FM A+ (on alot of sites its the muddled A- version, the crisp clean version is out there)
    11/6/95 San Diego- FM B+
    11/7/95 San Diego- FM B

I've done many compilations of the band in the past. i did it by "era" instead of albums. Here is volume I of the "Self Decline of PJ" 95-96; not sure if you can use something from this list for the project. Again, good luck and thanks for the time . . .

THE SELF-INDUCED DECLINE OF PJ
    1995 –1996 Volume I

1. Jack Irons Chant- Moore Theater, Seattle 2/6/95
    2. The Infamous San Fran Speech- Golden Gate Park 6/24/95
    3. Release- San Jose Stadium 11/4/95
    4. Regarding Media- Casper, Wyoming 6/16/95
    5. Who You Are- No Code Album
    6. Regarding “Not For You”- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    7. Jeremy Alt. Version- Red Rocks 6/20/95
    8. Regarding Crowd Control- Hartford 10/2/96
    9. Daughter>boy>real me>wma>brick- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    10. Regarding Breaking up a Fight- Red Rocks 6/20/95
    11. Corduroy Alt. Version- Bridge Benefit 10/19/96
    12. Regarding Crowd Control Again- Hartford 10/2/96
    13. Everyday People- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    14. Let My Love Open the Door- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    15. Regarding “NW”- Melbourne 3/17/95
    16. Footsteps- Salt Lake City 11/1/95
    17. I’ve just seen a face- Red Rocks 6/20/95
    18. Regarding Security and Taco Bell- San Jose Stadium 11/4/95
    19. The Kids are Alright- Moore Theater, Seattle 2/6/95
    20. Hunger Strike Tease- Berlin 11/3/96
    21. Regarding Alienation of Fans- Milwaukee 7/8/95
    22. Yellow Ledbetter- Salt Lake City 11/2/95
    23. Regarding Tickets and Ticketmaster-San Diego 11/6/95
    24. Redemption Song- Missoula, MT 2/8/95
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.

Hey NorthShoreBlues,

Atlanta '94
    SNL '94
    BSB '94
    Self Pollution Radio
    1/14/95 - DC
    3/17/95 - Melbourne
    6/16/95 - Casper
    6/20/95 - Red Rocks
    7/9/95 - Summerfest '95
    7/11/95 - Soldier Field
    11/1/95 - SLC Utah

I think you have great source material, I would suggest that you may include the other November 95 shows . . .
    It seems the sound quality is:
    11/1/95 Salt Lake- FM A+
    11/2/95 Salt Lake- FM A-
    11/4/95 San Jose- FM A+ (on alot of sites its the muddled A- version, the crisp clean version is out there)
    11/6/95 San Diego- FM B+
    11/7/95 San Diego- FM B

I've done many compilations of the band in the past. i did it by "era" instead of albums. Here is volume I of the "Self Decline of PJ" 95-96; not sure if you can use something from this list for the project. Again, good luck and thanks for the time . . .

THE SELF-INDUCED DECLINE OF PJ
    1995 –1996 Volume I

1. Jack Irons Chant- Moore Theater, Seattle 2/6/95
    2. The Infamous San Fran Speech- Golden Gate Park 6/24/95
    3. Release- San Jose Stadium 11/4/95
    4. Regarding Media- Casper, Wyoming 6/16/95
    5. Who You Are- No Code Album
    6. Regarding “Not For You”- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    7. Jeremy Alt. Version- Red Rocks 6/20/95
    8. Regarding Crowd Control- Hartford 10/2/96
    9. Daughter>boy>real me>wma>brick- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    10. Regarding Breaking up a Fight- Red Rocks 6/20/95
    11. Corduroy Alt. Version- Bridge Benefit 10/19/96
    12. Regarding Crowd Control Again- Hartford 10/2/96
    13. Everyday People- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    14. Let My Love Open the Door- Soldier’s Field 7/11/95
    15. Regarding “NW”- Melbourne 3/17/95
    16. Footsteps- Salt Lake City 11/1/95
    17. I’ve just seen a face- Red Rocks 6/20/95
    18. Regarding Security and Taco Bell- San Jose Stadium 11/4/95
    19. The Kids are Alright- Moore Theater, Seattle 2/6/95
    20. Hunger Strike Tease- Berlin 11/3/96
    21. Regarding Alienation of Fans- Milwaukee 7/8/95
    22. Yellow Ledbetter- Salt Lake City 11/2/95
    23. Regarding Tickets and Ticketmaster-San Diego 11/6/95
    24. Redemption Song- Missoula, MT 2/8/95

Two questions for you.

1. Do you have a copy of the "crisp clean version" of 11/4/95 San Jose that you could upload for me?
    2. Is there anyway I could get a copy of your compilation 'THE SELF-INDUCED DECLINE OF PJ"? It looks great and I would love to listen to it.
  • Two questions for you.

1. Do you have a copy of the "crisp clean version" of 11/4/95 San Jose that you could upload for me?
    2. Is there anyway I could get a copy of your compilation 'THE SELF-INDUCED DECLINE OF PJ"? It looks great and I would love to listen to it.[/quote]

1. I will look for my crisp clean version; it should be on either of my 2 backup PJ boot drives . . . that might take some time b/c 1 is at the office and the other is at my brother's house.
    2. Sure. I will upload volumes 1 and 2 for you, however, I need to extract the studio versions of a few songs that are on the compilations so that the mods dont have a problem with it. I will try to upload volumes 1 and 2 today . . .
  • Two questions for you.

2. Is there anyway I could get a copy of your compilation 'THE SELF-INDUCED DECLINE OF PJ"? It looks great and I would love to listen to it.

1. I will look for my crisp clean version; it should be on either of my 2 backup PJ boot drives . . . that might take some time b/c 1 is at the office and the other is at my brother's house.
    2. Sure. I will upload volumes 1 and 2 for you, however, I need to extract the studio versions of a few songs that are on the compilations so that the mods dont have a problem with it. I will try to upload volumes 1 and 2 today . . .[/quote]

Cool, You rock!!! I am looking forward to listening to it.
    I was thinking the same thing and I agree with you, but I put it there for a couple of reasons.
    1. It is directly before "Last Exit" form the actual show (2/5/95) it is taken from.
    2. I believe that the song that comes after the "Jack Irons Chant" needs to be kick ass on drums and "Last Exit" fits that description.

Just listened to it, and it makes sense. It gives a bit of sophisticated twist to the beginning without messing too much with the tracklist.
  • myra wrote:

Just listened to it, and it makes sense. It gives a bit of sophisticated twist to the beginning without messing too much with the tracklist.

What are your thoughts on this track list? Do you like it and does it keep close to "Vitalogy"?
    Have just been catching up on this thread. Very interesting and inspiring! Is good to have different input from different people.

I like the sound of your idea (below) Cameron4President - I will try and compile some of this tracklist for myself soon to get more (moore?!) of a sense. I can imagine STBC kicking things off well though, like you describe. That song to me has all the qualities of this particular era and the vibe we might be trying to capture. Good stuff!!

I will do some homework based on the decisions taken so far. Another argument for having the Jack Irons chant early is that one of the features of our different compilations so far is (obviously) that they feature different drummers, and it is noticeable how much this affects the sound of the times. So I can imagine this fitting with and emphasising this aspect of the collection.

I have a bit of time over the next 3 or 4 hours to mess around with music and on the forum, since I am back home after my holiday and have my proper connection again. Been listening to Neil Young Live Rust on vinyl by the fire, but am happy to try a bit of self pollution! :lol:
    Ok, I have given this quite a bit of thought over the last hour or so. I do not want "Long Road" to open this project because it is not what I think about when I think of "Vitalogy". I want this collection to basically punch you in the face right from the start. After it beats the shit out of you few a few songs, then it can mellow down just long enough for you to catch your breath, and then back to kicking your ass again. After a few ass kicking songs then we mellow it out for a few (this is where "Long Road" comes in) and then we end this whole thing on a high note with a few up tempo songs. Below I have mapped out the track list to represent this rollercoaster set like I just described. Review it and give me your honest opinion about it. I took out a few because of sound issues (Phoenix :cry: was awesome, but its not going to match up well).

03 Last Exit
    04 Not for You
    05 Tremor Christ
    06 Nothingman
    07 Whipping
    08 Words Seem Out of Place (Improv) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    09 Corduroy
    10 BS Speech - Missoula, Montana (2/8/95)
    11 Satan's Bed
    12 Better Man
    13 Long Road
    14 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    15 Immortality
    16 I Got Shit
    18 Leaving Here

What are your thoughts on this track list? Do you like it and does it keep close to "Vitalogy"?

Yep.

I especially like the 'twisted' beginning.

Yet, what do you think of 'pushing up' Immortality a bit, say right after Betterman ? Falling down sort of has the same feeling as Long Road, and flows well onto I got shit and Immortality makes a cool transition from the Vitalogy tracks onto Long Road to me.

Really like the BS speech where it is, am not so sure about Word seem out of place right after Whipping, which feels a bit, hmm, out of place ? ;) Unless you want to cool it really down before going back up with Corduroy, but the feeling is different. You know, Pry, to had this weird sound that melted well into Corduroy. What do you think ?
  • I really really feel you should make one exception and include the "Bugs" from philly. It is an incredible performance. Just put it on their with an asterix! You can't replace that song with something else, and it is a killer performance! Please!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
    I really really feel you should make one exception and include the "Bugs" from philly. It is an incredible performance. Just put it on their with an asterix! You can't replace that song with something else, and it is a killer performance! Please!

OK! We'll see what we can do. I haven't heard any of these versions myself yet, but I'm working on it. Can't remember the last time I listened to 95 era boots.

• myra wrote:

Yep.

I especially like the 'twisted' beginning.

Yet, what do you think of 'pushing up' Immortality a bit, say right after Betterman ? Falling down sort of has the same feeling as Long Road, and flows well onto I got shit and Immortality makes a cool transition from the Vitalogy tracks onto Long Road to me.

Really like the BS speech where it is, am not so sure about Word seem out of place right after Whipping, which feels a bit, hmm, out of place ? ;) Unless you want to cool it really down before going back up with Corduroy, but the feeling is different. You know, Pry, to had this weird sound that melted well into Corduroy. What do you think ?

Adjusted the track listing just a bit, what do you think? The BS speech is very funny. Eddie has a similar speech called NW during the Melbourne show (3/17/95).

03 Last Exit
    04 Not for You
    05 Tremor Christ
    06 Nothingman
    07 Whipping
    08 Corduroy
    09 BS Speech - Missoula, Montana (2/8/95)
    10 Satan's Bed
    11 Words Seem Out of Place (Improv) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    12 Better Man - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    13 Immortality
    14 Long Road
    15 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    16 I Got Shit
    18 Leaving Here
    Just loaded up the specified tracks now - will let you have some more thoughts quite soon!

Adjusted the track listing just a bit, what do you think? The BS speech is very funny. Eddie has a similar speech called NW during the Melbourne show (3/17/95).

03 Last Exit
    04 Not for You
    05 Tremor Christ
    06 Nothingman
    07 Whipping
    08 Corduroy
    09 BS Speech - Missoula, Montana (2/8/95)
    10 Satan's Bed
    11 Words Seem Out of Place (Improv) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    12 Better Man - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    13 Immortality
    14 Long Road
    15 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    16 I Got Shit
    18 Leaving Here

Thanx ;)
    I think we could keep that whole version of Last Exit, going straight into it after the Jack Irons chant. That sounds good!!

I also think Falling Down would work really well between Satan's Bed and Betterman as well

I'm liking the version of Tremor Christ that NorthShoreBlues suggested: Melbourne 3.17.95

tremors wrote:
    I'm liking the version of Tremor Christ that NorthShoreBlues suggested: Melbourne 3.17.95

Me too, and the warning at the end is cool :lol: .
    + Corduroy, off this same show. Yet, after hearing 9 or so different versions in a row, I might get a bit confused :D
    + Whipping, off Atlanta 04.03.1994.