Options

Project #4 - a Live Vitalogy era Compilation

Comments

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Version 1 shaping up like this:

Pearl Jam: The Theory of Vitalogy - Version 1??

Track List:

01 Spin the Black Circle - Self Pollution Radio (1/8/95)
    02 Jack Irons Chant - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    03 Last Exit - Washington D.C. - (1/14/95)
    04 Not for You - Self Pollution Radio (1/8/95)
    05 Tremor Christ - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    06 Improv #2 - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    07 Whipping - Atlanta, Georgia (4/3/94)
    08 Corduroy - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    09 BS Speech - Missoula, Montana (2/8/95)
    10 Satan's Bed - Self Pollution Radio (1/8/95)
    11 Better Man - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    12 Words Seem Out of Place (Improv) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)

13 Immortality - Washington D.C. - (1/14/95)
    14 Improv #3 - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    15 Long Road - Caspar, Wyoming - (6/16/95)
    16 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    17 I Got Shit - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    18 Let My love Open the Door - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    19 Leaving Here - Salt Lake City, Utah (11/1/95)
    20 Rockin' in the Free World (w/ Dave Grohl) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)

**This puts us at approx. 79:40**

Late last night I put this version together to try it and fix a few minor SQ issues. When you guys finish discussing any further changes that need to be made to the rough draft, I will apply them and send the both of you Version 1 sometime today.

I am going to fix a few more SQ issues with the 2/6/95 songs (too loud, getting drum distortion) this morning and I will check back periodically throughout the day.

How would you guys feel about dropping 'words out of place'. I'm not sure it adds that much beyond the other improvs, and I think it risks dragging down the overall mood too much. We have amazing live staples like immortality, I got shit, betterman, even that amplified nothingman, that I think are better than this improv
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    tremors wrote:

How would you guys feel about dropping 'words out of place'. I'm not sure it adds that much beyond the other improvs, and I think it risks dragging down the overall mood too much. We have amazing live staples like immortality, I got shit, betterman, even that amplified nothingman, that I think are better than this improv

I'd agree on that. I didn't know where it'd fit really, considering the amount of time I asked for it to be moved around ... And that slow selection is a bit of a long haul. I'd say we keep the 2nd part of it just like it is (from Long Road to I got Id), and possibly include some uplifted track or something right after Improv #3 ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I'd agree on that. I didn't know where it'd fit really, considering the amount of time I asked for it to be moved around ... And that slow selection is a bit of a long haul. I'd say we keep the 2nd part of it just like it is (from Long Road to I got Id), and possibly include some uplifted track or something right after Improv #3 ?

Yeah, I wonder what would happen if we moved 'Let my love open the door' into that slow section, maybe where you say. I've also been wondering if falling down would work quite well in front of betterman. Just my two pennies....

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    I've also been wondering if falling down would work quite well in front of betterman. Just my two pennies....

I'm not sure about this. I actually really like those three in a row and in that order. Hmmm. Let me think about this...
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    I've also been wondering if falling down would work quite well in front of betterman. Just my two pennies....

I'm not sure about this. I actually really like those three in a row and in that order. Hmmm. Let me think about this...

OK, that's good enough reason to leave it alone I think. Are we proposing we drop Words Seem out of Place, and try moving 'Let my love open the door' in before Long Road, after improv 3, and seeing how that sounds on a run through?

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

OK, that's good enough reason to leave it alone I think. Are we proposing we drop Words Seem out of Place, and try moving 'Let my love open the door' in before Long Road, after improv 3, and seeing how that sounds on a run through?

Sounds good. AND we've got a free spot to add one more track in the mix. Should I start scouting around ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Sounds good. AND we've got a free spot to add one more track in the mix. Should I start scouting around ?

I think we should give it a run through or two with the (provisionally) revised tracklist, and see what leaps out - eg do we need anything else? Do we need to add something rocky, dark, or energetic anywhere, etc etc. We don't need to use every last second of CD space. I should probably update Cam4Pres tracklist so he can see clearly what we are listening to currently. Will do that in a minute and then listen to the changes

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Hey Cameron4President, here's what myra and I have decided to try as a slightly adjusted version, to tackle some of the issues raised earlier in the thread. Note: we have provisionally dropped Words Seem out of Place!

Track List:

12 Immortality - Washington D.C. - (1/14/95)
    13 Improv #3 - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    14 Let My love Open the Door - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    18 Leaving Here - Salt Lake City, Utah (11/1/95)
    19 Rockin' in the Free World (w/ Dave Grohl) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)

Does this look correct myra?

ps, for anyone else reading, once we have settled on a 'Version 1' I believe Cameron4President will upload this to his blog, so there will be more scope for other people to comment if they wish at the next stage!
    Post edited by tremors on

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    I think we should give it a run through or two with the (provisionally) revised tracklist, and see what leaps out - eg do we need anything else? Do we need to add something rocky, dark, or energetic anywhere, etc etc. We don't need to use every last second of CD space. I should probably update Cam4Pres tracklist so he can see clearly what we are listening to currently. Will do that in a minute and then listen to the changes

Sensible, I reckon.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Yep. That's it.
  • Options
    track list looks amazing! im so excited for this! lately, ive just been listening to vitalogy over and over
    can't wait, it sounds good already :)
    thanks again
    (wish i could have been of more help, but unfortunately my bootleg knowledge is pretty poor :( )
  • Options
    track list looks amazing! im so excited for this! lately, ive just been listening to vitalogy over and over
    can't wait, it sounds good already :)
    thanks again
    (wish i could have been of more help, but unfortunately my bootleg knowledge is pretty poor :( )

Thanks! It's fine, I just added a note to the end of the tracklist, that anyone reading should have more opportunity to input into the discussion at the next stage, once Cameron4President has uploaded the 'Version 1' mix to his site. Feel free to join in! Thanks for the notes in this thread

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    if it does not have Immortality 7-11-95 Soldier Field, it is not worth listening to
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Hey Cameron4President, here's what myra and I have decided to try as a slightly adjusted version, to tackle some of the issues raised earlier in the thread. Note: we have provisionally dropped Words Seem out of Place!

Track List:

ps, for anyone else reading, once we have settled on a 'Version 1' I believe Cameron4President will upload this to his blog, so there will be more scope for other people to comment if they wish at the next stage!

Track List looks good to me, this will be version 1 :D I will start working on it soon. Hopefully I can have it to you guys shortly (Next 3 -4 hours).

I hate to be a buzz kill, but I only intend to put the Final Version on my blog. Version 1 is just for you and Myra. With that being said... If somebody out there really, really wants Version 1, then PM me and I will send an upload link to the first 10 people that request it.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    if it does not have Immortality 7-11-95 Soldier Field, it is not worth listening to

Sorry, This project is probably "Not For You" then. :twisted: I prefer the DC version a little better.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Sorry, This project is probably "Not For You" then. :twisted: I prefer the DC version a little better.

The Self-Pollution Radio performance of Immortality is my favorite. Ever.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    immortality- one of the 95 moore theater shows. mike and jack go off on this really cool jam

or

immortality- 4-12-95
    hrd2imgn wrote:

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    immortality- one of the 95 moore theater shows. mike and jack go off on this really cool jam

or

immortality- 4-12-95
    hrd2imgn wrote:

I think what we are looking for at the next stage might be some input on the 'flow' of overall thing - we have been through quite a process of song selection earlier in the thread!

• Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:

That one does kick some major ass. :D
  • Options
    Maybe we need to open up discussion on Immortality again - bearing in mind sound quality issues

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Maybe we need to open up discussion on Immortality again - bearing in mind sound quality issues

Might as well while there are like 200 of us here right now. :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Might as well while there are like 200 of us here right now. :D

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about! A big row. :lol:

Votes for favourite Immortality (preferably soundboard) 94-95 then?

• Options
    Immortality at Self Pollution Radio 1995 x 1 vote please sir. 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

eh...
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

eh...

Well we have had 5 different versions highlighted today. There are a lot of people on the Porch waiting on whatever announcement is coming, so we thought we could throw it open. Not much response though.

I have listened through to our revised tracklist and I think it works better; for me at least. What's the next stage Cameron4President?

• Options
    I can't get through, keep getting phone calls :evil:
    Let my love ..... works quite well where it is now. Was wondering how the two last tracks were doing on their own at the end though...
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

eh...

Well we have had 5 different versions highlighted today. There are a lot of people on the Porch waiting on whatever announcement is coming, so we thought we could throw it open. Not much response though.

I have listened through to our revised tracklist and I think it works better; for me at least. What's the next stage Cameron4President?

Version 1 is uploading now, I will be sending you and Myra a link in the next 5 Minutes or so.

V1 fixes include:

-Revised Track List
    -Lots of SQ fixes
    -"Leaving Here" should be fine.

Pearl Jam: The Theory of Vitalogy - Version 1

Track List:

The next stage is for you and Myra to give it a listen and comment on anymore tweaks we need to make, especially in regards to SQ (keep in mind the SQ will not be perfect). While you guys are doing that, this thread is always open to any song/track list suggestions including evaluating "Immortality". We are definitely close, but lets not forget that we got some of our best song suggestions in the last few hours of our last project. Those suggestions really made Ten Live a killer set.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    I can't get through, keep getting phone calls :evil:
    Let my love ..... works quite well where it is now. Was wondering how the two last tracks were doing on their own at the end though...

It depends on whether you are giving it your full attention, drifting in and out or having it as 'background' I'm finding. For the latter two, I think it works better in the new place, because it draws your attention back to the more intense songs, and then finishes with a bang. I'm not sure whether it works better if you are listening right through intently, but the previous mix got a bit too heavy for me on that score - overall I prefer this new arrangement. If this doesn't work, I propose we insert another or a new rocky number in the same place, after Improv 3!

• Options

The next stage is for you and Myra to give it a listen and comment on anymore tweaks we need to make, especially in regards to SQ (keep in mind the SQ will not be perfect). While you guys are doing that, this thread is always open to any song/track list suggestions including evaluating "Immortality". We are definitely close, but lets not forget that we got some of our best song suggestions in the last few hours of our last project. Those suggestions really made Ten Live a killer set.

:thumbup:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    It depends on whether you are giving it your full attention, drifting in and out or having it as 'background' I'm finding. For the latter two, I think it works better in the new place, because it draws your attention back to the more intense songs, and then finishes with a bang. I'm not sure whether it works better if you are listening right through intently, but the previous mix got a bit too heavy for me on that score - overall I prefer this new arrangement. If this doesn't work, I propose we insert another or a new rocky number in the same place, after Improv 3!

There's something that's wrong there, but can't manage to pinpoint what exactly. We definitely need a rocky/uplifted one right after Improv #3. I tried with what you suggested, and that does the job okay I guess. But then I might somehow miss it where it initially was, right after I Got Id. So I tried to put Leavin Here instead, and that just doesn't work at all, it needs to be second to last. And, well, RITFW has to be last. So I'm a bit stuck there, really. So maybe we could find another rocky track to see if it fits in the spot after Improv#3 ?