Options

Project #4 - a Live Vitalogy era Compilation

Comments

• Options
    myra wrote:
    I am a little slow here, but I thought everybody was talking about the Jack Irons Chant and the improv after RVM (which doesn't exist) from February 5th. I just realized that everybody has been talking about February 6th. We have got to try and make that improv work and use that Jack Iron Chant (Much Better Than the 5th). Here is another updated track list:

Pearl Jam: The Theory of Vitalogy

Track List:

01 Spin the Black Circle - Self Pollution Radio (1/8/95)
    02 Jack Irons Chant - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    03 Last Exit - Washington D.C. - (1/14/95)
    04 Not for You - Self Pollution Radio (1/8/95)
    05 Tremor Christ - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    06 Improv - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    07 Whipping - Atlanta, Georgia (4/3/94)
    08 Corduroy - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    09 BS Speech - Missoula, Montana (2/8/95)
    10 Satan's Bed - Self Pollution Radio (1/8/95)
    11 Words Seem Out of Place (Improv) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
    12 Better Man - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    13 Immortality - Washington D.C. - (1/14/95)
    14 Long Road - Caspar, Wyoming - (6/16/95)
    15 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    16 I Got Shit - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    17 Let My love Open the Door - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    18 Leaving Here - Salt Lake City, Utah (11/1/95)
    19 Rockin' in the Free World (w/ Dave Grohl) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)

The 3rd improv (that's the one we're talking about, right ?) off 1995-02-06 definitely needs to be on it. Yet I'm not so sure whether it should be @ #6. Could we use improv #2 instead and use #3 after Immortality ? It's got sort of the same vibe to it, but in a 'lesser' way ... #2 builds anticipation and works well with the Jack Irons Chant just a couple tracks before, whereas after hearing #3 you're like, hmm, glad to move on to Long Road :D
    Is that Improv #2 from the 2/6/95 show that comes before Satan's Bed?
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    myra wrote:
    The 3rd improv (that's the one we're talking about, right ?) off 1995-02-06 definitely needs to be on it. Yet I'm not so sure whether it should be @ #6. Could we use improv #2 instead and use #3 after Immortality ? It's got sort of the same vibe to it, but in a 'lesser' way ... #2 builds anticipation and works well with the Jack Irons Chant just a couple tracks before, whereas after hearing #3 you're like, hmm, glad to move on to Long Road :D

Yes.
    What do you think ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Yeah, sounds like a problem. Have yet to hear this version in the mix. What are all the known performances of nothingman from then? We can do some editing of any pauses, and we could probably even raise the volume of the entire track if that is the major problem with the best version

There's one version in 1994, and then 3 in 1996. None in 1995 for some reason ?! All 3 of 1996 sound better than that of 1994 so far as sound quality is concerned, but, leaving sound quality aside, that of 1994 is okay performance-wise. If we can edit this, we should be fine. At least until Cameron4President wakes up .... :D

I am now semi-awake and off of work today. It is my goal to put together and edit our rough draft. I don't know when I will be able to do it though. With the time difference that we face you guys may not get your copy of the rough draft until real late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

I have listened to the "Nothingman" in question from 1994 and I do not think that there is much I can do to it to make it better. With that being said, if it is something that everybody really wants on this compilation, then we can try it. I just think that the quality will be a issue when you listen to it together with the other higher quality audio that will be on this collection.

Let me know if we should include it or not. I am gathering the tracks right now to get them ready for the editing process.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    myra wrote:

Yes.
    What do you think ?
    I think that it kicks ass, and we should try to fit it in :D
  • Options
    Does this look OK?

Track List:

06 Improv #2 - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    14 Improv #3 - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    15 Long Road - Caspar, Wyoming - (6/16/95)
    16 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    17 I Got Shit - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    18 Let My love Open the Door - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    19 Leaving Here - Salt Lake City, Utah (11/1/95)
    20 Rockin' in the Free World (w/ Dave Grohl) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
  • Options

I am now semi-awake and off of work today. It is my goal to put together and edit our rough draft. I don't know when I will be able to do it though. With the time difference that we face you guys may not get your copy of the rough draft until real late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

It's ok, Tremors won't go to sleep tonight anyway :mrgreen:
    Does this look OK?

Track List:

I like that !
    But there is still the Nothingman issue ... You don't want to take advantage of the fact that he's at work right now, do you ? ;)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Cam4Pres, can we 'try' a nothingman in version 1, and see how it sounds. I think if we take a decision on a major cut like this - we all want to be in agreement on whether it fails to make the grade. What did you think of my idea of breaking up the sound at that point with a slice of Self Pollution, to change the levels etc? I was listening to self pollution today (I've not managed to load up out tracklist yet, been too busy) - and a soundbite which I think would work well *somewhere* in the collection is the short bit about 'this is a fucking rock and roll concert, not a tea party!' - don't know where it comes from yet but will check. If this doesn't work going into or out of a nothingman, it might work somewhere else.

Thanks for all your work as ever!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    hahaha - 'working' from home. Tweets are calling

• Options
    myra wrote:

It's ok, Tremors won't go to sleep tonight anyway :mrgreen:
    Does this look OK?

Track List:

I like that !
    But there is still the Nothingman issue ... You don't want to take advantage of the fact that he's at work right now, do you ? ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I say leave it off of our Rough Draft and we can let Tremors decide if he wants to include it on our First Draft.

If we do put the '94 version this compilation, where would you include it into the Track List?
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Cam4Pres, can we 'try' a nothingman in version 1, and see how it sounds. I think if we take a decision on a major cut like this - we all want to be in agreement on whether it fails to make the grade. What did you think of my idea of breaking up the sound at that point with a slice of Self Pollution, to change the levels etc? I was listening to self pollution today (I've not managed to load up out tracklist yet, been too busy) - and a soundbite which I think would work well *somewhere* in the collection is the short bit about 'this is a fucking rock and roll concert, not a tea party!' - don't know where it comes from yet but will check. If this doesn't work going into or out of a nothingman, it might work somewhere else.

I didn't see this post until now...

I will be more than happy to include it into the Rough Draft. Where do we want to include it? Not in its original position, right? Maybe before Betterman?

Adding soundbites is a good idea, but we are pushing time right now, so let's hold off on that for the time being.

As for 'this is a fucking rock and roll concert, not a tea party!', I have that right at the very beginning prior to "StBC". This awesome soundbite starts our whole compilation off. :twisted:
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I will be more than happy to include it into the Rough Draft. Where do we want to include it? Not in its original position, right? Maybe after or before Betterman?

Adding soundbites is a good idea, but we are pushing time right now, so let's hold off on that for the time being.

As for 'this is a fucking rock and roll concert, not a tea party!', I have that right at the very beginning prior to "StBC". This awesome soundbite starts our whole compilation off. :twisted:

Cool - does that come before STBC in the broadcast? The version I downloaded from Gremmie.net has it on a separate track, and my track order of Self Pollution got messed around for one reason or another, so I've been listening to STBC on its own. Just heard the tea party bit for the first time today. Great minds and all that!!

I am just loading up your tracklist right now, so I will try and spot a time for nothingman. Agree, the other soundbites can wait

• Options
    As it stands right now, this is the "Rough Draft" that I will be working on. Is this OK with Everybody?

Track List:

12 Nothingman - Ann Arbor, Michigan (3/20/94)
    13 Better Man - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    14 Immortality - Washington D.C. - (1/14/95)
    15 Improv #3 - Seattle, Washington (2/6/95)
    16 Long Road - Caspar, Wyoming - (6/16/95)
    17 Falling Down - Morrison, Colorado (6/20/95)
    18 I Got Shit - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    19 Let My love Open the Door - Chicago, Illinois (7/11/95)
    20 Leaving Here - Salt Lake City, Utah (11/1/95)
    21 Rockin' in the Free World (w/ Dave Grohl) - Melbourne, Australia (3/17/95)
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I will be more than happy to include it into the Rough Draft. Where do we want to include it? Not in its original position, right? Maybe after or before Betterman?

Cool - does that come before STBC in the broadcast? The version I downloaded from Gremmie.net has it on a separate track, and my track order of Self Pollution got messed around for one reason or another, so I've been listening to STBC on its own. Just heard the tea party bit for the first time today. Great minds and all that!!

I am just loading up your tracklist right now, so I will try and spot a time for nothingman. Agree, the other soundbites can wait

Not sure, the copy of Self Pollution that I got in 97/98 had it attached at the beginning. It sounds real cool.
  • Options
    Try nothingman *after* betterman. I think that might work!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

**REVISED**

Track List:

13 Nothingman - Ann Arbor, Michigan (3/20/94)
  • Options
    Front page status is updated to the current track list and we are officially at the "Rough Draft" stage of our project :D

I will be in and out today so I probably won't be adding much to this thread, but I will begin work on the editing process of our Rough Draft. Awesome work and suggestions guys. I'm excited.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

**REVISED**

Track List:

13 Nothingman - Ann Arbor, Michigan (3/20/94)

Works for me.
  • Options
    Front page status is updated to the current track list and we are officially at the "Rough Draft" stage of our project :D

I will be in and out today so I probably won't be adding much to this thread, but I will begin work on the editing process of our Rough Draft. Awesome work and suggestions guys. I'm excited.

Good work everybody!! Damn these things move quick. Has been nice to have some different input, and discussions, despite the various timezones. The board format works well for this though.

I'm excited about listening to this too. Am just about to give it a run though now. As always Cameron4President, no sweat - it'll get here when it's ready!!

Thanks

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Good work everybody!! Damn these things move quick. Has been nice to have some different input, and discussions, despite the various timezones. The board format works well for this though.

I'm excited about listening to this too. Am just about to give it a run though now. As always Cameron4President, no sweat - it'll get here when it's ready!!

Thanks

Thanks to you guys, that was lots of fun.
    Can't wait to listen to it now. I mean, when I'll get home from work, of course ;)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Thanks

Thanks to you guys, that was lots of fun.
    Can't wait to listen to it now. I mean, when I'll get home from work, of course ;)

Yeah, you realise this is just stage 1 Myra, Cameron4President is going to have you working through the night again for the next few days! He's a hard taskmaster. No, it gets much easier once we have the rough mix to download and refer to so we and others can be sure we are all hearing the same thing! Thanks for your help!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Yeah, you realise this is just stage 1 Myra, Cameron4President is going to have you working through the night again for the next few days! He's a hard taskmaster. No, it gets much easier once we have the rough mix to download and refer to so we and others can be sure we are all hearing the same thing! Thanks for your help!

Does that mean I can still mess around with the tracks order ?! Cool. 8-) Didn't have much planned for the nights to come anyway .... :?
  • Options
    So the idea is just to show what they were playing live at this time and NOT a live version of Vitalogy correct?
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    So the idea is just to show what they were playing live at this time and NOT a live version of Vitalogy correct?

In this particular case, unlike the previous compilations, we have screwed around with the track order a bit, and added a few other elements, partly because it would not have been possible to recreate the album 'live', and partly to take some cues from the style and vibe of 'Self Pollution Radio'

• Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Does that mean I can still mess around with the tracks order ?! Cool. 8-) Didn't have much planned for the nights to come anyway .... :?

:thumbup:

Yeah the rough mix is the basic framework which we can all listen to and then 'tweak' and adjust as necessary, having played it through a few times

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Yeah the rough mix is the basic framework which we can all listen to and then 'tweak' and adjust as necessary, having played it through a few times

My neighbours are gonna loooove this !
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Fuck the neighbours, this is a rock and roll concert, not a tea party!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Fuck the neighbours, this is a rock and roll concert, not a tea party!

:lol::lol:
    I'll probably leave a note in the lift saying just this !!
  • Options
    I just had a thought... And I hate to go throwing spanners in the works when it all looks like it's coning together so nicely. This is absolutely no criticism on what you've got here, which is great, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but...

I assume you're not going to stop here. I'm sure there's going to be a live No Code too, and if so, I realised, you won't have many covers to draw on. Pretty much the only covers played on the No Code tour were Leaving Here and RitFW, both of which we've put on here.

So after all that hard work, I'm going to bite the bullet, risk your tirades and suggest (for stage 2) holding Leaving Here off for the No Code compilation, since it was played at the great majority of the No Code shows and just a handful of the Vitalogy ones, and replacing it with Act of Love.

What do you think?
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    I just had a thought... And I hate to go throwing spanners in the works when it all looks like it's coning together so nicely. This is absolutely no criticism on what you've got here, which is great, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but...

I assume you're not going to stop here. I'm sure there's going to be a live No Code too, and if so, I realised, you won't have many covers to draw on. Pretty much the only covers played on the No Code tour were Leaving Here and RitFW, both of which we've put on here.

So after all that hard work, I'm going to bite the bullet, risk your tirades and suggest (for stage 2) holding Leaving Here off for the No Code compilation, since it was played at the great majority of the No Code shows and just a handful of the Vitalogy ones, and replacing it with Act of Love.

What do you think?

We think there has been a good 'No Code' compilation which Cameron4President has featured on his blog already. By 'All That's Sacred' - so I don't think he wants to duplicate that one

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html

I've been listening to this first draft Vitalogy mix - sounding great - have a few suggestions about the second half of it, but am gonna wait until we get it uploaded first, and make sure I'm listening to the same sources etc as everyone else.

Thanks for your input in this thread wolfamongwolves

• Options

What do you think?

Hey wolfamongwolves,

I have two things to say in response to comments:

1. "I assume you're not going to stop here" - You assume correctly :D We have a few quite a few ideas in the pipeline. We are going to be very busy cranking out new projects. :D We are however going to take a 2 to 3 week break after this one is completed.

2. I have already posted Donny's (Bigeye21) version that he created and played on his podcast "All That's Sacred #69" on my blog. So I do not plan on doing that one in the "present tense". :D
    tremors wrote:
    We think there has been a good 'No Code' compilation which Cameron4President has featured on his blog already. By 'All That's Sacred' - so I don't think he wants to duplicate that one

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html

I've been listening to this first draft Vitalogy mix - sounding great - have a few suggestions about the second half of it, but am gonna wait until we get it uploaded first, and make sure I'm listening to the same sources etc as everyone else.

Thanks for your input in this thread wolfamongwolves

I have good news and bad news:

Good news = Rough Draft is edited and uploaded. My two partners in crime can expect a PM in the next few minutes with a download link in it.

Bad news = We are 4 minutes and 10 seconds over our time limit. Get out you knives, it time to start cutting. :D