***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Davidtrios wrote:
    pathetic. Rios should leadoff, Beckham needs to be sent down, and PeeAir needs to be benched indefinatly.
    Peavy is prolly hurt, Mark B is sucking ass, Ozzie is making shitty calls.
    White flag trade, blow it up...start with allnew faces.
    25 games into the season???
    And you are sending Beckham to the minors????

Take a deep breath my friend.......

Yeah, lets not get out of hand here. Beckham is struggling, but he's here to stay. Just a little bit of the sophomore slump.

I thought he was the next Jeter?!?!?!?
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Via MLBTR.

White Sox might be willing to give up Beckham for A-Gon. Please do, please keep him away from Boston.

This is BS. Beckman is gonna be the next Jeter. No way would they trade for AGone.

You were saying....
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    If the White Sox are going to suck, can Beckham at least be decent for us fantasy baseball players..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Peavy threw a gem....against the freakin Royals.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Peavy threw a gem....against the freakin Royals.

It's about damn time Peavy had a good start...I dont care who it's against. He needs some confidence going forward here...
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    If the White Sox are going to suck, can Beckham at least be decent for us fantasy baseball players..

no. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    calling Daniel Hudson, calling Daniel Hudson
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    the season is ovah
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • darthvedder81darthvedder81 Posts: 688
    You guys should try to get Justin Bieber to take over for Juan Pierre in left.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
    81 wrote:
    the season is ovah

I dont know if I'd call it ovah just yet, but it isnt looking good. They need to get to .500 by the end of May. If not, Kenny will start making some big time changes.
    81 wrote:
    the season is ovah

I dont know if I'd call it ovah just yet, but it isnt looking good. They need to get to .500 by the end of May. If not, Kenny will start making some big time changes.

As an outsider, shouldn't the changes start with Kenny and Ozzie?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    the season is ovah

As an outsider, shouldn't the changes start with Kenny and Ozzie?

You would think that the changes would start there, but I just dont see it happening. Jerry Reinsdorf is extremely loyal to his employees....the fact that Ozzie and Kenny brought him a championship (even if it was 5 years ago) probably makes them safe for awhile here.

You would think that the changes would start there, but I just dont see it happening. Jerry Reinsdorf is extremely loyal to his employees....the fact that Ozzie and Kenny brought him a championship (even if it was 5 years ago) probably makes them safe for awhile here.

I hear you, had a feeling you might say that.
    why would you fire the gm and manager when it's the job of the players to perform? It's not like they pulled a Pittsburgh and dumped all the major league players for prospects.

the fact that the pitching staff can't get anybody out isn't the fault of the GM or Manager. The pitching staff was to be one of hte top in the leauge and they have stunk.

and if you are going to fault kenny for bringing in Juan, you have to reward him for taking a chance on Jones.

or do they deserve to be fired for Gordo going into a slump?

maybe they just need a blow up doll
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

After retaining John Paxson, I think Jerry can be loyal to a fault. I think the wrong man got canned.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

After retaining John Paxson, I think Jerry can be loyal to a fault. I think the wrong man got canned.

Ha, yeah that is insane to think that Paxson didnt get canned. It was a good move to get rid of VDN, but Paxson should have been with him. How attractive do the Bulls look to prospective coaches/free agents when the president of b-ball ops is having a physical altercation with a coach over a player's playing time. Pretty dysfunctional.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that's just how it is as of now. I mean, if things really get out of hand and we turn into the Pirates/Royals type of team, then I'm sure there would be changes.
    Holy shit! We beat the Twins in Minnesota.....I'm liking this new Target Field so far.
    It's too bad it's only a 2 game series. I wanna play the Twins everyday!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Lets squash those twinkies!
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I wanna play the Twins everyday!

you sure about that?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    1-1 vs the twins is a better winning percentage against the rest of the league! ;)
    Davidtrios wrote:
    1-1 vs the twins is a better winning percentage against the rest of the league! ;)

Uhhhhhh, sorry to burst your bubble but the Sox are 2-3 against the Twins this year.
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
    As sad as it sounds, a split of a 2 game series up there aint bad. But god do I fucking hate the Twins.
    good call darth. i actually went to the Sox home win at the Cell vs the Twins- can't believe I forgot about that series.
    As sad as it sounds, a split of a 2 game series up there aint bad. But god do I fucking hate the Twins.

That's OK. Ozzie loves the Twins! He praises Mauer and Morneau more than some of his own players. He modeled the 2005 Sox World champs after the Twins. Ozzie is a smart man.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646

That's OK. Ozzie loves the Twins! He praises Mauer and Morneau more than some of his own players. He modeled the 2005 Sox World champs after the Twins. Ozzie is a smart man.

Considering they haven't seen a World Series in 20 years, maybe the Twins should model their teams around the 2005 Sox. But hey, you're off to a damn good start this year....

Can we please take at least 2 outta 3 from the Royals this weekend??? Ned Yost is now thier manager for god's sake!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    Hawkaroo's theme song. terrible but kinda funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbkyJeNpmjQ

and I just read Whimpp Tom Pacorek is doing the radio broadcast tonight. He was awesome back in the day with the Hawkaroo.
    AJ to the rangers rumour floating around. Who's next to go?
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Davidtrios wrote:
    AJ to the rangers rumour floating around. Who's next to go?
    I don't want to see A.J. go. Too smart of a ball player. I'd rather see him retire with the Sox.. besides, my A.J. shirt will be obsolete. It would only be good for pissing people off at Cubs games. :lol: