Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Bases Loaded, no out....1 run. Rois Stikes out and AJ hit into Double play. Who needs big innings anyway? :evil:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    stick a fork in em...they're done.

6 weeks into a season, you pretty much know what you have...and the Sox don't have much.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pukevomitshitfuckpissdamn

Danks threw a gem and they fucked it up
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Jenks, you suck

Bring in Santo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81- I blame Ozzie. Never put a closer into a non-save situation.

i'd also like to add that Gold Glove winners don't balk...let alone 2 in one game! Joe West is a POS
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

i'd also like to add that Gold Glove winners don't balk...let alone 2 in one game! Joe West is a POS

Ozzie didn't put him in. :lol:

Joe West sounds famalier. seems like he was involved in other controversies
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Oh good point.

I went on his wiki page and there is a pic of him tossing Ozzie in 2007. Fucker holds a grudge
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Ozzie didn't put him in. :lol:

Joe West sounds famalier. seems like he was involved in other controversies

Yeah, him and Ozzie always seem to get into it. You'd know him if you saw his fat face....the guy is a fucking slob.

I didn't see the highlights yet, but I can't imagine Buehrle having 2 balks in back to back innings.

But, I guess it's nice to win 2 series in a row. But now 4 in Tampa....that might not be pretty.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Davidtrios wrote:

I don't know what situation you are referring to but that is not true
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

tie game in the ninth inning when you're at home you do because there is no save situation at that point for the home team.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    For some reason, closers tend to falter in non-save situations.The Sox were up 5-1 when Jenks came in and he gave up 3 runs and got the last 2 outs with the bases loaded
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

tie game in the ninth inning when you're at home you do because there is no save situation at that point for the home team.

Ding, ding, ding
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    For some reason, closers tend to falter in non-save situations.The Sox were up 5-1 when Jenks came in and he gave up 3 runs and got the last 2 outs with the bases loaded

A little strange, but not completely unusual
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

I know it's absolutely fucking ridiculous, but Ozzie needs to stop putting Jenks in these situations. For some reason, this fucking guy has an easier time closing a game out when it's 5-4 instead of 5-1.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Jenks time is over. It's time to move on.

Sox are throwing their season away. They have talent and potential, but are going nowhere. Something major needs to be done and before the all-star break.
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    So I picked up Juan Pierre off the scrap heap in my fantasy league because Grady Sizemore went down for me. Always loved Juan Pierre, was calling for the red sox to get him back in 2002 when we went after Johnny Damon. So what does he do in his first game in my lineup? 0-5. Thanks Juan.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Just scored 16th row behind home plate for $24/ea on stubhub.
    Here's to Mark B throwing another No-Hitter vs. The Rangers!
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Just scored 16th row behind home plate for $24/ea on stubhub.
    Here's to Mark B throwing another No-Hitter vs. The Rangers!

not bad at tall.

where do you pick up the tickets?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    instant download. very easy. perfect weather too
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    instant download. very easy. perfect weather too

brilliant. i need a portable printer. i was looking at tickets to a bulls game and the prices just cratered as game time drew near.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Ya, IF i ever go back to the Cell for a game again, I'm buying day of and on stubhub.

The Rangers were hitting up a storm, Beckham forgot to cover 2nd and Kotsay is a joke of a DH
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Ya, IF i ever go back to the Cell for a game again, I'm buying day of and on stubhub.

The Rangers were hitting up a storm, Beckham forgot to cover 2nd and Kotsay is a joke of a DH

looked like gordo was headed to the infield to take a relay throw since the pitcher went home to backup the catcher.

the sox are painful to watch. either no hitting and good pitching, or no pitching and good hitting, with the occassional bad pitching and bad hitting game tossed in for good measure.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    Davidtrios wrote:
    1. Juan Pierre LF .310 3 HR 39 RBI 61 SB 118 RUNS
    2. AJ Piezynski C .302 14 HR 62 RBI
    3. Gordon Beckham 2B .325 29 HR 107 RBI 21 SB 30 Doubles 9 Triples AP MVP- 3rd Place
    4. Paul Konerko 1B .282 33 HR 111 RBI
    5. Carlos Quentin RF .287 40 HR 110 RBI
    6. Andruw Jones DH .265 30 HR 88 RBI
    7. Mark Teahen 3B .277 14 HR 65 RBI
    8. Alex Rios .278 18 HR 72 RBI 23 SB Gold Glove
    9. Alexei Ramirez SS .298 24 HR 79 RBI 22 SB Glove Glove

SP Jake Peavy 22-4 2.17 ERA 212 SOs Cy Young
    SP Mark Buehrle 18-8 3.02 ERA
    SP Gavin Floyd 15-9 3.52 ERA
    SP John Danks 15-11 3.79 ERA
    SP Freddy Garcia 12-12 4.15 ERA
    RP Bobby Jenks 45 Saves 2.20 ERA
    RP Matt Thornton 2.63 ERA 90 SOs 70 In
    RP JJ Putz 2.75 ERA
    RP Scott Linebrink 3.59 ERA
    RP Tony Pena 4.01 ERA

Overall Record 91-71 1st AL Central, World Series Champs
    How things have changed, in just 2 short months......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ya 81 the Sox are a joke- it's time to trade Konerko and Bhuerle

and Speedy- ya wayyyyy off there
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

At least you have some players you can trade....

The Cubs CANT dump anyone....They are in contract HELL!!!

I cant wait until we find out the TRUTH about Zambrano..Why was his dumbass REALLY put in the bullpen?
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

At least you have some players you can trade....

The Cubs CANT dump anyone....They are in contract HELL!!!

I cant wait until we find out the TRUTH about Zambrano..Why was his dumbass REALLY put in the bullpen?

Unless the Sox have a miraculous turnaround in June, they need to start trading everybody. What a fucking joke this team has turned into.

That's true with the Cubs. They are so backloaded with terrible contracts that it is amazing Jim Hendry still has a job.

I don't think anything happened with Zambrano goin to the pen. I think it was just another indication of how fucking clueless Hendry and Piniella are. They need to clean house. They should have done it before this season with the new owners for a completely fresh start.

Baseball is so depressing in Chicago. Thank God for the Hawks!
  • Options

Unless the Sox have a miraculous turnaround in June, they need to start trading everybody. What a fucking joke this team has turned into.

That's true with the Cubs. They are so backloaded with terrible contracts that it is amazing Jim Hendry still has a job.

I don't think anything happened with Zambrano goin to the pen. I think it was just another indication of how fucking clueless Hendry and Piniella are. They need to clean house. They should have done it before this season with the new owners for a completely fresh start.

There has to be more to it...

Taking your $18 million a year "SO called ACE" and moving him to the bullpen?? In MAY???

There has to be more to it.....
  • Options

There has to be more to it...

Taking your $18 million a year "SO called ACE" and moving him to the bullpen?? In MAY???

There has to be more to it.....

You would hope there is more to it because if there wasn't, the guys running this team are out of their minds.

One theory I heard was they put him out there to drive him nuts so he would request a trade and waive his no trade clause so they could get rid of that awful contract.
  • Options

You would hope there is more to it because if there wasn't, the guys running this team are out of their minds.

One theory I heard was they put him out there to drive him nuts so he would request a trade and waive his no trade clause so they could get rid of that awful contract.
    This is exactly what I have believed, all along.
  • Options