Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    nfanel wrote:
    also interesting to see how miserable their lives are/would have been if they never crashed.
    Except for Hurley who proclaimed to Sawyer on the plane that he was "the luckiest guy in the world". And Boone didn't seem too misearble either.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    nfanel wrote:
    loved the premiere, but i always love lost. agree that it's getting even weirder, though...more new characters, more questions...no answers!

i liked the exchange with jack and locke in the airport... "nothing is irreversible". also interesting to see how miserable their lives are/would have been if they never crashed. is the whole season supposed to be these two parallel dimensions or whatever was going on?

I'm not sure if everyone in the new flight was miserable. I mean Bernard and Rose looked happy, Hurley thought of himself as the luckiest man in the world, Sawyer didn't try and con Hurley, and Jack was still trying to do the impossible.

I did really like the scene with Jack and Locke.

I also thought it was cool to see what the smoke monster was and how the man in black used the form of Locke and Smokey to get Ben to kill Jacob.

There are a lot of things I liked out of the episode, but the one thing I really want more of is to see what happens with Fake Locke and Richard.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    I think the plane ride is after everything on the island happens. It's a flashforward, but it's a flashforward to the past. What I'm getting at is sometime during the season, Jack/the rest of the members of the island will achieve their ultimate goal of setting everything back to normal, in turn flashing themselves back to 2004 and forgetting everything. Flight 815 will be just a normal flight from Sydney to LAX.
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    FirstExit wrote:
    I think the plane ride is after everything on the island happens. It's a flashforward, but it's a flashforward to the past. What I'm getting at is sometime during the season, Jack/the rest of the members of the island will achieve their ultimate goal of setting everything back to normal, in turn flashing themselves back to 2004 and forgetting everything. Flight 815 will be just a normal flight from Sydney to LAX.

The plane ride scenes we saw last night were from 2004 and the on-island scenes were from 2007. I think your phrasing has confused me...I don't see them as flashforwards or flashbacks, but rather as parallel timelines, just showing different points.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    FirstExit wrote:
    But Juliet set off the bomb already and knew it worked.. I think they split into two alternet planes of existance. Maybe once everything on the island is resolved they will merge. The characters seem to be interacting and helping eachother out after the plane landed. Maybe they are meant to help eachother and have a role in fixing eachothers lives. At this point them still on the island maybe symbolic of whats happening in reality (them landing without crashing).. just a thought.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    FirstExit wrote:
    But Juliet set off the bomb already and knew it worked.. I think they split into two alternet planes of existance. Maybe once everything on the island is resolved they will merge. The characters seem to be interacting and helping eachother out after the plane landed. Maybe they are meant to help eachother and have a role in fixing eachothers lives. At this point them still on the island maybe symbolic of whats happening in reality (them landing without crashing).. just a thought.

this is sort of what I think, they will eventually merge in a way, but it is two sperate realities. That they were all supposed to meet and be a part of each others lives and that time will correct itself no matter what.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

The plane ride scenes we saw last night were from 2004 and the on-island scenes were from 2007. I think your phrasing has confused me...I don't see them as flashforwards or flashbacks, but rather as parallel timelines, just showing different points.

It's in 2004, but it's in 2004 without them ever crashing. Therefore Farraday's plan was successful.
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    FirstExit wrote:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

It's in 2004, but it's in 2004 without them ever crashing. Therefore Farraday's plan was successful.

Agreed.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Poncier wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    [
    What is the significance of the hand-carved ankh inside the guitar case?
    The combination of ankh and guitar can add up to only onE thing...it foretells of an invasion...

The Vinnie Vincent Invasion!!!

1067196755_IZVinnie00.JPG
    aa.Vinnie.Vincent.jpg
    ha!!! leave it to you.....
  • Options
    I think they split into two alternet planes of existance. Maybe once everything on the island is resolved they will merge. The characters seem to be interacting and helping eachother out after the plane landed. Maybe they are meant to help eachother and have a role in fixing eachothers lives. At this point them still on the island maybe symbolic of whats happening in reality (them landing without crashing).. just a thought.
    so they're basically stealing the idea behind the gwenyth paltrow movie "sliding doors". :o

i like that idea, though...that they'll all help each other fix their lives...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    nfanel wrote:
    I think they split into two alternet planes of existance. Maybe once everything on the island is resolved they will merge. The characters seem to be interacting and helping eachother out after the plane landed. Maybe they are meant to help eachother and have a role in fixing eachothers lives. At this point them still on the island maybe symbolic of whats happening in reality (them landing without crashing).. just a thought.
    so they're basically stealing the idea behind the gwenyth paltrow movie "sliding doors". :o

i like that idea, though...that they'll all help each other fix their lives...

We need Doc Brown to explain this.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Get_Right wrote:
    well not too many answers
    and a long list of questions

Why was Kate hanging from a tree directly after the bomb?
    Why is the imploded Swan station still there?
    How does Juliet know "it" worked?
    Why is Jacob's nemesis disappointed with the Others?
    How does Jacob know about Jin's meeting with the French team in 1988?
    Why does Charlie try to kill himself?
    Why does he think he was "supposed to die?"
    Who are the Temple Dwellers sending the signal to?
    What exactly do the flares signal?
    Why do the Others think that Jacob's nemesis is coming to the Temple?
    Why couldn't he enter the Temple while Jacob was alive?
    What is the significance of the blood on Jack's neck in the plane bathroom?
    Where is the coffin containing Christian Shephard?
    How did Dogan know that the ankh contained a message?
    What did the message say?
    How did the translator know what Jacob's letter meant without looking at it?
    What is the significance of the water in the Temple?
    Why is it no longer clear?
    What are the "risks" that Dogan mentions?
    Why do the Others wait for the hourglass to run out when holding Sayid under water?
    What is the ash?
    What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body?
    Where does Richard recognize Jacob's nemesis from?
    Why was Richard in chains?
    Why does Jacob's nemesis want to go home?
    Where/When is home?
    Where is Jacob's nemesis taking Richard?
    How did Desmond end up on Flight 815, and where did he go?
    Why Jack didn't remember Desmond inside Oceanic 815, whereas he did remember him instantly at [Swan|the Swan]] station?
    What are the specific causes of the changes in the alternate reality?
    Why is the Island underwater?
    Why are the Others at the Temple in trouble if Sayid dies?
    What exactly does Desmond really know?
    How was Sayid resurrected?

many they better start answering some the questions instead of more open ended stuff!

Holy crap, that's a lot of fucking questions....how can you enjoy the show with all those questions swirling around in your head? Just enjoy the ride...

Anyway, regarding how Juliet knows it worked....she said something about 'getting coffee, and we can go Dutch,' right before she died...I'm thinking she flashed into the parallel dimension or whatever and she sees herself meeting Sawyer, having that conversation at the same time..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    The Champ wrote:

Holy crap, that's a lot of fucking questions....how can you enjoy the show with all those questions swirling around in your head?

I have a big head ;)
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    well not too many answers
    and a long list of questions

Why was Kate hanging from a tree directly after the bomb?
    Why is the imploded Swan station still there?
    How does Juliet know "it" worked?
    Why is Jacob's nemesis disappointed with the Others?
    How does Jacob know about Jin's meeting with the French team in 1988?
    Why does Charlie try to kill himself?
    Why does he think he was "supposed to die?"
    Who are the Temple Dwellers sending the signal to?
    What exactly do the flares signal?
    Why do the Others think that Jacob's nemesis is coming to the Temple?
    Why couldn't he enter the Temple while Jacob was alive?
    What is the significance of the blood on Jack's neck in the plane bathroom?
    Where is the coffin containing Christian Shephard?
    How did Dogan know that the ankh contained a message?
    What did the message say?
    How did the translator know what Jacob's letter meant without looking at it?
    What is the significance of the water in the Temple?
    Why is it no longer clear?
    What are the "risks" that Dogan mentions?
    Why do the Others wait for the hourglass to run out when holding Sayid under water?
    What is the ash?
    What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body?
    Where does Richard recognize Jacob's nemesis from?
    Why was Richard in chains?
    Why does Jacob's nemesis want to go home?
    Where/When is home?
    Where is Jacob's nemesis taking Richard?
    How did Desmond end up on Flight 815, and where did he go?
    Why Jack didn't remember Desmond inside Oceanic 815, whereas he did remember him instantly at [Swan|the Swan]] station?
    What are the specific causes of the changes in the alternate reality?
    Why is the Island underwater?
    Why are the Others at the Temple in trouble if Sayid dies?
    What exactly does Desmond really know?
    How was Sayid resurrected?

many they better start answering some the questions instead of more open ended stuff!
    The water isn't clear because Jacob is dead.

They were waiting for the hourglass to finish because that's how long it takes to heal the people.

Or at least I think those are the answers to your questions.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    Well i missed the premiere that nigh, had to work. Caught it the next morning on Hulu. Can this show get anymore weird? I'm not even gonna speculate what is going to happen and just enjoy the show.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

You're either a huge LOST fan that truly gets that a horrible cell phone recording of a season premier such as this could not possibly be appreciated in the same way as seeing that very same episode of LOST for the first time on ones own TV screen... with the build up of adrenaline and excitement that is only being escalated by the many commercial breaks that begin right after leaving the hardcore fans with a shocking scene of, "what the heck was that!"

Or you're covertly informing us that the fan recordings of the Philly shows should not be listened to because the 10c will provide such an awesome and amazing experience that will have us reliving the moments of the band in all their four show epic glory. You understand that we should not be wasting our time listening to fans singing off key, or some girl with a high pitched squeal yelling "I love you Eddie!!!!", or worse... a man screaming "DIRTY FRANK!!!!" embarrassingly feminine. You're slightly hinting that those poor recordings could not possibly compare to the wonders of the amazing box set and the DVD('s) that the 10c team is hard at work finishing up.

Either that or I'm stuck in some strange alternate universe where Walt still looks like a 12 year old. WAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,290
    i like when there are more questions.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,290
    Poncier wrote:

i don't know about that. it lead the week with the most illegal downloads prior to the release.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob%27s_tapestry
    i saw in the last episode of the 5th season this but couldnt see clear the greek ancient words that jacob has in those blancket..so here is it..i found it..
    i guess,,good and bad,fighting..deads comes alive..+ this john ,i wanna go home..is like in my mind that smoke is evil and the island is his prison..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    and here the foto..the words from Greek Mythology ,Odyssey.the story is the one Oddyseas try to get home after the war in Troy
    246211lost516.jpg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Visions of Johanna - Bob Dylan Lyrics
    Damon Lindelof said that in this lyrics of Bob Dylan song u can get alot about Lost meaning..

Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin' to be so quiet ?
    We sit here stranded, though we're all doin our best to deny it
    And Louise holds a handfull of rain, tempting you to defy it
    Lights flicker from the opposite loft
    In this room the heat pipes just cough
    The country music station plays soft
    But there's nothing really nothing to turn of
    Just Louise and her lover so entwined
    And these visions of Johanna that conquer my mind.

In the empty lot where the ladies play blindman's bluff with the key chain
    And the all-night girls they whisper of escapades out on the D-train
    We can hear the night watcman click his flashlight
    Ask himself if it's him or them that's really insane
    Louise she's all right she's just near
    She's delicate and seems like the mirror
    But she just makes it all too concise and too clear
    That Johanna's not here
    The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face
    Where these visions of Johanna have now taken my place.

Now, little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously
    He brags of his misery, he likes to live dangerously
    And when bringing her name up
    He speaks of a farewell kiss to me
    He's sure got a lotta gall to be so useless and all
    Muttering small talk at the wall while I'm in the hall
    Oh, how can I explain ?
    It's so hard to get on
    And these visions of Johanna they kept me up past the dawn.

Inside the museums, Infinity goes up on trial
    Voices echo this is what salvation must be like after a while
    But Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues
    You can tell by the way she smiles
    See the primitive wallflower freeze
    When the jelly-faced women all sneeze
    Hear the one with the mustache say, "Jeeze
    I can't find my knees"
    Oh, jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule
    But these visions of Johanna, they make it all seem so cruel.

The peddler now speaks to the countess who's pretending to care for him
    Saying, "Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him"
    But like Louise always says
    "Ya can't look at much, can ya man "

As she, herself prepares for him
    And Madonna, she still has not showed
    We see this empty cage now corrode
    Where her cape of the stage once had flowed
    The fiddler, he now steps to the road
    He writes ev'rything's been returned which was owed
    On the back of the fish truck that loads
    While my conscience explodes
    The harmonicas play the skeleton keys and the rain
    And these visions of Johanna are now all that remain.
  • Options
    I watched the first hour-(i.e. the recap show-not the new episode) again last night
    two things
    when talking about John Locke he is introduced as "a man that had completely lost his faith"

and

no mention of Walt or Michael at all-I found that to be a bit strange
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I watched the first hour-(i.e. the recap show-not the new episode) again last night
    two things
    when talking about John Locke he is introduced as "a man that had completely lost his faith"

and

no mention of Walt or Michael at all-I found that to be a bit strange
    i thought they showed vincent and said his owner was walt, who left the island with his father?
  • Options
    Why was Kate hanging from a tree directly after the bomb? Who cares lol, theatric effect.

Why is the imploded Swan station still there? Because the plan worked and they got flashed to 2004.

How does Juliet know "it" worked? Because she's dead, and assumedly she's in touch with whatever "higher power" Lost believes in and just knows this stuff.

Why is Jacob's nemesis disappointed with the Others? IMO it's because they didn't defend Richard and/or since they were pretty much Jacob's bitches.

How does Jacob know about Jin's meeting with the French team in 1988? Seriously? It's Jacob dude...

Why does Charlie try to kill himself? Idk, he was big on drugs so you never know.

Why does he think he was "supposed to die?" Idk

Who are the Temple Dwellers sending the signal to? The Others, and everyone else on the island

What exactly do the flares signal? That the Man In Black/Smokey is coming

Why do the Others think that Jacob's nemesis is coming to the Temple? Because he is lol

Why couldn't he enter the Temple while Jacob was alive? Jacob had complete control of the island, something along those lines

What is the significance of the blood on Jack's neck in the plane bathroom? Idk

Where is the coffin containing Christian Shephard? If you see my theory above, the scenes on the plane where they don't know each other is a FLASHFORWARD to after Faraday's plan worked. They're back in 2004, don't know each other, and this never happens. Christian Shephard was NOT part of the "variables" that Faraday mentioned, therefore he was not flashed back when the plan worked.

What is the significance of the hand-carved ankh inside the guitar case? The giant statue. Just kind of a message to prove the Losties are who they are.

How did Dogan know that the ankh contained a message? It's probably a procedure layed out for him that if he sees a giant Ankh it means something and there's a message.

What did the message say? That they were in big trouble if Sayid died (they answered this)

How did the translator know what Jacob's letter meant without looking at it? Because he got instructions in Japanese from that one guy.

What is the significance of the water in the Temple? Healing power, fountain of youth kinda, etc.

Why is it no longer clear? Probably because Jacob is dead

What are the "risks" that Dogan mentions? That Sayid won't make it through....

Why do the Others wait for the hourglass to run out when holding Sayid under water? That's procedure.

What is the ash? Keeps the smoke monster away.

What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body? I don't remember this part.

Where does Richard recognize Jacob's nemesis from? Richard has been on the island since the Black Rock. The Black Rock encountered Jacob/Other Guy when it got to the island. Richard also knows because he was Jacob's messenger.

Why was Richard in chains? Servitude to Jacob

Why does Jacob's nemesis want to go home? Good question.

Where/When is home? Good question.

Where is Jacob's nemesis taking Richard? Probably the temple, or to prepare for a battle.

How did Desmond end up on Flight 815, and where did he go? Desmond was included in the "variables" that got flashed back to 2004, so it probably just ended up like that I guess. Juts a theory.

Why Jack didn't remember Desmond inside Oceanic 815, whereas he did remember him instantly at [Swan|the Swan]] station? It's a new Oceanic 815.

What are the specific causes of the changes in the alternate reality? There is none.

Why is the Island underwater? The plan worked, and to make the plan work, they somehow sunk the island.
    Why are the Others at the Temple in trouble if Sayid dies? Because they have no Jacob to protect them

What exactly does Desmond really know? Not much at all imo.

How was Sayid resurrected? He is now Jacob.
  • Options
    Get_Right alot of those are my personal theories, but some of your questions were either answered on the show or were kinda just "implied" :)
  • Options
    Visions of Johanna - Bob Dylan Lyrics
    Damon Lindelof said that in this lyrics of Bob Dylan song u can get alot about Lost meaning..

I'm very familiar with this song...where'd you hear them say that?
  • Options
    FirstExit wrote:
    Get_Right alot of those are my personal theories, but some of your questions were either answered on the show or were kinda just "implied" :)
    I know-some of those are reaching at straws
    the only point I was making is that the first episode of the season where the writers promised answers
    just created more questions! parallel realities, two John Lockes, a "new" set of others, separation of the ajira passengers

I mean come on, throw us dogs a bigger bone!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    FirstExit wrote:
    What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body? I don't remember this part.
    This was in the temple when they thought Sayid was dead. I interpreted it as Miles (who gets messages from the dead) was puzzled because he wasn't "hearing" anything from Sayid. Presumably because Sayid wasn't actually dead or because Jacob had taken over his body.
    FirstExit wrote:
    Why was Richard in chains? Servitude to Jacob
    Maybe Richard originally arrived on the Black Rock in chains? That seems the most likely although I wondered if Richard was from ancient Egypt and was a slave there. I still don't quite get all the Egyptian references.

Just my thoughts. :ugeek:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."