Options

*** Adelaide Fanviews Here 11/17/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Will there be bootlegs of this tour?
    Adelaide '03, '06 x2, '09 and EV Solo x2 '11. New York '16 MSG2.
  • Options
    fompsweeva wrote:
    Will there be bootlegs of this tour?

Judging by the bootlegs being released for everyshow since 2000 I think you're pretty safe on that :-)
    alivein95 wrote:
    I must admit though, I am really worried how my 31 year old body is going to handle standing up for so long! My back just can't handle it anymore, but the pain I am going to be in after will be worth it!

I really hope people are couteous and that we don't get any "arseholes" like you guys... I agree, wish we had a 10C section for those of us that want to be able to truly enjoy the music without any drunk idiots.

Same! Glad I'm not the only 30+ thinking it's going to be a long night on the pins. Lets hope the Melbourne weather holds out and it doesn't rain.
  • Options
    AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Boston, MA Posts: 347
    Kinda funny to see a 10C'er, Kat herself, write I Got ID. We all know it's I Got Id, and you especially should know that. I'm just saying.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    GS89073 wrote:
    It was a great show with lots of rare songs like In My Tree. The really Jammed on RVM, that's the best version I've ever heard. Where can I get a Heaps Good SA shirt like Mike wore?
    Urban Cow on Frome Rd., I think.

WHAT A SHOW.
  • Options
    Same! Glad I'm not the only 30+ thinking it's going to be a long night on the pins. Lets hope the Melbourne weather holds out and it doesn't rain.

Yeah I'm a bit worried about how I'm gonna hold out in Bris! Will be getting there at lunch and it will be a long arvo standing round in the sun - lets hope its not too hot!
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Hail Ed wrote:
    Hi PJD!!

Remember Gav and Mel from the Perth pre meet at the Brisi Hotel? Well it's us and we're heading to each Aussie show. We might see you along the way.
    Adelaide show was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway, might bump into you (sign your shirt)

Seeya
    Gav and Mel

HELLLLLLO !!
    Can we please have a discription of Gavs' face when he found out on Monday, that you guys were doing the whole Oz Tour??
    Gav, I want your wife!!!! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Wow Adelaide !!! Great list sooo wish that they played State of Lover and Trust in Perth but you can't have everything! sigh......so wanted to leave life behind and hit the road to see shows in the rest of oz!! anyone get any good vids?
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    Was it the South Australia "Heaps Good" t-shirt? I've seen that... my coworker likes to wear it, lol... I mean, she's surrounded by people from Sydney ;)
    Yep. The one with the map of SA. It got nice laugh when they showed a close up on the screens.

If anyone from out of town is heading to the melbourne show I recommend hitting up the Cherry bar on AC/DC lane (off flinders lane) for drinks afterwards.
  • Options
  • Options
    Holy Shit! Adelaide got a fuckin' show! In My Tree, GSMF opener, No Way and Smile. Fuck me!
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Holy Shit! Adelaide got a fuckin' show! In My Tree, GSMF opener, No Way and Smile. Fuck me!

What this dude said....
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    So glad I was there - floating on air all day today, cant get enough and madly trying to come up with ways to get to Melbourne... the long road looks to be the best way at the moment. Hope to be there otherwise enjoy guys!
  • Options
    Awesome night! This was my fourth PJ show. I have an injury so unfortunately had to exchange for seated tickets. But I still loved it. Glad they had the big screens coz Eddie and the guys looked about 1cm tall from where we were sitting. My highlight of the night was Rearview Mirror, one of my fave PJ songs. Wish I had seen Ben Harper but we didn't manage to get there on time, so was quite happy that he joined the guys on stage for a couple of songs.

I was actually glad they didn't play the 2 songs everyone wanted to hear (Betterman and Daughter). Heeheehee!
  • Options
    That was fucking amazing show, cant belive how awesome it was that they started playing on sunset with release no less. I can not find the right words to describe how amazing the show was, the set list was fantastic. As it was great to here every song on the set list esspecially the ones I had not heard live before (release, no way and in my tree, smile for example). I am looking foward to seeing them in melbourne friday night.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Unbelievable.

Just a quickie to say that last night was absolutely amazing. Perfect weather (not as hot as expected), perfect surroundings (my first time in Adelaide and the oval is spectacular - felt bad for that amazing turf which was not looking so perfect by the end of the night), PERFECT SET LIST (Kat, Pearl Jam, whoever it was, or even if it was just good luck - thank you for playing 19 songs from my recently constructed adelaide dream setlists!), perfect position (in between Mike and Ed, about 5 from the front - not on the barrier, but the best spot I've ever been in!), perfect company (my brother and my sister right by my side, and my other Sydney mates not far away either) - all the ingredients for what was my favourite show ever... yep, I said it! I have no idea what the crowd was like because I didn't care. I was mesmerised by the band right from the beginning. I'm not ashamed to say that it all got too much for me when they played Release to open (I picked that one!) and my eyes welled up (and as I looked to the right I saw my sister's were too!) - from that point on I knew we were going to witness an amazing show. Such a great vibe, so many random amazing highlights - Brain of J, In My Tree, I Got Shit, No Way, Lukin/Blood combo, SOLAT, Smile - and the usual stuff was incredible as well. I personally don't mind one bit that they didn't play Daughter or Betterman - I adore those songs, but the concert didn't need them. We (and I speak for all Pearl Jam fans here) were all completely blown away last night. An incredible experience and one that I will treasure forever. It was nice to hang out with a few TenClubbers afterwards too - legs were so sore and was bloody (but happily) exhausted, but so glad we made the trip out to have a few casual drinks and listen to some more great PJ tunes. Thanks Raiden for organising that too mate.

Above all, thank you, Pearl Jam. You are the greatest band that rocks this planet right now.
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Options
    what an unbelievable set list! cannot believe they played in my tree with the drum and bass intro! i am so pumped for melb, syd and brissy.
    hormonesfiringlikea50ftromanyeah,pleasedontmakemeexplain
  • Options
    Best PJ show i've been to,4 and counting. The energy was electrfying and the lads were harder,heavier and tighter than i've ever heard.Thanks Pearl Jam,till we meet again. oh and someone get the man a decent red,i think he deserves something better than a $7 bottle from sip and save. Song of the night 'smile' loved that song since i was a kid.still on a massive high,dont wanna come down.
    I know we cant all stay here forever.
    So i'm gonna write my words on the face of today,
    and then i'll paint it.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbixg3Pc-A

Another one of my vids from last night. :)
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137
    What more can I say....simply amazing! Unbelievable setlist for my hometown show at the best oval in the world. Highlights were Release, In my Tree, Brain of J, I got ID, SOLAT, RVM & Smile.....

The greatest live band in the world just got better!!!!

Cant' wait to Melbourne Friday night.
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing concert! My second Pearl Jam concert and first as a TC member (which I have to say was definitely worth it!!!).

Easily the better of the two concerts, being front row slightly to the right was just awesome, shame we had a view of the cameraman's butt, but Eddie sure made up for it by heading our way more than once.

And I too am a softie, and shed a tear when Release played first up. Then each and every song - just brilliant!

Thank you Pearl Jam for yet another memorable night.

Now I regret not buying Melbourne TC tickets when I had the chance....
  • Options
    Mike's SA Heaps good shirt was a classic, but the Angels Tshirt he had on before was a pearler!

Does anyone know what happens to the left over tour tshirts.... The PJ shirt with the crows logo and number 17 on the back was a surprise.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited November 2009
    Couldn't have asked for a better set, absolutely rapt I was there for these songs.
    Songs off my fav album (No Code) played, f****ing stoked!
    Thank you PJ!

When do the boots come out?

Shame there were such d***heads, the a'hole guy and the bogan and his pig in front of me, scuffle broke out and the guy was thrown out.

Adelaide Oval is beautiful (this is the reason I really wanted to go to this show because of the setting, it's perfect), having watched many cricket matches on tv I always wanted to go here.

Bit disappointed the crowd wasn't moving, come on people gotta get into it, not look bored there.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Last night was priceless. This was my 6th show in Adelaide and I feel blessed to live here because every show feels like a continuation of their last.
    We had a perfect spot on the barrier about 2 metres up the middle on the left of the stage and met some amazing fellow 10C's.

I can't speak for the rest of the crowd because my eyes were directed at the stage and had a great view of all the guys.

Starting with Release was perfect, it felt like it was meant to be. Why Go got the blood pumping and from then on it felt like a dream with Brain of J, In My Tree, Faithful, I got id, Lukin and Blood. Thrown into that mix was a few of their new songs(my highlights Got Some, Amongst The Waves and Unthought Known). They seemed like they had fun playing the new stuff and it sounded fucking amazing.

Encore 1 - Just Breathe was great to hear live. Red Mosquito and Indifference with Ben was sensational, especially Indifference. Ed & Ben seemed like they were in their own world and I realised how much music means to them and we were lucky to share that with them.
    SOLAT followed with myself and the rest of the crowd going off. By this time I felt like I was dreaming only to be reawakened with The Real Me and Fixer.
    RVM was a song I have been waiting to hear for a longtime and they nailed it with a massive build up to the end, I don't think I have ever sung so loud.

Encore 2 blew me away with Smile, Life Wasted and by this time I had pretty much lost my voice. Alive was a crowd pleaser and the best live version I have ever heard, taking me back to when I was 16 hearing it for the first time.
    Yellow Ledbetter finished of what was the best night of my life.

Ed chatting to crowd all through the night makes me realise we are all human beings in this together. I just think he's the best singer/songwriter in the world.

By the way – watch out all of you arseholes.... ha ha! :D:D:D
  • Options
    The comment Eddie made about ''a little coup going on here'' was funny.
    Then I saw the Rat cards on the screen and laughed, funny stuff.
    Thought they'd play it.

I am on such a high now I am in no mood to go back to work tomorrrow.
    I am wearing my gray tour shirt I got to work on casual Friday (only there until 12 and I am off to Melb show)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Did anyone see that group outside gate 6 in the line singing Nirvana's Lithium?
    Wtf lol @ a PJ concert was the comments made by people near me lol
  • Options
    What a setlist, what a night.

Like a lot of people there last night, this was the best show I have been to. Amazing. Looking forward to Melbourne on Friday. It will be nearly impossible to top that set though!
    "this is such a happening tail-pipe of a party"

Adelaide 98; Adelaide 03; Melbourne 03 #2; Brisbane 06 #2; Adelaide 06 #1 & #2; Perth 06; Adelaide 09; Melbourne 09; Gold Coast BDO 14; Adelaide BDO 14
    EV Aus 2011: Adelaide #1 & #2; Canberra
  • Options
    fompsweeva wrote:

Well Done!! Absolutely brilliant video.

When you scanned through the crowd near the end of the this video my partner Jaimee can be seen.
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    would anyone be able to tell me when liam finn starts i'm not going to get there till 7.Thanks
  • Options
    What a fantastic night!! This was only my third concert, even though I've been in the 10c for over 7 years.
    I have to say the treatment of the 10c members is awesome, standard GA were held back until the 10 clubbers were established in the ground.

The poster was awesome as well.....another great design.

My girlfriend and I didn't stay up the front all night as we met up with some mates to rock out with, however to top one of the best nights of our lives, Ed threw his tamborine to my girlfriend. Some guy offered us $3K for it there and then. We couldn't have declined quicker!!

Can't wait for Melbourne and Sydney, first time we've followed the boys out of the state.

We were on such a high for the rest of the night.
  • Options
    hollands wrote:
    would anyone be able to tell me when liam finn starts i'm not going to get there till 7.Thanks

He was on around 5.30pm. Ben Harper came on approx around 7 but may be a little off with the times but shouldn't be by much.

Have fun. Hope you have a brilliant night (you will).