Options

*** Adelaide Fanviews Here 11/17/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    TJJ76 wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    I'm thinking of jumping the fence for the Sydney concert as no-one seems to have a spare tick for sale....
    What wrist bands did you have at Adelaide????
    I could grab my one from Perth and glue it back together. :geek:
    It took me two days till I took it off., mint condition.

We had green ones in Adelaide and every state will have a different colour.

All is good...got my Syd tick now :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Adelaide Oval concert was a dream come true...

and just wandering if anyone has a high quality image of when they came on stage and played Release with the sun setting in the background.

Thought that would be a great one to get framed as what a sight that stage was at that moment.
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    TJJ76 wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    I'm thinking of jumping the fence for the Sydney concert as no-one seems to have a spare tick for sale....
    What wrist bands did you have at Adelaide????
    I could grab my one from Perth and glue it back together. :geek:
    It took me two days till I took it off., mint condition.

We had green ones in Adelaide and every state will have a different colour.

All is good...got my Syd tick now :lol::lol:

Nice work, enjoy. Wish i was going to all the shows.
  • Options
    Now I know how this isn't gonna go down well with some of the people on this board, but, whats with all the elitist attitudes??? Just because a few people walked away from the show dissappointed cause they didn't hear their favourite Triple M songs, doesn't mean they are the lowest forms of pearl jam fans and how dare they go to a pearl jam show and form an opinion of what they saw...

I love the band and have seen them play both here and overseas, but I would never judge a person they way some people are being judged through these fanviews. It's reading comments like these that kinda make you embarrassed to be associated with these 'purist' fans...

Having said that, Both Adelaide and Perth look like they got great setlists and I'm looking forward to what the band will pull out tomorrow night in Melbourne.

Have to agree!! Like all great Art ....beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or the ear ;)
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Pre-Set: Under Pressure - Ed with Ben Harper and the Relentless 7

Set List: Release, Why Go, Gonna See My Friend, Brain Of J, In My Tree, Severed Hand, Faithfull, Got Some, Even Flow, Johnny Guitar, Amongst The Waves, I Got ID, Small Town, No Way, Unthought Known, Lukin, Blood
    1st encore: Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, State Of Love And Trust, The Real Me-(Townshend), The Fixer, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Smile, Life Wasted, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

It's taken me a few days to post my thoughts on Adelaide because I have been deeply moved by the concert I witnessed on Tuesday night. When you look back at the setlist and just see the songs that we were privileged to see it just hits you straight in the heart and makes you release that when Ed says he loves Adelaide he means it because set lists like that do not just get played for anyone.
    It's a set list for the 'Faithfull'. All the other fans who only know the major hits are entitled to feel disappointed not seeing - last kiss, Betterman, Jeremy etc. I like those songs but I have seen them live plenty of times.
    For me, a fan a PJ since 1991, to see/hear songs like Release, Faithfull, Blood, lukin & smile it was it man.
    But the highlight of the night for me was Unthought known, this song is massive live or not, anyone who attends coming concerts will rock when they play it.

On another point Liam Finn was brilliant, first time I have heard his stuff, he is a passionate musician and I can't wait to see hime again.

Lastly, do we think on here that Pearl Jam will be back in Australia. The magnitude of the gigs here say to me that this could be it for us. The last song on the new album is 'The End'. It scares me to think it possibly could be.
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions;
    Was the line to collect 10c tickets seperate from the line to enter the show? And if so could you only get to the entry point with your tickets already collected?
    Also, is it OK to bring bottled water in to the concert???

Thanks heaps!
  • Options
    Has anyone got some photo's of ed sitting at the end of the stage from tuesday night?
  • Options
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions;
    Was the line to collect 10c tickets seperate from the line to enter the show? And if so could you only get to the entry point with your tickets already collected?

The line to collect tickets and to enter for members was the same. It was at a different gate to the rest of the public and although only listed as 15 mins pre entry, they let everyone go in before the bigger public line was opened.

And if you're in Melbourne i haven't helped you out one bit looking at the time, hehe.
  • Options
    ooba Fox wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    Pre-Set: Under Pressure - Ed with Ben Harper and the Relentless 7

Set List: Release, Why Go, Gonna See My Friend, Brain Of J, In My Tree, Severed Hand, Faithfull, Got Some, Even Flow, Johnny Guitar, Amongst The Waves, I Got ID, Small Town, No Way, Unthought Known, Lukin, Blood
    1st encore: Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, State Of Love And Trust, The Real Me-(Townshend), The Fixer, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Smile, Life Wasted, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

It's taken me a few days to post my thoughts on Adelaide because I have been deeply moved by the concert I witnessed on Tuesday night. When you look back at the setlist and just see the songs that we were privileged to see it just hits you straight in the heart and makes you release that when Ed says he loves Adelaide he means it because set lists like that do not just get played for anyone.
    It's a set list for the 'Faithfull'. All the other fans who only know the major hits are entitled to feel disappointed not seeing - last kiss, Betterman, Jeremy etc. I like those songs but I have seen them live plenty of times.
    For me, a fan a PJ since 1991, to see/hear songs like Release, Faithfull, Blood, lukin & smile it was it man.
    But the highlight of the night for me was Unthought known, this song is massive live or not, anyone who attends coming concerts will rock when they play it.

On another point Liam Finn was brilliant, first time I have heard his stuff, he is a passionate musician and I can't wait to see hime again.

Lastly, do we think on here that Pearl Jam will be back in Australia. The magnitude of the gigs here say to me that this could be it for us. The last song on the new album is 'The End'. It scares me to think it possibly could be.

Oh good lord, I hope not. That would be truly devastating if they never toured again. I feel heavy in the heart just thinking that... Don't quote me on it as I was in a state of euphoria on Tuesday night, but I vaguely remember Eddie saying something at the end about having to do this again? Can anyone remember exactly what he said as they exited the stage or did I imagine that? I know I was thinking it!! :lol:
    Don't see some men as half empty
    See them half full of shit
  • Options
    ooba Fox wrote:

And yet they are selling a t-shirt everywhere that says "Pearl Jam - Built To Last"

Why waste time on imagining it as 'the end'? I think that it is just the beginning...
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    Hello my overheated South Aussie brethren - Perth gig was awesome, looks like yours was too (except for the dickheads - seem to be reading about those from every gig so far - giving us Aussies a bad name). Anyway can someone please post pics of your gigs specific merchandise - ie: the crows shirt and poster, be interested to see how each of the states gear differs.
  • Options
    Loved the show, had to sit outside due to no ticket and work, very sad. Funny though the only Adelaide concerts I've missed are the ones at the Adelaide oval! still the sound was awesome my friends couldn't believe the quality, but PJ are as good if not better live than on cd. loved the set list, hearing ben harper with PJ was awesome had to go home and watch indifference on the dvd and pretend i was inside. What a treat. Glad it was a cooler night for you and the crowd, don't give up on our wine I'm sure you'll remember the other good bottles you've had and shared with the crowd (crazy mary in 2003). Thanks come back soon. Any chance of a smaller, more initimate show, say at thebarton or somewhere like that, would be a real treat?
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137
    Review in today's Sunday Mail in Adelaide:

5 Stars and last line was "Gig of the year so far"!!!

Awesome....good to see our music writers know their shit.
  • Options
    Raiden wrote:

Urgh, I never buy that shitty thing but someone text me saying there was a great revue from Tuesday so I went to buy a copy and they'd run out. I still haven't read it! Well given it's mid-November, I can't see anyone topping Tuesday night's performance in a hurry!! Oh, hold on, Isn't Britney still to come? haha! ;)
  • Options
    Simply sensational!! Great venue. Perfect night. My highlight was Unthought Known and also loved In My Tree, Alive, Why Go and Yellow Ledbetter. Nothing from Vitalogy, Binaural or Riot Act was fine by me. Fuck I love how much they change setlists. Thank you Pearl Jam.
    One for each day, since I fell apart
  • Options
    MeganCogs wrote:
    Raiden wrote:

Urgh, I never buy that shitty thing but someone text me saying there was a great revue from Tuesday so I went to buy a copy and they'd run out. I still haven't read it! Well given it's mid-November, I can't see anyone topping Tuesday night's performance in a hurry!! Oh, hold on, Isn't Britney still to come? haha! ;)

how can britney top it, as she aint performing at all she is just turning up to get paid
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    MeganCogs wrote:
    Raiden wrote:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 01,00.html

From the Advertiser on Wednesday.
  • Options
    red_devred_dev Adelaide, Australia Posts: 147
    Awesome night, awesome venue, awesome people (besides one a**hole), awesome music and 1 AWESOME BAND. Pearl Jam is the greatest band in the world fullstop!

1995 - Adelaide (Memorial Drive Tennis Centre)
    1998 - Adelaide (Thebarton Oval)
    2003 - Adelaide (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide I (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2006 - Adelaide II (Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
    2009 - Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2011 - Eddie Vedder (Thebarton Theatre)
    2014 - Adelaide Big Day Out
  • Options
    Lastly, do we think on here that Pearl Jam will be back in Australia. The magnitude of the gigs here say to me that this could be it for us. The last song on the new album is 'The End'. It scares me to think it possibly could be.[/quote]

Oh good lord, I hope not. That would be truly devastating if they never toured again. I feel heavy in the heart just thinking that... Don't quote me on it as I was in a state of euphoria on Tuesday night, but I vaguely remember Eddie saying something at the end about having to do this again? Can anyone remember exactly what he said as they exited the stage or did I imagine that? I know I was thinking it!! :lol:[/quote]

Yeah I hope not too, but it has crossed my mind. I am making plans to go and see them in the states next year, assuming they do any dates, waiting for concerts every 3 years is just too long.
    I would love to go to Seattle can anyone advise how you get 10C tickets for USA gigs?
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    Oh my god; the concert was friggin' awesome!!! So much better outside; and the weather was perfect. Such a great set list too. I introduced my dad to the music of Pearl Jam a few years ago and he came along for his first PJ concert. He turned to me at the end and thanked me for making him come (he was a little worried he was going to be too old). I'm so glad I was able to share the experience with someone who has introduced so many difference music styles to me over the years :D

I almost cried when Eddie came out to sing with Ben Harper. I can't pinpoint one particular song that was a standout; the whole concert was a standout.

Can't wait for the next tour; don't leave it so long between drinks.
  • Options
    VixenVixen Posts: 70
    officegirl wrote:
    Now I know how this isn't gonna go down well with some of the people on this board, but, whats with all the elitist attitudes??? Just because a few people walked away from the show dissappointed cause they didn't hear their favourite Triple M songs, doesn't mean they are the lowest forms of pearl jam fans and how dare they go to a pearl jam show and form an opinion of what they saw...

I love the band and have seen them play both here and overseas, but I would never judge a person they way some people are being judged through these fanviews. It's reading comments like these that kinda make you embarrassed to be associated with these 'purist' fans...

Having said that, Both Adelaide and Perth look like they got great setlists and I'm looking forward to what the band will pull out tomorrow night in Melbourne.

Have to agree!! Like all great Art ....beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or the ear ;)

Agreed..some people just reeeeally want to hear a particular song live..i had a few 'particulars' on my list before i ever seen PJ live, i still have a few 'particular' songs off that list left,..Wishlist, In Hiding, Let Me Sleep, ..there's just something about certain songs that makes you want to hear them live..eg: Eds vocals in In Hiding is something i would love to hear live, he has such a mad range of vocal changes in that song it gives me chills..
    Wishlist..it's just a fucking awesome song..2 lines in particular.."I wish i was a neutron bomb, for once i could go off" SHIT YESS..that is me me me..stupid customers and having to keep my stupid calm!!! lol and.." I wish i was the full moon shining of a Camaros Hood" That is a beautiful line, and can be interpreted into many metaphors.
    Let me sleep..well it's all about the music there..no lyrics needed, great lyrics, but rather sad! (Thought you burned not froze for your sins, im so tired..and cold)
    Some songs just make people feel a certain way, and they have every right to be hopeful of hearing a particular song and feeling a lil bit disappointed if they dont..they will eventually get over it.
    Adelaide was such an awesome show that i find myself nodding and smiling when i think about it..then i think..grrr no Wishlist ,with a frown..then i think Woooooh, State of Love and Trust , with a twinkle in my eye! Then i think Melbourne, and it's like WHOAHHHH..did that really happen or was it just an awesome dream!!! Nah wasn't a dream otherwise i would of heard Wishlist ROFL!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    TJJ76 wrote:
    Has anyone got some photo's of ed sitting at the end of the stage from tuesday night?
    not the best photo ever...! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ ... 020096.jpg
  • Options
    MeganCogs wrote:
    Raiden wrote:

how can britney top it, as she aint performing at all she is just turning up to get paid

Sorry, my sarcasm doesn't come out as well online as in person! ;)
  • Options
    Christie80 wrote:
    Oh my god; the concert was friggin' awesome!!! So much better outside; and the weather was perfect. Such a great set list too. I introduced my dad to the music of Pearl Jam a few years ago and he came along for his first PJ concert. He turned to me at the end and thanked me for making him come (he was a little worried he was going to be too old). I'm so glad I was able to share the experience with someone who has introduced so many difference music styles to me over the years :D

I almost cried when Eddie came out to sing with Ben Harper. I can't pinpoint one particular song that was a standout; the whole concert was a standout.

Can't wait for the next tour; don't leave it so long between drinks.

Oh I am showing this post to my mum! She LOVES Pearl Jam, she knows all the songs, she listens to the bootlegs over and over saying she wishes she was there, but every time they come she chickens out because she thinks she's too old, then after each concert she wishes she'd gone! If they come again, I'm not taking no for an answer!!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851
    First time I got to hear Release played live!!! And No Way. Awesome show. Really loved the venue too (got my pic of Sir Don's statue...)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Melbourne was such an awesome show full of goodies and little bonuses... but that Adelaide setlist... if I had written a perfect setlist for the show in my home town, this would have been it! Oh, maybe with Off He Goes added somewhere...!

We do miss Luke the Uke though! Bring Luke back in 2012!

Loved lining up with the Ten Clubbers each show, met some awesome people and some awesome friends, cheers guys for making the time go faster! :D
    Spin me round.. roll me over... fuckin' circus.....
  • Options
    Adelaide was amazing! You can probably called me biased though considering Adelaide is my hometown and the only other show i went to on this tour was Sydney, but everything about it was perfect! The venue, the weather, the Ten Clubbers i met, the setlist and of course Pearl Jam themselves.

Me and my friend who i went with made a flag and took it with us hoping maybe just maybe the guys would see it. Low and behold, at the end of Yellow Ledbetter, Eddie signals to a security guard to get it off us and give it to him. Ed asked if we made it and when we said yes he said "its beautiful!" he then took it and wore it like a cape. The blood, sweat and tears (and a tonne of swearing!) that went into making it paid off big time!

Heres a link to some of my photos (the flag included!) if anyone wants to have a suss!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubysoho_/sets/72157622891506750/
    21/11/06 Adelaide, 17/11/09 Adelaide, 22/11/09 Sydney, Eddie Vedder solo: Melbourne 24/3/11, Melbourne 25/3/11, Adelaide 27/3/11, Adelaide 28/3/11
  • Options
    Anyone know if there is going to be any merchandise from ADL show available at a later date? Like at the brickworks or something, I mean, what would they do with Crows shirts that didn;t sell?
    " Take my hand, not my picture"
  • Options
    davo81 wrote:
    Anyone know if there is going to be any merchandise from ADL show available at a later date? Like at the brickworks or something, I mean, what would they do with Crows shirts that didn;t sell?

i know one of the blokes working the merch tent. next time i see him, ill ask
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    PRIESTY wrote:
    PRIESTY wrote:
    I signalled and called out to eddie asking to fuck the asshole off....

Wasnt expecting.... but was very appreciative when he stopped the show and gave it to the meathead fuck.....

Spent the rest of the night with arms locked together with complete strangers..... making sure the young girls & short blokes didnt get crushed...

I told the bloke "how do you feel now??? Eddie Vedder just made a C*nt out of you in front of 20,000 ppl".... He had no comeback.....

A coupla dickheads... But a great show.... All 10C fans lookin out 4 each other

Peace

p.s At the end of each song... i made sure I clapped hard enough to "accidently" smack the goose in the head "several times"..... hahahaha

meet the asshole after the show, and he was a tool
    how funny was that - when everyone turned around at live on light square and saw the "arsehole". all had a good laugh! :lol:
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.