Options

*** Adelaide Fanviews Here 11/17/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    MattayMattay Posts: 33
    Have had a few days now to get over my disappointment that they didn't play Jeremy OR Last Kiss OR Daughter OR Betterman OR ...

Just kidding, I'm kinda glad they didn't ... well, Jeremy would have been sweet. Going to a PJ concert is like collecting trading cards. You're happy when you get duplicates, but what you really want are the cards to complete your set. So Tuesday night I got a few I've been dying to get my hands on (RVM) plus a few rarities I can treasure.

Brought my wife along who pre-Backspacer hated Pearl Jam. Well, only "hated" because her ex loved them so much and every time I played them it would remind her of him. But she loves the new album and was thrilled there were so many songs from the new album played. She came away saying it's one of the best concerts she's been to. That puts PJ up there with Beyonce AND Justin Timberlake. I can't say much for my wife's musical taste, but it is improving over time ...

Highlight for me no doubt was RVM. It's the ultimate rock song (I still remember the very first time I heard it on Vs and how I felt then is the same as how I feel now when I hear the first few bars). Smile and In My Tree were brilliant. Just Breathe is a beautiful song performed perfectly. And after initial doubts, The Fixer has grown on me so much, it was one of the highlights as well. Yeah yeah yeah ...

All in all it was pretty much a perfect concert. Forget about the idiots starting trouble, they'd start a fight at a Wiggles concert. It's got nothing to do with Adelaide and certainly nothing to do with Pearl Jam!

Best wishes to all attending the rest of the shows around Australia. Look forward to reading all about it.
  • Options
    SO EXCITED!!! After such an epic Adelaide show I was on cloud nine - blissful... and then the panic set in... OMG I hadn't booked any more tickets/flights for any other shows... I wasn't going to see them again this tour!!!

Crisis averted - after panic resided action followed and I am now the proud owner of some very expensive flights, a shiny new fixer field ticket and some dodgy accomodation... see you in Sydney!!!! YAY
  • Options
    Nossie wrote:
    Bezzy wrote:
    Does anyone know when the Adelaide bootleg will be available?

I just had an interesting conversation with the local servo bloke.
    It went like this:

Servo Bloke: Did you enjoy the concert? (referring to my red PJ t shirt)
    Me: Yes mate, unreal.
    SB: I was disappointed in the show, they didn't play Betterman.
    Me: No, but the setlist was awesome.
    SB: They didnt play enough old stuff
    Me: You obviously dont know their music too well then?
    SB: I grew up listening to them.
    Me: Were you upset they didn't play Last Kiss
    SB: Very, that's one of my favourites.

End of conversation.

The setlist was one for the purists: heaps of No Code and Yield plus some real heavy songs like Lukin and Blood.

The servo guy should see Britanny and see which show he likes better, man!

I totally agree... the Adelaide show was for the real fans... not these people that call themselves fans cause Betterman, Daughter & Last Kiss are their favourites (and the only songs they really know..) They're great songs, don't get me wrong, but this set list had some real gems and some fabulous high-lights... The best show i've seen... period! :D

It's quite entertaining to hear people bitch about it... you certainly know who's worth talking too for longer than 5 minutes, by their thoughts of the show! :lol:

You did Adelaide proud boys... THANK YOU!!!!

it was an amazing gig played by the greatest band in the world in an amazing location. I was almost holding back the tears when the started out with release(same with ledbetter a song of which i can not get enough off). I can not beleive that people walked away from that disapointed, i can not find the right words to describe how amazing the night was. Obviously this guy was not at the same venue I was at.

I hear you wookie the build up, the waiting, it all hit me when I heard unthought known.
    My tears welled up and i started to cry..............
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    I hear you wookie the build up, the waiting, it all hit me when I heard unthought known.
    My tears welled up and i started to cry..............[/quote]

This song is going to be amazing live (if they play it)!

Can't wait
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:

I hope they play it for you givn2fly26 it was amazing live which show are you going to
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:

This song is going to be amazing live (if they play it)!

Can't wait[/quote]

I got all teary the first time I heard it on the album.... I have no chance when (if) they play it live!
  • Options
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    My 1st time with new camera

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 943ead9c79

Should improve for melbourne show, now that I'd read the manual LOL
    Thanks for the pictures and video's :D8-)
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    I love my music passionately, one of the things I love to do is share with other fans. So I hope it's okay to put
    these links up. I have Under Pressure & Severed Hand, will try & put these up tonight.. Alive, Rear View Mirror & Even Flow are huge files so I will have to wait till I get home to Brisvegas... Any 10c ers going to Melbourne show come & say Hi when lining up...I didn't have a fan club ticket for adelaide but I do for Melb....would be cool to meet other PJ freaks....I mean fans. :)

Gerry

So here is Release that I took enjoy....I'm so thrilled they played it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8-WOxBi8U

Thanks Gerry....Release was my dream opener for Adelaide! Gives me major goosebumps watching this video.
  • Options
    I signalled and called out to eddie asking to fuck the asshole off....

Wasnt expecting.... but was very appreciative when he stopped the show and gave it to the meathead fuck.....

Spent the rest of the night with arms locked together with complete strangers..... making sure the young girls & short blokes didnt get crushed...

I told the bloke "how do you feel now??? Eddie Vedder just made a C*nt out of you in front of 20,000 ppl".... He had no comeback.....

A coupla dickheads... But a great show.... All 10C fans lookin out 4 each other

Peace
  • Options
    PRIESTY wrote:

Wasnt expecting.... but was very appreciative when he stopped the show and gave it to the meathead fuck.....

Spent the rest of the night with arms locked together with complete strangers..... making sure the young girls & short blokes didnt get crushed...

I told the bloke "how do you feel now??? Eddie Vedder just made a C*nt out of you in front of 20,000 ppl".... He had no comeback.....

Peace

p.s At the end of each song... i made sure I clapped hard enough to "accidently" smack the goose in the head "several times"..... hahahaha
  • Options
    PRIESTY wrote:
    PRIESTY wrote:

Peace

p.s At the end of each song... i made sure I clapped hard enough to "accidently" smack the goose in the head "several times"..... hahahaha

meet the asshole after the show, and he was a tool
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    B_ManB_Man Posts: 3
    Sounds like an unbelievable show.

And love seeing the vids....was that Stone playing bass on Smile, with Jeff on riffs??? First time seeing anything like that. Very cool!!! Looks like they were really enjoying themselves.
  • Options
    pjf7pjf7 Posts: 18
    mk204909 wrote:
    What a fantastic night!! This was only my third concert, even though I've been in the 10c for over 7 years.
    I have to say the treatment of the 10c members is awesome, standard GA were held back until the 10 clubbers were established in the ground.

The poster was awesome as well.....another great design.

My girlfriend and I didn't stay up the front all night as we met up with some mates to rock out with, however to top one of the best nights of our lives, Ed threw his tamborine to my girlfriend. Some guy offered us $3K for it there and then. We couldn't have declined quicker!!

Can't wait for Melbourne and Sydney, first time we've followed the boys out of the state.

We were on such a high for the rest of the night.

Oh how awesome good for you guys.
  • Options
    Awesome show!!! That's the 6th time I've seen them live now and each time is like the first time... So glad they played Release & Smile! I can't wait til my son "Eddie" is old enough to see who he was named after, live in concert. Unfortunately 9 months old is a little too young to initiate him just yet :lol:
    Don't see some men as half empty
    See them half full of shit
  • Options
    Now I know how this isn't gonna go down well with some of the people on this board, but, whats with all the elitist attitudes??? Just because a few people walked away from the show dissappointed cause they didn't hear their favourite Triple M songs, doesn't mean they are the lowest forms of pearl jam fans and how dare they go to a pearl jam show and form an opinion of what they saw...

I love the band and have seen them play both here and overseas, but I would never judge a person they way some people are being judged through these fanviews. It's reading comments like these that kinda make you embarrassed to be associated with these 'purist' fans...

Having said that, Both Adelaide and Perth look like they got great setlists and I'm looking forward to what the band will pull out tomorrow night in Melbourne.
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Options
    alivein95 wrote:
    You guys have got me so excited about the gig in Melbourne, loving the set lists from the two Aussie shows so far!!

I must admit though, I am really worried how my 31 year old body is going to handle standing up for so long! My back just can't handle it anymore, but the pain I am going to be in after will be worth it!

I really hope people are couteous and that we don't get any "arseholes" like you guys... I agree, wish we had a 10C section for those of us that want to be able to truly enjoy the music without any drunk idiots.

ooo... now that would be fun. i injured my knee last week and im in a brace...haha.. ill be in there anyway but anything that thins out the crush ill be appreciating.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I feel lucky to have been there, and it was my 1st show.
    Feel for those who have been to more hoping to hear the songs I heard last night.
    Stoked, absolutely stoked!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    I love my music passionately, one of the things I love to do is share with other fans. So I hope it's okay to put
    these links up. I have Under Pressure & Severed Hand, will try & put these up tonight.. Alive, Rear View Mirror & Even Flow are huge files so I will have to wait till I get home to Brisvegas... Any 10c ers going to Melbourne show come & say Hi when lining up...I didn't have a fan club ticket for adelaide but I do for Melb....would be cool to meet other PJ freaks....I mean fans. :)

Gerry

Mate, great work..and thanks for sharing, it's great to come across another person who is consumed by music- looking forward to catching up in Brissy
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    Now I know how this isn't gonna go down well with some of the people on this board, but, whats with all the elitist attitudes??? Just because a few people walked away from the show dissappointed cause they didn't hear their favourite Triple M songs, doesn't mean they are the lowest forms of pearl jam fans and how dare they go to a pearl jam show and form an opinion of what they saw...

I love the band and have seen them play both here and overseas, but I would never judge a person they way some people are being judged through these fanviews. It's reading comments like these that kinda make you embarrassed to be associated with these 'purist' fans...

Having said that, Both Adelaide and Perth look like they got great setlists and I'm looking forward to what the band will pull out tomorrow night in Melbourne.

yeh agree with all this here. elitists get annoyed that people whine about seeing no betterman or daughter.. but if these people didnt turn up, i hardly doubt the band would make the trip to australia to play to the same 100 faces night in night out.

if i went to a metallica show, id be dark if they didnt play enter sandman or nothing else matters. if i saw the pumpkins, id be dark if they didnt play bullet or 1979 (and yep i was "one of those" people walkin out spewing they didnt play cherub rock but instead some acoustic B side as a close)...

pearl jam is just another band with casual fans like everyone else.

the adelaide show was magnificent (as was perth). im hoping they save who you are for sydney or brisbane! cant wait.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    This girl at my work is going to Melbourne.
    I asked her what her favourite album is and she said RVM.
    I asked her again what her favourite studio album is as RVM is a best of.
    She didn't know any albums.
    So there you go, you will get casual fans at shows.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    cogcog Posts: 14
    Gerrycan70 wrote:

Gerry

GERRYCAN....THANK YOU MATE!!! thanks for sharing the love!!!!!
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I'm thinking of jumping the fence for the Sydney concert as no-one seems to have a spare tick for sale....
    What wrist bands did you have at Adelaide????
    I could grab my one from Perth and glue it back together. :geek:
    It took me two days till I took it off., mint condition.
  • Options

I totally agree with u..I am to anyone that knows me a ' pearl jam purist' but part of the fun of a pearl jam show is the sing a longs.. dont get me wrong hearing the tracks they dont play often is amazing, but being a part of 20 000 strangers, all singing their hearts out to betterman has been one of the best expierances of my life.. who cares if some r only there for the hits, im sure most people walk away happy and wanting to discover the lesser known songs...
    Oh dear dad Can you see me now I am myself
    Like you somehow
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    I'm thinking of jumping the fence for the Sydney concert as no-one seems to have a spare tick for sale....
    What wrist bands did you have at Adelaide????
    I could grab my one from Perth and glue it back together. :geek:
    It took me two days till I took it off., mint condition.

We had green ones in Adelaide and every state will have a different colour.
  • Options

each to their own, but I can not understand how people could be disapointed because they did not that certian song. Perhaps this might be because I like their entire collection. Though I would agree I would love to see metallica songs you mentioned plus sad but true and anything of master of pupets (my mind their best album), but it was great to here the songs they played. Shit I can not remember the last time I listened to brian of J or blood. The only way I would walk away disapointed from a PJ show is if they had a shit load of techincal difficulties or their was a problem with one of the members not being able to perform at all (ed not being able to sing, jeff able to play bass for example), or they cancled the show.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016