Options

*** Adelaide Fanviews Here 11/17/09 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited March 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
November 17, 2009, Adelaide, Australia, Adelaide Oval
Opening : Liam Finn, Ben Harper and Relentless7

Pre-Set: Under Pressure - Ed with Ben Harper and the Relentless 7

Set List: Release, Why Go, Gonna See My Friend, Brain Of J, In My Tree, Severed Hand, Faithfull, Got Some, Even Flow, Johnny Guitar, Amongst The Waves, I Got ID, Small Town, No Way, Unthought Known, Lukin, Blood

1st encore: Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, State Of Love And Trust, The Real Me-(Townshend), The Fixer, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Smile, Life Wasted, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board. Please keep the thread for Fanviews....Thank you. :wave:
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Lucky Bastards :-)
  • Options
    cogcog Posts: 14
    Phenomenal Set....Eddie's abuse of the 'arsehole' roughing people up was legendary...next time they'll have to give him a decent Barossa red....

THANKS GUYS!!!!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    so was Alive played in the second encore or not...? :?: :ugeek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    jrd wrote:
    so was Alive played in the second encore or not...? :?: :ugeek:
    Alive as people say was in Encore break 2...i like the set list..its hard!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I was there, and loved every second of it.

Apart from said 'arsehole'. Which, by the way Eddie, you were spot on about, don't second guess yourself there. That guy and his 'friend' were very literally and quite deliberately pulling people over and pushing them out of the way, elbowing them, and generally making things uncomfortable for quite a few people in the area, which was unfortunate. More unfortunate was that because they made it to the front, they behaved themselves from there on, instead of keeping up their performance so they could be kicked out.

But when all is said and done, a few bad eggs can't spoil the music! It was amazing! Thanks so much for those treats - Smile was incredible, as was Release, and The Real Me was a real pleasant surprise. Indifference was on everyone's minds I think before the gig and you guys nailed it.

Thanks guys! See you in Melbourne and Sydney.
    Adelaide, 21st & 22nd November 2006
  • Options
    another fantastic show and great set list. I think the first adelaide concert started with release so it was nice to see them start again. Always funny when eddie stuffs up a lyric he certainly aint no britney.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Please keep the thread for Fanviews....Thank you.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Best fucking night of my life. When i wake up tomorrow i'll share my experience's of the night i'll never forget.
  • Options
    Damn that was good. Mike's "Heaps good" t-shirt was a touch of pure brilliance and the set wasn't too shabby either :mrgreen:
    Took a 10 min video of red mosquito and indifference but the iPhone YouTube upload feature is failing me so will have to wait until I'm back home in melb if anyone wants to see it.
    Was very surprised at how quiet and sedated the crowd was. I expected a lot more enthusiasm
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Timmy J wrote:
    Damn that was good. Mike's "Heaps good" t-shirt was a touch of pure brilliance and the set wasn't too shabby either :mrgreen:
    Took a 10 min video of red mosquito and indifference but the iPhone YouTube upload feature is failing me so will have to wait until I'm back home in melb if anyone wants to see it.
    Was very surprised at how quiet and sedated the crowd was. I expected a lot more enthusiasm

Was it the South Australia "Heaps Good" t-shirt? I've seen that... my coworker likes to wear it, lol... I mean, she's surrounded by people from Sydney ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,078
    No Way
    Unthought Known
    Lukin
    Blood

Fuck. Wish I was there. It's like they took this part of the setlist straight outta my fuckin head!
  • Options
    nice setlist!
    would love to hear live - under pressure, red mosquito and the real me.
    congrats adelaide!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    Please keep the thread for Fanviews....Thank you.

i'm with you on this one 110% and will have to add it to the things that drive me crazier. ugh, people.
  • Options
    Ok show 2........still feels good...ahhhhhh......

A set list for the diehards :) Oh Yeahhhh,,,,,,,

My personal highlights.....

RELEASE
    BRAIN OF J
    IN MY TREE>>>>>>>>:)
    Id.
    Lukin
    BLOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!
    Indifference with Ben
    SOLAT :L()))(((()))))L)(()#$%&^&*()_:) Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    RVM :)

I walked away hearing punters complain about no "greatest hits" being played....lol.......

Then I met up with TC'ers at an after meet....

We Loved the set list and the weather.....More dancers than Perth but less atmosphere.....we lost a few songs due to dialogue...you get that but.....split decision...:)

On to Melbourne for further comment......

"Wave to all my friends .....YEAH....."

Thanks to the PJ van boys.......

PJD.
    Going to All 5 Australian '09 shows.
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Kat wrote:
    Pre-Set: Under Pressure - Ed with Ben Harper and the Relentless 7

Huh? From Queen and David Bowie? OMG I hope they break this out!
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Another great set list..hope they play The real Me or Love reign o'er me in Brissy. 1 week today- bring it on!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    BeefBeef Posts: 5
    Great concert, loved every bit of it. Definately more of a concert for the purists, I too heard some comments that the they didn't play the "good stuff" (daughter, better man etc). Thoughts before the concert was that I'd love to here SOLAT and Down, got one at least. But RVM, Release, In my tree, Smile, Blood all made up for it. Those yet to go, you will enjoy.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Beef wrote:
    Great concert, loved every bit of it. Definately more of a concert for the purists, I too heard some comments that the they didn't play the "good stuff" (daughter, better man etc).

"good stuff"? For those songs? I guess that's the difference between us and them :D

but I get the point. You do need the crowd pleasers to a degree. Hard-cores *points to herself* should just suck it up and realize that for some people, there is a real world outside of Pearl Jam dreamland :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Hi PJD!!

Remember Gav and Mel from the Perth pre meet at the Brisi Hotel? Well it's us and we're heading to each Aussie show. We might see you along the way.
    Adelaide show was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway, might bump into you (sign your shirt)

Seeya
    Gav and Mel
  • Options
    that is the perfectly constructed set.. flows perfect
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    What more can I add? It was a fantastic show. got to enjoy it with a group of diehards around me, I was there with my old man who missed Adelaide night 2 in 06 so all he wanted all night was Ledbetter to finish, was stoked for him that they played it.

Great feeling amongst the PJ purists and some great banter by Eddie, especially in regards to not having decent wine, sponsoring a local paraolympian to get to the London olympics (Then playing the fixer for her), the protest march in 2003, the arsehole, etc,etc.

And how can you ever get tired of Mike bouncing and running around? He looks great!!
  • Options
    DM76DM76 Posts: 54
    A memorable and fantastic night.......every time I got to a concert I always leave saying it was the best concert I have ever seen. So to the band once again I thank you for the effort u put into your shows.

The band played on a beautiful evening, and the set was definitely one for the older fans with alot of No Code which I loved. Bigger crowd than I thought there would be as Adl Oval is massive and quite wide. I was only 3 heads away from the front and vibe was awesome.

Eddie mentioned the fights in Perth and the tool in the Adelaide crowd. Hopefully the band takes this feedback correctly but it would be really nice for the 10C members to have the own area(esp after we pay that bit extra and we are lining up quite early). I found that alot of the trouble starts when these pissed bogans come in from GA and push their way the very front, and start trouble with the true fans of the band.

Thanks again , and looking fwd to the melb show.
    1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)
  • Options
    yes great concert. great setlist. also going to melb and would be good if they let the 10c be by ourselves. the only time that there was trouble around us was when the drunks came down. But it is a concert so i guess if ya want to be close deal with it.

is there any 10c drinks on thurs night organised for melb??????? or after on friday night????
  • Options
    WOW! - what more can you say! Great to have the boys back in Adelaide (my home turf) for a show. Thebby Oval back in 1998 was a great outdoor gig here in Adelaide, and this one at Adelaide Oval last night was also great - there is something about seeing them at outdoor shows that makes them that bit more special than indoor gigs.

Thanks very much to Boom, Stone, Matt, Mike and Ed for putting on an amazing show with a set list full of highlights for the purist including some great tunes including some great tunes - In My Tree, No Way, Unthought Known, Lukin and Blood. Special and good to see No Code getting some airplay! (every song they played last night was great). The boys never disappoint.

It was funny hearing some people after the show whinging about them not playing certain 'big ticket' songs, but if you know their music then this was a great concert for the proper fan with all bases covered - old, new and all bits in between; both well known and some more obscure less played tunes. Excellent!

Enjoyed Ed's weather comment too and 'splitting the needle' with the temps here in Adelaide - given that the weather for the better part of the week leading up to the show was in high 30s Celsius (approx 100F) and the forecast for the days afterwards are for 40C plus. perfect timing - and when they played Just Breath i swear that a cool breeze blew in over the oval and provided some brief and pleasant relief. It is moments like this that put a big smile on your face.

The crowd was pretty good over on the LHS in front of Mike. Not as full on as some shows i have been to but the up side is that it meant you could enjoy watching and listening to the boys play rather than having to battle to stay upright. Really enjoyed Mike coming out with the SA 'Heaps Good' t-shirt latter in the night (and running around all over the stage - fantastic energy and got the crowd going) and kudos to Ed for spotting out the 'arsehole' in the crowd too. You idiot!

I like the idea of the separate area for the 10C members to stop the pissed bogans pushing their way up the front - lets hope they do something like this for Melbourne and the other upcoming shows.

Lets all get behind paralympian Mel Leckie is we can too - a great cause and good to see the boys supporting her in her endeavours.

Looking forward to Melbourne on Friday - and for those about to see them you will definitely be in for a treat!

I'm out!

Ducky

PS - if i can get Ed's address i will happily send him a bottle of SA's finest drop of red wine - maybe a Hensckhe's - Hill of Grace of a Penfolds - Grange. That should make up for whatever crap he was drinking last night.
    Duckyhoward
    "so this is what it's like to be an adult,
    if he only knew now what he knew then..."

Adelaide '98, Paris '06, Berne '06, London '07,
    New York II '08, Adelaide '09, Melbourne '09,
    Adelaide BDO '14
    Ed @ Adelaide March 27,2011.
  • Options
    ahhhh, RELEASE!!! as an OPENER!!!!

:cry: missed this one in the philly sets.

nice set list! wish i could have been there :D
  • Options
    It was a great show with lots of rare songs like In My Tree. The really Jammed on RVM, that's the best version I've ever heard. Where can I get a Heaps Good SA shirt like Mike wore?
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Great concert, probably the best PJ concert I have been to. Weather was absolutely perfect, venue was great and I had no complains about the sound. the only bad thing was the small containers for beer! Eddie commented on how great this oval was and even made the call of saying it’s the most beautiful he's seen (with the cathedral facing him and stuff), don't know if he was having us on or not.

Pearl Jam took the stage just as the sun had gone down, perfect timing. They opened with Release! Couldn't believe it I never thought id hear this song. And it sounded brilliant. I've heard it on boots before in 03 and 06 and it sounded good but didn't have the explosive boom from the album version but when you hear it live it really captures that. Eddies booming voice across the oval was brilliant. Straight into rockers Why Go and Gonna See my friend from new album which were great. Then into Brain of J! First awesome rare track. Sounded brilliant, the guitars were loud and Eddie had a nice growl going in the verses, Stone played a funky little solo head bobbing with his long hair haha. In My Tree next I couldn't believe it, another song I never thought I'd hear. And they played it as it was recorded on the album with the drums and bass intro, probably one of the highlights of the night for me. Next they played Severed Hand and Faithful and Got Some followed by Evenflow, Johnny Guitar. I must say the new songs sounded brilliant live I was impressed. Then Amongst the Waves where Ed completely lost his placed and fkd up the lyrics, then they played I got Shit (another awesome rarer one!) Small Town was an anthem the whole crowd loved as usual.

After this they played No Way from Yield I couldn't believe it! I didn't pick it at first, sounded awesome live, Stone was loving it. Unthought Known was brilliant then they belted out Lukin and Blood to end the first set.

Second set Ed came out and played Just Breathe then Ben Harper came on to play slide guitar with them for Red Mosquito then he stayed on to do Indifference with them. Wish he never came on he killed both songs. State of Love and trust got the crowd rocking after that they they played The Real Me cover, then ended second set with The Fixer and Rearviewmirror, strobes going crazy at the end.

Third set Ed came out and did a request for my sister who was holding up a Smile sign in the middle down the front! Not only did they play smile for her but Ed made sure she got his harmonica after the song. They ended with life wasted alive and yellow ledbedder

Overall the band was in a great mood and energetic and playful, ed was doing lots of dancing and his funky moves, Mike was doing laps of the stage running like crazy, Ed said sorry about fking up the lyrics to Amongst the Waves then made a funny joke about Britney spears saying at least we know he wasn't lip synching lol. He also called out some guy in the crowd and called him an asshole and to watch out cause he was pushing girls around or something.

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    You guys have got me so excited about the gig in Melbourne, loving the set lists from the two Aussie shows so far!!

I must admit though, I am really worried how my 31 year old body is going to handle standing up for so long! My back just can't handle it anymore, but the pain I am going to be in after will be worth it!

I really hope people are couteous and that we don't get any "arseholes" like you guys... I agree, wish we had a 10C section for those of us that want to be able to truly enjoy the music without any drunk idiots.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    They're not seriously thinking of changing the Fixer set up are they? Hope not.. I dont have 10c tickets for melb and Bris. Alot of fan club members have normal GA tickets for some shows. Would be unfair to seperate with another barrier..... I'd be so disappointed if that happened.
  • Options
    alivein95 wrote:
    I must admit though, I am really worried how my 31 year old body is going to handle standing up for so long! My back just can't handle it anymore, but the pain I am going to be in after will be worth it!

I think the tools were few and far between really - And i had a 50 year old with me standing for 6 hours, you know it will be worth it!

Enjoy the show.