Options

*** Adelaide Fanviews Here 11/17/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Adelaide sounded awesome! I can't wait to see the Melbourne setlist, though I don't know how they'll top it.
  • Options
    Couldn't have asked for a better set, absolutely rapt I was there for these songs.
    Songs off my fav album (No Code) played, f****ing stoked!
    Thank you PJ!

When do the boots come out?

Shame there were such d***heads, the a'hole guy and the bogan and his pig in front of me, scuffle broke out and the guy was thrown out.

Adelaide Oval is beautiful (this is the reason I really wanted to go to this show because of the setting, it's perfect), having watched many cricket matches on tv I always wanted to go here.

Bit disappointed the crowd wasn't moving, come on people gotta get into it, not look bored there.

Was that that fight where the girls was going nuts towards that guy and slapped him?
    That did annoy me abit...just be happy and grateful how close they we all were to the lads on stage!
    ps. loved I Got Id ... came at such a good time
  • Options
    unkleandy wrote:
    Does anyone know what happens to the left over tour tshirts.... The PJ shirt with the crows logo and number 17 on the back was a surprise.
    i was wondering this too? im after an xxl for my brother's b-day, wish id thought of it when i was getting my stuff!! if anyone can help out, it would be so appreciated.

what an awesome night. 2nd row on mike's side. so stoked to hear brain of j, solat, no way, in my tree. mike was in fine form, cutting laps of the stage was classic!!

regretting not getting tickets to any other shows!
  • Options
    Is the fixer area really big so that if you want you can stand towards the back with no one touching you?
  • Options
    Is the fixer area really big so that if you want you can stand towards the back with no one touching you?

We were at the front but a few off my friends were in the fixer GA area which is the whole oval and just stood at the back with plenty of room around them.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    The_Seppe wrote:
    Couldn't have asked for a better set, absolutely rapt I was there for these songs.
    Songs off my fav album (No Code) played, f****ing stoked!
    Thank you PJ!

When do the boots come out?

Shame there were such d***heads, the a'hole guy and the bogan and his pig in front of me, scuffle broke out and the guy was thrown out.

Adelaide Oval is beautiful (this is the reason I really wanted to go to this show because of the setting, it's perfect), having watched many cricket matches on tv I always wanted to go here.

Bit disappointed the crowd wasn't moving, come on people gotta get into it, not look bored there.

Was that that fight where the girls was going nuts towards that guy and slapped him?
    That did annoy me abit...just be happy and grateful how close they we all were to the lads on stage!
    ps. loved I Got Id ... came at such a good time

I didn't see slaps.
    The guy hand long blonde hair and a pink floyd tee on and was with a pig of a woman.
    This was near the barrier for the aisle, 10m from stage on Mike's side.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    oh nah musta been a different one
    thats 4 fights in the Fixer GA that ive heard of now
    so many hammered bogans just charged to the front and it caused sum ruckus
    piss off u wna fight and let me watch in peace
  • Options
    TJJ76 wrote:

We were at the front but a few off my friends were in the fixer GA area which is the whole oval and just stood at the back with plenty of room around them.

Must be different in melbs, fixer area is like the d barrier at the big day out, the rest of the oval is backspacer
  • Options
    DM76DM76 Posts: 54
    can i just say that the guy and girl fighting were right next to me......that guy was a tool (he had a fight with his bearded mate moments earlier), but the girl was a feral who was starting trouble too....

hence my earlier plea for 10 c members to have some sort of cordoned off area.....these ppl just dont know how to behave and its a shame that dickheads like that can ruin it for other people..I saw a man and his mid teen son leave because that guy was swearing, offering cigarrettes..
    1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)
  • Options
    mate id be all for that...like sure have a good time and sumtimes u cant help but get excited to sum songs
    but the ppl jumping wildly like it was fuckn Slayer needed to calm down abit and not swing ther arms and heads around so much .. my mate got headbutted twice before they'd finshed Why Go! I could definetly tell the Ten Clubbers from the rest up there...there was a hint of civilisation and respect for those around them
  • Options
    My 1st time with new camera

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 943ead9c79

Should improve for melbourne show, now that I'd read the manual LOL
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I am kind of pissed off some of my favourite songs were ruined by these 2 pigs in front of me.
    The worst thing is, if you have to defend yourself physically you get thrown out along with the real culprits.
    I agree, cordon off the 10c area, no wrist bands no entry.
    But who's to say some a'holes won't try steal one off someone by ripping it off their arm?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    hollands wrote:
    would anyone be able to tell me when liam finn starts i'm not going to get there till 7.Thanks

Here's how it went

Liam Finn 5.45pm to 6.20pm
    Ben Harper 6.45 to 7.30
    Pearl Jam 8.10pm to 10.20pm
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited November 2009
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Awesome Awesome show.....i reckon it was 2nd fav Pearl Jam show only to be beaten by Newcastle 06(front row in front of Ed and he hands me his guitar pic 3rd song in....oh and the amazing setlist haha hard to beat) and ive seen 29 of em since 1995.
    Who's going to Melb,Syd and Bris?
    Its always good to meet new 10C members and nice to put faces to the forum.
    I have only just started posting again after a few years but im a daily reader of the forums so im sure ive read most of the The Aus posts.

Cheers and see ya'll in Melbourne
  • Options
    fompsweeva wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbixg3Pc-A

Another one of my vids from last night. :)
    You wouldn't happen to have Brain of J. My 6 year old is obsessed with this one and gets angry when they play it at shows where he is not at. He went crazy last night when I told him they played it in Adelaide ( had to show him where it was) and no one put it up on Youtube. Standing next to me at 8 AM wanting to know where it is :D:mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    VixenVixen Posts: 70
    Unbelievable!!
    I could not have asked or even dreamed of a better show...was well worth the interstate travel..and the long wait in que.
    Chic in the EXIT t-shirt trying to jump the que..Nice try honey..BUT I DONT THINK SO..you want in before everyone else..GET THERE BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!! LOL..you guys up front know exactly what i'm talking about...
    Ed's interaction with the crowd was awesome!!
    Ed calling that asshole an asshole was a golden moment..but it became platinum when he said he will not apologize because he probably is an asshole!! Nice!!
    Indifference with Ben Harper.. Stoked!!
    The guys donating to a fan to support her in the up coming paralympics..priceless!!
    Mike and his crowd pointing..Rockin!!
    The fact they didn't play Wishlist.. BUMMER..i'm sure ill get over it though!!!
    Nikki's set list Wish List....Wishlist!!! Maybe in Melbs....fingers crossed.

I wish i was a neutron bomb, for once i could go off!!!
  • Options
    Gerrycan70Gerrycan70 Posts: 57
    edited November 2009
    I love my music passionately, one of the things I love to do is share with other fans. So I hope it's okay to put
    these links up. I have Under Pressure & Severed Hand, will try & put these up tonight.. Alive, Rear View Mirror & Even Flow are huge files so I will have to wait till I get home to Brisvegas... Any 10c ers going to Melbourne show come & say Hi when lining up...I didn't have a fan club ticket for adelaide but I do for Melb....would be cool to meet other PJ freaks....I mean fans. :)

Gerry

So here is Release that I took enjoy....I'm so thrilled they played it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8-WOxBi8U
    Post edited by Gerrycan70 on
  • Options
    Wow my 4th ever PJ show & I loved every second. I'm the 1st to admit I don't know all the names of the songs BUT I recognize the tune. The band obvious read the boards & it was great to hear Eddie say that fans had asked for a particular song...Smile was one & they end up playing it...I think?? Surprising that Betterman was on the official setlist but they didn't play it, was after smile I think.

I Got ID (I didn't realise that I recorded this...ha knew the tune not name ....love it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhPQ95y45U0

The Fixer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUrjJrd18Lw

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IitGrSClpEY

Bring on Melbourne :)...then syd & brisvegas
  • Options
    cogcog Posts: 14
    I CAN NOT BELIEVE they played RELEASE first up this has been a dream of mine for a long time...as I have heard it been said before...it is a spiritual experience and the best way to open a PJ show....

Does anyone have any footage of the start of the concert they could share on You Tube or the like as I would love to have a copy of that!!!!!????????????????
  • Options
    The show was wicked!!! Set list was for the die hard fans... I was 5 rows from front was so much better than at entertainment centre a few dickheads in crowd but eddie let them know. Was a great show much better than 06 and 03!! Can't wait till they come to Adelaide again!!
  • Options
    BezzyBezzy Posts: 2
    Does anyone know when the Adelaide bootleg will be available?

I just had an interesting conversation with the local servo bloke.
    It went like this:

Servo Bloke: Did you enjoy the concert? (referring to my red PJ t shirt)
    Me: Yes mate, unreal.
    SB: I was disappointed in the show, they didn't play Betterman.
    Me: No, but the setlist was awesome.
    SB: They didnt play enough old stuff
    Me: You obviously dont know their music too well then?
    SB: I grew up listening to them.
    Me: Were you upset they didn't play Last Kiss
    SB: Very, that's one of my favourites.

End of conversation.

The setlist was one for the purists: heaps of No Code and Yield plus some real heavy songs like Lukin and Blood.

The servo guy should see Britanny and see which show he likes better, man!
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    Bezzy wrote:

It went like this:

End of conversation.

The setlist was one for the purists: heaps of No Code and Yield plus some real heavy songs like Lukin and Blood.

I totally agree... the Adelaide show was for the real fans... not these people that call themselves fans cause Betterman, Daughter & Last Kiss are their favourites (and the only songs they really know..) They're great songs, don't get me wrong, but this set list had some real gems and some fabulous high-lights... The best show i've seen... period! :D

It's quite entertaining to hear people bitch about it... you certainly know who's worth talking too for longer than 5 minutes, by their thoughts of the show! :lol:

You did Adelaide proud boys... THANK YOU!!!!
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    Whilst I don't know all their songs, what I appreciate about the band is I don't care what they play. Pearl Jam are a band where you should be able to enjoy any song they throw up.

The worst thing a person can do is go to a concert with expectations to hear this, hear that...simple answer have no expectations & some of these so call fans wouldn't be critical.

Thanks too for the positive feedback on the vids...I knew people would enjoy them :)

Gerry
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    Gerrycan70 wrote:
    Whilst I don't know all their songs, what I appreciate about the band is I don't care what they play. Pearl Jam are a band where you should be able to enjoy any song they throw up.

The worst thing a person can do is go to a concert with expectations to hear this, hear that...simple answer have no expectations & some of these so call fans wouldn't be critical.

Thanks too for the positive feedback on the vids...I knew people would enjoy them :)

Gerry

Whilst you're up front about not knowing all their songs, you still went in with an open mind, and that's all you can ask for. When people attend EXPECTING certain songs, that's what makes it frustrating. They could play another bands music all night - and i'd still be stoked to be seeing Pearl Jam live! :lol: I hope the concert has given you a taste of some of the other stuff they have out there... and next concert = you WILL know all the songs! :D

Your vids have come up really well... congrats to you!!
    :D
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    My greatest fear is putting a video up with the wrong title LOL.

All of the remaining 5 from Adelaide that I'm yet to put up are are all the same quality, hope to get a few more tomorrow night.
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Nossie wrote:
    Bezzy wrote:

It went like this:

End of conversation.

I totally agree... the Adelaide show was for the real fans... not these people that call themselves fans cause Betterman, Daughter & Last Kiss are their favourites (and the only songs they really know..) They're great songs, don't get me wrong, but this set list had some real gems and some fabulous high-lights... The best show i've seen... period! :D

It's quite entertaining to hear people bitch about it... you certainly know who's worth talking too for longer than 5 minutes, by their thoughts of the show! :lol:

It's great that you guys got a ripper set list, very happy you enjoyed it Stace. Would have been a great setting too at the Oval. I'm hoping for a similaer set list in Brisbane- don't really care what songs- as long as there is some "real fan" stuff in there.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    BezzyBezzy Posts: 2
    Gerrycan70 wrote:

Gerry

GC70

I just sent you a PM, but it seems to be in my Outbox still.

Do they take a while to go thru?

Bez
  • Options
    Nossie wrote:
    Bezzy wrote:

It went like this:

End of conversation.

it was an amazing gig played by the greatest band in the world in an amazing location. I was almost holding back the tears when the started out with release(same with ledbetter a song of which i can not get enough off). I can not beleive that people walked away from that disapointed, i can not find the right words to describe how amazing the night was. Obviously this guy was not at the same venue I was at.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016