Options

*** San Diego Fanviews Here 10/9/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Envoy wrote:
    To Heartdog: my wife and I were seated right above you, and your joy during the show was there for all to see. I had to leave, but she told me all about Eddie coming over to give you the tambo. I'm not surprised at all.

To all the San Diego fans: I may have been the luckiest guy in the room, because I got tapped to sit in on drums. When Matt let me know they were thinking about it, I just about lost it. That night, I started thinking "holy shit, these people are here to see PJ, they don't want a couple of old dogs out here!"

And then I thought, maybe I ought to just trust these guys to know what they are doing. Your comments in these posts make me smile more than I can possibly say. I'm humbled, and still walking about six feet off the floor.

Which is totally freaking out my cats.

Hopefully I didn't look too much like a dork! I'm wheeling six feet off the floor ; ) I got a drumstick, too, actually! I don't know who that came from, but thanks! I wish I could see you, but the drums were too far back for me to see. That must've been an awesome experience up there!

I love how this show was like a whole family reunion!
  • Options
    EnvoyEnvoy Posts: 14
    Heartdog wrote:
    Hopefully I didn't look too much like a dork!
    Not at all! While I was waiting offstage during "Betterman", I was just jumping up and down (I still love that song), and Mike McCready saw me and laughed. After the show I told him I probably looked like an idiot dancing, and he said something like "Don't we all?" :)
    I love how this show was like a whole family reunion!
    Just one of the reasons these guys are so special. It was terribly fun to be with all of you!
    Leading a life of noisy desperation, for a rather long time.
  • Options
    Grandma wrote:
    My husband asked if I would do this again ( go to all 5 shows ) -- I think he was hoping I realized it was a bit much driving 100 miles or more a night after work for 5 nights in 10 days . But I'd do it again in a minute. What a great 2 weeks!

:lol::lol: I dragged my husband from NYC to SD for this show. It was hard for us to work it out. Beforehand, even I was thinking, is this really going to be worth it? And I know he would have been relieved if the answer had been 'no'! But the answer was: HELL YES !!!
  • Options
    Gbegenyi wrote:
    I built up the experience along the way by saying that feeling the energy from PJ and the crowd is like "the souls of everyone in the packed house transcending out of their bodies and then flying around in the rafters high-fiving each other".

That's a great description. ;)
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I have to say it really was an awesome show!!!!! It was my birthday I met Mike & Matt, saw Jeff....incredible night!!!!!!!! Mett a lot of very nice people!!!! Had the best birthday ever!!!!! Just looked at my photos and remebered it all over again!! And I have a photo of Mike on the speakers for whoever asked for that. I can post them tomorrow :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Last nights show was amazing. I can't begin to describe i, but I will try...

...a pleasure meeting you as well, thanks again for the ticket & great meeting all the other wonderful fans from this three day stretch (LA 3, 4 & SD). How to begin to describe it...

I've seen this band a lot going back to 1994, but these past three nights are amongst the best I've ever seen. The feeling of energy & the way they are playing is truly outstanding. After an incredible night in LA with Chris Cornell, I thought, how could they top it? Then, LA4 was awesome again, and I liked the set more, so again, thought how could this could show in SD come close, but WOW!!!

I've have never seen Ed so 'giddy.' He was having a blast. What I've always loved about Pearl Jam is the strong fan base and sense of community, but this show, it was like the whole arena was community. From LuLu's birthday; talking to his old gas station boss and saying it was a good job, but he's never leaving the job he has now; bringing up Ed's guitar teacher & Matt's drum coach, and of course; the great singalongs by the whole arena.

For those that weren't there, it's worth getting the boot just to hear all of Ed's stories before and during the songs.

So many highlights; Truly amazing show!
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    davet7462 wrote:
    At the end of the show - a lady in the front row on Stone's side was able to get Ed's wine bottle. Then somebody asked for the other one - to which Ed replied 'No - that's vodka.' :lol:
    /

So what kind of wine was it?? I kept trying to read the label thru my binocs!
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    Great show, I went to all 4 LA shows as well, but San Diego energy is great.

Highlights of the night for me were under pressure, little wing, and the bad A$$ Padres shirt!!!!!
  • Options
    Grandma wrote:
    davet7462 wrote:
    At the end of the show - a lady in the front row on Stone's side was able to get Ed's wine bottle. Then somebody asked for the other one - to which Ed replied 'No - that's vodka.' :lol:
    /

Wish I knew - but couldn't read the label. It was a red, though. :lol:
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Back from San Diego, my eighth and the best show so far. The band was great, from the happy birthday singalong to the story of the mohawk. The new material sounded great ( could have played all 11 songs off the new album and that would be great ). Flew from Southern Ontario for the show and the weekend, enjoyed the show and a nice weekend in San Diego. Can't wait till tout dates in 2010, however, this show will be tough to top.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    eeedmdeeedmd Posts: 40
    Well our babysitter (sister) for Winter & Vedder came thru, and we sat 6th row. I really missed seeing my wife dance like that. Pure enjoyment. Thanks for the memories. Sorry we didn't get a chance to go to the pre party. A Romantic evening alone was a better choice.
    EEEDMD
  • Options
    trotti2trotti2 Posts: 82
    Anyone know if matt cameron lives in La Jolla. Doing a little sight seeing while in town and friday morning I coulda sworn I saw matt jogging.
    Houston- 4/6/2003 10/14/2000 10/15/2000
    Dallas- 6/9/2003 10/17/2000 7/5/1998
    San Antonio- 4/5/2003
    Chicago- Ed Solo 8/22/08
    San Diego- 10/9/2009
    Philly- 10/30/2009 10/31/2009
    New York- 05/20/2010 05/21/2010
    PJ20- 9/3/2011 9/04/2011
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

Wow those are AWESOME!!

What kind of camera?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    last exit as an opener?!
    niiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeeee!
    8-)

all these amazing setlists just get me even MORE excited for philly!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Right when the walked on the stage my husband says "they're gonna play Last Exit" !! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Anyone else in the trolley after the show? Someone was blocking the doors, therefore we couldn't move. It was PACKED and we sat at the Grantville station for at least 20 minutes...with no air.
    Yes---that was so ridiculous I was laughing. Then we didn't get off on the right stop (duh) and on the next one at Qualcomm a nice couple gave us a ride back to our car but I left my jacket in their car!!! and I don't think they post here -- this was their 1st time seeing PJ. Oh well.....if you hear of a jacket someone lost in a car it's mine!

On topic
    GREAT CONCERT!!!! Wish I was closer but that's another thread.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    IAMOIAMO Posts: 24
    Cartoonist and Character Designer >> i-a-m-o.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Envoy wrote:
    To Heartdog: my wife and I were seated right above you, and your joy during the show was there for all to see. I had to leave, but she told me all about Eddie coming over to give you the tambo. I'm not surprised at all.

To all the San Diego fans: I may have been the luckiest guy in the room, because I got tapped to sit in on drums. When Matt let me know they were thinking about it, I just about lost it. That night, I started thinking "holy shit, these people are here to see PJ, they don't want a couple of old dogs out here!"

And then I thought, maybe I ought to just trust these guys to know what they are doing. Your comments in these posts make me smile more than I can possibly say. I'm humbled, and still walking about six feet off the floor.

Which is totally freaking out my cats.
    And thank you, sir. For being a teacher, for being a good teacher, and for cranking out a quality student.

One of the best things about Pearl Jam shows are the moments that they create for those other than themselves. Sure we buy the tickets and go to the shows and want those guys to musically kick our asses, and they do. But, without fail, every show that I've been to they've given up a moment to share, to thank, to laugh, to appreciate, to criticize, to love. A band with that much heart is a beautiful thing.

Glad for you. You rocked the drums like a pro.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Grandma wrote:
    davet7462 wrote:
    /

I was lucky enough to have Ed hand me his wine bottle at the beginning of YL. I took a drink and passed it but didn't keep the bottle, but I kept the cork, and on the cork it reads "Peppoli 2006"
    was it?....
  • Options
    intheflesh wrote:
    Grandma wrote:
    davet7462 wrote:
    /

I was lucky enough to have Ed hand me his wine bottle at the beginning of YL. I took a drink and passed it but didn't keep the bottle, but I kept the cork, and on the cork it reads "Peppoli 2006"

Were you in a white hat? We saw you from the side of the stage and I thought you were 1 of the few totally getting into the music! Some of those people were killing me...if I were front row you'd have to tell me to shut up cause I'd be rockin all night!! Congrats to you!!
  • Options
    Here's my picts from the 2nd row right in front of Stone

http://picasaweb.google.com/tombellanca ... mSanDiego#
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    Were you in a white hat? We saw you from the side of the stage and I thought you were 1 of the few totally getting into the music! Some of those people were killing me...if I were front row you'd have to tell me to shut up cause I'd be rockin all night!! Congrats to you!!

I was a few people down from the guy in the white hat. I was wearing a dark green scally cap, and white t-shirt.
    But I was totally rockin out as well. It was my first time in the front row and I made damn sure I didn't hold anything back!
    was it?....
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107

ha, we have nearly the same photos considering i was sitting right next to you! great show! nice stick!
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    intheflesh wrote:
    Grandma wrote:
    davet7462 wrote:
    /

Thanks! I'm going to order some - looks like a Wine Spectator 90 point Sangiovese - retails for $25 - so no slouch wine ( 90 WS pts very respectable ) but not super-star priced either. Leave it to Ed to be down-to-earth on his wine. Would have been a bit shocked if it were some super-expensive French bottle....

Hey - I'm being accused of stalking the band here at work. How many others did all 4 LA nights + SD? I know there are lots of you out there!
  • Options

ha, we have nearly the same photos considering i was sitting right next to you! great show! nice stick!

that stick was amazing. I totally missed Matt coming over to toss em (attention was somewhere else). All of a sudden, I look up and see a handful of sticks arching toward me. In a split second I reach up and just grabbed it out of thin air. As if the night wasn't perfect enough...that just was the icing on the cake.

at least you didn't have the tallest person in the venue right in front of you! :)

there's a couple shots I feel like I missed...
    one of Boom
    and a real good full band shot.

Do you have either of those picts? I'd love to get a copy if so.
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    TipJammer wrote:
    The Pearl Jam Night of My Life... WOW... Front Row.. DEAD CENTER!

I hit the lottery last night and score SECTION AAA ROW 1 Seats 23 and 24. I still can't believe it. I took my wonderful girlfriend who has never seen pearl jam besides Ed solo in Maui. We were on top of the world.

I could go on and on but I'll tell just one quick story. ED ASKED ME TO HELP HIM REMEMBER THE PARACHUTE LYRICS! Ha.. I couldn't believe it. We were right in front of him and he points right at me when he was introducing the song and said YOU gotta help me remeber the lyrics. OK... here we go. So we're singing the song and Ed starts locking on me and I'm mouthing them as clearly as I can... but then we get to where it gets a little foggy for me... and Ed aparantly and he lost it. We both started laughing and he moved on in perfect Ed fashion.

Anyhow... it was a moment that I'll never forget.

I apologized to him after the song and we graciously laughed at each other. One song later Ed stepped forward and tossed me a pick. I was elated. At the end of the show Ed caught my attention again and shot me another pick to give to my girlfriend. Ed is so rad.

It was SO SO GREAT. I've been so die hard for so long for this to have happened felt incredible. I felt like I won the lottery.

Anyhow... here is link to the vid. Its pretty funny in the middle when he screws up... he blames me. I'll take the blame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCTPYEI-GQ

100x Thank you to PJ and Ed.

que onda Greg, nice meeting you, I didn't noticed that in Parachutes, jajajajaj great video, very funny, see you soon
  • Options

Seriously nice shots man. Here is a link to mine..all I had was my iPhone - left my camera back home in WA. I was in the first row of the center section behind the AAA section...

My seat was section CCC row 1, seat 1 ~ best part was having the aisle in front of us to move around and rock out. Had a blast! I was wearing the blue Cubs hat and the green Seattle 22 shirt...

http://m.facebook.com/album.php?re05a90 ... 9&refid=17
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    intheflesh wrote:
    Grandma wrote:
    davet7462 wrote:
    /

Met you guys on my way in and out of the venue on the train, what a great night!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    OK finally got around to posting some pictures from San Diego :-) Sorry I'm not the best photographer but here are some of the ones I took, as well as the photos of me meeting Mike & Matt!!!! What a great night!!!!!

http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... n%20Diego/