Options

*** San Diego Fanviews Here 10/9/09 ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited June 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
October 9, 2009

San Diego State University, Viejas Arena, San Diego, California

Opening Band: Ben Harper and Relentless7

Set List: Comin' Up Easy, Under Pressure (w/ Eddie Vedder), Number With No Name, Rock & Roll Is Free (If You Want It), Lay There & Hate Me, Shimmer & Shine, Serve Your Soul, Up To You Now

Pearl Jam

Set List: Last Exit, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Brain Of J., Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Amongst The Waves, Johnny Guitar, Even Flow, Unthought Known, Parachutes, Daughter/ (Blitzkrieg Bop), I Got Id, You Are, Force of Nature, Got Some, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: The End, Red Mosquito (w/ Ben Harper), Happy Birthday to LuLu, Given To Fly, Last Kiss, The Fixer, Life Wasted

2nd encore: Why Go, Black, Better Man/ (Save it for Later), Little Wing (w/ John Szantos and Bud Whitcomb), So You Want to Be a Rock and Roll Star, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter/ (The Star-Spangled Banner)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep thread for Fanviews only....

Thank you :)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Good morning

Fanview por favor
  • Options
    the main set was great. parachutes, last exit, brain of j, the end, unthought known and i got id were the tightest, in my opinion. 10c seats at the back of the floor kinda sucked but what can you do? side stage in 06 was much better.

new songs were great live!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Had a great time last night. Setlist was kickin, with one or two surprises in there. Brain of J and You Are really kicked ass! The boys were really frikkin energetic for the whole thing. Ed was nicely drunk and sang immaculately. Backspacer comes across great live. Highlights on that fron t for me were Got Some and Force of Nature.
    Happy Birthday singalong for the sound guys daughter (or was it lights?) was really cool.
    all in all a top quality show. Met some lovely people there too.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    What a fantastic show! Seriously words cannot express how awesome Pearl Jam was in SD. The version of Black with the audience participation was so amazing...it even moved Eddie...I was suppose to be behind the stage and got down to 7th row floor...AWESOME...I need to go back for more!!!! They sound so incredible. Went to LA3 with Cornell and Cantrell which was mind blowing, and did not think that could be topped, but that SD show frickin ROCKED!!!!! I was lucky enough to be next to people who had the same engery as me and we jumped, danced, screamed and pumped our fists all night. I felt compelled to show my appreciation and plus cannot sit still at a PJ concert. Eddie gave so much of him self last night...even had to change his shirt half way through he was so soaked. Thank you Eddie/PJ so much for giving everything you got...MUCH LOVE, Peace!!
    :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

P.S Can I borrow money from someone to fly Down Under???
  • Options
    Great show. Haven't seen them live for about 15 years so it was a great experience. Lots of energy & great performance. Bummed didn't get to purchase the Padre's replica t-shirt-very cool.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    awesome show!! heard them sound check parachutes while picking up tickets...as with the la shows, the band is on...so although reading the setlist you might think the show wasn't great but they fucking rocked!!...bringing out the crew members daughter and singing happy birthday to her was fun...matt's drum teacher and ed's guitar teacher playing on little wing was cool...ed told a story about when he was pumping gas, he asked his boss if he could get a mohawk since he was in band and wanted to be a punk rocker...he promised his boss he would wear a hat....then they play so you want to be a rock and roll star

great show all around and a great end to an amazing 5 shows!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Definitely a great show! Was like a family reunion too - Alan (Cosmo), Marcia, Scott, Calvin, Katie, and so man others! Great to see you everyone. While it may not have been chock full of rarities or rock-god surprises, Ed and Ben doing Under Pressure was freakin' fantastic and their set was a massive celebration by everyone in-house. A great way to end this leg of the tour.
  • Options
    Two things that made this show stand out.

1. The numerous stories that were shared by Eddie made the show more personal. The set list was great, but instead of just a concert, it felt more like a shared experience.

2. The house lights came up at the end of Alive, signaling the end of the show. They could have easily said goodbye, but they gave the crowd one more song with the lights on. Never been to a show where the band ignores the venues cues to end the show. Awesome.

Little wing was amazing as well.

Great show
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    Having been to the last San Diego show back in '06. I was blown away back then.

This show was by far the best I had been too. It seemed the boys had no problems with their gear or sound, everything seemed seamless. The set was a great mix of old and new. I was a little bummed that he didn't sing Just Breathe. The crowd was alive from the first drum beat to the last lick from Mike. I don't think the energy in the place came down once. I was a little surprised to see so many empty seats behind the stage. (A sign of the times I guess.)

Here are the pics I took...

http://picasaweb.google.com/cacuellar76 ... directlink

Thanks San Diego for such a great show.
    120XXX
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    OMG!!!!! BEST NIGHT EVER!!! I'm still in Cali so I've got to make this short....had good tenclub seats...decided to walk around, ended up 4 rows up side stageish. Ended up being in the friends and family area. VERY VERY nice relative of Matt Cameron gave us VIP passes and we ended up meeting Matt & Mike!!! Jeff was there too but we didn't get a chance to talk to him, but have photos will post once I'm back home! it was my birthday too and it was the best on yet!!!!!!!!! THANKS YOU TENCLUB and THANK YOU PEARL JAM for making last night a VERT memorable one!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Great to see Jeff bringing back the bandana!!! 8-)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    Dude...Dude...Dude...

OK, my 13th show was my third favorite overall.

As mentioned earlier the Black ending was special w/ the entire crowd ending with a synchronized clap to McCready's fade out after the doo doo doo doo doooodooooo dooooooo's :lol:

Simply put "The End" w/ or without strings sounds amazing live, better than the album IMO.
    Little Wing sounded awesome and you can see how much respect Ed and Matt have for their teachers.
    Betterman was dedicated to them a song earlier and Ed said to his teacher, "How do you like that shit?" - Awesome!

My first time hearing Johnny Guitar - song is sick live and the crowd responded very well to The Fixer.
    You Are sounded perfect and Stone was fuckin' ON (lights were strobing).

In closing, this show felt very intimate much like State College '03
    (my first and favorite show, also a University venue btw).

Funny tidbit - after the show my wife and I were lined up for the trolly to take us back to the hotel, on the other side of the station there was a middle aged couple laying down on the platform, side by side,face to face making out and rubbing each other in front of about 400 people on the other side of the station. The whole scene lasted about 12 mins before they realized they had an audience...AH PEARL JAM...I LOVE YOU!!!
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    parachutes,,,i want so bad to see that live.. :?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811

:arrow: Please keep thread for Fanviews....

Thank you :P

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I was in Section AAA, Row 5, Seat 38 (Mike's side).
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    That was a fun show. It was 2+ hour sing along. Clearly the band pulled out the favorites to put on the high-energy show for the hometown friends and family. It totally worked. They were fired up, the crowd was fired up and today I have no voice left. I have been to a rarities show (Newcastle 06), which as a long time fan that knows all the deep cuts was enjoyable for me. But nights like last night, where the band decides (and I quote Eddie) “its Friday night, in San Diego, and we have a s&it-load of guitars and amps, so lets blow the f*cking roof off this place” are really tons of fun and it gets the entire crowd into the experience. There were lots of stories, a couple surprises, and a glimpse at the bands personal history. I loved in the Betterman intro when the entire crowd was singing loudly and Ed looks back at his guitar teacher from his youth and says “did you see that, it’s insane”, almost like a child happy to be making a teacher proud. The new songs sound great live and I was happy to hear Parachutes. Also, “Under Pressure” with Eddie on the David Bowie part and Ben Harper on the Freddy Mercury part during the opening act was AWESOME; it never pays to show up late for a PJ show.

Thanks for a great show and a great experience last night. I just moved to SD and seeing Pearl Jam live makes this feel a little bit more like home. I can hardly wait to relive the show it while listening to the boot.

You stay classy San Diego.
    Portland 98; Charlotte 00; Greensboro 00; Raleigh 03; Bristow 03; Asheville 04; Toronto 05; Sydney x 3 06; Newcastle 06; San Diego 09
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    bigbadbill wrote:
    I was in Section AAA, Row 5, Seat 38 (Mike's side).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCTPYEI-GQ

what a great 8 weeks, from chicago to portland to l.a. and to finish it off in san diego with 2nd row in front of stone! thanks 10club!
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    really awesome show, went to their 06 show, and i agree that this one felt more like a shared experience. although the row in front of us was basically dead weight, the row behind us couldn't be more into it, which made me into it. I sat farther away than last show, but this time I didn't forget my glasses, so I felt closer haha.
    really awesome show, Thank you pj for a great experience!
  • Options
    I'm still a bit speechless, but one thing for sure. I had a relgious experience in the 2nd row right in front of Stone. Just one incredible moment after another. and to top it off, I caught a drumstick!
    in my many many years of seeing shows, this one will be remembered as a special one for sure.

totally on par with the '06 throw-down in the same venue.

i can't wait to see ed's setlist, it seemed like there were tons of audibles - especially the 2nd encore

can't believe i got to hear little wing!!!

will post some pictures later. i haven't reviewed em, but I know there's some good ones.

thanks pearl jam and 10club for a fantastic night and a fantastic week.
    come back soon!
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I took so many pictures of last nights show, I had to use two lithium batteries and two different memory cards. I have to actually make room on my computer's c drive before importing all 500 pictures on to it.

All right, go ahead...this is where people are going to write sarcastic comebacks like whoopdy fucking doo, Big Bad Bill, and/or laughing smiley faces.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    bigbadbill wrote:
    I took so many pictures of last nights show, I had to use two lithium batteries and two different memory cards. I have to actually make room on my computer's c drive before importing all 500 pictures on to it.

All right, go ahead...this is where people are going to write sarcastic comebacks like whoopdy fucking doo, Big Bad Bill, and/or laughing smiley faces.

Good for whoopdy fucking you! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad you enjoyed yourself. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    What an amazing show. I was truly the most "fortunate" SOB on the planet yesterday.
    My favorites were Brain of J and the jam sessions during rearview mirror and betterman. Parachutes and Little wing were nice treats as well.
    The energy was phenomenal from start to finish with lots of crowd pleasers. You could tell the band was having a great time and simply enjoying themselves. I love how they do everything they can to make every member of the audience feel like part of the show.
    If anyone happened to find a small blue canon camera with some incredible pics from last night and LA4 please pm me. I think I lost in in the parking lot below the parking structure. Sucks I don't have the pics to show everyone but at least I've got the memories!
    Thanks Pearl Jam for two insanely awesome shows!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    Vegas - 93 / Vegas - 06 / Berkeley (Eddie) - 08 / LA - 09 / SD - 09 / Santa Barbara (Eddie) - 11 / LA - 13 / Dana Point (Eddie - Ohana) - 17 / Boston Sept 2 and 4 - 18 / Ohana 18 / Ohana 19
  • Options
    WOW!!! This was a great show. First time to see them in San Diego, although I did buy the boots and listened to them for many years. It was refreshing to actually be there, so when I buy this boot, I will have an even bigger smile on my face when I listen back.
    The show started off with Ben and I have to tell you, when Ben played the sound was shitty. When Ed came out to sign Pressure I could hardly hear Ed's voice, so much echo and distortion. I looked over to my new PJ friend from San Diego, "Rocko" (it was nice to meet you and your girlfriend) and asked him if noticed the same. He agreed with me as we both attended the LA show (Gibson Theather) he was at nights 3 and 4 and I was at night 2. We both were blown away at how nice the sound was and that we both felt that Ed's voice sounded fresh and bold. Flash to San Diego and when the show began we just were shaking our heads, the sound was horrible. After Ben's set, we both talked about the sound. It wasn't long before the sound gal was out and she was trouble shooting the sound on all of the mics. Rocko and I looked at each other and began to feel better, saying things like, "See she's fixing it" and "Oh...that sound better." So we felt pretty good. Show began, and it was better, but still had some echo. After about the first 2 or 3 tunes, it was dead on!
    Great Show. If you are a collector of boots, you have got to buy this one. Ed talks a lot about himself. This was also my wife's first PJ show. She is not a fan! :shock: I know! Grounds for a divorce, right?!?! Well...she went with me to SD to se the fellas for the first time. Needless to say, she enjoyed the show, but she still said, "I still don't dig the music, but I liked some of the songs, and I now know why you and the other fans love PJ, there is a connection there that I didn't know about. I can see how Ed cares about the fans, he certainly connected with the crowd and the crown sure gave it back, that was cool." So....from her point of view, she thought the show was good. She never saw a crowd get so into the show before. (Well, to tell you the truth, (whisper in your ear, move a bit closer so she can't hear me, She likes bands like Bon Jovi....shhh.) So again, she never gets to see crown interaction like we do at every PJ show.
    My number is 242XXX and I was in section F on Stone's side, seats were good, Thanks 10C. Better seats at LA but hey at least I wasn't on the floor in the back! Lot's of pot smokers, as a result, I got a contact high :D Loved the birthday story of LULU and the 1 and a half day old baby in the rain in Seattle. LuLu is now 16 - HB LuLu again! I won't belabor you all with the set list as you have seen that. Great show once again!
    Note...and this might cause some flac, but I have to note this observation. During the show, I never once saw Ed speak to Stone, go stand by stone and rock out, it was odd. After the encores when everyone was giving hugs like Boom, Ed, Matt, there was Stone to the side and no hug from Ed, no even a pat. He walked by him as if he wasn't there. To me...it looked like Ed was pissed off at Stone. He was getting the "Stone" cold shoulder. Then, after the show...Ed said something like, "this is the last time here for a while, so...enjoy." I looked over to Rocko, the guy from the LA shows 3, 4 and he said Ed made the same comment on the 4th night in LA too. So...this got me to thinking, which is not a good thing if you know me. Is there something going on with Stone? Is he the reason why they may be taking a break, a long break according to but based off my interpretations of Ed's comments, have something to do with Stone? Or...the fact that there are rumors of a Soundgarden reunion, and Matt will join them on their tour soon, have something to do with the long break?
    But...still, the Stone and Ed thing, did anyone else notice this other than my new PJ friend, wife and Rocko's girlfriend see this too? Hmmm. :?
    Despite this, this was one fucking great show!!! Better than the LA forum shows in 2006 and the San Francisco Shows 2006 too!
    8-)
    ( OIIIIO ) It's about being able to go where most can't - Forget it, It's a Jeep thing!
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    First off, I "gotta say it now, better loud, than too late..." - that this show made me ache, and made me shake! :)
    Thank you 10 Club for the excellent seats - Sec R - 8th row...
    Thank you Wishlist Foundation for an awesome get together at McGregors - so many cool people and awesome raffles (my buddy came from Texas with his buddy from Nebraska - along with a few other buddies in SD (8 of us in total)- we all won something!!!)
    Thank you to the killer dude from Sessions who knew I was a Jeff fanatic and gave me the setlist Jeff gave him!!! Jeff is one of his friends and was thrilled to see our row rock out all night and come from AZ to show our love...
    Thank you Pearl Jam for blowing the roof off of the arena and more importantly for loving what you do (and each other) - it showed in every note, gesture, and fan interaction - you guys are a special band to so many - hope you felt the love in that building last night...
    On to the show:
    Under Pressure w/ Ben (during Ben's set - 2nd song!) was magnificent and just made me that much more amped for the "main event"...
    Last Exit opener set the tone...Brain of J was sick...the new tunes translated live amazingly (bummed no Just Breathe - but not complaining :))...Parachutes, I Got Shit, You Are and Force of Nature were surreal...The End solo was better than the record - the 2nd encore was just non-stop - Black, Little Wing and So You Wanna Be A Rock n Roll Star ALONE make this a must buy boot - seriously...and such a fan love-a-thon - what a fantastic friggin' show...over a dozen shows for me - and this one is near the top...
    Great friends, great arena, great show, great gift (setlist), great poster and great experience. I am so proud to be a fan, so fortunate to grow with this band and so in love with the mighty Pearl Jam...
    Philly - bring your seatbelts and extreme suntan lotion - 'cause your faces will be melted off!!!
    Again, thanks to all the fans and the band for an experience that even amnesia can never erase!
    Peace and long spread the Jam...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Great to see Jeff bringing back the bandana!!! 8-)

Ha! It's funny you say that. As soon as I noticed that, I turned to my show buddy and said "Look, it's the 1991-Jeff!" :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Thank you to the killer dude from Sessions who knew I was a Jeff fanatic and gave me the setlist Jeff gave him!!! Jeff is one of his friends and was thrilled to see our row rock out all night and come from AZ to show our love...
    I have to ask... any changes from the setlist? ;)
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    I have to ask... any changes from the setlist?

Believe it or not - nothing was left off nor added :)
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    Sir. PJSir. PJ Posts: 149
    RIDICULOUSLY UNBELIEVABLY FUCKING AMAZING!!

Everything was perfect. This was my 5th PJ show, and very possibly the best yet. Unthought Known, Black, Do The Evolution and Alive were definitely the highlights for me. It was also awesome, Mike yelling out "how do you like this shit?!" to Ed's old guitar teacher.

One of my friends with me had never seen PJ live or even heard a single PJ song. Yes...a COMPLETE PEARL JAM VIRGIN.We drove from Phoenix to San Diego, about a 6 hour trip. I built up the experience along the way by saying that feeling the energy from PJ and the crowd is like "the souls of everyone in the packed house transcending out of their bodies and then flying around in the rafters high-fiving each other".

Needless to say...My previous PJ virgin friend walked out of that arena in shock. He realized my imagery was actually right.

I had a bet with the people around me who I never met before, which song would be played first. I was thinking in my tree, but then changed my vote to corduroy. fuck yea I won. Corduroy was played second (not the first song of the concert, but before any of the others' votes)

Thank you pearl jam. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    I have to ask... any changes from the setlist?

Believe it or not - nothing was left off nor added :)
    Wow - now that's a first. Very cool - thanks for that!