Options

*** San Diego Fanviews Here 10/9/09 ***

12346»

Comments

• Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    At 2:28 ish -- is it fitting on 2 disks? Oh right, no piano intro and snipped intermissions? Think Audio CDs hold about 1:20 each?

Man yeah, sad to hear audience is mixed low -- blessing and a curse though. While I don't wanna hear those folks who "want to be heard..." I do want to hear us all sing, and Eddie was so proud of us all, braggin to his teacher mid-Betterman!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Heleka7Heleka7 Posts: 66
    i'm actually pretty disapointed with the sound of the bootlegs this tour. don't get me wrong, i'm grateful the band does this for us, but i wanted to hear the crowd singing along. plus i think eddie's mic is a little too loud. but hye, it's better than nothing ;)
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Man...what a pain in the ass. I loaded disc 1 and itunes didn't recognize the disk so I had to enter the names of the tracks manually. Then disc 2 went in and the same thing...only it mixed the two together until I went through and one by one labled the album title on the songs of the 2nd disc... San Diego, CA disc 2... and in the right order.

I'm not the most computer savvy person so it took a while for me to figure out how to do this. Frustrating man...but I was actually proud of myself. Anyways...it sounds great. No..we don't sound as loud as we really were...but I'm ok with the mix as a whole.

edit: BTW...SF and LA3 were recognized by itunes and were easy to load in. Anyone know why SD wasn't?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Heleka7 wrote:
    i'm actually pretty disapointed with the sound of the bootlegs this tour. don't get me wrong, i'm grateful the band does this for us, but i wanted to hear the crowd singing along. plus i think eddie's mic is a little too loud. but hye, it's better than nothing ;)

I fucking love that!!! finally, I can understand what the hell he's talking about! :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Man...what a pain in the ass. I loaded disc 1 and itunes didn't recognize the disk so I had to enter the names of the tracks manually. Then disc 2 went in and the same thing...only it mixed the two together until I went through and one by one labled the album title on the songs of the 2nd disc... San Diego, CA disc 2... and in the right order.

I'm not the most computer savvy person so it took a while for me to figure out how to do this. Frustrating man...but I was actually proud of myself. Anyways...it sounds great. No..we don't sound as loud as we really were...but I'm ok with the mix as a whole.

edit: BTW...SF and LA3 were recognized by itunes and were easy to load in. Anyone know why SD wasn't?

haha! I'm soo glad you posted this. I had the same issue! I was bummed...I had to put in everything as well. I don't know, I think Kufala messed up, or something happened during the recording. Or iTunes failed to reconize the label. either way, i'm glad that was the only problem...I would hate for there to be 23 EMPTY songs. It is an extreme pain to put in song for song (especially when you have to click on the Track just to type it in....ugh.
  • Options
    LiDurLiDur Posts: 4
    "under pressure" with ben harper was fkn awesome. anyone have an mp3 somewhere i can throw into iTunes and complete my 10/09/09 playlist?
  • Options
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    I had 3rd row seats to this show and got some great photos that are posted here:
    Enjoy!
    http://alongtherail.blogspot.com/2009/1 ... tures.html
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    edited November 2009
    1Vedhead wrote:
    I had 3rd row seats to this show and got some great photos that are posted here:
    Enjoy!

Thanks for the pictures! So whats the final verdict on the quality of this boot? I still haven't purchased it and probably won't if its as bad as some are saying it is.
    Post edited by Better Dan on
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    DS114969 wrote:
    1Vedhead wrote:
    Enjoy!

Thats for the pictures? So whats the final verdict on the quality of this boot? I still haven't purchased it and probably won't if its as bad as some are saying it is.

bad? what lame complaints do people have? :roll:

show was great! boot is great! :thumbup:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:
    1Vedhead wrote:
    Enjoy!

Thats for the pictures? So whats the final verdict on the quality of this boot? I still haven't purchased it and probably won't if its as bad as some are saying it is.

bad? what lame complaints do people have? :roll:

show was great! boot is great! :thumbup:

Company was great :thumbup:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

:wave: thanks for the ride...but next time, how 'bout a ford or something...i still feel dirty from riding in that thing ;):lol:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

:wave: thanks for the ride...but next time, how 'bout a ford or something...i still feel dirty from riding in that thing ;):lol:
    Talk to the Mrs. I was fine with a Horse and Buggy but when in Rome ... 8-)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    haha! I'm soo glad you posted this. I had the same issue! I was bummed...I had to put in everything as well. I don't know, I think Kufala messed up, or something happened during the recording. Or iTunes failed to reconize the label. either way, i'm glad that was the only problem...I would hate for there to be 23 EMPTY songs. It is an extreme pain to put in song for song (especially when you have to click on the Track just to type it in....ugh.[/quote]

Got my SD boot this week, it loaded fine and itunes recognized it correctly, so problem is solved. And it sounds good, audience is real low as previous poster said.Still well worth it!
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Bump

Listened to this boot for the first time running a 10k in Central Park today. RVM sounded amazing, just an solid performance overall.

Jw
  • Options
    Just now getting acquainted with the boot and So You Wanna Be A Rock and Roll Star fucking rocks. Great energy by Ed when he comes out of the story and launches into the last verse. It was great reliving an awesome show.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Just listened to this boot for the 1st time - WOW! What an amazing gig, the boys were on fire! Best show I've heard in a while and Force Of Nature is immense - after listening to this boot its made me see the song in a whole new light!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    1Vedhead wrote:
    Enjoy!

Those pics are amazing! Are you sure you weren't ON the stage? They should hire you.