Options

*** San Diego Fanviews Here 10/9/09 ***

Comments

• Options

Wow those are AWESOME!!

What kind of camera?

Thanks.

It's a Panasonic Lumix - easily the best compact camera for low light concert shots in my view.
  • Options
    kwarlockwarloc Posts: 42
    this was certainly just another incredible performance by the band. :lol:

i thought the set list awesome w/ some really good songs. there was a lot of energy from the band and crowd.... as usual.

i continue to be truely amazed each and every time i see this band live in concert.

kinda sucks they won't be back until 6/2011

:o thanks to you all that have posted pictures.
  • Options
    lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    TipJammer wrote:
    The Pearl Jam Night of My Life... WOW... Front Row.. DEAD CENTER!

I hit the lottery last night and score SECTION AAA ROW 1 Seats 23 and 24. I still can't believe it. I took my wonderful girlfriend who has never seen pearl jam besides Ed solo in Maui. We were on top of the world.

...took a while to process everything that happened that night, but finally made it! My gf and I won the lottery as well and we had seats 25 & 26! When the girl in the box office handed me the tickets, I couldn't believe it...FRONT ROW !!!! We had a great time watching the show and chatting with you and your gf-
    The show was amazing! The band was definitely in a great mood, having as much fun as were .Right from the first song, the positive energy was overwhelming-all the new songs sounded awesome. When Ed did "The End", right in front of us...damn. The interaction before and during "Parachutes" was classic! No pressure on you at all! I have been dying to hear that song. "I Got Shit" was perfect. So many songs..."RVM", "Corduroy"...I'll never get tired of hearing those tunes. Ed flipped my gf a pick, too- Thanks!!! We didn't want it to end...the stories were funny, and the guys bringing out their former teachers...they played their asses off! Just an incredible night all around...we were only able to make it to one show this time,but it was so worth the trip from Connecticut! THANKS PEARL JAM AND 10C !!!( Thanks for the discount at the Hilton,too! )
  • Options
    lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    To all the San Diego fans: I may have been the luckiest guy in the room, because I got tapped to sit in on drums. When Matt let me know they were thinking about it, I just about lost it. That night, I started thinking "holy shit, these people are here to see PJ, they don't want a couple of old dogs out here!"

And then I thought, maybe I ought to just trust these guys to know what they are doing. Your comments in these posts make me smile more than I can possibly say. I'm humbled, and still walking about six feet off the floor.

Which is totally freaking out my cats.[/quote]

LOL- you guys were so locked in...you especially had such a groove going on...you sure you hadn't been rehearsing together for weeks??? Believe me, we enjoyed it...a lot !Thanks!!
  • Options
    LOREINLOREIN Posts: 1
    What can I say..... FREAKING AMAZING!! I flew all the way from Mexico City to see them play live, its my 6th concert, I've never seen them in the US and it was mind blowing... I'm totally saving for the next one. Thanks guys, you rock.

Pearl Jam fucking rules!!!
    Lorelai
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

I was really hoping to get a poster for the show. Does anyone have an extra or know where I could get one? I went down from Canada and it's tough to get a poster from a San Diego show. Any suggestions would help for sure.

Thanks.
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    silver39 wrote:
    OK finally got around to posting some pictures from San Diego :-) Sorry I'm not the best photographer but here are some of the ones I took, as well as the photos of me meeting Mike & Matt!!!! What a great night!!!!!

http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... n%20Diego/

Great Pics!
    San Diego was the best show that I have ever seen. Great times last week! :D
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I think folks are gonna be really surprised by RVM from this show -- I'm pretty sure it was the longest song performed, beating out Evenflow, Alive, Black, Betterman and even YL/SSB. I think it was over 8 mins long!

The extended jam in the middle of RVM was just off the hook, very funky -- some almost tribal drumming as it starts to ramp back up -- sounded like they just didn't wanna stop jamming!

And I think tagging Daughter and Black is just about done -- a bit of runaway tag on Betterman, but don't recall reading too many other songs tagged this tour?

And I recall a bit of Ed saying, "It'll be awhile..." but were are folks getting the 6/2011 from??!?! Oh well, another year to save up tour money just means more shows in '11!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    acutejam wrote:

The extended jam in the middle of RVM was just off the hook, very funky -- some almost tribal drumming as it starts to ramp back up

I got high when that happened. No, not from weed. From what acutejam describes above.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    acutejam wrote:
    I think folks are gonna be really surprised by RVM from this show -- I'm pretty sure it was the longest song performed, beating out Evenflow, Alive, Black, Betterman and even YL/SSB. I think it was over 8 mins long!

The extended jam in the middle of RVM was just off the hook, very funky -- some almost tribal drumming as it starts to ramp back up -- sounded like they just didn't wanna stop jamming!

Just like the RVM at the last San Diego show...which has always been my favorite version of RVM because it's so deep and the only word I've ever used to describe that particular groove is "tribal". Between Matt's drums and Jeff's bass...so heady, so primal. Live versions of that song always remind me of how talented as musicians they really are. They can flip that song a dozen different ways.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    pateljam wrote:
    silver39 wrote:
    OK finally got around to posting some pictures from San Diego :-) Sorry I'm not the best photographer but here are some of the ones I took, as well as the photos of me meeting Mike & Matt!!!! What a great night!!!!!

http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... n%20Diego/

Great Pics!
    San Diego was the best show that I have ever seen. Great times last week! :D

Thanks! It was awesome night!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    mt231763 wrote:
    Hey everyone.

I was really hoping to get a poster for the show. Does anyone have an extra or know where I could get one? I went down from Canada and it's tough to get a poster from a San Diego show. Any suggestions would help for sure.

Thanks.

Watch the 10C site... they sometimes sell posters a few weeks after tour time.
  • Options
    CaliBigWaveCaliBigWave California Posts: 82
    Finally got around to putting this up. :)

Under Pressure
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_-J3xWVaA
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    BOOTLEG IS UP!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

How be the quality?
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:

How be the quality?
    SWEET!

Thanks Norm!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    that little wing starts off really good and then someone on the right side (not Stone) absolutely butchers the guitar solo
  • Options
    malbitose wrote:
    that little wing starts off really good and then someone on the right side (not Stone) absolutely butchers the guitar solo

that would be ed's guitar teacher. it was a bit painful to hear and watch.
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    malbitose wrote:

Haha, now I'm not so sure whether to get the boot or not. I'm just getting it only for that song!
  • Options
    KevDylan wrote:
    malbitose wrote:

Haha, now I'm not so sure whether to get the boot or not. I'm just getting it only for that song!

If thats the case I wouldn't bother, i'll send you the song, lol.

Ya that guy playing on the right totally ruins that song.. Mike plays a pretty nice solo and then stops to let the other guy come in and all you hear is this choppy garbage that has no resemblance to little wing at all..
  • Options
    moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    Yeah, at the show you could totally tell the sound guy brings Mike back up loudly as soon as the teacher butchers the song.
  • Options
    This boot is fantastic. One of the best versions of Amongst the Waves I've heard.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Little Wing: It is what it is, Ed and Matt letting their child/teen-year music teachers sit in with the band. The drums are awesome, that's not Matt -- he sat off to the side. And the drum teacher has actually posted in this thread! (again, awesome job man!).

While watching it live, as a guitarist, I just couldn't help thinking, "Oh man, he doesn't wanna solo .. NO MIKE DON'T PASS IT OFF TO HIM!!!" Ed's teacher was very content to embrace the "less is more" ethic of guitar playing, he was in his groove crunchin out muted chords and jivin' with the band. When Mike went up to him to pass the lead, i dunno, it's like he was warming up to it at that point when he needed to fire that rocket off. It's like he wanted to just jam for a few more verses to work up to a punch, and he didn't get the time. I recall Mike kinda being there with him and getting this "ruh-roh" feeling and takin the lead back, slowly interjecting some notes over him and then just takin it back...

It's just totally unfair to put him (teacher) in a dueling banjos scenario with a 20-year touring rocker shredding week-in-week out with numerous bands (Mike). The teacher was happiest just playin rhythm methinks and there ain't nuthin' wrong with that.

A bit awkward during the solo, but overall a very memorable and enjoyable moment!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    I think to be fair with the guitar teacher....he may not have known the solo...or have gone rogue. We don't know the curcumstances before the show nor is it important. Both teachers were probably just really happy to be up on stage playing guitar and drums.

Listening to it, it's not the best, but really honestly guys, they're guests, SPECIAL guests to Eddie and Matt. It was probably just fun having them there on stage.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Jesus...is the crowd even singing "Betterman"??? By the sounds of the bootleg I would say no, but having been there myself I know that wasn't the case at all as we were all singing at the top of our lungs!! I'm kind of dissapointed the crowd is not better represented on this bootleg. Still a great show and excellent bootleg non the less.

RM
  • Options
    Jesus...is the crowd even singing "Betterman"??? By the sounds of the bootleg I would say no, but having been there myself I know that wasn't the case at all as we were all singing at the top of our lungs!! I'm kind of dissapointed the crowd is not better represented on this bootleg. Still a great show and excellent bootleg non the less.

RM

that sucks! haha...All that for nothing on the boot. That was my favorite part! Not to mention I was looking forward to that song on the boot.
  • Options
    This gig sounds like it was pretty awesome, seems like a long time since Shepherds Bush 11/08.

Must of been close on a 3hr set?
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options

RM

I'll have to second that. After listening to twice through, the crowd was about ten times louder in person. That show was off the hook. The last bootleg from San Diego had a pretty good representation of the show and crowd, I was surprised this one didn't.
    120XXX
  • Options
    It's just the way it recorded. that's all. Somehow, it didn't pick up most of the audience, which sucks, because the audience was the best I've ever heard. Betterman shook the place!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    i see that san diego boot is one of the best with la 3-4
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”