*** San Diego Fanviews Here 10/9/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Yes, they forgot Alive on 2nd encore.
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    by sharonrachel1 » 10 Oct 2009 20:00

I don't have a scanner at home - unfortunately - but on the s/l I was given, Alive is right under Rock -n - Roll Star and before Y. Led...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    Yep, that's where it should be, just hasn't been changed on the site yet I guess.
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    by sharonrachel1 » 10 Oct 2009 20:00

I don't have a scanner at home - unfortunately - but on the s/l I was given, Alive is right under Rock -n - Roll Star and before Y. Led...
  • Options
    RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    norm wrote:
    awesome show!! heard them sound check parachutes while picking up tickets...as with the la shows, the band is on...so although reading the setlist you might think the show wasn't great but they fucking rocked!!...bringing out the crew members daughter and singing happy birthday to her was fun...matt's drum teacher and ed's guitar teacher playing on little wing was cool...ed told a story about when he was pumping gas, he asked his boss if he could get a mohawk since he was in band and wanted to be a punk rocker...he promised his boss he would wear a hat....then they play so you want to be a rock and roll star

great show all around and a great end to an amazing 5 shows!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Norm, you cheeky bastard you! :D
    5 phenomenal shows.And a "Little Wing" to boot!
    Love your avatar.
    "Welll I'm Waiting".
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    bigbadbill wrote:
    I was in Section AAA, Row 5, Seat 38 (Mike's side).

Yeah I was in the same row seat 40, didn't realize that was you, but we talked after the show, my fanview is coming.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Really good concert. My wife and I had a great time....just that it was hard for me to like this show more than LA night 4. I still had a great time and when Eddie told the story about LuLu and we all sang happy bday to her the night just got better and better. I love how Eddie always tries his best to make the crowd behind the stage feel good. The crowd was amazing singing and just being fun!
    Highlights for me: The fixer and Got some are freakn awesome live
    Ed's story telling
    Lu Lu 16th bday
    Eds guitar teacher and Matts drum teacher playing with the band
    Parachutes (even though he messed up the lines) He said he would :D
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    The Pearl Jam Night of My Life... WOW... Front Row.. DEAD CENTER!

I hit the lottery last night and score SECTION AAA ROW 1 Seats 23 and 24. I still can't believe it. I took my wonderful girlfriend who has never seen pearl jam besides Ed solo in Maui. We were on top of the world.

I could go on and on but I'll tell just one quick story. ED ASKED ME TO HELP HIM REMEMBER THE PARACHUTE LYRICS! Ha.. I couldn't believe it. We were right in front of him and he points right at me when he was introducing the song and said YOU gotta help me remeber the lyrics. OK... here we go. So we're singing the song and Ed starts locking on me and I'm mouthing them as clearly as I can... but then we get to where it gets a little foggy for me... and Ed aparantly and he lost it. We both started laughing and he moved on in perfect Ed fashion.

Anyhow... it was a moment that I'll never forget.

I apologized to him after the song and we graciously laughed at each other. One song later Ed stepped forward and tossed me a pick. I was elated. At the end of the show Ed caught my attention again and shot me another pick to give to my girlfriend. Ed is so rad.

It was SO SO GREAT. I've been so die hard for so long for this to have happened felt incredible. I felt like I won the lottery.

Anyhow... here is link to the vid. Its pretty funny in the middle when he screws up... he blames me. I'll take the blame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCTPYEI-GQ

100x Thank you to PJ and Ed.
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:

I hit the lottery last night and score SECTION AAA ROW 1 Seats 23 and 24. I still can't believe it. I took my wonderful girlfriend who has never seen pearl jam besides Ed solo in Maui. We were on top of the world.

I could go on and on but I'll tell just one quick story. ED ASKED ME TO HELP HIM REMEMBER THE PARACHUTE LYRICS! Ha.. I couldn't believe it. We were right in front of him and he points right at me when he was introducing the song and said YOU gotta help me remeber the lyrics. OK... here we go. So we're singing the song and Ed starts locking on me and I'm mouthing them as clearly as I can... but then we get to where it gets a little foggy for me... and Ed aparantly and he lost it. We both started laughing and he moved on in perfect Ed fashion.

I apologized to him after the song and we graciously laughed at each other. One song later Ed stepped forward and tossed me a pick. I was elated. At the end of the show Ed caught my attention again and shot me another pick to give to my girlfriend. Ed is so rad.

It was SO SO GREAT. I've been so die hard for so long for this to have happened felt incredible. I felt like I won the lottery.

Anyhow... here is link to the vid. Its pretty funny in the middle when he screws up... he blames me. I'll take the blame.

I remember that! Funny as shit. I didnt know the story behind it but knew he was calling someone out for not knowing all the words... Who knows all the lyrics to Parachutes anyways!? Great story lucky fella.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Gbegenyi wrote:
    RIDICULOUSLY UNBELIEVABLY FUCKING AMAZING!!

Thank you pearl jam. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.

I agree with you 100%. Last nights show was amazing. I can't begin to describe i, but I will try (this might be REALLY long!) :mrgreen:

For starters I was at the last two LA shows which were my first and they were great, but the San Diego show was as good as both of those combined.

I actually had great seats for the LA venue and wasn't expecting too much for the bigger San Diego show. The ten club seats that I got weren't bad, but as I was waiting for the person I was giving my extra ticket too I heard someone at the box office getting front row on Mike's side, so I figured I should go and try my luck. Sure enough after a brief scare, a single ticket was open, but then was gone. I was able to score a section AAA row 5 seat on Mike's side!!!

I already knew the show was going to be awesome, but after that I was just in shock! I was then able to pick up the amazing poster and the Padres themed shirt so I was ready. Soundcheck was cool to hear as they played one of my favorites You Are (more on that later).

I would like to thank Mary Ann a fellow Phoenix area fan who I met at McGregors and gave me a ride over to the box office to pick up our tickets, she also was hooked up with similar incredible seats.

I was very glad to make it to the pre-party and hang out with a ton of fellow Pearl Jam followers. I went to the shows by myself which was great because it allowed me to meet some really, really great fellow fans. (Eric, Patrick, Raivo, Mary Ann, Mason and many others whose names I may not remember never got).

On to the actual show itself, unfortunately I was walking and riding the trolley around so by the time I ate and got to the venue and sold my extra 10C ticket I had missed the beginning of the set when Eddie came out and sang Under Pressure with Ben Harper, that would have been awesome to see!

I walked down to my seat and could not get over how fortunate I was to be sitting at such an amazing spot on Mike's side no less!!

I was going into the show REALLY wanting to hear Severed Hand and Go. I also was hoping for In Hiding and Down. I figured there was no way I would get them all.

1. Last Exit: A song that I have always really liked, but after hearing them open with it it has been stuck in my head all the way home. It was such a hard rocking GREAT way to get the show started.
    2. Corduroy: To go from Last Exit into another Vitalogy track was awesome! It was so rocking and sounded better than it did during LA 3. One of my favorites so what an amazing job they did on this one.
    3. Severed Hand: At first note I knew I was getting one of my four that I so desperately wanted. I love the guitar work in the song and they just NAILED it! I was so happy to hear this and await the boot for this song alone.
    4. Brain of J.: a song that just doesn't played enough IMO. I just noticed that they only played in Toronto this tour so that makes me even more excited to have heard it. Such an awesome rocking song. One of the MANY pleasant surprises in this set.
    5. Small Town: hearing the crowd screaming "HELLO!!!" is so cool, glad I got to hear it twice.
    6. Amongst the Waves: one of many amazing songs off of the new record it sounds so great live and Mike's guitar work on the live version just is awesome.
    7. Johnny Guitar: my unsung fave on the album. It is my most played song from the album and again just a great vibe to it.
    8. Even Flow: to all those who want them to shelve this song, screw you all! :D Just being able to hear Mike's guitar solo makes spending 70 bucks a ticket worth it, it was sickening how he shreds that song!
    9. Unthought Known: seems to be one of the best songs on the new album to be heard live: Already fans and Eddie scream "with gems and rhinestones" which is great to hear! Played at all three of the shows I saw.
    10. Parachutes: Another highlight of the show, he said he was going to F up the lyrics and asked for help (he did mess up), but hearing this song live was sweet, especially since they didn't play it at all in 2008.
    11. Daughter: For me this was the first song that was played that I am not absolutely in love with. It is a great and is special hearing it live with the tag.
    12. I Got Id: I know why it is a favorite for so many. What a fabulous song live!!! Glad I was able to hear it, since it also doesn't get played too much.
    13. You Are: Probably my number two song highlight of the night after Severed Hand. This is my favorite song from Riot Act and when they started playing it I couldn't for the life of me figure out the name of it, I just knew I love it. After I finally realized what it was they were in it. The ending guitar solos for the song were AWESOME. This will be the highlight of the boot for me for sure. The song was 100 times better than I ever could have imagined!!!
    14. Force of Nature: after not playing it pre-LA it is finally getting the plays it deserves. Yet another stellar track from the new album.
    15. Got Some: This is a song they are playing every show this tour and I see why. it is such a high energy rocker and is SO much fun to sing live, here's to playing this for years to come.
    16. Do the Evolution: hands down one of the greatest PJ songs to hear live. From the unison Hallelujah's to the screaming It's Evolution BABY!!!! This songs rocks so hard!!!!
    17. RVM: When they played this song in LA the bridge in the center was UNBELIEVABLE, so I knew it would be again, unfortunately I was dying of thirst, so I had to leave to get a beverage, thankfully there was no line and I was back before the solo ended!

WHEW!!!!!! An encore break!! Much needed, I could not believe that they could have played 17 straight songs that I absolutely love. I was speechless. How could this night really get any better?? I will finish my show review tomorrow, there is plenty to read here. I need to catch up on some sleep tonight after the long drive today.

:mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:

Talked to you last night, can't believe how cool that must have been. I love this Pearl Jam family everyone I met and talked to was so friggin' cool!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    TipJammer wrote:

I was in the third row in front of Mike and took my best friend to her first show. We were laughing at all that! It was GREAT. Needless to say, it sure helped in her road to PJ obsession! :D
  • Options
    my fanview...cheating, but a cool review article...The show simply kicked ass... 32 fucking songs man. What a night.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/entertain ... soa_1.html
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    TipJammer wrote:

Anyhow... it was a moment that I'll never forget

Tipjammer, I was standing just behind you in the 2nd row and saw the whole thing, that was awesome. Oh by the way, that's my video that I shot of him verifying your moment. Obviously, your perspective was a bit different being right in front of him. It was a great moment! :D
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    Any pics of Mike playing on top of the speakers during Alive?
  • Options
    hvrsqhvrsq Las Vegas Posts: 49
    Fantastic show! Fantastic fans! Fantastic hotel! Fantastic city! Thank you Pearl Jam! Thank you 10c! Thank you San Diego! I was actually sad when Eddie finished Yellow Ledbetter and said that's it, I'm done. He left it all on that stage. It was great. Any one get video of him with Ben Harper? I was only able to see the last 2 songs of Ben Harper's set. Standing in line to get my tickets. I was disappointed they didn't come to
    Vegas but traveling to San Diego made the concert that much better.
    if nothing is everything......
    I'll have it all!
  • Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    edited October 2009
    Post edited by pjfansinceten on
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    swear by sinswear by sin Austin TX Posts: 73
    probably the best version of red mosquito i've heard...
    Dallas 6/9/03
    Virginia Beach 6/17/08
    Austin 10/4/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Dallas 11/15/12 (EV)
    Dallas 11/15/13
    Austin 10/5/14
    Boston 8/7/16
    Nashville 9/16/22
    Fort Worth 9/15/23
    Austin 9/18/23
    Austin 9/19/23
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Anyone else in the trolley after the show? Someone was blocking the doors, therefore we couldn't move. It was PACKED and we sat at the Grantville station for at least 20 minutes...with no air.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    TipJammer wrote:

This guy totally deserves it!
    Duncan, it was great seeing you and meeting your girlfriend. Let's do dinner soon!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    The show was amazing!! The Backspacer songs sound even better live! I was not a big fan of Johnny Guitar until I heard it live. Amongst the Waves, Unthought Known, Force of Nature, The Fixer & Got Some=AWESOME

Was psyched to hear You Are and I got Shit. The band was on fire...jumping around like they were still in their 20's. All in all it was an incredible show with an an even more incredible setlist!

I'm so glad I made the trip from the east coast to the west coast!

I can't wait for the Philly shows now! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    had a BLAST in SD...I don't think the setlist shows the energy and fun the band was having on stage...what a great run of shows :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Anyone else in the trolley after the show? Someone was blocking the doors, therefore we couldn't move. It was PACKED and we sat at the Grantville station for at least 20 minutes...with no air.

I was there..that was horrible. I wasn't sure whether someone was blocking the door or it just wouldn't close. At a later stop a door near me wouldn't close even though no one was blocking it and someone outside had to slam it shut. Packed is an understatement for that old trolley...and the driver was rude too. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    hvrsq wrote:
    Fantastic show! Fantastic fans! Fantastic hotel! Fantastic city! Thank you Pearl Jam! Thank you 10c! Thank you San Diego! I was actually sad when Eddie finished Yellow Ledbetter and said that's it, I'm done. He left it all on that stage. It was great. Any one get video of him with Ben Harper? I was only able to see the last 2 songs of Ben Harper's set. Standing in line to get my tickets. I was disappointed they didn't come to
    Vegas but traveling to San Diego made the concert that much better.

Did you stay at the Mission Valley Marriott? If so, I think I met you when walking back from the trolley.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:

I was there..that was horrible. I wasn't sure whether someone was blocking the door or it just wouldn't close. At a later stop a door near me wouldn't close even though no one was blocking it and someone outside had to slam it shut. Packed is an understatement for that old trolley...and the driver was rude too. :lol:

I thought the driver was hilarious...and so irritated. LOL! I saw the "official" dude walk by apparently, as you said, to slam the door shut. What made it even more enjoyable (note the sarcasm) were the two wacky guys who broke into Boyz 2 Men duets during the wait.

• Options
    hvrsqhvrsq Las Vegas Posts: 49
    Yes. I was in the same car standing next to them. Hilarious. Two brothers seranading us with boyz to men! Others didn't seem to enjoy it as much. They were rather mouthy and almost got a beat down.
    if nothing is everything......
    I'll have it all!
  • Options
    How come no pictures of this show yet on the home page?

For me the three highlights (aside from Under Pressure in Ben's set) were The End, RVM, and Little Wing. Amazing show
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    hvrsq wrote:
    Yes. I was in the same car standing next to them. Hilarious. Two brothers seranading us with boyz to men! Others didn't seem to enjoy it as much. They were rather mouthy and almost got a beat down.

Not just brothers...twins. :lol:

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

OH MY GOD! Are you the one who took these? Thank you for sharing!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329

Awesome fucking video. Thanks!

Please post some more if you have them!!!!! :)