London Shepherds Bush Empire, Aug 11

Comments

• DM245926DM245926 Posts: 11
    I tried to get tickets for my sisters through the 02 priority thing for PJs 02 arena show next month, and that was a mess too, the links didn't work, the code they gave you didn't work, waste of time. Not gonna rely on it. If I don't get the lottery then sod it, I will just cry at home :(
  • varunjvarunj Posts: 12
    Somebody asked - yes I did get the tickets.

I randomly tried at 8.55 and was very surprised it loaded the page. I order the tickets immediately.

After the payment - it got stuck for nearly 10 mins, and then the confirmation page came up.

Though, I completely agree, all tickets should be through 10C. I dont know why companies such as HMV get to sell this. Bullshit. Sorry guys who didnt get it.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    varunj wrote:

I randomly tried at 8.55 and was very surprised it loaded the page. I order the tickets immediately.

After the payment - it got stuck for nearly 10 mins, and then the confirmation page came up.

Though, I completely agree, all tickets should be through 10C. I dont know why companies such as HMV get to sell this. Bullshit. Sorry guys who didnt get it.

Congratulations :D
    seems like you're one of the few.

The rest of us either pay £200, or we don't go........ :(
    ticket bastard is already selling them http://www.getmein.com/tickets/pearl-ja ... 43170.html

pre sale my bollox. I just reported them to 10c, prolly make no diff....bet meh, made me feel better.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    Fuckin Up wrote:
    I never got the link either. Had HMV tell me at 9:05am "I can only apologise that you never got the email but tickets have already sold out anyway". Just cancelled my order and preying for 10c tickets!

I had to create a second account in order to get a confirmation of an account being set up. I'm so glad I did that because I had a feeling the website didn't like my yahoo address.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    varunj wrote:

this is exactly what happened to me, though I tried at 8.56.
    there is clearly some kind of contractural agreement between vendors, promoters, venues.. God knows. these things are getting worse as time goes by. i'm pretty miffed that i have pay to collect though. i just pressed the first button!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • blue_rain wrote:
    varunj wrote:
    i'm pretty miffed that i have pay to collect though. i just pressed the first button!

I wish I'd done that. Instead I've convinced myself it was the fact I had to enter my postcode before my tickets could be 'reserved' that screwed up my order.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    It's pretty bad that they put them on sale early. I know with some other ticket sites that if you refresh too often they will block you for a certain time period, so I resisted the urge to keep refreshing from 8.55 - and it turns out that is exactly what I should have been doing, ho hum. I keep trying to tell myself it's not the end of the world, but I'll be absolutely gutted if I don't get to go.
  • jamie uk wrote:
    varunj wrote:

Congratulations :D
    seems like you're one of the few.

The rest of us either pay £200, or we don't go........ :(
    ticket bastard is already selling them http://www.getmein.com/tickets/pearl-ja ... 43170.html

pre sale my bollox. I just reported them to 10c, prolly make no diff....bet meh, made me feel better.

How is that site selling them for ShepBush already? Are they legit? And are they really selling them for £187?!! :o
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• DecZepDecZep Posts: 4
    blue_rain wrote:
    varunj wrote:
    i'm pretty miffed that i have pay to collect though. i just pressed the first button!

I wish I'd done that. Instead I've convinced myself it was the fact I had to enter my postcode before my tickets could be 'reserved' that screwed up my order.

thats what happened to me aswell man! i randomly refreshed at 8.56, had the tickets in my basket and got stuck at the postcode page! i've never come across anything like where you hve to enter your postcode to reserve. that was the first and last time i will be dealing with hmv tickets. its still in the basket now actually...
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    DecZep wrote:
    blue_rain wrote:

thats what happened to me aswell man! i randomly refreshed at 8.56, had the tickets in my basket and got stuck at the postcode page! i've never come across anything like where you hve to enter your postcode to reserve. that was the first and last time i will be dealing with hmv tickets. its still in the basket now actually...

Yeah mine too. Am I pathetic for not wanting to close that window? :lol:
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

How is that site selling them for ShepBush already? Are they legit? And are they really selling them for £187?!! :o

They are legit, they are run by ticketmaster.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    I was shaking putting in the details of the CC. I noticed they had a timer that seemed to have counted down from 10minutes. If thats the case, in theory you have your tickets reserved for 10 minutes? I can't really remember what the page looked like, I was in shock to see the damn thing!

When I clicked on 'confirm', that 10 minute wait was awful. I was sure I was gonna get an error message. I tried the "unique" link again in another browser, and got an error along the lines of 'the link is expired because the maximum amount of tickets have been retrieved'. I've never waited 10minutes for anything on the internet!

I'm glad I booked that €12 flight now :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    I just reported a load of ebay sellers for trying to sell tickets for this show, as they do not have them in hand yet from the promoters they are not allowed to sell them ;)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    I've never waited 10minutes for anything on the internet!

clearly you've never downloaded Hairy Poker and the Gobble of Fire then?

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Yielded wrote:

Probably, but mine's still open too and I even occasionally have a go at buying them, so that makes two of us.
  • happy_larryhappy_larry Posts: 221
    blue_rain wrote:
    varunj wrote:

I thought that but after half an hour of trying with the tickets in my basket I was about to give up when i tried one last time and actually managed to get 2!!!

I still can't believe I got some and I keep looking at the confirmation email to make sure its real!

sorry to all those that didn't get some, best of luck with the lottery and I'll see you all at the show!
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • tenbobtenbob Posts: 66
    Ok So the HMV pre order didn't seem to work for most of us and HMV admitted a problem. There's nothing we can do about it now except wait for the lottery results.

However I would like someone from the band or 10C to answer a few questions:

1.) How did HMV seem to sell out at 9am?
    2.) Why have Pearl Jam/10C chosen HMV for promoting the new album, they are not on a label any more so surely there was no contractual obligations. Shouldn't there have been a bit more freedom from the corporations?
    3.) What do the band think of the way this was handled? Are they aware of whats been going on with us UK fans and how much we might have to pay to some scummy tout?

Please don't take the above as a complain we cant all fit in a small venue, but just getting a bit annoyed at the thought of our favourite band may possibly be changing thier stance on the things that we have all rallied against (Large/corps ticket touts etc) for the last 17 years.

JUST GIMMIE SOME TRUTH!!!!!!!

PS: HMV Order is cancelled and Jumbo will be getting my money, Support your local independents (Dont buy it from Amazon either like someone said earlier)

Good Lotto players!

I thought that but after half an hour of trying with the tickets in my basket I was about to give up when i tried one last time and actually managed to get 2!!!

I still can't believe I got some and I keep looking at the confirmation email to make sure its real!

sorry to all those that didn't get some, best of luck with the lottery and I'll see you all at the show!

you must be as happy as larry :roll: :roll:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    TH137172 wrote:
    Ok So the HMV pre order didn't seem to work for most of us and HMV admitted a problem. There's nothing we can do about it now except wait for the lottery results.

However I would like someone from the band or 10C to answer a few questions:

1.) How did HMV seem to sell out at 9am?
    2.) Why have Pearl Jam/10C chosen HMV for promoting the new album, they are not on a label any more so surely there was no contractual obligations. Shouldn't there have been a bit more freedom from the corporations?
    3.) What do the band think of the way this was handled? Are they aware of whats been going on with us UK fans and how much we might have to pay to some scummy tout?

Please don't take the above as a complain we cant all fit in a small venue, but just getting a bit annoyed at the thought of our favourite band may possibly be changing thier stance on the things that we have all rallied against (Large/corps ticket touts etc) for the last 17 years.

JUST GIMMIE SOME TRUTH!!!!!!!

PS: HMV Order is cancelled and Jumbo will be getting my money, Support your local independents (Dont buy it from Amazon either like someone said earlier)

Good Lotto players!

i understand and feel your pain... but nobody from 10c will answer those questions... and definitely nobody from the band is going to sign on and answer your points...

the thing about HMV... its their allocation of tickets and they could have walked up the street handing them out to people if they wanted... they said they'd be on sale at 9am... they went on 5 mins earlier... are you going to try and tell me people were sitting in front of their computers at 8.55am and thinking "nah, i'll hang on 5 minutes and then check"... if you were at a screen at 8.55am you would have just tried your luck and refreshed like a mofo until 9am.

the promoter books the band, the venue is owned by O2, HMV had an allocation of tickets to sell... its a pain in the hoop.... but most likely the band havent got a fucking clue what goes on.
    dunkman wrote:

*shakes head with utter disappointment and shame*
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

*shakes head with utter disappointment and shame*

i know. :oops: :oops:
  • DecZep wrote:
    blue_rain wrote:

LOL.... Mine too! I have written to HMV telling them that they have breached their own Terms & Conditions by not holding the tickets when they had been placed in the basket.

The example I gave was this:

I go to my local HMV Shop, place a CD in my shopping basket and head straight for the checkout where I am served immediately.
    On arrival at the checkout, the member of staff who is serving me says "Oh! I'm sorry sir, that person over there is going to have your CD, you didn't get here quick enough!"
    My reply would be "well, I walked directly from the display to the checkout"
    "That maybe the case sir but it just wasn't quick enough"

I don't expect to get anything but the rant gave me a warm feeling inside :cry:
  • LOL.... Mine too! I have written to HMV telling them that they have breached their own Terms & Conditions by not holding the tickets when they had been placed in the basket.

The example I gave was this:

I go to my local HMV Shop, place a CD in my shopping basket and head straight for the checkout where I am served immediately.
    On arrival at the checkout, the member of staff who is serving me says "Oh! I'm sorry sir, that person over there is going to have your CD, you didn't get here quick enough!"
    My reply would be "well, I walked directly from the display to the checkout"
    "That maybe the case sir but it just wasn't quick enough"

I don't expect to get anything but the rant gave me a warm feeling inside :cry:

You've brought a smile to my otherwise sad face, and for that I thank you :D
  • Haha good one clashcity. It's so true though, not having a reservation system on a ticketing website shopping basket is just plain stupid.
    Hah! All the fuckers trying to sell Pearl Jam Shepherds Bush tix on ebay have had them removed! Speak out and it all works out (unless they were all bought, can't see that though for £400 each).
  • MLML Posts: 62
    DM245926 wrote:
    Hah! All the fuckers trying to sell Pearl Jam Shepherds Bush tix on ebay have had them removed! Speak out and it all works out (unless they were all bought, can't see that though for £400 each).

Really? That is completely awesome. Hopefully their orders have been cancelled and the tickets have been thrown back into the pot!
    1992 - London ULU
    1993 - London Finsbury Park - Brixton Academy x2
    1995 - Reading Festival (with Neil Young)
    1996 - London Wembley Arena x2
    2000 - London Wembley Arena
    2006 - Later With Jools Holland - Reading Festival
    2007 - London Wembley Arena
    2009 - London Shepherd's Bush Empire - O2 Arena
    2010 - London Hyde Park
    2012 - London Hammersmith Apollo x2 (EV solo)

• MLML Posts: 62
    Wait this one was missed perhaps because they misspelled Shepherd's Bush.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEARL-JAM-SHEPERD ... 1|294%3A50

Did people report the sellers to the 10c or to eBay? Cos this dude should have his listing cancelled too!
    1992 - London ULU
    1993 - London Finsbury Park - Brixton Academy x2
    1995 - Reading Festival (with Neil Young)
    1996 - London Wembley Arena x2
    2000 - London Wembley Arena
    2006 - Later With Jools Holland - Reading Festival
    2007 - London Wembley Arena
    2009 - London Shepherd's Bush Empire - O2 Arena
    2010 - London Hyde Park
    2012 - London Hammersmith Apollo x2 (EV solo)

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    LOL.... Mine too! I have written to HMV telling them that they have breached their own Terms & Conditions by not holding the tickets when they had been placed in the basket.

Not too sure what you mean, the tix are held for 10 minutes, time to complete the transaction. If the transaction is not completed after that time (for any reason), the tix are released. Better than Ticketmaster or other where it's two or three minutes!

Though mine timed out that way but I was surprised to find an e-mail confirming the purchase once I got home!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:

Not too sure what you mean, the tix are held for 10 minutes, time to complete the transaction. If the transaction is not completed after that time (for any reason), the tix are released. Better than Ticketmaster or other where it's two or three minutes!

Though mine timed out that way but I was surprised to find an e-mail confirming the purchase once I got home!
    tickets were NOT held for 10mn when in your basket.
    Twice I had them in my basket, went straight to checkout only to be told it failed when I put my postcode in (not timed out, it said it very quickly). They were still appearing in the basket after that but it was impossible to check them out. I never got to the point to enter my payment details.
    Now maybe they were held for 10 once you started the payment process, but having them in your basket meant zilch.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Pegasus wrote:
    redrock wrote:

tickets were NOT held for 10mn when in your basket.
    Twice I had them in my basket, went straight to checkout only to be told it failed when I put my postcode in (not timed out, it said it very quickly). They were still appearing in the basket after that but it was impossible to check them out.

This kind of thing happens with seetickets ... not exclusive to hmv. Where you get to say how many tickets you want, put in your address and c/c details and then it eventually tells you it couldn't complete your order.

Seem to remember this went on for days with the Astoria tickets ... you could go through the whole order process to then be told to call there helpline as they couldn't process it :evil:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?