Options

London Shepherds Bush Empire, Aug 11

Comments

• Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    from outside the UK, collecting them was the only option.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    brio33800brio33800 Posts: 77
    Hello,

I was lucky enough to have a mate who manged to sort out two tickets yesterday...Everything has been booked....Eurostar Youth Hostel....The following day, l'll be back to work....
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I'm in ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    WarchildWarchild Posts: 19
    No luck for me...

On hmv site I got:
    Unexpected Data

On ticketweb as I was putting the payment order I put the phone number in the wrong format and wasn't able to get tickets from then on... :(

Didn't won any tickets on the lottery either.
    I don't wanna think, I wanna feel
  • Options
    beach_bumbeach_bum Posts: 6
    Just tried to buy tickets off the ticketweb site- was gone to the secure order form page with my order for two tickets twice!!! It says at the top of the page that your tickets are secure for 15mins and yet once I pressed place order I was told that there was no tickets! This was at 9am and they had me buying the tickets- I couldnt be more p1ssed off!!!! :x :x Anyone else have problems with the website!?

If anyone can get there hands on two tickets I would be forever grateful!!!
  • Options
    DRS_PJ1DRS_PJ1 Posts: 39
    jenfolk wrote:
    O2 ARENA TICKETS ON SALE AGAIN ON TICKETMASTER - just got 2 standing tickets..................

WTF?! When did that happen? How?! Why?!

I've got really crappy seats, a mile from the stage for that gig.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    beach_bum wrote:
    Just tried to buy tickets off the ticketweb site- was gone to the secure order form page with my order for two tickets twice!!! It says at the top of the page that your tickets are secure for 15mins and yet once I pressed place order I was told that there was no tickets! This was at 9am and they had me buying the tickets- I couldnt be more p1ssed off!!!! :x :x Anyone else have problems with the website!?

If anyone can get there hands on two tickets I would be forever grateful!!!

better check your credit card balance. by the sounds of things some people have been charged for multiple sets of tickets they never actually bought...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Just a quick note folks please remember there is a new thread for spares - peeps have been posting on other threads and even starting new ones and it's all getting confusing. Use the new one, which Ames will refer to for the lottery! :-)
  • Options
    Just cancelled my Backspacer presale order with HMV. There is a drop down box which asks why you are cancelling. Unfortunately "You F**ked Up the ticket presale" isn't an option! :D
  • Options
    Cancelled mine too... :D

Oddly disappointed there wasn't an 'Other' option for the cancellation reason, one with a nice blank box in which to deposit my bile and vitriol! ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    JollyJolly Posts: 100
    just done the same! :) felt goooood!

my bank account seems to be missing about £250 - not shown up yet as what its gone on but im suspecting ticektweb seeing as how i got all the way to the 'confirm' page after typing in my card details, address etc only to then get a 'sold out' message...

anyone else get this happen and get their cash back?
  • Options
    CO198796CO198796 Posts: 9
    TICKETWEB = Worst ticket site ever (I thought ticket master was bad)
  • Options
    HMV apparently just had some more go on sale at 15:30.
    sold out now.
    i never got a second email telling me about it, wonder if that had anything to do with cancelling the order! :(
  • Options
    what????!!
  • Options
    dbk06dbk06 Posts: 61
    could only have had a few left went in a few minutes and that was without almost anyone knowing about it!!!!!

they probably released a few company ones out of sheer embarresment!!!

still dont account for the effing mess this has all been, i know it wont stop you loving the band but they gotta get a grip on this sort of thing!!!??
  • Options
    Matt SmithMatt Smith Posts: 26
    I was lucky enough to get a standing ticket in the HMV pre-sale on Tuesday. Like a few others, I randomly refreshed before 9AM and they were already on sale so I quickly filled in my details and hit process. The page took 10 minutes to load and I was worried I was going to get a page error and miss out.

I missed out on tickets for the 02 Arena several times so I'm so glad I'll be able to see them this year at an intimate venue. It will be the first time I see the band play live so I can't wait!
  • Options
    tenbobtenbob Posts: 66
    dbk06 wrote:
    could only have had a few left went in a few minutes and that was without almost anyone knowing about it!!!!!

they probably released a few company ones out of sheer embarresment!!!

still dont account for the effing mess this has all been, i know it wont stop you loving the band but they gotta get a grip on this sort of thing!!!??

Yeah I agree, they have gotta get a grip on this kinda thing! At the very least they could give us some response.

Just called the bank to see if could defer the mortgage payment for 1 month. When they asked "What for" and I told em it was for 1 Pearl Jam ticket, the flatly refused BASTARDS! take it they don't love Pearl Jam.

How come no one outside of this forum seems to understand what we are allo going through? :cry:

Should we start a request for a webcast?
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Been onto consumer direct and made a detailed full complaint about ticketweb taking my money(aka a transaction) and me not receving my tickets. They are the UKs trading standards body for the consumer side.
    Really really let down by tenclub here too. This should have been a fanclub show and private with no need for ticketmaster or any of their scalping subsidiaries, but dealt with in house by them.

Really let down by them today. We all were.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I was able to get tickets from HMV at 15:30.

They said there had been technical issues this morning so they made the tickets available again. Was at work with a vendor and had to ask him for 15 min of "personal time" :S

Both hmv and ticketweb disappointed me big time.
    Post edited by Warchild on
  • Options
    Warchild wrote:

They said there had been technical issues this morning so they made the tickets available again.

How did you find out about it??
  • Options
    Jolly wrote:
    Warchild wrote:

They said there had been technical issues this morning so they made the tickets available again.

How did you find out about it??

They sent an email at 13:28. I only got the pre-sale link yesterday so wasn't able to participate on the 1st presale.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    Just cancelled my Backspacer presale order with HMV. There is a drop down box which asks why you are cancelling. Unfortunately "You F**ked Up the ticket presale" isn't an option! :D
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Fuckin UpFuckin Up Posts: 15
    I've just been told by HMV that only people who had problems with the origional link got a sepaerate one today. Apparantly not getting sent the origional link in the first place (like me) didnt count, bastards
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    i ended up with a pair and actually had a 2nd pair in my cart at one point.

I had waited in the virtual line from 1:15 am to 4 am (EST/EDT? will be on short holiday from US). It was a nuisance and my internet went out for a bit at 2 am but it seemed to place me back into the same place in the queue.

Sorry no extra..
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    The automated response I got from TM/TW..

Thank you for your feedback.

There was an extremely large volume of traffic through our website for the Pearl Jam on sale and no general system errors have been reported by our technical team*. If you experienced a long wait whilst trying to obtain tickets, this was due to the sheer weight of numbers trying to access the site. If you did not receive a reference number, it is likely that you do not have a booking.

We would also like to inform you that TicketWeb only had a small allocation of tickets for this event as tickets were also allocated to 3rd parties and other agents.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused- unfortunately when demand so exceeds supply, some disappointment is inevitable. Customers are advised to keep checking back to our site in case more tickets become available closer to the date of the events.

Kind Regards
    Ticketmaster Customer Services

WHERE'S MY FUCKING TICKETS YOU FUCKS??? OR AT LEAST MY MONEY BACK??!!

Why can't 10c sort this out on their own?? this is so heartbreaking...i bought the tickets! I paid for the tickets! where are my tickets??
  • Options
    dbk06dbk06 Posts: 61
    Fuckin Up wrote:
    I've just been told by HMV that only people who had problems with the origional link got a sepaerate one today. Apparantly not getting sent the origional link in the first place (like me) didnt count, bastards

not completely true

my mate got one yesterday afternoon/evening which reads thus:-

Thanks for pre-ordering Pearl Jam: Backspacer.

As we said in the email we sent you earlier here is your chance to buy tickets to a one-off show at London's O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire. Tickets will be available to buy from 9am BST tomorrow, Thursday 23rd July.

get your tickets first

And don't forget to keep checking hmv.com for more great tickets offers like this.

Orders can only be placed through this link and not on the phone. If you have any questions surrounding this offer, please contact the hmv service team on 0845 603 8576, or drop us an email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:service@hmv.co.uk">service@hmv.co.uk</a><!-- e -->. If you have a question that concerns the tickets themselves, please contact the tickets service team on 0844 209 0330.

Thanks,

Customer Service Team
    hmv.com

check the date listed from 9am tomorrow, thursday!!!

this was the only link he received, it also worked i dont know if the tickets were general sale and just in time or directly because of this link????

go figure
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    jrd wrote:
    HMV apparently just had some more go on sale at 15:30.
    sold out now.
    i never got a second email telling me about it, wonder if that had anything to do with cancelling the order! :(

Are you sure about that? I've had website update scanning software running over my HMV presale link and the HMV ticket site "pearl jam" search results all day. The only changes to the presale link page were different messages regarding "not available". The only changes to the "pearl jam" search results page through the HMV ticket section were when tickets were listed at about 9:05am (I can confirm they definitely were listed for a few minutes, but always said "sold out" when I tried). I've got no alerts saying anything happened around 15:30pm on either. Unless it was just random for people's presale links?
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Approx how big is the venue, 2000 people? I cant wait, oh boy oh boy!

II am guessing / hoping STALLS STANDING is the best viewing option/closest to stage?
  • Options
    How's this for a bunch of Bullshit?:

Dear hmv customer,

We are writing to you in response to your recent enquiry in regards to the Pearl Jam CD pre-order / ticket offer.

We are sorry that you experienced issues with the hmv tickets site on Tuesday 21st July. As you can imagine, this offer was extremely popular and as a result the web site did at times struggle to cope with the volume of people trying to purchase tickets. We are also aware that at times the volume of traffic led to confusing messages being presented to customers attempting to purchase tickets, leading customers to conclude either that the link did not work or that tickets were sold out either prior to 9am or within just a few minutes of 9am.

We would like to reassure you no orders were processed before 9am BST on Tuesday 21st July 2009 and tickets continued to be purchased by pre-sale customers for around 30 minutes.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies if you were unable to purchase tickets in the hmv pre-sale; as you may appreciate the return of such a high profile band such as Pearl Jam caused unprecedented demand.

Kind Regards,

The Online Service Team
    http://www.hmv.com

I have sent an appropriate response and will update as and when I get a reply.
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    How's this for a bunch of Bullshit?:

Dear hmv customer,

We are writing to you in response to your recent enquiry in regards to the Pearl Jam CD pre-order / ticket offer.

We are sorry that you experienced issues with the hmv tickets site on Tuesday 21st July. As you can imagine, this offer was extremely popular and as a result the web site did at times struggle to cope with the volume of people trying to purchase tickets. We are also aware that at times the volume of traffic led to confusing messages being presented to customers attempting to purchase tickets, leading customers to conclude either that the link did not work or that tickets were sold out either prior to 9am or within just a few minutes of 9am.

We would like to reassure you no orders were processed before 9am BST on Tuesday 21st July 2009 and tickets continued to be purchased by pre-sale customers for around 30 minutes.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies if you were unable to purchase tickets in the hmv pre-sale; as you may appreciate the return of such a high profile band such as Pearl Jam caused unprecedented demand.

Kind Regards,

The Online Service Team
    http://www.hmv.com

I have sent an appropriate response and will update as and when I get a reply.

Considering I spent over an hour trying to get tickets on Tuesday, I can safely say that this is just plain untrue.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."