Options

London Shepherds Bush Empire, Aug 11

Comments

• Options
    Matt Smith wrote:
    I was lucky enough to get a standing ticket in the HMV pre-sale on Tuesday. Like a few others, I randomly refreshed before 9AM and they were already on sale so I quickly filled in my details and hit process. The page took 10 minutes to load and I was worried I was going to get a page error and miss out.

I missed out on tickets for the 02 Arena several times so I'm so glad I'll be able to see them this year at an intimate venue. It will be the first time I see the band play live so I can't wait!

Hey Matt Smith - don't suppose you are the new Doc Who are you?

How random would that be?! We could all use a Tardis right now to go back and get us those tickets!!
  • Options
    Matt SmithMatt Smith Posts: 26
    goddess wrote:
    Matt Smith wrote:
    I was lucky enough to get a standing ticket in the HMV pre-sale on Tuesday. Like a few others, I randomly refreshed before 9AM and they were already on sale so I quickly filled in my details and hit process. The page took 10 minutes to load and I was worried I was going to get a page error and miss out.

I missed out on tickets for the 02 Arena several times so I'm so glad I'll be able to see them this year at an intimate venue. It will be the first time I see the band play live so I can't wait!

How random would that be?! We could all use a Tardis right now to go back and get us those tickets!!

Nope, sorry :D

I'll have to get used to being asked when he takes over as the Doctor.
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212

We would like to reassure you no orders were processed before 9am BST on Tuesday 21st July 2009 and tickets continued to be purchased by pre-sale customers for around 30 minutes.

Thats utter shite cos I've just checked my inbox and heres the start of my confirmation email:

From: Web Administrator (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:webadmin@ticketswitch.com">webadmin@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->) on behalf of <!-- e --><a href="mailto:automated@ticketswitch.com">automated@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->
    Sent: 21 July 2009 08:57:36
    To: kristmace@XXXXXXXXXX
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    kristmace wrote:

We would like to reassure you no orders were processed before 9am BST on Tuesday 21st July 2009 and tickets continued to be purchased by pre-sale customers for around 30 minutes.

Thats utter shite cos I've just checked my inbox and heres the start of my confirmation email:

From: Web Administrator (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:webadmin@ticketswitch.com">webadmin@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->) on behalf of <!-- e --><a href="mailto:automated@ticketswitch.com">automated@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->

That's ridiculous, how can they just lie like that? Surely we cannot let them get away with this..?
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Ditto....more evidence if you need it:

from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:automated@ticketswitch.com">automated@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->
    reply-to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:automated@ticketswitch.com">automated@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->
    to *****
    date 21 July 2009 08:59
    subject HMV Tickets - Booking Confirmation
    mailed-by ticketswitch.com
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Arakias wrote:
    Approx how big is the venue, 2000 people? I cant wait, oh boy oh boy!

II am guessing / hoping STALLS STANDING is the best viewing option/closest to stage?
    It's a small to medium sized theatre. Not sure about how much overall capacity is, but standing room is just over 1000. Stalls are the GA standing section on the floor, so closest to the stage. The seating is in 2 balconies (levels 2 + 3).
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    kristmace wrote:

Please could you keep this email? It might come in handy if we ever need to prove any of this to the relevant bodies :)
  • Options
    Ditto....more evidence if you need it:

from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:automated@ticketswitch.com">automated@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->
    reply-to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:automated@ticketswitch.com">automated@ticketswitch.com</a><!-- e -->
    to *****
    date 21 July 2009 08:59
    subject HMV Tickets - Booking Confirmation
    mailed-by ticketswitch.com

Likewise please keep this email :) Any others folks, please post them here and keep a copy. I have a link to an association and I'm going to find out if we can throw the book at HMV - or rather, if they will investigate for us!
  • Options
    OK folks - I have fired off an email to the Agents Association to ask if they are the relevant group to help out here. I will let you know soonest of any reply.

Do you think I should just start up a new thread on here for our evidence and so forth? I'm not sure if it's ok to put this kind of thing in the 10c or not??
  • Options
    Matt Smith wrote:
    goddess wrote:

Nope, sorry :D

I'll have to get used to being asked when he takes over as the Doctor.

LOL, yes indeed :-)
  • Options
    good work goddess

hmv can not and should not be allowed to get away with this.
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Got 2 tickets!! woohoo!!

strong words gently spoken in the right ears and I'm sorted!!

Cannot WAIT for this!!
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Got 2 tickets!! woohoo!!

strong words gently spoken in the right ears and I'm sorted!!

Cannot WAIT for this!!

congrats! how did you manage it?
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    This is bizarre! I just got home and opened firefox which still had the hmv ticket window open as a tab. Up popped window to buy two level 3 tickets. Clicked 2, put in cc details and all went through fine.
    Just received email confirming ticket sale:

2 tickets @ £40.00 + £4.00 Payment Processing Fee - Standard
    Level 3 Unreserved Seats

So HMV are still selling tickets at 9.20 PM on Friday. What is going on!?
  • Options
    Post that in the thread where people need tickets, there might be people in there who still have a basket with tickets in just in case!!!

I can't believe that has happened to you! So weird!
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    I got that link from HMV too :)
    happy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Hey thats crazy congrats, Are you able to share that link with us???????????????????????/ :?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    The link has run out of tickets as of this minute: No tickets available.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    No harm to keep checking it every once in a while during business hours though.
    Ticketwebs site too..a Pit member got lucky today there.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    congrats to all of u. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    goddess wrote:
    kristmace wrote:

Please could you keep this email? It might come in handy if we ever need to prove any of this to the relevant bodies :)

Don't worry! I won't be getting rid of it.

I have sent the below e-mail and am waiting for a response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for your reply.

However, I feel I need to point out that mcuh of the content is factually incorrect.

I am a member of a Pearl Jam Fan Forum and pesonally know of two people who had managed to secure tickets by 8:58am that day.

However, this is not the real issue and you have failed to address my main cause for complaint.

I will repeat this below:

I clicked on the link at 08:56 and to my delight, got straight through to the order page. I completed my details and the two tickets went into my Shopping Basket. I immediately clicked the checkout button to be told that the tickets had gone! (This was at 08:58, two minutes before the pre-sale was actually supposed to start!!)

I fail to see how this can be the case? (The tickets are still showing as being in my Shopping Basket but I am unable to actually purchase them)

To illustrate how ridiculous this situation is, let me give you a comparison.

I go to my local HMV Shop, place a CD in my shopping basket and head straight for the checkout where I am served immediately.
    On arrival at the checkout, the member of staff who is serving me says "Oh! I'm sorry sir, that person over there is going to have your CD, you didn't get here quick enough!"
    My reply would be "well, I walked directly from the display to the checkout"
    "That maybe the case sir but it just wasn't quick enough"

Can you see how ridiculous that scenario is??

You Terms and Conditions clearly state the following:

"Once you have clicked on 'Checkout >>' we reserve each of the items in your trolley for 10 minutes. During this time no one else is able to purchase your items. However, because of the high demand for many of our items, if you are unable to complete your order in the allotted 10 minutes, all items will be released for general sale and you will have start the booking process again."

I believe you have breached your own terms and conditions by not reserving the items that I successfully placed in my "Shopping Basket" and await your proposals as to how you intend to remedy this outrageous state of affairs.

The tickets are still shown as being in my HMV Tickets shopping basket even as I write this e-mail

So I pose the questions above to you again in the hope of receiving an answer to my particular query and not just a standard formatted response.

Kind Regards

John Hodge

So we will see what happens. Thinking of starting a "HMV Pre-sale F**k Up" Thread sepaprate to this one. What do people think?
  • Options
    This is bizarre! I just got home and opened firefox which still had the hmv ticket window open as a tab. Up popped window to buy two level 3 tickets. Clicked 2, put in cc details and all went through fine.
    Just received email confirming ticket sale:

2 tickets @ £40.00 + £4.00 Payment Processing Fee - Standard
    Level 3 Unreserved Seats

So HMV are still selling tickets at 9.20 PM on Friday. What is going on!?

Well done to you mate but I am so Pissed off now I can't tell you! As a result of me sending my e-mail to HMV. (See earlier post) My basket is now empty!!!! I've been clicking that checkout link about every half hour since Thrusday morning but was away all yesterday afternoon and evening so didn't get a chance.

This is all joust so f**ked up!!!
  • Options
    so02seeso02see Posts: 236
    I so feel your torment, Ive been through it myself (thinking of Astoria still brings an overwhelming sence of greif).

I say don't give, I doubt very much that your efforts will result in the 2 ticktes that someone at HVM forgot they had but I complained about buying Foos tickets via TM after having to buying their last CD on iTunes (I dont have an iplayer and wouldnt work with Creative beside I'd already got CD) just to get pre sale for Wembley show. I then paid an extra £5 for premium tickets on the promise that we would be about as close to the band as you can get. We were also promised that there wouldnt be a bad seat in the house. Truth was, after the F up about the central stage which ended up at one end, we were about as far from the stage as you could get and blinded through the whole show by stage lights to the point that we had to watch the crowd because staring towards the stage got painfull.

I've now got a promise of free tickets to the next UK FF show (if they ever come out of hiatus!!!)and a free DVD of the show.

So you never know, you might get front of the queue next time PJ are here, that would be cool.
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    I sent hmv a very similar email. They have constantly lied throughout and to try and placate us all via a standard generic email full of non truths is a shambles. It won't achieve anything now as the place is soldout but it sure makes me feel better. I too challenged every thing they said and do really look forward to the reply that is in fact already late
  • Options
    Lads! even now tickets seem to be popping up on HMVs site! a kid I know in Dublin got 2 this morning at 5am!! keep checking!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Maybe it's only working for the Irish?! :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Could be it!! my jamminess is contagious it seems :)
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    I don't get this, I just keep getting that its sold out!

Do you have your link that you could share mate?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    I don't get this, I just keep getting that its sold out!

Do you have your link that you could share mate?
    The link is still dead. I think the kids getting tix now are going through hmv.com, then into the tickets page, typing pearl jam and getting tix at random times.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    Alis Grave NilAlis Grave Nil Posts: 247
    edited July 2009
    Agreed - might be a good way to pool all our info in to one place? I said something similar on another thread I think (so many threads, very confusing) but wasn't sure if it would be acceptable to 10c??
    Post edited by Alis Grave Nil on