London Shepherds Bush Empire, Aug 11

145791012

Comments

  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,335
    Pegasus wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    LOL.... Mine too! I have written to HMV telling them that they have breached their own Terms & Conditions by not holding the tickets when they had been placed in the basket.

    Not too sure what you mean, the tix are held for 10 minutes, time to complete the transaction. If the transaction is not completed after that time (for any reason), the tix are released. Better than Ticketmaster or other where it's two or three minutes!

    Though mine timed out that way but I was surprised to find an e-mail confirming the purchase once I got home!
    tickets were NOT held for 10mn when in your basket.
    Twice I had them in my basket, went straight to checkout only to be told it failed when I put my postcode in (not timed out, it said it very quickly). They were still appearing in the basket after that but it was impossible to check them out. I never got to the point to enter my payment details.
    Now maybe they were held for 10 once you started the payment process, but having them in your basket meant zilch.

    OK.. I just saw the countdown on the top right of the screen. Will admit did not look at it when I put in the postcode. All I know is that I timed out after 10 minutes and I got the message that my tickets had been released.
  • redrock wrote:
    LOL.... Mine too! I have written to HMV telling them that they have breached their own Terms & Conditions by not holding the tickets when they had been placed in the basket.

    Not too sure what you mean, the tix are held for 10 minutes, time to complete the transaction. If the transaction is not completed after that time (for any reason), the tix are released. Better than Ticketmaster or other where it's two or three minutes!

    Though mine timed out that way but I was surprised to find an e-mail confirming the purchase once I got home!

    What I mean is they're not held when in the basket, only after you succesfully reach the checkout. Even though there was probably at the most 1 second between moving from basket to checkout!

    I think once you've got the rascals into your basket, that's when the ten minutes should start.

    Not that it matters one tiny toss what I think, I didn't get them and that's that!

    Still got the ballot. I got lucky with Ashes tickets in the Lords Ballot so, you never know, I could be on a lucky run!
  • I've had a response from the O2 Blueroom customer service team and they can confirm that the tickets definitely won't go on sale through their site before 9am on 23 July. I know that it's already listed on the site as going on sale on that date but i thought i'd check that a mistake hadn't been made with them being listed as priority tickets. It does state that priority tickets go on sale 48 hours in advance of general sales but not for this gig.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    wash_ wrote:
    What frustrates me more is the other musicians from the 'industry' getting free tickets and claiming they've been pearl jam fans for years 'ten got me through so much' (not that i'm thinking of a musician in particular *cough* kelly *cough* stereophonics) !!!
    I was working backstage at Latitude festival this weekend and had a chat about PJ and the astoria show with Ed Byrne. When I mentioned the Empire gig he got hella excited (first he had heard of it) and explained he got tickets for the astoria show because of industry contacts and would get in contact with them again for this show.

    How I envy those people! Although to be fair, Ed is a long time PJ fan and seems to have pretty much every PJ tshirt under the sun. Anyone in his position would do the same, sure beats sweating it out over ticket sales.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    fowls wrote:
    ... Although to be fair, Ed is a long time PJ fan and seems to have pretty much every PJ tshirt under the sun.

    Still doesn't take away from the fact that he's an utter twat :roll: :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

    SMELL YER MA!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,753
    chime wrote:
    This kind of thing happens with seetickets ... not exclusive to hmv. Where you get to say how many tickets you want, put in your address and c/c details and then it eventually tells you it couldn't complete your order.

    Seem to remember this went on for days with the Astoria tickets ... you could go through the whole order process to then be told to call there helpline as they couldn't process it :evil:
    which is why I long stopped using Seetickets (that and the fact they tried to keep services fees on a fictitious concert)
    At least with TM once it's in your basket you know you have them as long as you finish payment on time.
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 236
    Pegasus wrote:
    chime wrote:
    This kind of thing happens with seetickets ... not exclusive to hmv. Where you get to say how many tickets you want, put in your address and c/c details and then it eventually tells you it couldn't complete your order.

    Seem to remember this went on for days with the Astoria tickets ... you could go through the whole order process to then be told to call there helpline as they couldn't process it :evil:
    which is why I long stopped using Seetickets (that and the fact they tried to keep services fees on a fictitious concert)
    At least with TM once it's in your basket you know you have them as long as you finish payment on time.
    Dont bank on that, I recently bought tickets through TM after agreeing to buy particular seats in a specific block but when they came through they were much further back and no I didnt refresh or time out. I complained, they said tough!
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,335
    so02see wrote:
    Dont bank on that, I recently bought tickets through TM after agreeing to buy particular seats in a specific block but when they came through they were much further back and no I didnt refresh or time out. I complained, they said tough!

    so02see!!!! Got tix/trying for SB?
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 236
    Hi there, yes trying. You? I'll be alone so hope to meet up with some folk from last time around
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,335
    Got a couple. Plenty of people going/hoping to go... some familiar faces I am sure!
  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    kristmace wrote:
    YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

    WOOHOOO.

    They went up at 8.55 and I was done by 8.57. Confirmation email and everything. Thank you HMV :D

    Same as that! :D :D :D

    But my mates didn't get any, so just me and my lady are going if the 10C lottery doesn't go their way. There are three of us in the 10C lottery, so it may yet bear fruit...
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,753
    kristmace wrote:
    YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

    WOOHOOO.

    They went up at 8.55 and I was done by 8.57. Confirmation email and everything. Thank you HMV :D
    I was refreshing from 8.50 and never saw anything but 'not available' until 9.05 :evil:
    and then it never let me checkout.
    joke of a site..I'm never using it for tickets again that's for sure!
  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    Jolly wrote:
    the whole show should have been ten club only!

    Even though I got tickets, I completely agree...
  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    jasper wrote:
    So let me get this straight, did anybody get tickets via hmv or have we all been robbed? I can't understand how they can sell out before 9? Surely that breaks some sort of ticketing law, telling people its at 9 then selling them earlier?

    I got a pair and I suspect that a lot of touts did too.
  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    ilockyer wrote:
    The o2 site says priority tickets coming soon. It did exactly the same with the Pixies Brixton shows. There was no pre-sale. Just because it's an o2 venue doesn't guarantee they get a pre-sale for their customers.

    There is...

    http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region ... ent=336782
  • MLML Posts: 62
    That's the general sale link I think. The listing seems to have disappeared off the Blueroom site but it could come back, it's worth continuing to check.
    1992 - London ULU
    1993 - London Finsbury Park - Brixton Academy x2
    1995 - Reading Festival (with Neil Young)
    1996 - London Wembley Arena x2
    2000 - London Wembley Arena
    2006 - Later With Jools Holland - Reading Festival
    2007 - London Wembley Arena
    2009 - London Shepherd's Bush Empire - O2 Arena
    2010 - London Hyde Park
    2012 - London Hammersmith Apollo x2 (EV solo)


  • so02seeso02see Posts: 236
    redrock wrote:
    Got a couple. Plenty of people going/hoping to go... some familiar faces I am sure!
    Well done, so got lucky with HMV then? I realy hope 10c are kind to me after the torment of missing out on Astoria despite my best efforts.
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    ML wrote:
    That's the general sale link I think. The listing seems to have disappeared off the Blueroom site but it could come back, it's worth continuing to check.

    No, that is not the general sale - that is the link o2 sent out with the email regarding their presale.

    o2 use Ticketweb for their presales.
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 651
    Olivavu wrote:
    ML wrote:
    That's the general sale link I think. The listing seems to have disappeared off the Blueroom site but it could come back, it's worth continuing to check.

    No, that is not the general sale - that is the link o2 sent out with the email regarding their presale.

    o2 use Ticketweb for their presales.

    Jesus christ I thought there wasn't an o2 presale?? What's going on? Does anyone know what the definite status is with this whole o2 thing?
  • MLML Posts: 62
    Olivavu wrote:
    ML wrote:
    That's the general sale link I think. The listing seems to have disappeared off the Blueroom site but it could come back, it's worth continuing to check.

    No, that is not the general sale - that is the link o2 sent out with the email regarding their presale.

    o2 use Ticketweb for their presales.

    Okay, sorry. It's just I'm on O2 and I never received an email, and it's now on longer on the Blueroom site.
    But O2 don't always use Ticketweb for their presales, sometimes they use Ticketmaster too.
    The link isn't working for me at the moment (too many people have clicked it I think). Did you get tickets through that?
    1992 - London ULU
    1993 - London Finsbury Park - Brixton Academy x2
    1995 - Reading Festival (with Neil Young)
    1996 - London Wembley Arena x2
    2000 - London Wembley Arena
    2006 - Later With Jools Holland - Reading Festival
    2007 - London Wembley Arena
    2009 - London Shepherd's Bush Empire - O2 Arena
    2010 - London Hyde Park
    2012 - London Hammersmith Apollo x2 (EV solo)


  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    No, I got mine through HMV's presale at 8:55am today.

    That Ticketweb link is definitely for the o2 presale, my girlfriend got it emailed to her this morning.

    It opens at 9am on Thursday, but as with this morning I would try a few minutes beforehand.
  • MLML Posts: 62
    Cool, thanks. I got tickets through the HMV pre-sale too.
    I was just puzzled why that the gig had suddenly disappeared from the O2's website. I know a lot of people were confused too, so it's good to know it's still going ahead.
    1992 - London ULU
    1993 - London Finsbury Park - Brixton Academy x2
    1995 - Reading Festival (with Neil Young)
    1996 - London Wembley Arena x2
    2000 - London Wembley Arena
    2006 - Later With Jools Holland - Reading Festival
    2007 - London Wembley Arena
    2009 - London Shepherd's Bush Empire - O2 Arena
    2010 - London Hyde Park
    2012 - London Hammersmith Apollo x2 (EV solo)


  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 651
    Olivavu wrote:
    No, I got mine through HMV's presale at 8:55am today.

    That Ticketweb link is definitely for the o2 presale, my girlfriend got it emailed to her this morning.

    It opens at 9am on Thursday, but as with this morning I would try a few minutes beforehand.

    Right ok, that's not a presale as it's going live at the same as general sale, that's the o2 "priority" tickets for o2 customers only.
  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    JimNastics wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:
    No, I got mine through HMV's presale at 8:55am today.

    That Ticketweb link is definitely for the o2 presale, my girlfriend got it emailed to her this morning.

    It opens at 9am on Thursday, but as with this morning I would try a few minutes beforehand.

    Right ok, that's not a presale as it's going live at the same as general sale, that's the o2 "priority" tickets for o2 customers only.

    You don't need to be an o2 customer to use it. You can order whether you're on Vodafone, Orange, o2 or the moon!! :ugeek:

    Just trying to help...
  • DecZepDecZep Posts: 4
    redrock wrote:
    LOL.... Mine too! I have written to HMV telling them that they have breached their own Terms & Conditions by not holding the tickets when they had been placed in the basket.

    Not too sure what you mean, the tix are held for 10 minutes, time to complete the transaction. If the transaction is not completed after that time (for any reason), the tix are released. Better than Ticketmaster or other where it's two or three minutes!

    Though mine timed out that way but I was surprised to find an e-mail confirming the purchase once I got home!

    What I mean is they're not held when in the basket, only after you succesfully reach the checkout. Even though there was probably at the most 1 second between moving from basket to checkout!

    I think once you've got the rascals into your basket, that's when the ten minutes should start.

    Not that it matters one tiny toss what I think, I didn't get them and that's that!

    Still got the ballot. I got lucky with Ashes tickets in the Lords Ballot so, you never know, I could be on a lucky run!


    Hi Ed!
  • tenbobtenbob Posts: 66
    No not yet. DOH!
  • OlivavuOlivavu EnglandPosts: 1,618
    No, still not heard anything.

    The blurb made it sound like they'd be coming a lot sooner...
    The Ten Club ticket pre-sale will start at 5pm UK local time (9am Pacific) on July 20th and end promptly at 8pm UK local time (12pm Pacific) on July 21st. You must be active as of July 15th, 2009 and your Ten Club address must reside in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) or Ireland to qualify.

    Ten Club tickets will be sold as a lottery purchase. You will make your ticket order, but this DOES NOT guarantee you will have tickets to the show. Your credit card will be authorized for the ticket order, but funds will not be collected unless your order is selected. To avoid having immediate funds withheld, we suggest NOT using a debit card for the ticket purchase.

    If your ticket order has been selected, your credit card will be charged. Once the pre-sale has ended, a computer-generated random selection process will choose the winning ticket orders and finalize the ticket purchase. You will be notified by email confirmation letting you know whether or not your ticket order was been selected. Confirmations will be sent shortly after the pre-sale has ended.
  • check your order history if the order has gone you may well have lucked out,...
Sign In or Register to comment.