London Shepherds Bush Empire, Aug 11

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    pl07jam wrote:
    Jolly wrote:
    This is soooo annoying. All of real fans struggle to get tickets and I bet there'll be loads on ebay soon for big £££. Last european tour I sold my spare tickets to the turin and prague gigs to tne club members for face value even though they were going for 3 times that on ebay. Right im off to burn my local hmv...

Ten Club need to take note of this and stop using big ass fuckers to con there fans into buying stuff off them :evil:

I agree. Shabby treatment of us for sure.
    Ten Club......take note. You will be hearing from me. :evil:
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • JollyJolly Posts: 100
    im not even sure why i pay ten club membership fess year on year...i thought the whole point was to be able to get into shows like this and not need to give £400 to an ebay tout. :evil:
    the whole show should have been ten club only!
    Jolly wrote:
    im not even sure why i pay ten club membership fess year on year...i thought the whole point was to be able to get into shows like this and not need to give £400 to an ebay tout. :evil:

It's a serious fucking issue, I mean what is the point of the club and gigs like this, if we can't get a fucking ticket ?
    Who get's 'em ?
    Let's lobby the ten club enquiries email, see what they have to say on the issue. It's extremely unfair. I'm about as pissed off right now as I've been for some time :evil:

Eddie, you better do something about this, or I'm gonna kick you in the balls mate !!! :twisted: :mrgreen:
    its stupid - if i sold my O2 and Manchester tickets on ebay now and ripped someone off then I could probably affrord to get myself some £400 shep bush tickets off ebay...not that im gonna do that but its all just fucked up. Real fans lose, touts win. go figure.
  • jasperjasper Posts: 2
    So let me get this straight, did anybody get tickets via hmv or have we all been robbed? I can't understand how they can sell out before 9? Surely that breaks some sort of ticketing law, telling people its at 9 then selling them earlier?
  • InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    Shocking, come on Ten Club, let us be lucky in your lottery!

Just cancelled my order with HMV, took 2 seconds and had it confirmed by email about 3 minutes later. There is no way they are getting any money from me.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • DM245926DM245926 Posts: 11
    What a farce, never got the email link after buying the album from HMV, rang them at 9am, lots of people in the same boat. Might cancel my pre-order with them and buy it from Amazon!
  • InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    pl07jam wrote:
    Jolly wrote:
    This is soooo annoying. All of real fans struggle to get tickets and I bet there'll be loads on ebay soon for big £££. Last european tour I sold my spare tickets to the turin and prague gigs to tne club members for face value even though they were going for 3 times that on ebay. Right im off to burn my local hmv...

Ten Club need to take note of this and stop using big ass fuckers to con there fans into buying stuff off them :evil:
    Scotty, is that you using my Avatar?

Quality photo taken by me, Lisbon 1, 2006, cracking gig.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Fuckin UpFuckin Up Posts: 15
    I never got the link either. Had HMV tell me at 9:05am "I can only apologise that you never got the email but tickets have already sold out anyway". Just cancelled my order and preying for 10c tickets!
  • DM245926DM245926 Posts: 11
    Cancelled the HMV order, gonna follow another 10cc member and buy Backspacer from Jumbo in Leeds (or Crash, they are cheaper!). Doubt I'll win the lottery (positive thinking), am never doing a pre sale again.

Congrats to all the lucky people going to the gig!
  • everybody seems to have had the same problem with the HMV link. Here's hoping that were lucky with the 10c lottery. One thing i'm wondering about now is the O2 presale. If tickets go on general sale on Thursday, then their presale should be available now as they should be available 48 hours in advance, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've sent them an email about this so i'll post any news when i get it.
    JC289726 wrote:
    everybody seems to have had the same problem with the HMV link. Here's hoping that were lucky with the 10c lottery. One thing i'm wondering about now is the O2 presale. If tickets go on general sale on Thursday, then their presale should be available now as they should be available 48 hours in advance, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've sent them an email about this so i'll post any news when i get it.

So I guess the O2 presale requires you to have an O2 phone contract, yes ?

Let us know where it is please :|

Fuck HMV !
    I'm cancelling my order shortly :evil:
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I don't understand how you can blame 10C for you not getting tickets via HMV.
    I said I wasn't even trying for tickets but caved at the last min but no luck, not gonna start bitchin' about 10C though.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    DM245926 wrote:
    Cancelled the HMV order, gonna follow another 10cc member and buy Backspacer from Jumbo in Leeds (or Crash, they are cheaper!). Doubt I'll win the lottery (positive thinking), am never doing a pre sale again.

Congrats to all the lucky people going to the gig!

Yup, I shall be going to either Jumbo or Crash (that was my plan anyway), after I've cancelled my order with HMV.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,224
    The o2 site says priority tickets coming soon. It did exactly the same with the Pixies Brixton shows. There was no pre-sale. Just because it's an o2 venue doesn't guarantee they get a pre-sale for their customers.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Ookay, just spoke with a sales advisor. There was a problem or two, they acknowledge, and apologised that tickets are now all sold out !
    There will be more available in the general sale on Thurday, apparently, tho fuck knows what that will be like if the this mornings debacle is anything to go by.

Okay, just off to cancel my cd order. :cry::cry::cry:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I said I wasn't even trying for tickets but caved at the last min but no luck, not gonna start bitchin' about 10C though.

People are quite angry and are looking to blame anyone and everyone for it, I guess.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • You'll need an O2 sim card. Once you have this and it's active, just do a search for O2 blueroom and enter your mobile number to register. It's easiest to find the gig listing if you click on the academy venues section and select Shepherd's Bush.

All the point people are making is this.
    Pearl Jam decide to play a special show, shouldn't it be for the benefit of loyal 10c members ? And not let them hang out to dry at the mercy of illegal ticket touts, because they've signed up to some fuck awful corporate agreement with HMV, to try get us all to buy the album early ??

The 10C is not a separate entity, it is us, me and you and all the other members.
    We are bitching at the band really I suppose, maybe they don't realise quite what happens on this side of it, but what's gone on here this morning sure doesn't seem right and proper to me.

:evil:
    Okay, HMV can kiss my arse, order cancelled !
    Let's hope the fuckers go down the chute the same way as Zavvi :twisted:
  • ilockyer wrote:
    The o2 site says priority tickets coming soon. It did exactly the same with the Pixies Brixton shows. There was no pre-sale. Just because it's an o2 venue doesn't guarantee they get a pre-sale for their customers.

from the Blueroom website:

O2 Shepherds Bush Empire
    If you’re on O2 you can get Priority Tickets up to 48 hours before general release to events at O2 Shepherds Bush Empire. Check out this page for the full list. And when you get to the venue, there’ll be more perks for you
  • ilockyer wrote:

O2 Blue room now says priority tickets available 23rd July at 9am. Not sure how that is priority as that is when general sale starts. Also, that O2 Blue Room site is dead tricky to work out. Can't ever seem to register blah blah. I think it will just have to be fingers crossed for the lottery. Very frustrating to see those two tickets still sat in my HMV Shopping Basket as if to taunt me.
    Ookay, just spoke with a sales advisor. There was a problem or two, they acknowledge, and apologised that tickets are now all sold out !
    There will be more available in the general sale on Thurday, apparently, tho fuck knows what that will be like if the this mornings debacle is anything to go by.

If they are acknowledging they f***ed up then they should release more of the general sale tickets to advanced purchasers. God! It used to be so much easier (and more fun) when we used to queue up outside venues all night!
    This gets better.
    In order to get into the show, first I had to pre-order a record 9 weeks in advance from a large international retailer. They didn't come up with the goods, so now I can try again if I have a certain type of mobile phone !! :|

I can't believe the dudes in the band would be okay with this bull shit, they can't know about it, please tell me they don't know about this whoreing of the band !! :(

:|
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jamie uk wrote:
    Okay, HMV can kiss my arse, order cancelled !
    Let's hope the fuckers go down the chute the same way as Zavvi :twisted:

yeah i cancelled mine as well... out of solidarity!!! :lol: :twisted:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • 1) Priority Tickets from 02 are available on the 23rd - day of general sale (whack!) - on the flip side - tickets will be available from Ticketweb who IMO are a great site for tickets. Trouble is, the volume of people trying to get tickets will probably kill any website (bit like HMV - worldwide sales)

2) All this anger aimed at HMV - yes they fucked up but they've admitted it and that's it - DONE/FINISHED! Shouldn't have happened, but it did.

3) There are 3 stages of getting tickets for this, the HMV thing was part 2. All this anger on here, even before the lottery results have been announced...CHILL OUT! Get angry at 9.30 on Thurs!

4) If you had to - what would you pay on ebay to get to this. I fucking despise touts but for this, i'd pay £200 which looks like it's going to have to be the price to pay if i dont get very very lucky!
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006,Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009, Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009, GM Place - Sep 25, 2009, Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010, Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010, Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010,
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jamie uk wrote:
    This gets better.
    In order to get into the show, first I had to pre-order a record 9 weeks in advance from a large international retailer. They didn't come up with the goods, so now I can try again if I have a certain type of mobile phone !! :|

I can't believe the dudes in the band would be okay with this bull shit, they can't know about it, please tell me they don't know about this whoreing of the band !! :(

did you know that when we enter the o2 arena that if we are wearing a Tony the Tiger... from the Frosties adverts... outfit you get backstage and have a baby shark stuffed up yer bum by roadies.... allegedly ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    jamie uk wrote:
    This gets better.

did you know that when we enter the o2 arena that if we are wearing a Tony the Tiger... from the Frosties adverts... outfit you get backstage and have a baby shark stuffed up yer bum by roadies.... allegedly ;)

I'm up for that :mrgreen:
    What do we get if we stand outside the arena handing out Mcdonalds and Starbucks flyers.
    I can see Eddie's face on the front of it now.......'Eddie Vedder says " I drink Starbucks coffee, and I, I I....I'm still alive "
    :mrgreen:
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    The HMV thing sucks, but there's no point in getting upset about it. It's a small gig, not everyone's gonna get tickets. All we can do is keep going and hope it all works out. There'll undoubtedly be 100s of annoyed people at the end of it, that's just how small gigs are.

Now to decide whether to try for tickets through O2 or TM. :x
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    jamie uk wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    jamie uk wrote:
    This gets better.

I'm up for that :mrgreen:
    What do we get if we stand outside the arena handing out Mcdonalds and Starbucks flyers.
    I can see Eddie's face on the front of it now.......'Eddie Vedder says " I drink Starbucks coffee, and I, I I....I'm still alive "
    :mrgreen:

:lol:

That would be hilarious!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."