~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Lizard wrote:
    my 16 year old cat is now blind from glaucoma. All of a sudden his pupils were always dilated!!! so sad---but he does OK for himself.

:( :( :(
    i'm so sorry for your kitty....glad he does alright tho. amazing how adapatable we all can be when we have to be. hope otherwise he is healthy and happy.

suki has been on thyroid meds for years now, vet has said it is simply a VERY common issue for older cats. we have to pulverize her pills and sprinkle it on her mush food, b/c just about every other method, old kitty or not, she devised ways not to consume it. ;) with this newer method tho, no problems...and she seems far more bright-eyed and happy!

we did just take her back to the vet for a check-up b/c she needed a new prescription, thus needed to be tested....and her one eye has been really watery/red. ends up she has feline pink eye! not contagious to anyone else, and must get drops, two in each eye, twice a day. in her younger years, that would've been ultimately impossible to pull off! :twisted: however, now that she is so old, can give her drops, bathe her, whatever. she is so frail and when the dogs walk around her she seems to sway in their breeze... :?

i still can't believe she is going to be 20 this september! :shock:
    she looks awesome, vet said she is in fantastic shape. about the only real negative is her fur. it's quite yuck. no longer soft and lusterous, it's very matty/dull and looks/feels so dirty so quickly. i actually have to bather her once a month just so she doesn't look nasty.....poor kitty.... :| otherwise, she has a damn fine happy life it seems.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Wow 20!!! this is a good long life. It is hard to give medication to cats!! My cat, Bob is getting frail. He does bump into things but he has little route. I do need to watch him better tho---twice this weekend he wandered out of the garage across the street he was so mixed up!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Wow 20!!! this is a good long life. It is hard to give medication to cats!! My cat, Bob is getting frail. He does bump into things but he has little route. I do need to watch him better tho---twice this weekend he wandered out of the garage across the street he was so mixed up!!

:shock:
    ack!
    poor kitty!

suki is an indoor cat. after my childhood kitty, chuck, got cancer at a young age, and all our other kitties disappeared/hit by cars :(......our vet had always recommended keeping them indoors. she has a totally happy/pampered life. she does venture outside onto our back porch sometimes. i even planted fresh catnip for her, keep the pot on the porch, tho she's yet to really be intrigued. however, she doesn't stay out long - our yard is entirey fenced too and igby likes to 'corral' her back in the house! :P

it IS amazing....and yes, definitely frail....but seriously, it's like she's over 100! :o
    i hope bob does well!
    you need to post his pic.
    :mrgreen:

edit - i can't imagine suki going blind. yikes. we have her kitty box in the basement, and the stairs are rather open between each, plus a little kitty door to even get down there. i am already awaiting the day when she can no longer push open the kitty door, and/or navigate the steps. :( it'll be sad, and also a bit yuck. b/c she is not very good with her litter box anymore either, so i cannot imagine having it upstairs in our main living space. :? yeesh. but so far, she is managing really well, can only hope to age as well as she does!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Lizard wrote:
    a test...This is BOB.MISC002.jpg
    :P
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    lol, doesn't look too worried about his age ;)
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i present mr. boz

boz002.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol:
    he looks bad-ass!
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

haha....AWESOME kitty! 8-)

megatron, i LOVE when kitties/doggies sit like that, hysterical... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    THE KITTY THREAD?!?! I'm in love already!!! I LOVE KITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    How did I miss this thread before!!!

Here's a little kitty karma story for you all. Last month Boris, the best cat I ever had, died. He was 13, and was a sweetheart. Last Monday, there was a baby bird in my house. I don't know how it got in, but I finally got it out by opening a door, and waiting for it to realize the door was open. It eventually hopped out the door (instead of flying -- strange), but it paused on the threshold and looked around before it left. The next day, I'm at work, and we all start hearing mewing coming from the wall in one of the offices. Long story short -- we call the fire department, and they cut the wall open and take out a kitten. He's at the Humane Society now, waiting to see if his owners claim him (I also put an ad in the local newspaper, and signs up in the apartment building next to our office). The Humane Society said that he's five weeks old (they can tell by his teeth). If the owner doesn't claim him, then we're taking him. I have a 14 year old cat (the last one left out of the four cats that I had at the same time), and I don't want to traumatize her with a new kitten, so my daughter (my Pearl Jam buddy) is going to take him. We definitely think this was a message from our beloved Boris!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
    megatron, i LOVE when kitties/doggies sit like that, hysterical... :mrgreen:[/quote]

he doesn't think its funny..he commands respect 8-):)
  • SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    here are pics of mt cat toastie, she was found in a skip, some evil bastard had literally thrown her out, after she had recovered from her wounds and was able to be around people again we adopted her! she is now 8 years old and acts like a VERY energetic kitten! i love her though!

002-4.jpg

015-2.jpg

008-4.jpg
  • OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    my boys, Bunk on the left & Omar on the right. they're posing for the picture but are normally not this well behaved

KITTENS.jpg
    SarahLou wrote:
    002-4.jpg

toastie is one GORGEOUS cat! 8-)

my boys, Bunk on the left & Omar on the right. they're posing for the picture but are normally not this well behaved

KITTENS.jpg

what a GREAT pic! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Getting ready to attack!

P8290099.jpg
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    rubikscat.jpg
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    MEGATRON wrote:
    i present mr. boz

boz002.jpg

Hahahaha!!! Does he sit like that often? He needs to have a beer next to him.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Here's 5 of my guys:
    Kittyconvention.jpg

It was a cold day outside and that bed is by the wall heater.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    Here's 5 of my guys:
    Kittyconvention.jpg

Hahahaha, they sure like being warm!

It'll be 100 degrees in the shade here, and my cat will be laying in the sun....and she's black!

Crazy cats! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    Getting ready to attack!

P8290099.jpg
    I love it when cats do that!!!
    JaneNY wrote:
    Here's 5 of my guys:
    Kittyconvention.jpg

Funny pic. So when you say "5 of my guys", does that mean you have even MORE ???!!!!

This is my other cat....a stray we took in.
    Lucy46-10-06-1.jpg

and this is her sleeping on her face. ON her face!!!
    Lucysleepingonherface.jpg
    :D
    Lizard wrote:

Now THAT is hilarious! :D
  • Lizard wrote:

:lol: Brilliant!!

Well my cat Sykes had a little adventure last night... he got chased to the top of next doors shed by their English Bulldog, Cosmo.

I went out to see what the fuss was and he was all puffed up on top of the shed, hissing a spitting with the dog circling beneath... he took one look at me and went "Mioooooooooow!!!" with a sheer look of desperation on his face. I thought on my feet and tempted Cosmo with a big wad of ham from my fridge and Sykes made his quick getaway... He bolted into the house unharmed, panting like he'd out run a freight train :lol:

Silly little bugger... he shouldn't have been sauntering round like he owned next door's garden :roll:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    MEGATRON wrote:
    i present mr. boz

boz002.jpg

Hahahaha!!! Does he sit like that often? He needs to have a beer next to him.
    yea he just sits there and cleans himself when im on the computer.
    i'll get him a beer next time 8-)
    :D[/quote]

thats too good
  • SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    MEGATRON wrote:

this os one of the funniest things i've seen all year!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    My cat just chewed through my speaker wire. :twisted:

Ah well, here's a pic:

4404_1142423166951_1418623422_366579_1072233_n.jpg
  • WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    wolfbear wrote:
    yukon2.jpg
    This is my Yukon taken by gue_barium at my house. :)

Wow :shock:

Just... wow :shock:

That kitty is absolutely stunning!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

What a beautiful cat
  • WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    cats are the best. I sure miss mine. I had a female siamese mix and she was smarter than any dog i ever had for sure .Had her for 14 (Human) years. She died a few years ago from a bladder infection,she was amazing you could rub her stomach for ever and she would never even flinch.Most cats or at least the other ones I had would bite the shit out of you if you tried that.

Sometimes she would just start licking my ear lobe's or any one else that gave her attention,Damn I sure miss that cat :( :(
  • prfctlefts wrote:
    cats are the best. I sure miss mine. I had a female siamese mix and she was smarter than any dog i ever had for sure .Had her for 14 (Human) years. She died a few years ago from a bladder infection,she was amazing you could rub her stomach for ever and she would never even flinch.Most cats or at least the other ones I had would bite the shit out of you if you tried that.

Sometimes she would just start licking my ear lobe's or any one else that gave her attention,Damn I sure miss that cat :( :(
    I'm sorry. The loss of cats effect us for years and I don't personally think we ever get over it :(

Mine have taken to sleeping on a blanket my Mum knitted for them... who'd have thunk it, a cat actually sleeping on something you give them to sleep on?! :shock:

:mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    my boys :D

Stu
    0714090946.jpg
    Photo338.jpg
    Tig
    Photo121-1-1.jpg
    Photo320-1.jpg