Options

You all feel less like family....

12346»

Comments

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Sad is an incredible song....and the version of Down on the single is better than the Lost Dogs version...I really like the more intense wah solo in the single version..

Damn you for saying that... now I want to track down the single version to compare. I'm not sure I've ever heard it. I kinda wish they hadn't changed up versions for Lost Dogs... I liked the original Dirty Frank and U just fine!

I am curious about this as well. I might have heard it before but this post makes me want to go out there and look for it again.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    acutejam and soulsinging: maan I like you guys both. Most of the time, what soulsinging posts aligns with what I think in that particular subject, whatever it may be. And acutejam is one of my partners in crime. What kind of crime, I won't discuss here :D but man, you guys should put down the pipe and get some fresh air! Pearl Jam without Vedder? Come on now be realistic! I mean Jeff and Stone and our own guitar god McCready could just do a jam band side project or whatever but there ain't no Pearl Jam without the VOICE, the PERSONA that we know! You know?
    Also acutejam, my dear friend, we are and always will be this band's target audience! I don't ever wanna hear yyou talk about being old again :)

I appreciate the kind words, and you're right. I don't think it'd be Pearl Jam without Vedder. But I also think I'd rather see the band part ways and do their own interesting projects than carry on like the Rolling Stones, cranking out boring albums for years.

It's funny you brought up the "Rolling Stones" angle. I was actually thinking about that while I was reading the whole bitching fest about the ticket prices. While I can see the similarities, I don't think any Pearl Jam album will ever be boring from song A to song Z. I think they would break up before that actually happens.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Yes lets all campaign for Ed to leave PJ :roll:
    Possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read :o
    I somewhat agree with your opinion on their diverging styles, but it is utterly absurd to suggest that Ed should replaced by anyone else :!: I seriously don't think you meant it :? ;)

Back to the important issue here - the man onesie / mansie

This should be done. I won't be there but just to see photos, video or to hear about a guy being pulled up on stage because someone in the band spotted his man onesie with 'i got shit' on the backside.

Someone DO IT :D:lol:
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    LongRoad wrote:
    Back to the important issue here - the man onesie / mansie

This should be done. I won't be there but just to see photos, video or to hear about a guy being pulled up on stage because someone in the band spotted his man onesie with 'i got shit' on the backside.

Someone DO IT :D:lol:

See, the more we talk this out, the more things we all find we agree about!

DO IT!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    acutejam and soulsinging: maan I like you guys both. Most of the time, what soulsinging posts aligns with what I think in that particular subject, whatever it may be. And acutejam is one of my partners in crime. What kind of crime, I won't discuss here :D but man, you guys should put down the pipe and get some fresh air! Pearl Jam without Vedder? Come on now be realistic! I mean Jeff and Stone and our own guitar god McCready could just do a jam band side project or whatever but there ain't no Pearl Jam without the VOICE, the PERSONA that we know! You know?
    Also acutejam, my dear friend, we are and always will be this band's target audience! I don't ever wanna hear yyou talk about being old again :)

I appreciate the kind words, and you're right. I don't think it'd be Pearl Jam without Vedder. But I also think I'd rather see the band part ways and do their own interesting projects than carry on like the Rolling Stones, cranking out boring albums for years.

It's funny you brought up the "Rolling Stones" angle. I was actually thinking about that while I was reading the whole bitching fest about the ticket prices. While I can see the similarities, I don't think any Pearl Jam album will ever be boring from song A to song Z. I think they would break up before that actually happens.

I think Riot Act was boring from A to Z. All or None is a good song, but there's not a single other track on there I'd ever care to hear again.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    :lol::lol:

I've done some research

https://www.bigbabyfun.com/shop/

I don't know WTF is the story with this site, but the header and photos are hilarious.
    More importantly, they sell adult sized onesies.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    LongRoad wrote:

I've done some research

I don't know WTF is the story with this site, but the header and photos are hilarious.
    good work long road..im looking into customization right after i post this
    i also have my ex working on a tall tee onesie/mansie i got shit conversion..lots of buzz with this one
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,216
    For a bunch of people who seem to be interested in harmony and community, I've read five pages of nothing but resentment. It's kinda like when I heard a guy today complaining about "$12 coffees at Starbucks." We develop an antagonist in our head then project our hate onto them. Time to look inward, kids.
  • Options

I think Riot Act was boring from A to Z. All or None is a good song, but there's not a single other track on there I'd ever care to hear again.

I used think exactly the same way. Then I somehow decided to give it a chance. I played it from song A to song Z one night without interruption. And I now see Riot Act under a different light :)

Of course nothing ever will catch up to the haunting beauty of VITALOGY although I think NO CODE is pretty close :)

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sad is an incredible song....and the version of Down on the single is better than the Lost Dogs version...I really like the more intense wah solo in the single version..

Damn you for saying that... now I want to track down the single version to compare. I'm not sure I've ever heard it. I kinda wish they hadn't changed up versions for Lost Dogs... I liked the original Dirty Frank and U just fine!

Yeah, as a guitar player, the guitar parts are a big part of my listening pleasure....hence the Get Right and Green Disease liking....play those tracks on your geetar people, they are fun to jam along with...really nice solo on Get Right.

And, by the way, the originally released (import) version of U is still the best...so I agree with ya on that one, to be sure...an, for the record, they could've left Evil Little Goat off the REDUX altogether...it's the same version that everyone already has... ;)
    Post edited by Snoopy Died For Our Sins on
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    And, on another note, the REDUX version of SOLAT should inspire all the garage bands out there...it sounds so rough...which is a good thing....I think a lot of younger musicians think that bands actually sound like their records when they are playing live....that is assuming they haven't seen them or listened to their boots...I used to have straight out of the fucking boom box Guns N Roses practice tapes that were pretty fucking dreadful, so it just shows if ya practice your brains out and get signed and get a good engineer, they sky's the limit!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    And, on another note, the REDUX version of SOLAT should inspire all the garage bands out there...it sounds so rough...which is a good thing....I think a lot of younger musicians think that bands actually sound like their records when they are playing live....that is assuming they haven't seen them or listened to their boots...I used to have straight out of the fucking boom box Guns N Roses practice tapes that were pretty fucking dreadful, so it just shows if ya practice your brains out and get signed and get a good engineer, they sky's the limit!
    first of seen of someone writing about the redux SOLAT..so sick. sounds like your sittin there jammin right next to 'em..love it
  • Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    LongRoad wrote:

I've done some research

Holy crap!! :shock:
    Yeah, as a guitar player, the guitar parts are a big part of my listening pleasure....hence the Get Right and Green Disease liking....play those tracks on your geetar people, they are fun to jam along with...really nice solo on Get Right.

I'm with you on that one! I really fell in love with Green Disease because of that amazing singlenote part Mike plays in the verse...
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

And, by the way, the originally released (import) version of U is still the best...so I agree with ya on that one, to be sure...an, for the record, they could've left Evil Little Goat off the REDUX altogether...it's the same version that everyone already has... ;)

I suppose I can see that, but I'm not a guitar player. Oddly, my favorite part of music is a good guitar jam, but those two songs don't cut it for me. Perhaps they're fun for playing along, but they sound kinda generic. Now that crazy sound they had going on WWS goign into that grungy riff... that's fun listening!

I used to be a collector, but I got tired of having a ton of cd's lying around with only 1 song I wanted on them (the bside) so I ended up ditching them. So I don't already have that version of goat ;) I also don't have the original U, dirty Frank, Alone, SoLaT (the version on the greatest hits is so bad) etc... the versions I fell in love with. I'd have liked Lost Dogs to have those versions and I'm ok with ten redux having the Goat I remember (though I don't know why it cuts off early). I've never much cared for alternate takes/versions of songs.
  • Options
    I think Pearl Jam is great music to listen to all across the board and I genuinely like almost all the elements of every album and the only song I can't get into at all is friggin' parachutesEd maybe could've kept that one to himself, since it's so damn hokey....the guitar playing (Mike's specifically) is very challenging, in my opinion...not the standard drop D one finger rock garbage guitar that is so prominant in today's 'rock' music...and, yes, I know that there are a few alternately tuned PJ tunes, but most of it's in standard, which I feel requires a bit more skill to play...in my opinion, a lot of alternate tunings are used to make playing easier...I mean hell, without drop D Dave Grohl couldn't ape around in his dopey headbanging style.... :lol:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    really? that's what cool about this band---one fan's trash is another's treasure. i love parachutes. for me, parachutes, marker & inside job stood out from the first listen. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    really? that's what cool about this band---one fan's trash is another's treasure. i love parachutes. for me, parachutes, marker & inside job stood out from the first listen. 8-)

And that's why music is so great...it moves a lot of people in a lot of different ways....that's why I don't get the 'Riot Act sucks' posts and the like...
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    mfc2006 wrote:

And that's why music is so great...it moves a lot of people in a lot of different ways....that's why I don't get the 'Riot Act sucks' posts and the like...

i agree with the riot act shit. parachutes to is not destined to be a classic, but a decent song all the same
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I think Pearl Jam is great music to listen to all across the board and I genuinely like almost all the elements of every album and the only song I can't get into at all is friggin' parachutesEd maybe could've kept that one to himself, since it's so damn hokey....the guitar playing (Mike's specifically) is very challenging, in my opinion...not the standard drop D one finger rock garbage guitar that is so prominant in today's 'rock' music...and, yes, I know that there are a few alternately tuned PJ tunes, but most of it's in standard, which I feel requires a bit more skill to play...in my opinion, a lot of alternate tunings are used to make playing easier...I mean hell, without drop D Dave Grohl couldn't ape around in his dopey headbanging style.... :lol:

I share your dislike for Parachutes....that song is weak.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this thread just mirrors society in general ... gone are the days when everyone doing well was the goal rather it's all about me, myself and i in all aspects ... there are a lot of great people associated with this band on here - look at what the wishlist foundation continue to do ... having said that - you can't pick and choose what kind of people follow/like the band ...

edit: oh and i think for the most part the band itself and all members have stayed true to themselves and that is something special ...