Options

You all feel less like family....

Comments

• Options
    surforia wrote:
    Take a look at how many people walk around wearing PJ t-shirts to a PJ show, for example...

Call me a 'dork' and all but what the fuck is wrong with that? :|
    Right Sian????

Sounds like you may be a BIG part of the problem dude...

It's DUDETTE to you.

No, the problem is people caring too much about what others think and caring too much about how fucking cool thay think they are in the tenclub stakes. I don't give a shit what people think about me, I'm there for the music and not to be seen. Part of having a good time at the shows for me is wearing my customised PJ shirts and having other PJ fans chat to me cuz it's instantly recognisable. I'm in my twenties and not in school anymore, I won't be made to feel like i'm not part of the cool crowd cuz I wear a bands shirt to their show.

As I said earlier, I've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs - everything from Alanis Morissette to Pig Destroyer, and 90% of the time I wear the bands shirt, no one has had a problem apart from select Pearl Jam fans... Jeez, grow up.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    DUDE!!!! Big problem, you are.... :D Well... my two cents... nothing worse than wearing a t-shirt with your PIT NAME!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: Just kidding my lovely... you ARE the coolest person on earth :D

I'm only wearing it cuz i'm a fucking legend 8-)

:lol: Nah, I saw Evolutionary's shirt from Italy with his name on it and figured i'd do the same.. that way people can harrass me easier! :D

And I know i'm a big problem... it was my aim all along ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    yeah i really find it hard to see the big deal about wearing the bands shirts at a show wear what ever you want...even cow costumes! :D
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:
    DUDE!!!! Big problem, you are.... :D Well... my two cents... nothing worse than wearing a t-shirt with your PIT NAME!!!!

I did that at my first PJ show :oops: :lol:

Y'know, 95% of all PJ peeps that I've met (and will be meeting again in August) are fuckin' cool, lovely people from all walks of life with one common interest - BEER! *cough*

There are the 5% of elistist' who think it's their constitutional right to be front row, and will cause hell if they don't get their way. Those, I would like to smack in the face with a heavy lump of metal...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    InMyTree4 wrote:
    yeah i really find it hard to see the big deal about wearing the bands shirts at a show wear what ever you want...even cow costumes! :D

hmmmm... cow costume
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

You are!!!! If I had such a cool pit name I would do so too.... actually... maybe all those going to the UK shows can do that and freak people out!!!!

I personally don't understand why wearing a PJ shirt at a PJ concert is such a faux pas.... Actually, it's proving you are a better fan to the band because they then know you contributed a bit more than others to their income by buying merchandise... right? ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    InMyTree4 wrote:

hmmmm... cow costume

DOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

• Options
    redrock wrote:

You are!!!! If I had such a cool pit name I would do so too.... actually... maybe all those going to the UK shows can do that and freak people out!!!!

I personally don't understand why wearing a PJ shirt at a PJ concert is such a faux pas.... Actually, it's proving you are a better fan to the band because they then know you contributed a bit more than others to their income by buying merchandise... right? ;):mrgreen:
    :lol:

Why thank you ;) I'm gonna try and get quite a few people in t-shirts... i'm not gonna act like a knob completely on my own! :lol:

I agree, I shelled out the hard earned cash for the merch, I'm gonne wear it damnit!! :x

:mrgreen:

• Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,117
    InMyTree4 wrote:

LOL...i take it you seen him as well?? lol...he is a funny dude...
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    surforia wrote:
    Take a look at how many people walk around wearing PJ t-shirts to a PJ show, for example...

Not only will I wear a fucking Pearl Jam shirt to a Pearl Jam show, there is also a good possibility that it will be the shirt I bought that night at the show!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    surforia wrote:

Not only will I wear a fucking Pearl Jam shirt to a Pearl Jam show, there is also a good possibility that it will be the shirt I bought that night at the show!

Good! :D

I'll be wearing customised specially printed PJ/Sian-of-the-dead named t-shirts... one for each gig :oops: :lol:

• Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    This is just classic... A dresscode..? Seriously? What next? Am I going to have to cover up my PJ-tattoo? :D
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    Customized you say? I've got a collection of those myself :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    petrocs wrote:
    InMyTree4 wrote:

hmmmm... cow costume

DOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

done...someone get me a ticket for London...Im coming in COW!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    This is just classic... A dresscode..? Seriously? What next? Am I going to have to cover up my PJ-tattoo? :D

I'll have to do the same then... :? :oops:

:lol:

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    ="ajedigecko"]
    general concert rule..you dont wear the shirt of the band playing! :D
    but since it pisses people off you gotta keep doing it 8-)

Well i've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs and festivals and never once has someone enlightened me about this 'rule' :roll: ;)

I'll keep doing it if it pisses people off or not... I don't give two shits what people think! :lol:
    ajedigecko wrote:
    oh great .............another enlightening comment about what to wear to a pj show.

Do as I do... wear what the hell you like! :mrgreen:
    i would venture to say.........i bet people who do not wear a pj shirt put more thought into "not wearing a pj shirt" than those who do.[/quote]
    i was just poking fun..ive heard that "rule" before from some a-hole

just to prove it ill be the guy wearing the "i got shit" onesie at the next show!
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,117
    ill be wearing the 1st shirt i grab out of my drawer(maybe it will be my backstreet boys tshirt..)...i dont give a rats ass as to what anyone wears..LOL
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    I was harassed by a Pearl Jam fan for wearing a Pearl Jam T-shirt last June at the Hartford show. :cry:

Now I will wear a Pearl Jam shirt to EVERY Pearl Jam show I go to! :lol:

All I did was laugh and walk away when it happened.... I didn't know what else to do or say...
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Hard to believe that wearing a fan tshirt is seen as a no-no. Other fan bases see it as a badge of honour to wear vintage t-shirts to gigs! I'll be wearing my 1996 No Code tour tshirt to London in August. It has gone pink with age, probably a double faux pas, but I couldn't give a hoot.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    edited April 2009
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Customized you say? I've got a collection of those myself :)

Yeppers!

I take a normal t-shirt, slice the neck off, take the sleeves off and take it in so it fits me all girly like!

I'm gonna get some t-shirts made up with a PJ image on the front, the gig date and my screen name across the shoulders...

UBER DORKY!!! :mrgreen::lol:
    Post edited by Sian-of-the-dead on

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    I was harassed by a Pearl Jam fan for wearing a Pearl Jam T-shirt last June at the Hartford show. :cry:
    Now I will wear a Pearl Jam shirt to EVERY Pearl Jam show I go to! :lol:
    All I did was laugh and walk away when it happened.... I didn't know what else to do or say...

that's ridiculous!! how dare you wear a PJ shirt to a PJ show?? seriously. i can't believe that someone would give you shit for that. i always wear a PJ shirt. if people don't like it, i don't care. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    This is by far the best post I've read on this board...I have intentionally quit posting as of late becuase I have been getting pulled into the drama of it all...it is really becoming a negative thing, and let's face it, no adult on this board needs more drama (I have a four year old after all)...I agree with the entire first 2 pages of this post, and I am grateful to have read it. I think I'm just gonna retire from the board at this point unless it's something on a positive note. Thanks to all the old school cool fans who have made me proud to be a die-hard Pearl Jam fan. Member number 189857....(sorry I was without a computer for that period of time and let my membership expire!!!)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I can certainly understand, and see the spoiledness of the new generation of fans. I haven't even been a fan for too long, since 2004...but I realize that. I have never complained about seniority, my 10C number, what tickets I've gotten...it's just..stupid to bitch about that.

I've indeed met cool people because of this band, and I hope to keep it that way. Pearl Jam still means to me exactly what they did when i first listened to them. Sheer fucking greatness with a community of awesome fans to back it up.

oh, and FYI...I'll be the one dressed as Ron Burgundy at the next tour in hopes that someone will tell me what to wear at a god damn rock concert.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,399
    The so-called 'rule' about not wearing a PJ shirt at a PJ show is pathetic. Whoever lives by that rule is a dumbass. My first ever PJ show was London Astoria in 2006; I got the Avocado shirt at the merch stand and put it straight on. I'm proud to wear PJ shirts and I couldn't give two pieces of monkey crap where I wear them.

I've only had one or two bad experiences with PJ fans. First was in Paris in 2006, but that wasn't spoiled fans exactly...it was just drunken French morons who thought it was cool to climb on people and head-dive into the crowd.

The other experience was London 2007, when some Spanish/Mexican guys arrived late to the queue and just stood straight in front of us, and then protested to the security that they had been there the whole time. It ended well, because security held them back when we started to go into the arena.

Other than that, most PJ fans I've met have been lovely!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    i was just makin a joke about the "rule"..geez

i wore my EV solo shirt for the whole show..no big deal
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,399

Sorry, I wasn't attacking you. It's just that I've heard about this 'rule' over the years and spoken to people who actually follow it, so those are the dumbasses and you're cool :)
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited April 2009
    I don't know what the fuck you're talking about..the last tour i met all kinds of cool people..wether it was the poster line,ticket line or the beer line..maybe it's because you have become jaded after all these years..in other words..maybe it's you all that have changed..and not the experience.

agreed!
    granted, my first tour was 2003.....so guess i am not privvy to the earlier touring experiences.....but all i DO know is i have had a BLAST with 10clubbers EVERY tour, and i've gone to shows every year 2003 straight thru 2008, ed planned thus far for 2009. i have met a shitload of fellow fans whether on 10c queues in europe, pre-parties in the states....lines within the venues, hell...even on the way to the ladies room :P. that said, sure, SOMe people suck...but that's to be expected in ALL walks of life. i don't expect pj fans to be any different. the vast majority i have met, hung out with, shared drinks/meals/shows/travels....utterly cool folks whom i adore, some so dear to me.

life is what YOU make it. we can only control our OWN perspective, our own experience. same holds true with live pearl jam.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430

you do realize..............the onsie is now yours to attempt.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

you do realize..............the onsie is now yours to attempt.
    o u best believe ill do it..just gonna wear it as shorts somehow i guess
  • Options
    The Rock wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't attacking you. It's just that I've heard about this 'rule' over the years and spoken to people who actually follow it, so those are the dumbasses and you're cool :)
    yes! acceptance :lol: