Options

You all feel less like family....

Comments

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    are there any tailors here that could make a grown man sized onesie?
    ill rock it
  • Options
    i was just poking fun..ive heard that "rule" before from some a-hole

just to prove it ill be the guy wearing the "i got shit" onesie at the next show!

DOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,400
    YES! Definitely go for the onesie, that would be cool.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    ill rock it

i am sure you could find a one piece swimsuit then..........................customize it.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    ill rock it

i am sure you could find a one piece swimsuit then..........................customize it.

awesome..im gonna look into this
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    ajedigecko wrote:
    ill rock it

if you pull this off....................................immortalized.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    ajedigecko wrote:
    ill rock it

This sounds so cool! Well... not actually cool, but incredibly great!! :) Are you going to make it to Berlin in that outfit?
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:

if you pull this off....................................immortalized.

+1 :mrgreen:

You would be the stuff of legend my friend... legend. 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    ScrapeMySky"]
    ajedigecko wrote:
    ill rock it

This sounds so cool! Well... not actually cool, but incredibly great!! :) Are you going to make it to Berlin in that outfit?[/quote]

unfourtunately this may have to wait for a usa show..
    unless i hit the lottery then ill be there with onesies for all!
  • Options

unfourtunately this may have to wait for a usa show..
    unless i hit the lottery then ill be there with onesies for all!

Ahh... bummer. If there were onesies for all i would wear one! With pride!
  • Options
    i think i can customize one of these

http://www.wrestlingone.com/productdeta ... king=d_203
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    this thread's taken a turn for the funny.

thanks!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    [/quote] It's DUDETTE to you.

No, the problem is people caring too much about what others think and caring too much about how fucking cool thay think they are in the tenclub stakes. I don't give a shit what people think about me, I'm there for the music and not to be seen. Part of having a good time at the shows for me is wearing my customised PJ shirts and having other PJ fans chat to me cuz it's instantly recognisable. I'm in my twenties and not in school anymore, I won't be made to feel like i'm not part of the cool crowd cuz I wear a bands shirt to their show.

As I said earlier, I've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs - everything from Alanis Morissette to Pig Destroyer, and 90% of the time I wear the bands shirt, no one has had a problem apart from select Pearl Jam fans... Jeez, grow up.[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion, but i was referring to the donkey who is telling you what to wear to a show being the problem 8-) Not you :D
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    if you were on the smaller side, you could take a huge tshirt and sew some snaps on the bottom hem so it would snap closed in your crotch. You could either tuck the extra fabric in or if you were feeling crafty, you could cut a notch out hand-sew it back together.

LMAO!
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    drsluggo wrote:
    I've met some really cool people in lines for shows, and I've met some that will immediately go to the "Were you at Boston 3?" or "How many shows are you hitting this tour?" etc, etc...

To be fair, both of those questions are completely legitimate to ask someone in line if you are trying to strike up a conversation. I've been to a lot of shows and have no need to flaunt it, but if I am talking to someone and get a sense they have hit up a lot of shows, or better yet a lot I have been to, I will try to get inside their head and really talk shop. I don't do it to show off...I do it to be friendly and have an interesting conversation to kill time.

"How many shows have you been to" is a little more awkard than "How many are you hitting up this tour". The latter can possibly lead to meeting up for drinks at the next venue or sharing a hotel room.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    if you were on the smaller side, you could take a huge tshirt and sew some snaps on the bottom hem so it would snap closed in your crotch. You could either tuck the extra fabric in or if you were feeling crafty, you could cut a notch out hand-sew it back together.

LMAO!

great idea
    im going home to detroit this weekend..they have some g'd up stores so i can find one of these!
    o its so on :D

talltee.jpg
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Bring on the Mansies!!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Customized you say? I've got a collection of those myself :)

Yeppers!

I take a normal t-shirt, slice the neck off, take the sleeves off and take it in so it fits me all girly like!

I'm gonna get some t-shirts made up with a PJ image on the front, the gig date and my screen name across the shoulders...

UBER DORKY!!! :mrgreen::lol:
    You are SO making me wanna do those UK dates! Can I have someone's floor for those shows? I know there are quite a few of y'all in London and Manchester area :)
    *goestofindthoseroll call threads for UK shows*
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    ill rock it

And please tuck for God's sake :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Not to take away from the discussion of mansies, but. . .

As someone who grew up in the 90s and completely missed out on the PJ boat and I can look back and kick myself for not having an awesome fan club number, t-shirts from the gigs, posters, whatever. But what the hell is the point? It all depends on the person. From what I've seen on this board in the short time that I've been lurking is that, the people on here at least, are damn good people. Some might be obsessive about where they sit or what they have, but that's why I don't delve into those topics where it seems that people are just bragging. My first show was the June 28th 2008 Mansfield. I was in the very last row. Lawn seating was right behind me. People jumping over the fence pushing past me to find empty seats closer to the stage. But holy shit I had the most incredible time just where I was. I didn't need a guitar pick, Eddie sweating on me, have a staring match with Stone. I think we all agree that the music is what brings us together at concerts and anything other than that is secondary. Once people lose sight of that, I start to feel sorry for them. I would love to be in the front row, 5th row, 20th row, 30th row, but if I'm not why am I going to let that ruin my time. Don't lose faith in all the 10clubbers, just pick and choose.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I have another story about this kind of stuff... I don't think it's changed but the fandom level has gone up that's for sure...

Me and my wife were in line at camden waiting to see out first show together and this ass is behind us pushes passed both of us yelling 'hurry up i need to get a poster'... then he proceeds to run like a mad fucker through everyone to the poster line.

I think the poster thing has got out of hand let's be honest.

I think there are mostly nice 10c's but you get the occasional 'poster obsessed' or 'i've been to 50 shows I'm entitled' type of fan. But you get a bad portion in any large fan base.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    BinFrog wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    I've met some really cool people in lines for shows, and I've met some that will immediately go to the "Were you at Boston 3?" or "How many shows are you hitting this tour?" etc, etc...

To be fair, both of those questions are completely legitimate to ask someone in line if you are trying to strike up a conversation. I've been to a lot of shows and have no need to flaunt it, but if I am talking to someone and get a sense they have hit up a lot of shows, or better yet a lot I have been to, I will try to get inside their head and really talk shop.

Yeah - you're right. I guess I meant that some people almost use it like a pick up line. It makes me think of Swingers when the one girl asks what kind of car you drive, and then when its not a nice one they walk away.

Either way - it is a fair thing to ask... I suppose I was just trying to say there are a group that just want to get in line and try to one-up everyone else's PJ 'cred' or however you want to phrase it.

You're right though - in proper context its one of the best things you can talk with someone you just met in line about :)
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    im mean the band even came out and said they were tired of seeing the same faces just standing there, i mean if a band notices that then there is a problem

I know that Ed said something after the Chicago '06 shows, but when did "the band" come out and say they were "tired" of seeing the same faces? I personally can recall being at several shows where Ed said how remarkable it was to see the same faces at every show (Albany '06, I believe he lovingly called these people "freaks" before Hide Your Love Away).

I agree, things aren't the way they used to be. Personally, I think all you need to do is look at some of the thread topics and you can see why. For example,Too many are unfairly labeling others as elitists...I have been in the 10C since it was the VHC, I go to as many shows as possible, and normally my seats are close; but does that make me an elitist? I think the lottery for rows 1-2 and 8-9 was a great idea because it gives everyone the same shot to be up close. If we could just stop with labeling each other, maybe we can bring back some of the old magic. :D
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    If we could just stop with labeling each other, maybe we can bring back some of the old magic. :D
    +1
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    If we could just stop with labeling each other, maybe we can bring back some of the old magic. :D
    +1

+2! (Although labeling someone dressed in a mansie would be pretty tempting :D )
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    redrock wrote:
    I'm only wearing it cuz i'm a fucking legend 8-)

You are!!!! If I had such a cool pit name I would do so too.... actually... maybe all those going to the UK shows can do that and freak people out!!!!

I personally don't understand why wearing a PJ shirt at a PJ concert is such a faux pas.... Actually, it's proving you are a better fan to the band because they then know you contributed a bit more than others to their income by buying merchandise... right? ;):mrgreen:

I'm with you there. I couldn't care less what shirt people are wearing to the show. It's the people that think they have some sort of intense personal bond with the band because they've been front row to 30 shows and Ed sweated on them and gave them a pick once so they just know he wishes he could leave his family to be with them... it's pathetic how this band turns some middle-aged men and women into starry-eyed teenage girls that swoon over their imaginary relationship with the band. To top it off, they also have this sense of entitlement when it comes to best seats at the shows... like they think the band couldn't perform without having them there in the front row. They're people that have seen Almost Famous too many times and took every nonsensical soapbox speech by Kate Hudson as some sort of gospel.

As to the shirts, who cares? When you go to a sporting event, you wear the shirt to show your support. This whole shirt thing didn't exist until some throwaway line in a mediocre movie (PCU) that made every hipster feel they had to be cool and make a conscious effort to not seem like a fan while they cream their shorts over the prospect of a tossed off tambourine or ultra-rare poster.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Kinsey wrote:
    Hard to believe that wearing a fan tshirt is seen as a no-no. Other fan bases see it as a badge of honour to wear vintage t-shirts to gigs! I'll be wearing my 1996 No Code tour tshirt to London in August. It has gone pink with age, probably a double faux pas, but I couldn't give a hoot.

I used to have a kick ass No Code shirt, but I gifted it to an ex-gf of mine. Wish I still had that one.

I don't really wear PJ shirts anymore though... band merch is way too expensive, so I never buy any new shirts. I still have one from the 2000 tour, but that's it. And the free one I got with Immagine.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    we're quite a dysfunctional family, you can say...lol
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Well the truth is, we are the competition for tickets, no doubt. But once the shows start, the folks around me in line, the folks in the seats next to me, the folks around me on the floor have been some of the coolest mofo's I've had the pleasure of meeting! And some of the folks I ONLY know through these messages have been very nice and folks I look forward to meeting SOON!

I even love the Guy at Berk2 who told me to shut the F*&% up as I was singing the first chorus of Ledbetter, little did he know the whole audience was gonna join in in a big way! Ah well, prolly just a taper.... Let me know if you hear that on a boot!
    There is one thing in common amongst all these people and it is liking the music of this band... that may be the only thing too.

That's a pretty good starting point, I've found, for making friends. But it's not exactly true, those that love Spin the Black Circle, Blood and Leash, might not be the biggest Daughter, Elderly or Parachutes fan! I'm 41 and I started with the heavy stuff, the punk rock (in fact, Sonic Reducer was my first mp3 download), and now I like more the "heavy" stuff -- the Light Years, Black. But I think that's why this band rocks so hard, cause they have such a fantastic range. They could do a punk show, they could do an acoustic show. I like that it pulls that diverse of a crowd together -- and you can see someone crying over Blood (cause they took a foot to the face) and someone crying over Black (cause they took one in the gut).
    I've only been to a handful of shows and met some great people and some of the rather annoying types. But that has never influenced my appreciation for the music, because when the music starts it all goes away and kind of boils down to just the music and me.

In the end, that's what we have -- there are just two entities in these songs, the band and you! Take them for what they are to you. As for the 10C, I've found the ignore function to be quite useful, I'm quite a late-comer here and just picked up on band happenings every tour -- but then I've been in CA that gets to see them every few years or more.
    I especially loved the Ed shows because it was a nice way to see Ed away from it all, and he sounded great.

I hate to say it, but I'm probably now a bigger Ed fan than a PJ fan. Not that I wouldn't give an arm to see McCready or Stone, or PJ, but at 41 and life events and what not -- Ed's solo style just sings more to me. I blame The Bridge School shows too, just a fantastic style to see them rock -- hell, probably the best Trent and Foo has ever sounded too! (See how I did that? Dropped that elitists "I've Been to Bridge Shows!" mojo?)
    everyone I meet at the concerts is always really positive and just more excited to be there and see Pearl Jam then talk about their goods or whatnot.

here here. In '95 at Cal Expo we were having such a ball at the mosh pit and throwing stuff up on stage (OMG I did it again, just dropped a really old elistist reference!) And then fast forward to more recent gigs, enjoying a brew in the hallways in Santa Cruz was absolutely one of the best times I've had at a show!
    Take a look at how many people walk around wearing PJ t-shirts to a PJ show, for example...

Everyone knows you're supposed to wear the shirt from the LAST concert you went to, for some, that's prolly PJ. But I do put a lot of thought year after year, searching and searching for that perfect concert T, the one that makes the perfect statement about who I am, where I am in life, what it's all about.

OMG, my shirt for Eddie in Philly is sooo elitist and uber-hip, I can't even find it on Google! All's I'll say is this is close, but it's not this one (This is my McCready shirt, yep, I have an Eddie version too!): http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/prod/ ... x-12-1.jpg
    I think you might be onto something there. Like the guy above you said, I think the cool people left when the albums started to kinda suck. Now all that's left is a bunch of petty dorks that treat the band like any other collectible obsession (Star Trek, d&d, stamps, whatever).

And Lego!
    nothing worse than wearing a t-shirt with your PIT NAME!!!!

So A Baseball cap will be ok? Mine's with the seamstress right now.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

I'm with you there. I couldn't care less what shirt people are wearing to the show. It's the people that think they have some sort of intense personal bond with the band because they've been front row to 30 shows and Ed sweated on them and gave them a pick once so they just know he wishes he could leave his family to be with them...

I'm glad I'm not that much of a psycho... I've had my front row experience where Ed gave me a pick ( :twisted: ), but y'know, it was my first show, I was hysterical, but I got over it. I ain't chasing the dream of it happening again, I just got lucky. I hope that by me not being in front row, some other lucky so n' so at their first show will have as good a time as I had at mine! If you /do/ see me up near the front, its mostly cos the people I know are up there! This is coming from a European perspective, where it's pretty much up to you where you end up standing.

I guess what the queue for the Munich show taught me is that some people will just never lighten up... EVER! I jokingly mentioned that there was no point in putting my name on THE list, as I'd skip the queue anyway, and some people were looking at me as if I told them I supported George Bush. I was on my own in a random country, way to be freakin' friendly, guys!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!