PLEASE NO SENIORITY FOR NEXT TOUR

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    shell bell wrote:
    I've now benn in the 10cc for 12 years and not one time have I been in the front. Some first time members have tho. So I would love to have the chance to be in the front couple of rows at least one time. The closest I've been 6th row center in Missouls,MT in 03.

And my number is 131xxx
    you dont consider 6th row up front??????

6th row wasnt close enough????
    If I could lock into and forever have the 6th row - I would do it in an instant.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    with your number.....you may be surprised....

you may get "wing seats"....on the side of the venue.....

that turn out to be kick ass seats!!!!

i have had "wing seats" in the 1st row a couple of times.......both on mikes side.....

even if you end up 10-20 rows up on the side......its still a great seat.............

I agree, wing seats are much better than being 30 or more rows back on the floor in an arena.

Definitely. It's part of why I may let my membership lapse. I'm at the point where I'm never going to be moving any closer, so I'd just as soon buy on the side with TM. I hate those folding seats on the floor.
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,833
    i was quite content with the way they did things last year, with the random drawing for seats in certain rows. after being in the 10c since 2003 and never getting ridiculously close to the stage despite being a diehard fan, it was awesome to get tenth row dead center in mansfield. not to mention the ridiculously close seats for eddie vedder that were all random anyways. id like to see that system in place again for the next tour -- best of both worlds and seems to be the one system that appeases the masses for the most part.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
    I really feel sorry for the "kids".

The younger fans who have to realize their chances of ever seeing Pearl Jam within the first 10-15 rows are basically slim and none.

I do not feel sorry for some fan, who has seen Pearl Jam 80 times, when he says........."the lottery system is punishing me"

actually i cant say what i think of THAT fan....because i would soon be banned..........

I completely disagree. Those people make me weep for the injustice being done to them. Imagine them having to sit on the side with the peasantry of the fanbase! Don't we all know the band NEEDS them up in the front row because once Ed looked down and smiled at them and it was the best version of Cropduster ever played so clearly the band draws its inspiration from them...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791
    i was quite content with the way they did things last year, with the random drawing for seats in certain rows. after being in the 10c since 2003 and never getting ridiculously close to the stage despite being a diehard fan, it was awesome to get tenth row dead center in mansfield. not to mention the ridiculously close seats for eddie vedder that were all random anyways. id like to see that system in place again for the next tour -- best of both worlds and seems to be the one system that appeases the masses for the most part.
    i say expand the lottery....

make the 1st 10-15 rows random......

that would give all the newer fans a better shot of getting up close.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375

i'd be ok with that. i really have never seen the harm w/ the lottery system.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,833

well you wouldnt see me complaining there :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
    and with a 10club membership....

does it not say that the 10club will try their best to make the best seats available to the 10club members???

it doesnt say that you will be guaranteed anything......right????

so NOBODY .....and i dont care if you have been a member since day 1......nobody is "entitled" to anything!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!

give the newer, younger fans a chance to get up front.......
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I have no problem with the seniority thing, and my number is around 300k. Sure, my seats aren't up super close, but I have never been disappointed. I did like the lottery last tour (even though I didn't win) and thing the band should continue with that approach.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    Why is everybody going crazy over this??? It's not like every member is at every show....and it's not like the newer members deserve less than the older ones.... I could see if every member was at every show, and the newer members had little to no chance at all to get great seats! In my point of view it is always a lottery...because you have no idea where you will sit...

2 tours ago I had 5th row....last summer I had 15th....so just because I have been a member for 15 years, doesn't give me the right to expect the first couple of rows....
    ive changed my mind....

make the first 40 rows lottery....................
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    seniority?????

It is what it is.....and to me it seems the best way to hand out the tickets....

I would love for every 17-21 year old kid who has just discovered the band, to be able to sit within the first 10 rows. But its just not going to happen.

I myself would have no problem if they made the first 20 rows part of a lottery system. But then you would have a bunch of fans screaming and yelling, because they have been in the 10club for 15 years and they are "entitled" to their front row seats. Limiting the amount of shows one could attend using 10club tickets would also be an option. But then again, you would have a bunch of fans who have been 10club members for 15 years, whining and crying, because they feel they are "entitled" to their front row seats.

Well, its not just having discovered them through guitar hero, its having listened to them for 5/6 years and gone to a different continent to see them, i wouldn't be supportive of young people who just know even flow and alive to get in the first 10 rows!
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I think they should strengthen the seniority rules for PJ shows. Let's make it if you have not been in the 10c for more than 5 years, you are not eligible for 10c tix at all. Then after 5 years, like the Bloods,Crips, Latin Kings and Hells Angels, you have to go through an initiation and prove your loyalty. ;)
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    It's also anoying that here are people with kick ass numbers but just waste them as they dont like pj as much anymore.
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    I think they should strengthen the seniority rules for PJ shows. Let's make it if you have not been in the 10c for more than 5 years, you are not eligible for 10c tix at all. Then after 5 years, like the Bloods,Crips, Latin Kings and Hells Angels, you have to go through an initiation and prove your loyalty. ;)

I agree....an initiation! I'd be happy to take a whipping for PJ any day! :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    funnygirl wrote:
    I'd be happy to take a whipping for PJ any day! :D

Whoa mama! :shock:
  • smaksmak Posts: 224
    How about if you're less than 150,000 you get 2 seats up front for the price of one, so you can stretch a little, and if you're 300,000+ you have to buy everybody below 150,000 two beers to just be able to walk in the venue.
    smak wrote:
    How about if you're less than 150,000 you get 2 seats up front for the price of one, so you can stretch a little, and if you're 300,000+ you have to buy everybody below 150,000 two beers to just be able to walk in the venue.

:lol:
    smak wrote:

I like it. Those latecomers should be grateful we even let them into the venue to see our band.
  • the Chadthe Chad Posts: 65
    I just want another tour!!

As far as seniority goes, I think it is good right now the lottery up front and rows 9 + 10, I think it shakes it up
    a bit. I would like to see the band/10 club do whatever they want, and I will show up and rock out!

One comment, my best seats ever were 2nd row in San Diego in 2006, the folks up there barely had a pulse, no kidding. It was like trees with no wind. Maybe it should be a bit more random?
  • JM27548JM27548 Posts: 43
    ...this argument again :roll:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    member # 27xxx here most of you know how i feel about seniority :mrgreen:
    that being said this low number does shit for me unless i can score tickets example i was shut out for both MSG shows here in my home state ,i did end up with scoring tickets to Hartford & Mansfield with this # and was rewarded great seats ....i don't mind the lottery system .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

I just watched part of a show about LA gangs on national geographic last night- I am curious what the initiation would be.

One of the saddest and funniest things I have ever seen by the way.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    funnygirl wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

I agree....an initiation! I'd be happy to take a whipping for PJ any day! :D
    I am starting to worry about you....... :shock:
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    They did what I recommended they do for years. Random few rows up front. It's been working great!

If you're one of the lucky couple hundred who are in those hundreds of seats, great! Why punish those who have been the most loyal, and paying them dues CONSISTENTLY? They have a staff they have to pay for, and they pay them with our dues and other revenue.

Some fans hop on the "membership" bandwagon when they hear a tour is eminent. That's fine for them, but I say reward those who are consistently paying up. They've already done the lottery, and I think that's enough. Lottery winners cut all the way to the front, and it's a fair system.

I wouldn't mind if they went back to having tickets given out based on when they received your money order in the mail, but those days are over.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    why do people care so much about being up close!
    be greatful that you are in the arena, and be thankful that you didn't have to fight with ticketbastard to get tickets!
    i have a shit number, but who cares, it got be decent seats at msg last year!

i am all for GA like europe, i guess i just like rocking out up front with a mad crowd, and the all day line ups!
    you rock out with all your friends, not just 1 ;):lol:

senior members have had all the chance in the last 18 years to see them up front, let other members down there! the band sure likes a change of faces!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    2 reasons: First, think of the new fans to the band that'll jump onboard with the rerelease-- every new fan has very little chance of seeing the band up close. If I was a new fan, I'd be disappointed. That being said, I've loved the band since year 1, but my number is in the upper 300K. I only joined the club a few years ago because my ex-gf had a low number. After seeing Ed play solo at NJPAC last year, it was absolutely breathtaking to see my favorite singer only 13 rows back. It sucks that I will probably never see them so close again. No seniority worked well for the Ed solo shows, let's do it again for the whole band.
    All I have to say is this...
    If you have been a fan since 1991 and have been sponging off of your Ex's Memebership... well, I don't have a lot of sympathy for you. you have had more than ample time to get your own membership... or marry the gal... but, you didn't. Why should anyone with a 299,999 and below be pushed back due to your poor decision.. or indecision?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Gotta lodge my vote FOR SENIORITY. It's one of the reasons I joined the 10C all those years ago.
    Give way to nature ...
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    You're joking, right? No offense to any potential "new fans" but, and to quote Ed Vedder, "fuck 'em." :)

I didn't get to go to any shows last tour, but I think the current system with rows 1, 2, 9, and 10 (is that right) as random jackpot rows is awesome. People used to complain about the same old people constantly being in front row, so this puts that to rest, and keeps the people who should be close up, still close up. Friend of mine has a number in the ten-thousands and got 3rd row last tour. That means under the old system he would have been in 1st row, but he said seeing the reaction of the lottery winners when they sat down in the first row was worth it to be two rows back. I've been front row, and it's great. But my number is in the low one hundred thousands, so the chance that I might get in the front 1 or 2 rows is appealing. I got mostly single digits in '03 (hovered around 6th row for quite a few shows), '06 I was further back and it was all general in San Francisco. The next show I get to attend should be pretty great seats, and you have the chance of being super close.

Some punk teenager who happened to get into Pearl Jam cause they were on Rock Band or whatever... making everyone who's paid their $20 (or $15 or $10 or $5 a year since the 90s) for 10+ years equal with the "new fans"...I don't think so. There would literally be a revolt at the shows. :lol: They are lucky to get as good of a chance at tickets as they will. And hey, they have a chance at front row too... but not equal, and "no seniority." No offense, but horrible idea.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • my school (i'm in highschool) is having the same problem with parking...there are only X number amount of spots and they are all taken...now only seniors can park on campus...there are students who turn 17 (the age in NY when a kid can get his/her liscence) later in the year can't get a parking spot...

the solution we've come up with but still working out the bugs before it's implemented is that there will be a lottery held 4 times (once for each marking period) so that every student gets a chance.)

i'm not suggesting PJ do that...but only having a membership since december i fall on both sides of 2 similar situations (i have a parking spot)...so what i do suggest is at smaller venues seniority remains the status quo (if i spelled that right) and for the larger venues like arenas, i.e. MSG, it's all first come first serve so a high # can sit next to a low # in the front row sharing the same and fair experience